So is it any good? Was hyped until I saw some of the webms posted around here

So is it any good? Was hyped until I saw some of the webms posted around here.

I'm liking it thus far. Probably because I loved 2003 so much.

Is Kino No Tabi deep?

deep is a meme

No, its beep

it's kino

Almost as good as the original

It's one of the very few anime that actually deserve that word.

lol where are her oppai

Honestly, other than the very occasional shit CGI, I'm finding it hard to fault it on anything. Visuals are otherwise better than the 2003 version, voice acting is good, direction seems competent. Episode 2 differs heavily from the 2003 version, but I think the changes made are good since I always thought it was the weakest part of the original, and felt it was jarring and out of place.

That said, it doesn't quite have the same charm to it. I attribute this partially to nostalgia, and partially to the fact that it lacks 2003's god tier OP and ED.

>It's one of the very few anime that actually deserve that word.
goes to town, it's forced into a tournament, saves town, proceeds to destroy town with new rule.
what was her goal?
the bitch who told her to go to town I understand that Kino would hate her, but destroy a whole town because of it. really? was she in her period?

I don't find the visuals better, to be honest. More technologically advanced, but the end result is less aesthethically pleasing, so it counts as worse for me. Some old series look like shit, but I don't get the techno-progressive-fetishism in media

Worse than the 2003 one so far, but still pretty good in its own right.

I find it difficult to get used to this new kino. She's a lot more talkative, friendly and normal than she should be.

I don't really like it, but I have to watch it anyway.

I feel like it's hard to judge it on its own merits because I can't unwatch the old version. It does not have the same mood and therefore my expectations will necessarily conflict with what I see.

I want to cum deep inside Kino.

Kino's always been friendly, and I don't think she's much more talkative than she was before, not to say she's ever especially talkative.

Kino's always been distant and a bit broken.

Yeah, but she was friendly in spite of that, or at least polite.

I said it about the original, and I'll say it about this: it is simply inferior to the book it's based on. The official English translation is genuinely good. The adaptations are just fighting over second place.

>The official English translation is genuinely good
Fuck off, Tokyopop shill.

To be fair you could say that for most LN adaptations, and adaptations in general.

Not him, but how do you still a company that went bankrupt a decade ago?

Wait, is this a remake of the 2003 one?

>it is simply inferior to the book it's based on
No it's not. Please consider suicide.

You're assuming I like it more because it's newer and shinier. I don't. I actually dislike the current modern anime style, and I vastly prefer early 2000s stuff, or even better late 80s - mid 90s. That said,
> Some old series look like shit
Kino happens to be one of these. Scanlines are stupid, and the Kino potato memes are true. There's some things the 2003 did well artistically, but it is by no means particularly good or even above average for its time. The new Kino just looks better, even if you personally prefer the idiosyncracies of the old one.

Its good so far but too early to tell if it lives up to the original

holy shit what
>tokyopop translation
>good
Pick one, user. Also Sigsawa is a garbage-tier writer. The only thing he's "good" at is world building, maybe actually give a read to his prose, it's fucking atrocious.
But, that's how it goes with light novel """authors"

Why is Kino so lewd?

No. It is a readaption which has some of the same content, some which is different.

It's funny as you are basing your judgement of his prose on the garbage Tokyopop translation and the crappy baka tsuki machine translations.

Decent first episode, stumbled a little bit on the second episode. It could recover, and I hope it does.

It's because she realized that the people in that country were shit.

>New Kino
>Not broken

She just took down and entire country out of spite. If that ain't broken I dunno what.

The second episode was also only covered because it's Shizu's introductory story and they plan to use some of his stories. So I'm still optimistic

>LNs
>good
read an actual book my dude