Kino is much less of a reverse trap

>Kino is much less of a reverse trap
>Colosseum is largely glossed over
>the ambiguity of whether or not the bike actually talks is immediately destroyed
>characterization of Kino is kinda hamfisted
>not to mention the throwaway 'antagonist' of first episode
>muh action from the get go, instead of the slow paced world building of Season 1
I'm.. not feeling too good about this one. Maybe I just have overtly high standarts after how much I loved the first season?
Anyone else getting kinda disappointed on this?

>the ambiguity of whether or not the bike actually talks
In Kino no Tabi people answer question made by Hermes all the time and are surprised by meeting up with a motorrad. so I don't really know where you did you get this ''ambiguity''.

Was it ever that obvious in the original? I don't remember

Kino being a girl and looking like a boy was never particularly relevant.
There's no ambiguity, Hermes talks all the time.
What do you think is wrong with Kino's character?
Practically everyone but Kino and Hermes are throwaway characters and always were.

I don't like this version as much, but I think most of your complaints are baseless.

He talks all the time. There's nothing at all to suggest he doesn't.

Yeah, would have been better to skip it outright.

What I'm seeing is just you already forgot the first one.

I enjoyed this episode. The tournament was a bit rushed but the action was nicely done.
People still mistake her for a boy and with her jacket on its hard to tell, the artstlye makes her look more feminine in general than patato kino.

The real question is was blondie always a lesbian?

After watching this shit I have a hunch I should just cherish the memories. It's one of my fondest shows, but I also haven't watched it in a decade.

I guess I'm just fucking retarded, then

>Kino is much less of a reverse trap
Which means nothing really
It's a weak but mandatory story that does not need 2 episodes
>the ambiguity of whether or not the bike actually talks is immediately destroyed
It's not important so who cares
>characterization of Kino is kinda hamfisted
You mean that they didn't take their sweet time first before coliseum where Kino lets loose? They are going to adapt Shizu chapters so they need him introduced early
>not to mention the throwaway 'antagonist' of first episode
It's a country that attracts 2 types of people
>muh action from the get go, instead of the slow paced world building of Season 1
Kino personally killed 3 dudes in episode 2. And what world building when most countries are isolated and no one brings up what was there before the countries.

You're pretty much the kind of guy that makes other people call nice shows "pretentious" because they try to make it sound bigger than it is.

its not as good as the first season but its still a lot better than nothing so i'm not complaining. since its mostly adapting different material, it doesnt need to be as good as the original to be a worthwhile addition to the franchise. i'm hoping the director will improve during the show as he figures out what works and what doesnt.

What was that all about anyway? Is Kino just a total psychopath?

no she was just pissed off

I do not see how anyone could prefer the art style of the old Kino adaption. Or really any part of the presentation.

Don't get me wrong, both Lain and Ghost Hound were masterpieces, but Nakamura really didn't get Kino at all. Hate that it's people's touchstone for the series.

Fucking nostalgiafag. Watch you original then if you don't want to look like a fool.

Because the new one is as "generic 2010s" as it gets?

>comparing a reboot negatively Is just nostalgiafagging

I watched it for the first time 2 weeks ago and was unsure if it was in her head or not for at least 5 episodes, the first few episodes make the conversations ambiguous.

She didn't seem pissed off, she was smiling as she knowingly provoked thousands of people to massacre each other. So, is she meant to be a sympathetically portrayed psycho, am i retarded or is the writing just inconsistent retarded dogshit? Seems to be the last one

The crucial detail (only the elite citizen class would be fighing to the death) was left out. That's what rushing the story gets you.

That doesn't really make it any less evil but at least it makes sense. I watched the original years ago but my memory is shit so I almost don't remember anything. I wanted to give this show a chance but i guess it's shit after all

Wow, pretty fucked up what she did to the Gorillaz

Feel Good popped into my head watching this

Wasn't that only in the old TV series and not in the novel?

end episode was already kinda too edgy and anime-y for me. I hope it gets better.