What makes a successful LN? What are the three most important things to write a successful LN?

What makes a successful LN? What are the three most important things to write a successful LN?

Cute girls on the cover

A good hook to actually get you to read the fucking thing.
A good protagonist whose adventures you actually want to read.
A good intro chapter so that you don't drop it before it even started.
A good plot so that you actually get invested and want to read more.
A good flow so that you don't get bored halfway by needless filler and padding.
And finally a loli cute character and a mature waifu character to pander to 80% of the weeb audience.

Knowing your audience and pandering to it

Shameless pandering to people you know will buy it no matter what.
Also bad writing.

Shameless writing and pandering huh? I think I can do that. Wish me luck. I'm going to try and make it as a light novel author.

Marketing.

Hot art.

A different kind of autism, see Kamachi and Kawakami.

>LN
>good
No such thing

good thing OP also never considered this possibility

Cute girls
Chuuni shit.
Stupid drama that only MC can solve.

OP said "successful" not "good"
This is the right answer.

Kamachi is overrated.
>muh defeating super power with common cheap trick
>muh Hollywood eaque battle

the girls

>longest prologue

>What are the three most important things to write a successful LN?
Having family member in publishing company so they will shill your shit everywhere, decent artist to make lewds, and .

Kawakami isn't simple autism, it's TurboAutism+

Is saicome good? The summary sounds kind of bland.

I meant saikome or psycome

Illustrator that can draw cute cover girls
Catchy long title
Something new that can hook people in, you guys can shit on infinite shit and sword fart online now but back in their heyday, you can say that they started the battle harem and stuck in the videogame/isekai rpg shit.
Even Haruhi was the pioneer for the club thing.

I read it before yen press got their hands on it, but I don't remember much about it anymore. I personally didn't mind reading it though I wouldn't call it good.

What do you mean by successful? Popularity and sales like sao and shakugan no shana (or) critical acclaimed and beloved like iriya no sora (or) both like haruhi suzumiya

>I don't remember much about it anymore
Sounds like it's not worth reading then

>loli
>imotou
>that needs protecting
In that order

>incorrectly using weeb
Fuck off, newfag.

>It has to be good to become readable
You'd think most of Sup Forums prioritize quality over the fun value, huh?

Attractive female designs

Romantic hijinx that ultimately lead to nothing but give nip readers a desperate hope the girl they like is getting attention and development

An MC the average nip teen can self insert into to escape the shitty day to day life of Japanese society

#3 is unnecessary if #1 and #2 are done well enough

Yes. The only good things it seem to have are the delicious girls in there. Seems to be the common way to go if you want to easily hook someone into reading toilet paper.

What is even quality? Why can't fun value be an aspect of quality?

A good LN implies that there is a good writer responsible. However, a good writer wouldn't write LNs. Therefore there aren't any good LNs.

Story can be non-logical, thus low quality. But if it manages to give us a great ride, it's fun. So for me they are different things.

If it manages to be fun ride and if i value the fun then it's high quality, if the illogical story gets in the way of fun then it's low quality aspect of work. If the illogical story aids the fun aspect then it contributes for the quality. If it manages to be fun, if i don't want fun and looking for other 'need' then fun value is either high quality or low quality or nothing depending on how it interacts with my 'need' aspects. I guess things are as simple as you with me

Let's see how much I remember about it.

MC is this super strong guy, gets challenged to a lot of fights and wins then all. The 'reform' school he was sent to wasn't to return them to normal society, but to groom them for the underworld.
There's 2 love interests, 1 extra, and brocon imouto.
Gas Mask is an engineered super soldier that associates everything with killing, but perfectly normal when she's wearing the mask.MC was framed because the school valued his strength. MC was challenged to a fight, won, and then left. Then Gas Mask showed up and killed the people he left alive. End of the first volume has MC and Gas Mask fight. He defuses her urge to kill him with love, she is unable to kill him unless he accepts her. Still perfectly fine with going on a rampage against anything else though.
Redhead tsundere comes from a prestigious assassin family. She failed her first job, couldn't bring herself to kill the target and got sent to the school. I think her family had some link to Gas Mask, but I don't remember the details.
Dojikko loli, makes a lot of mistakes which has lethal consequences to everyone around her. Imouto is completely unstable without her oniichan. She brought a gun to school, completely intent on killing everyone so she could be sent to the reform school but couldn't do anything due to weapon problems.
MC was allowed to return to normal society under a certain condition, I think he had to make it through 3 years without him or his group killing anyone.

I wouldn't mind finishing it actually, but with 6 volumes it's definitely a terrible, unresolved open end.

Cute girls, a good protagonist, and CLIFFHANGERS. Every book should have at least one BIG TWIST that keeps everyone reading to the end.

No one is talking about good LNs though, thread's about successful ones.