Live Action Mob Psycho

Live Action Mob Psycho was just announced, and guess who is going to be involved in it?

That's right, Netflix.

Have they learned nothing from Death Note?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-16/one-mob-psycho-100-manga-gets-live-action-drama-in-january/.122818
twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/920159236918730758
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Currently marathoning it thanks to the troll sakuga thread from the other day. Is S2 confirmed yet?

Mob Dindu 100

Netflix offers full creative control to the writer and directo, the only thing they do is give money

Doesn't it go against their american users?
>you aren't a special snowflake
>everyone is the same
>just put effort in what you do

Great, now instead of Mob Psycho we'll get Mobb Deep.

Place your bets for which characters will be black. I bet Reigen.

they changed light into a school shoter, they'll do something about it

The actors are gonna be Japanese.

it's made by japanese people, for netflix japan
it's gonna be all right

Source for anyone who's interested:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-16/one-mob-psycho-100-manga-gets-live-action-drama-in-january/.122818

reigen will be white if you just look at how he makes money
mob will be the nigger since he's the left out kid

The anime staff expressed their interest in further working on Mob Psycho, but season 2 is yet to be announced.

Thank god.

I was fully expecting an adopted Mob from the inner city who has powers because of his melanin.

Japan cant act a shit and they cant direct live action a shit. The Death Note live action eng was miles better than the nip one besides "being closer to the original". As a stand alone film though, the japanese one is garbage.

Unlike Death Note, Mob Psycho might actually work as western live action

I'd rather have a shitty forgetable Japadaptation than Mob Diversity 100, even if the production values are higher. At least the Japs are true to the source.

So you wanna tell me when black people get too emotional they completely chimp out? Seems like a match made in heaven.

of course not
they'll change the core values of the story while keeping some shallow aspects
Mob getting the girl in an american live action, as well as dropping his pacifism would probably the first things they'd change. They would make him an escapist fantasy for nerds instead of a slap in the face for people who want to be special.

Mob is going to be black.

All the bad guys are white. One of them is a school shooter.

Id rather have neither, and get more animation, but praising something with wooden ""acting"" and 80s tier sound/direction design as better than Magic School bus of colors just because its 'closer to the material' is retarded. Just reeatch the anime.

>American Mob Psycho

I'd rather have no live action either user, what I'm saying is that I'm just glad the live action we're getting isn't some butchered Benneton catalog meme diversity bullshit.

Forgetable > abomination

It's not american you idiots, stop freaking out

So who you thin will Netflix turn into a nigger?
Reigen, given that he is a shifty scammer?

>American Mob Psycho
>not posting a picture of Patrick Bateman

twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/920159236918730758 Two more news is still ahead of us.

>Live Action
And people try to deny that this is normie pandering

This is for Netflix Japan... Not sure why people are bringing up diversity here. Being directed by Koichi Sakamoto who can do good action scenes.

Why? This show was carried by its cool visuals live action can't replicate that

We got some news of more Mob Psycho coming from BONES a few weeks ago, but no season 2 confirmed yet

Tsubomi. Who else?

Season 2 and the end of the manga probably.

You know Shigeo's "I shouldn't use psychic powers on people" act came to an end very quickly. I thought he at least was going to prevent himself from being choked to death. What was the moral? Die? Nice writing guys.

>everyone is the same
Since when has this been a theme of MP? The whole dynamic between Mob and his brother is that he's a natural at everything, whereas Mob's only talent is having OP psychic powers.

It's the live action anime. Notice they said "project" instead of new season/season 2.

>ONE is a bad writer
In other news, water is wet.

You should have mentioned it was J-Drama first OP

The only good live action adaptation was Phoenix Wright.

>What was the moral? Die? Nice writing guys.

The writing is too intelligent for you.

>What was the moral? Die?
Not every single thing Mob does is portrayed as the right thing to do, as he's not a beacon of moral and virtue but just a middleschooler who's still learning how to deal with himself and his powers. His refusing to use psychic powers on people in any situation (despite Reigen making it clear that acting in self defense was okay) made sense considering how scared he had been to hurt others ever since the incident that happened with his brother. As a matter of fact he'll learn later to use them when necessary.

Yeah its not like writing was practically all he had

Yeah, I'm sure people only read the OPM webcomic and the Mob manga for the art.

death note was already in development by the time netflix picked it up. and unlike death note mob psycho is a fairly universal story to adapt.

>i-it's gonna be a second season I SWEAR!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAH
S2fags BTFO.
Now it's just a shitty live action fuckfest.
Congrats

People read/watch One Piece, DBZ super and they have shit art and shit writing.
Really tingles your coconut

Two more news, faggot.
twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/920159236918730758

>DBZ super
what did he mean by this?

Pachinko and and some shitty game
If they are planning to make season 2, they would have said it already instead of saying "new project"

Ignore him.

He's literally a redditor.

>Season 2 will be announced, y-you will see
Can't wait to laugh even harder when it's gonna be just a shitty mobile game and an ova

>reddit spacing
>calls others redditors

>One Piece
>shit art
>calling DBS DBZ super
You're even more retarded than I initially thought.

Are you implying I watch/read DBZ shit so I have to know the correct title?
Sorry, Pedro but I don't watch/read shit.

what do you have against a good series getting another season?

>hasn't seen DBZ
>on Sup Forums
newfag no newfagging

>good series
ABSOLUTE KEK

Absolutely nothing.
I like both MP100 and OPM.
But I just like to laugh when hopes get crushed

you do you sadomasochist kun

How the fuck do they even plan on doing this, half the gags are on the art style

So you admit you don't actually know a thing about DB. How can you know it's shit, then?

This. I don't know why people are expecting season 2 when the anime flopped hard.
90% of anime profits comes from merchandising and because of Mob Psycho's bland character designs, it's not marketable at all.
People need money to eat, they ain't working for free. The only reason why this live action happened is because netflix is the one paying.

Yeah thanks for explaining what we already knew. Protagonist didn't realize that being choked to death by a lunatic is when you could use your psychic powers and it was the perfect opportunity to develop his character. Instead he died. Then what is the moral here? Oh, it's dogshit writing.

so phase 2 of franchise milking then, shitty games and live action shit

But we already got the mobile game, so it would be redundant. I wouldn't mind Mogami and separation OVAs, though.

Are you retarded? Shit is so popular it probably aired on every country so I caught a few episodes of it years ago.

He's a muratafag, leave him alone.

If you already knew why are you being such a dense motherfucker about it? I already explained that Mob was terrified of hurting others at that point and he clearly didn't care enough about himself to make an exception to the rules he set up for himself. It literally took hurting someone he actually cared about (his brother) to snap him out of that phase in ep 8. The only thing dogshit here is your understanding of the character, holy shit.

>the anime flopped hard
>this meme again
4.7k average is not "flopping hard". It's mediocre at worst.

You literally said you don't watch/read it, are you sure you're not the one who's retarded?

That's a flop. Medriocre sales for a series with no future in merchandising profits is really bad. Why waste their time on producing anime with low profits when they can probably produce a low effort YAOI shit that will get them more profits?
Season 2 is not gonna happen, just accept it.

Time to put away your fanboy blinders. Shigeo dies. He's magically resurrected. Turns into a superhero to protect his brother while simultaneously realizing it's suddenly OK to use psychic powers against people. Where is his development? Where is it? It's not there because the entire potential to develop his character was completely fucking wasted when he died. He didn't realize he had to save himself from a crazy egotistical fucktard instead all sorts of supernatural phenomena occurred and it's suddenly fine to use them. What is this story if not shit writing.

>Protagonist didn't realize that being choked to death by a lunatic is when you could use your psychic powers

He only protected himself when they were using psychic powers. He stopped when Teruki stopped using psychic powers.

It went past the Manabi Line though.

It's almost like humans aren't always hyper-rational robots, or something. His actions are completely in line with his experiences as a character, and as user mentioned, he revises his stance as the series goes on. If you call that bad writing, I'd love to see what you consider good writing.

>it was the perfect opportunity to develop his character

Wait, you want him to use his psychic powers on a human and have him prove Teruki right that he should lord it over people with his powers?

Rather than have him develop slowly and surely that there's more to him that his powers?

Who am I talking to, Rikka from Chuunibyou?

It's kinda funny how people don't even read the informative links and just comment on bait thread titles. And sometimes not even that.

>Shigeo dies. He's magically resurrected.
>psychic powers are magic

Retarded point no. 1.

>Turns into a superhero to protect his brother while simultaneously realizing it's suddenly OK to use psychic powers against people.

Retarded point no. 2. The knife metaphor Reigen used is not "Never use powers ever" it's "Use knives/powers responsibly."

That literally went over your head.

>Where is his development? Where is it?

You're too dumb to understand it. Watch Rick and Morty instead.

But why

>Thank god.

Oh yeah, because Japanese actors saved this live-action adaptation.

How is a fact, bait title?
Is is the level of MP100fags intelligence?

Because making live action adaptations is actually cheaper and also easier to make it more mainstream for the normal Japanese audience.

I hope you're not some little kid who thought that this was being made for westerners.

He didn't "turn into a superhero", he went against his principles to save his bro because his family is one of the things he cares about the most. Why are you too dense to understand that back when he was up against Teru he was too caught up in his own problems to realize that defending himself was the better option and that he paid for that mistake by destroying every around him (yet again) and ended up hating himself a bit more for it (100% sadness)?
Also why are you so hung up on the idea that he fucking died? For all we know he could've just passed out.

>It's not there because the entire potential to develop his character was completely fucking wasted
>on episode 5
>there are multiple more episodes after

You want the series to end on episode 5? You must be trolling.

How in fuck's name is it proving anyone right? The kid was right in his thinking. He didn't want to hurt people, he was struggling to be normal. We understand and could relate to these things. But if the protagonist isn't coming to a conclusion himself when he's in a life or death situation and instead supernatural phenomena is making decisions for him, then it shouldn't surprise you that some of us are left wondering what the hell is going on.

>How in fuck's name is it proving anyone right?

Did you miss the part where Teruki was pushing Mob to use his powers to prove him wrong about his statement that without their powers, they'd both be losers?

Or did you check out while watching that episode and you're writing fanfiction now?

>But if the protagonist isn't coming to a conclusion himself when he's in a life or death situation

He literally just passed out from Teruki choking him the only reason Teruki even got to choke him was because he lowered his guard down when Teruki wasn't using his powers.

It's literally just a slap fight at that point.

>a life or death situation
>someone who has never trained his whole life except use psychic powers
>posing a threat to another guy who's weak at sports

Pfffft.

Mob will be mexican, and they will turn the whole series into a metaphor for immigration or something.
Also, teruki's going to be the black one.

>He didn't want to hurt people, he was struggling to be normal.

He also almost killed his brother and some gangsters when he went unconscious, making him hate using his powers.

But you're a retard so you didn't put two and two together.

The only reason Teruki got to choke Mob is because Teruki didn't use his psychic powers to attack at that time.

He was shook by what Mob said about the both of them being shit tier without their powers that he didn't use his powers to get close to Mob.

It wasn't a life or death situation but a situation where they were battling against ideologies.

It could be good but chances are they will hire niggers to play mob

>there are people who think that Reigen is not a piece of shit the didn't deserve to get shit on the Reigen arc
Really says a lot about the fans desu.

Let me huehuejaja at you for your witty comment, as befits your nationality.

How does one overcome itself when they die? He got choked to death, he didn't defend himself the only way he could. Then suddenly supernatural phenomena exploded out of his body and thereon it's "Muh godly powers are moving on their own" level of writing. None of this shit is even cleverly put together. So what's the moral? Die? Get the fuck out of here you dipshits. His character didn't develop one bit out of this exchange with Hanazawa.

He passed out dude, he didnt die. If he hadnt passed out and got to 100% which is an analogy or metaphor for losing your shit then he would have used his powers on Teru. Sadly, Mobs fear and self hate of his own powers put a mental block on him where he cant and doesnt want to use his powers on other people even in self defense with the fear of not being able accurately control them. Which then ends up only hurting more people. Its irrational, but thats how humans are. What Mob deals with in the early stages of the story is akin to an mental illness.
Only after the talk with Reigen the next episode and losing one of his family members is he forced to realize its okay to use them to do the right thing.

Never seen the really big and strong but shy kids getting bullied in school? Even though they would be perfectly fine to defend themself? Low self confidence and self hate can be crippling.

>How does one overcome itself when they die?

He didn't die though, he was having a slap fight with another psychic who was also holding back his powers because he told him he's shit without them.

Are you retarded?

Him falling unconscious works the same. Someone is choking you to death.

>He got choked to death,

He clearly passed out because he wouldn't use his powers seriously then only when he passed out did his powers come a life of their own.

No it doesn't, you fucking moron. They were both holding back because they weren't using their powers. Because they both know they were shit without them.

Are you telling me Hanazawa was just pretending to be murdering him?

>Someone is choking you to death.
Mob only uses his powers on ghosts. On humans, he only uses them when his brother or family is being threatened. Self-defense is actually a distant third in his priorities of using his powers against humans.

Hanazawa wasn't using his powers and Mob was trying to stop him using his own physical strength the same way Hanazawa was using his own physical strength. That's why Mob lowered his guard in the first place.

>Then what is the moral here?
It's not a fucking fable.