Do Western dub companies even care about the medium?

Do Western dub companies even care about the medium?
>Download obscure early 90s anime as it got a limited VHS run
>"No! You gotta wait for people like US to dub it! This is stealing, full stop!"

Funimation is particularly bad, but the voice actor's strike really put the nail in the coffin for me.
>"#perfomance matters! We're as valid as any other actors! Pay raise NOW!"
>The same 8~ Western VAs a slight payrise after almost a year of campaigning and almost lost their jobs in the process as well as putting other people they work with at serious risk
>Take to social media to proclaim "victory for the anime industry"
>Yes, the entire industry

Nobody gives a shit about what normalfags thinks.

>Do Western dub companies even care about the medium?
Sorta.

On the one hand the are huge bidding wars in the West to attain rights to shows.
On the other hand, Western fans never pay for anything.

Not sure who you're mad about here, OP.

He should be mad at himself for making a shit thread.

To be fair if I could only do one generic voice like caitilin glass I got hired for it everytime I would milk the industry until it collapses too

Been holding onto this thought for a few days now.
>Anime/Manga is Nipland exclusive
>The author might not have enough money to simply hire professional translators and release it in the west, let alone officially publish it
>Passionate fans take said anime/manga and try and spread it around so word of mouth catches on
>Interest might gradually increase
>It might catch the attention of fan translators that legitimately want to do a solid job
>But, say only a few people have access to the actual source, so they essentially have to pass it around for free just so people grow aware of its existence
>Some anime/manga for example are so obscure they might as well not even exist
>These people legitimately think that companies should be the only ones that should translate and distribute it, even though there's always a strong possibility that the IP is never picked up
It just kinda upsets me because I know it's only based on greed.

Funny that earlier I read a post that Sup Forums still isn't like Sup Forums making threads with Twitter screencaps of literally nobodies.

>posting facebook images
Please defenestrate yourself out of the tallest building in your vicinity.

>watching dubs
>ever

What is even the point you are trying to convey here?

Are you implying the Japanese production committees care? Western, Eastern, money is the bottom line

geass, fma, ergo proxy all had dubs I liked quite a bit. there are a few others.

then theres things like the dub of dragonmaid i found when looking for the new OVA last week. hideous.

So some are ok, but it can be a mixed bag.

Space Dandy has one of the best anime dubs, where some scenes are legitimately better in dub than sub.

Stop posting the same fucking shit hundreds of times over in completely unrelated threads, you fucking furfag.

People who want to get rich are mad that people don't hand them money. Figures.

It's not like a greedy society with no empathy towards their own people will last long anyway.

>Someone in the industry is a cunt
Shit. Stop the presses.
On the one hand it's the legal right of companies to act like this. On the other, they really shouldn't play the victim when people who would've been customers pirate out of an inability to even be customers.

No need to get so heated.

I don't know why some people even bring up the geass dub when the original was far superior, especially Lelouch. Do you fags watch dubs first or some shit?

Also who gives a fuck about dubs?

Only if you're an american. It sounds weird and unpleasant if you're conscious of the american accents in the dub.

Depends on the episode. The only episode that I'd say is objectively worse is the musical episode.

most western anime dubs barely count as acting

I like Berserk but I'm not paying $400 to read it

Copyrights are a scam - they're government subsidies for publishing houses. They try to monetize thought and strangle creativity for the enrichment of the few.

Switch to an automatic royalty system already.

>Youtube before all the copyright shit
I miss those days

You already have your Facebook containment board, Sup Forumsermin.

Both parties are right: it is still piracy and wrong, but who the fuck (outside the industry) cares. If you really want to watch it no one is actually stopping you.

>stealing
No, its copying.

>IT'S STEALING
>you are stealing the money I MIGHT have earned IF a company decides to license this particular series THEN hire me to voice it AND THEN you decide to buy the translated show
Wow, flawless logic. Can I, at this moment, accuse someone for stealing a car I will maybe buy in 10 years? Gib moni plz.

intellectual property is a jewish scam. illegal possession of an idea = thoughtcrime.

It's always American dub "actors"

You don't see this shit elsewhere because actual industries exist.

>It's always American dub "actors"
Just the shitty ones. You don't see people like Hank Azaria doing this shit because he's paid an assload. But he also started from the show's beginning and was probably paid extremely poorly for quite some time.

She wouldn't have a career if people outside Japan didn't start spreading its media around

It's almost like jews are a problem and something should be done to get rid of them, a pity no one ever tried.

Yu Yu and Rurouni Kenshin also Digimon at least tamers

It's just not comparable

EU actors and translators are proud and a lot of times directly connected with Japan.
Americans are just amateur ones wanting to go bigger and leave anime and vidya behind.

Not even a dubfag,but the difference is enormous.