Why were Renamon digievolution sequences always the best? Was she was someone's waifu at the studio?

Why were Renamon digievolution sequences always the best? Was she was someone's waifu at the studio?

I mean, Sakuyamon's scene is beautiful, while the ones of the other two main digimon were shitty 3D models. Look at this:

youtube.com/watch?v=wEeEwWKuklo

And then related videos to watch the others.

Anyway, Digimon thread I guess. Tri sucked by the way. Huge disappointment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6FS7R0Rqp8
youtu.be/7djY3w8uglA
youtube.com/watch?v=uIKkasr3udk
youtu.be/bueeN9lMe0g
youtube.com/watch?v=-C3ay-D0g4A
youtube.com/watch?v=xEN8V6km3Rs
youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZTbp-7s2A
youtu.be/PLMJAdGEfs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

>a new audio CD drama is coming out
>by Konaka
>we might finally get confirmation that the Tamers mons were brutally murdered back in the Digital World and the Tamer Trio after finding out commit group suicide

Or we might get a sequel hook. Cool be neat either way.

youtube.com/watch?v=w6FS7R0Rqp8

dat soundtrack tho

Your a big dreamer.

>that the Tamers mons were brutally murdered back in the Digital World and the Tamer Trio after finding out commit group suicide
what

I wanna be the biggest dreamer.

They have a thread on /vg/ for Digimon.

This is the best digimon series. Prove me wrong. Oh wait you can't. Also this is one of the rare instances where the dub is on par with its original counterpart.

>people talking about animal fucking and CP
I'm good with Sup Forums.

youtu.be/7djY3w8uglA

The one opening that comes close to the first, I really like the latino version to boot.

Edgy as fuck

Did anyone her watch Appmon?

This was back in the day when 3D on children's television was considered "hip" and "cool", but not quite good enough to accomplish what they wanted for Sakuyamon's sequence, what with the water and ripples and shit.

See, when we look at it now, we think "man, that CG looks like ass", but back then that was pretty much the best CG you'd ever find on television.

It's a well-known fact that Konaka hates happiness. He's one of those "life is shit and the sooner kids understand that and grow up, the better" kind of people.

That's just Sup Forums in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIKkasr3udk

I know digimon has some really chunni designs but growlmon final form was probably the third chunniest form in the series but I like it the best.

Huh? Are you talking about Dukemon? That shit's common, man.

I was talking tamers since its the one I can remember most and I never really finished the other series.

other way around
back then the CGi was considered special because it was still more expensive to do than 2D animation, keep in mind, all digimon TV anime was done with digital animation, so it was never cell drawn, but still it was cheaper to do 2D back then than 3D
So the main 2 characters in every season would get a 3D CGi evolution scene, remember how Tai and Matt had 3D CGi evolutions while the rest got 2D?

There's literally nothing wrong with those two, well CP is a stretch

Yeah, Dukemon. That shit's common.

Best DigiGirl

so was ever confirmed that jessmon was really jesus?

Don't forget he hates lolis.
He is Kitoh, if Kitoh could write.

No. Aside from its name, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Jesus, and even that's questionable. Its attacks and attributes are patterned after the Three Musketeers and that's really all we know.

>17/10 body
>canonically cannot find a boyfriend
>some hot autistic mute digtal girl shows up and makes her into a lesbian

some of them look like fucking yugioh monsters.

>censored all violent scenes
>on par to the original
NOPE
O
P
E

Ami's the only one who can really tolerate Nokia's idiocy.

high level digimons come in two flavours
Waifumons and action figure for boys with tons of swords and guns

Germans got really lucky with their dub compared to Americans.

R.I.P. Koji Wada

>claps got this
youtu.be/bueeN9lMe0g

I'd fuck Alphamon desu

>all those people defending it

momantai

What's worse, he knows the original fans of the show are now adult aged, so he doesn't have to necessarily keep it tame for the kids.

And that's why digimon is awesome.

Previous ones were good, but Sakuyamon's lewd as fuck, I guess it's understandable that people became furries because of this digimon, Renamon had it all in the series, from torture to edgy ninja digimon.

I want to pull that black string

smells

Which is why I hope the new audio CD drama means will get a Tamers Sequel.
I want to see my favorite characters get raped and/or murdered.

>be hue
>the first two series (adventure and 02) get dubbed here from the american dub
>for a miracle the deal with 4kids falls though and we get Tamers uncensored with the original OP and ED in japanese

We went from this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=-C3ay-D0g4A
to
youtube.com/watch?v=xEN8V6km3Rs with no meddling at all while it was a cable exclusive show, then when it went to open TV we got this youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZTbp-7s2A witch is a literal translation word for word from the japanese lyrics, so I guess it was ok

Dont know if Toei would allow it, they co-own it with bandai namco who really does not care if you mature the content at all, but toei always play safe and kids friendly, look at tri and how much of a disappointment is when compared to cyber sluts

>raped or murdered
user, its Toei, not sunrise

Post Digimon you want to fuck because you were going to do it anyways

The only redeeming thing in Applimon

>that whole beach episode where she is trying to evolvo into giant squid form and Izumi, ranamon, ranamon's ugly calamari evolution and both Izumi's evolutions get close ups of their bellies
made kid me hard as diamonds

>action figure for boys with tons of swords and guns

Keep your waifus man, I'm going all in with more weapons than the soviet union.

ranamon and kazemon episodes were the best thing about this shit season.

We at Namco Bandai have the perfect digimon for you

Renamon and Riku needed to be raped brutally.

They all do user. Every single one of them. To death with no hope of release.

Jesus Christ, that Adventure opening is awful.

Sex wise? Yes. Digimon wise? Nah, Gatchmon, Hackmon, Mediamon, and Globemon were GOAT designs.

It is indeed, that singer also voiced Angemon, for no reason, she just wanted to voice Angemon because her name is Angelica, and she did, and it was bad

Digimon made me a fucking furry

>comments are disabled for this video
What a faggot.

I really love the mamemon family

they are such cool looking digimon

I think they were actually intended to be the worst. The guys got the fancy CG, while Renamon was restricted to conventional animation. The higher level evolutions in Adventure like War Greymon, Metal Garurumon and some (all? I don't remember) of the perfects. The passage of time flipped it around though, because the 2D has aged much better than the 3D.

They all look better than the ones from Tri though. Jesus Christ Toei, get it together.

>the Chinaman got better treatment than the Jap
Damn, Konaka was extremely ahead of his time when it came to tolerance.

Evolution sequences tended to have a lot of effort put into them.

The problem with tri.'s evolution sequences is that, unlike the ones for a traditional show, they wouldn't really be used that often. Each sequence wouldn't be used more than once per film, if even that. WereGarurumon and MetalGarurumon STILL haven't gotten any solo sequences.

Evolution sequences for shows, however, are expected to be used over and over throughout the show's run, so they get a fair bit more effort put into them.

ANGELICA, GET OUT OF THE SCREEN I'M TRYING TO SEE THE OPENING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dude, I remember getting addicted to the japanese opening of Tamers while watching it on Fox Kids here in Brazil.
It was levels above what we were getting all these years, not to mention even the later translated version was fine too.

mah nigga.

I went back and looked it up. In previous seasons, only the high level evolutions of the two main dudes got CG. MetalGreymon, WarGreymon, WereGarurumon, MetalGarurumon, Paildramon, and Imperialdramon. With a larger cast that made sense, but Tamers only had 3 primary characters, skipping one of them seems kind of silly. Not that I'm complaining, it's a nice evolution sequence and it looks much less dated.

Makes sense.
>Evolution sequence quality below the old show
>Animation quality below the old movies
Tri somehow manages to be the worst of both worlds.

Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate how it ended up working out. But Toei's been really cheap in recent years, so I can't say I was surprised.

I would like to point out, however, that the average tri. film is actually twice as long as an average Digimon film back in the olden days. So that just gives them more excuses to cut corners.

I used to hate Dukemon's voice at first, but nowadays, it really impresses me how a voice like that can carry so much grace and nobility. Not the sound of it, but the tone and personality.

>implying there was a better moment than pic related

I fucking love how edgy and over the top he was. Then he realized that being an edgy shitty person is not really nice and try to fix his shit by using this fucking attack
>he fucked up the little girl so bad that she asks him why he isn't Leomon

It's too bad the animation in the rest of the show can't really compare to the evolution sequences.

True, each one is even longer than Hurricane Touchdown/Golden Digimentals combined.

Those are the same film.

which digimon was the one with eggs

All of them? What are you talking about?

Well, I guess Tamers didn't have many eggs.

eggman

Are they? There's weird little to be continued intermission between them. I never really got why they did that.

I dunno, I remember a egg thing that became a red and blue fire chicken?

flamedramon? I don't think that's a chicken though

It was a pretty weird film in general. I had no idea what they were trying to do with it.

Oh, you mean the Digimentals. Come to think of it, they did call them "Digi-Eggs" in the English dub for some reason, didn't they?

You're talking about 02, the sequel to the first show, Digimon Adventure.

Yeah. Good animation, not a very good movie. It was especially confusing in the English version. I had no idea what the fuck was going on as a kid watching that part of the digimon movie.

I wish we could go back to the simpler days when it was the worst part of the Adventure series, but now we have Tri Part 4. That movie was a fucking mess. Haven't even been able to bring myself to finish part 5.

And yeah, they did call them digi-eggs in the dub for some reason.

I unironically think Frontier is the best

I need to give it another shot. Digimon switched channels and timeslots between Tamers and Frontier so I didn't catch it at the beginning and never really could get into it. Not a fan of how they don't have partner Digimon.

We look to the past
as we head for the future
to reclaim the Digital World.
*Weird native American instrument plays*
With faith in ourselves
and trust in each other
we live by the lessons we've learned.
As we work towards one solution
through a Spirit Evolution.
Ha-ya-moo-ah! Huh!
Ha-ya-moo-ah!
Digimon
Forever united as one
Digimon
Together the battles are won
Digimon
Through us let your spirit evolve.
If we're all for one world
there's a world for us all.
If we're all for one world
there's a world
for us all.
Digimon!

please no dub shit

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I didn't like.

I liked the part where KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon constantly got their asses kicked by LordKnightmon and Dynasmon, who would later go on to be considered part of the Three Legendary Jobbers of the Royal Knights.

A good amount of the posts above talk about the dub go away
I can post what I want as long as it's anime related

purge dub shits
youtu.be/PLMJAdGEfs4

According to the dude who designed Jesmon, "JES" is actually an acronym. He doesn't want to reveal what it means.

It should be noted, though, that in Japan, "Jesus" is pronounced "Iesu", while the "Jes" in Jesmon is "Jiesu".

The lack of Takeru ad patamon in that image disturbs me,

Takeru is easily the least interesting character in the cast anyway, so I don't mind that much.

I'm surprised there is a Digimon thread after the Tri hype has died down. I thought the threads would be dead until summer 2018.

>the face of cock withdrawal
Gayest season to date. Don't think will ever get anything close to out fag it.

And here's the face of Onii-chan withdrawal

So when Taichi really dies she's going to cause the apocalypse ending all life in the universe as we know it because a world without onii-chan isn't worth existing? You know Hikari would make an interesting antagonist with that as a motivation for her.

Yeah, it was , but it had some neat concepts and design choices

Dude, this has become my waifu.

>Tamers mons were brutally murdered back in the Digital World
Guilmon's a special smowflake he'll never get killed in the digital world unless yggdrasil himself intervened.