Why is it so hard to get into anime again?

Why is it so hard to get into anime again?
I used to keep up with the season but now that's litearlly impossible for me, I don't know if I lost my attention span or something but I have no drive watch anime anymore. Almost 99% of the time it feels like I'm wasting my time doing something I don't enjoy. (even though the only thing I do in my spare time is listening to music and browsing 4ch)

I miss the times when everything felt so fresh, whenever I went into a series it would feel like a new box of opportunities for unique characters and stories that would stay with me, but those days are long gone.

I also just can't have fun with seasonal shit anymore, they all look the same to me. When will they start making unique anime again? I don't even care if they turn out shit, I just want to see something different ffs

I'm in the same position, OP. The only shows I've watched in the last six, maybe seven years or so are made in abyss, madoka, and Another. This is after being a huge weaboo for a decade.

Abyss got my interest in anime up again, so I went on myanimelist and surfed it for hours trying to find anything I might like. Found about fifteen shows that seemed interesting.

I've been watching the first few episodes of each of them, getting restless, and dropping them. Some of them are good, but everything just feels stale and predictable. I'm not attracted to high school girls (or boys), so as soon as needless sex appeal teens show up I get bored. But even shows that don't pander and try to show character depth, like durara, are just... I dunno. Kinda flat.

I just started rewatching old 70s-90s stuff. I wanted something new, but Record of Lodoss war is holding my attention way better than anything that could be remotely considered modern. That said, I am following Children of Whales.

Time to checkout normie

>normie
Fuck off back to facebook.

>xD I watch anime so im not a ''''''normie''''

Kill yourself normalfag.

Cool blog faggot.

+1
where can i subscribe?

It felt unique because the younger people are the emptier their heads are, and they feel surprised with new content being inserted. You're not your young self anymore. Also, think that anime is fairly new and it is being improved each year. Now you need to learn to enjoy anime not for your own feels -egocentrical- but for the goodness and the blessing that anime itself is now.

Rejoice, because we can be surrounded by cute new 2D moe girls each 3 months. The waifu age has begun, and it will last forever!

>why is it so hard to watch japanese cartoons guys? they all look boring now

Read the manga.

It's called hitting puberty user. Go outside.

Watch older anime/read older manga? The newer ones are just seasonal cgdct/sol shit so there's no reason to actually watch them except for the occasional gem.

I don't usually watch seasonal anime anymore. I have a backlog to get through and if anything feels like it's getting nowhere I drop it. Sure, some people in Sup Forums may make fun of me for it, but life's too short to waste watching shit I don't like so I can fit better in an anonymous imageboard

I also have other hobbies and responsibilities now compared to when I started watching anime, so not as much chinese cartoon time now

Just curious, how old are you?

I'm only 19 but my mind is older and when the things get for real my warm heart turns cold.

Watch Seinen anime

Fuck off child.

very well said and inspiring

Hands down, I will give you the advice that helped me:

-read more manga
-give /m/ stuff like toku and sentai a chance
-go to Sup Forums

And drop anime to 1%. I couldn't give a shit anymore of what anime is airing every season.

>go to Sup Forums

Not OP but funnily enough I dropped anime after hitting puberty just to pick it up again in Senior High / College