Black panther soars past 1 billion: opens to a solid $66.5 million in China

google.ca/amp/variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-china-box-office-1202723579/amp/
>Underlining its global power, Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” has opened solidly in China with $66.5 million in its first three days.

>The opening weekend made China the largest international territory for “Black Panther,” as it leaped past the U.K. at $55.8 million, South Korea at $42.8 million and Brazil at $29.6 million. “Black Panther” is also the first major Hollywood title to release since Chinese New Year in February and the end of the unofficial blackout period during which local films are given distribution priority.

>“Black Panther” took in 53% market share in China and represented the fourth highest opening of a Marvel Cinematic Universe title. It launched 16% ahead of Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” and is the biggest opening of a Western title in China in 2018 to date.

>With $562 million domestically, “Black Panther” has a worldwide box office total of $1.078 billion.

Attached: sketch-1520797500366.png (1347x1080, 999K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2017b.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good, ethnocentrism, nationalism, and isolationism are becoming popular thanks to it.

Muh dick Panther

This. Too bad triggered poltards would rather whine and pretend China doesn't love it

Attached: WAKANDA.webm (720x320, 2.76M)

checked

also kek

Pretty cool

>Suicidal over cape shit making money
Nice meme

Attached: Asian George.jpg (380x380, 33K)

i dont think thats accurate OP. anything that would be even 20 mil would probably be mentioned. your math doesnt add up

im pretty sure this is just disney trying to pad its figures by lying to investors so it can try to sell itself to india like microsoft and pepsi or some random rich guy like apple. people with a ton of stock who are in the company want to dump it but they dont want to do it while they work there and would get bitched out if they did it while it was still a american company. bill gates was almost forced to not cash out his stocks for a decade after he quit being ceo

#1 Comedy in China.

Keep telling yourself this

Worshipping movies.
Get a fucking life.

this

maybe the blacks are, they wish they had a WaKANGda

>uses meme flag
>posts canadian article
no whites left up north it appears

beautiful

Attached: t challa.jpg (391x479, 122K)

>tfw when the entirety of your culture needs to rely on a science fiction comic book based movie that was created by a person that wasnt even from your culture

The only necessary response in this thread. The rest of you need to grow up. I bet the average age in here is 15.

love that smug black panther pepe.

fuck nigger tho

WTF I want to see the movie now

read and laugh

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2017b.htm

take into account that more than half the tickets were comp tickets

compared to lord of the rings its pitiful

Attached: canvas.png (550x300, 19K)

>be futuristic super power state
>technological power house
>use war rhinos instead technology

Its pretty mediocre capeshit. Hopefully this virtue signalling wave will get funding for a proper Spawn movie.

Attached: african math.jpg (557x582, 33K)

I love it too

ALL OF THAT IS SOROS BUYING TICKETS AND HANDING THEM OUT IN THE GHETTO TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE WHITES ARE THAT IN TO NIGGERDOM.
Sage / Thread.

Attached: Betty Boom Boom..jpg (369x500, 42K)

Its about being traditionalists. Its tradition.

Shock
>OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahaha
>ALL BLACK MOVIE IN CHINA HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAH
>*gives it one star on IMDb
Denial*
>Well, it's "doing good" at the box office but when you take into account advertising (which costs A LOT lol) and other expenses it's not doing well at all. When you think about it it's not making enough profit to break even. A good chunk of the money's from fundraising for the premiere. Also it's not gonna do well in Asian markets anyway :)
>Disney bought tickets to boost sells. Look at these screenshots of the box office numbers. See? Clear proof.
>Blacks think watching a Disney movie makes them KANGZ. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. WE...
Anger
>(you)r wh*Te ass is on fire
>I-if if if if if i-f (((they))) made this movie with all white actors libcucks w-would be raging. FUCK NIGGERS. FUCK JEWS FOR PUSHING OUT THIS PROPAGANDA. HOW C-COME WE DON'T GET AN ALL WHITE MOVIE? WHY?! WHY?!! WHY?!! WHAT THE FUCK?!! I HATE FUCKING NIGGERS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>I'M NOT TRIGGERED. LOOK AT MY SCREENSHOTS. D-DISNEY *licks own snot* BOUGHT TICKETS!!
Bargaining
>ITT: we post totally real stories from watching Black Panther in the theater
>I'll start: I got shot, the smell, 0/10. Wouldn't recommend it. It's gonna fail in the Asian market to be honest.
>No way it's gonna reach 1 billion. No way.
Depression
>tfw no nazi gf
>tfw no Holocaust
>I want to die, bros
>this is wh*Te genocide
Acceptance
>*BANG*

Don't expect g*rmans to appreciate tradition

You really typed all that out. Damn what a fuckin loser

Very accurate

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING BROS

Attached: 1503663967759.png (593x635, 260K)

will Sup Forums ever recover??

They're still larping as people in the denial phase, as you can see above

I love that people actually believe the stats and what theyre told- today I looked in the 'Ad Settings' of my stupid Facebook account I am forced to have so that I can have a page for my business and they had these 'Interests' marked (as if I did them myself) aside from 'black panther' there was also 'Pitch Perfect' R&B, African American Arts, Rap Music, Disco and other random shit that I have NOOOOOOO interest in. They link this shit to your social media sites and fake their stats. Go take a look

Is that really black panther? That cgi looks like it's from 2007.

>Hahaha based China would never watch a movie with stinky niggers in it
How many white betas shot themselves in the head after seeing how well it did in Asia?

chinese must think america is 50% black, i don't think they even care it's like i think all chinks eat dog and are tiny.

Maybe you should stop reeeing about blacks all day long

>Implying it isn't