What are your opinions on hellsing ultimate?

What are your opinions on hellsing ultimate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t4_VlHvg-nA
youtu.be/r1tC5DyhNJo?t=15m54s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like it, except for a few specific oddities thrown in for basically no reason as far as I can tell, like seras never bothering to re-grow her arm and just keeping the edge arm at all times.

I always assumed it was just because it was cut off before she embraced her vampirism. Her eyes regrew as pure vampire eyes(hence the glowing red rather than her default blue), but the arm was gone and, since she had her edge arm as a replacement, she didn't need her human arm back.

It just struck me as something that would be awkward in everyday life.

but hellsing is all about crazy bullshit anyways so who cares.

I've never seen it but I loved the original as a teen.

>everyday life
what? The edge arm flames seem to be entirely controlled by her. They don't cut shit unless they want to.

And I can't imagine Seras leaves Integra's side very often...I don't even think she does missions anymore.

really? if anything she'd be doing missions in Alucrad's stead because he's taking a 30 year nap.

Fun.
I liked the werewolf guy.
Shame The Dawn was dropped.

Captain was cool.

IIRC in episode 1 they implied the number of attacks were going up at a strange rate, which had to do with Millenium. With said group being destroyed utterly, I can't imagine there's a huge purpose for them anymore. Also with Heinkel and Yumi still alive and active, the vatican still has the forces to do missions worldwide.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the final scene(right before alucard returns) implies that the vatican thinks that the 30 years have dulled the might of the Hellsing organization.

HS Ultimate is more like manga because original Hellsing series was made while manga still running so for my, HS ultimate is way better + better animation

Yumie got Walter'd. Heinkel became Anderson 2.0 though.

>Yumie got Walter'd
oh fuck, that's right. I completely forgot.

Yumie was hexmaniac before hexmaniac

rubbish, not even close to the original

>Also with Heinkel and Yumi still alive and active
>Yumi still alive

wat?

A vampire is still a safer bet to go deal with a monster than human soldiers, remember what Alucard's job was before the whole millenium thing flared up.

as for the hellsing orgasnizations power, Dracula was frankly a monstrous ace up the sleeve, but the same guys talk about how the vatican's forces still haven't recovered from the failed crusade, and then at the very end Alucard wakes up, having traded in his three million strong undead army for Schrodinger's bullshit power.

at the same time integra herself was talking about how she's setting up the organization to be government run after she passes

Huh, when?

What are your thoughts on the abridged series?

youtube.com/watch?v=t4_VlHvg-nA

funny but it's a yearly affair with another two years to go so... maybe someone can discuss it when it's done in 2019.

youtu.be/r1tC5DyhNJo?t=15m54s

DEJA VU, I'VE JUST SLICED YOU IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

They even respected hirano's pacing

and despite the jokes and different take on alucard, they still nailed every single character...even alucard himself is just a different approach to his sense of detachment from humanity, going for a deadpool approach rather than a force.

Really, aside from a couple jokes that run on way too long, I'd say HUA stands on its own next to the sub and dub(which I consider equal on their own)

>Read the letter or I shoot the other testicle.
>Now excuse me while I blow this stupid Ginger's brains out
I lost it. Best part of the abridge series.

i like it but christ a whole fucking year is too much

I couldn't get into it for some reason. I liked the first run of Hellsing way back when but watching Ultimate a few months ago, it didn't feel very good.

The series had a bit more substance but lacked style. I honestly liked it more than Ultimate tho.

>"Not a scream, or a single slash, I've nothing left, and my will tumbles to it's end."
Rip second best girl.

First one is loli Alucard.

Maybe. Everyone loves Ultimate though but to me the whole Nazi arc kept dragging and felt like complete clusterfuck. I feel like I'm missing something.

the entire series was the Major's elaborate plan to take down Alucard, all of it.

One of the best adaptations.

> complete clusterfuck
It isn't like Incognito arc was coherent.

I really like their version of Alucard. Also Anderson.

>You will never purge Protestant Fuckbuckets

dont like it

Its ok

Its not a masterpiece and its in no way bad. Its basic fun edgy violence, with some rather weird attempts at "humor" at certain times.

It feels a bit short, but it probably ends just at the right time, since I don't really see where it can go from where it ended.

I enjoy the abridged series, the fact that its once a year at least allows them to keep the quality.

I did not saw the anime, but the manga was pure nonsense, I felt like I was reading a doujinshi.

>the part where the Jews refuse to help
Its the most consistently funny thing TFS puts out.

It´s Drifters without plot, strategy, good character designs or likeable character. Only good thing was seras victoria. and the romance execution was lame

Hey, I just met you and this is crazy but I love you so fuck me maybe?

Better that first anime

hellsing is dumb

Even some characters were born in doujinshi.
It's basically a glorified doujinshi, for good.

Rip Van Winkle is the best!

She really Was, even if her power made little sense

It had good animation and despite the eh plot, it was still fun to watch for some glorified violence and neat fight scenes. It was a lot of spectacle and flare over substance, but that's fine because I didn't expect much else from it. It was edgy, but in the right ways to make it still enjoyable. Good voice work all around in the Jap version and the sub isn't half bad, though the German accents were hilarious.

Spawned a decent abridged series that surpasses the original in some ways and does humor better than the original most of the time. T4S actually does a good job, but that's probably because they have a full year for quality control.

>sub isn't half bad
Meant to say dub, fuck me.

if it had the TV series' soundtrack it would be the perfect anime

Individual episodes tend to drag on to long, without enough meat to maintain interest.

Nah, the Ultimate OST was at least as good as the TV version.

Kind of funny how the only good song on Ultimate OST is named Dog Shit

I still to this day don't know how the following things happened.

1) Why was Anderson of all people holding the nail of Christ?
2) Why was Alucard a girl?
3) Why does Dracula have a sword and why did he not stay in that form permanantly?
4) Are any of the powers explained like how they got them?
5) Why doesnt Seras regrow her arm, she becomes a vampire right?
6) I don't get how Alucard becomes nothing and everything , can someone explain?

If you were a shapeshifter, why wouldn't you be a girl?

Anderson got the nail from the vatican with the intent of fighting Alucard monster to monster.

Alucard swallowed that faggot shrodinger and inherited his ability in that moment.

Great, but its too bad it didn't have the 10/10 OST that the TV series had.

He was an agent for the holy see, why wouldn't he have access to relics?
He can be whatever the fuck he wants to be
Because guns>swords
What powers?
No idea
Brainlet

Seras is a dumb fucking bitch desu

Nazi got powers from reverse engineering Alucard blood, Alucard from being vampire and Church from Holy Relics. Schroedinger is... I dunno.

>>
>1) Why was Anderson of all people holding the nail of Christ?
he worked directly for the vatican, and 'borrowed' the nail in case he couldn't beat alucard on his own
>2) Why was Alucard a girl?
he says it himself: physical appearance means nothing to him. sometimes he was old, sometimes young, sometimes male, sometimes female.
>3) Why does Dracula have a sword and why did he not stay in that form permanantly?
he changed with the times. The sword was his original weapon and appearance. As war changed, so did he.
>4) Are any of the powers explained like how they got them?
he was the original vampire and much of what he has is souped up shit from the mythology. as for the hounds...well, he sold his soul to become a vampire.
>5) Why doesnt Seras regrow her arm, she becomes a vampire right?
I explained it earlier in the thread.
>6) I don't get how Alucard becomes nothing and everything , can someone explain?
he accidentally ate Schrodinger, who had magic omnipresence powers.

what the fuck happened in the last episode ? why did arucaadu become a loli and why did the butler become a shota ? what was the point of that big was anyway?

> why did arucaadu become a loli
to further humiliate walter, and to emphasize that he gave ZERO fucks about appearance and gender
>why did the butler become a shota
the doktor injected him with experimental de-aging drugs, which were still not fully tested, leading to him getting younger and younger
>what was the point of that big was anyway
killing alucard/finding a method to die in battle for the nazi vampires.

Prequel stuff and if you didn't understood why walter became younger then you must have some sort of mental deficiency
>what was the point of that big was anyway
Yep

i watched it 5 years ago so i barely anything about it
to further humiliate walter, and to emphasize that he gave ZERO fucks about appearance and gender
seriously ?

I mean, alucard literally said as much when he turned into a loli.

but that's kinda stupid reason for someone to become a loli

>implying alucard gives a shit about what you think

for clarification directly from the OVA:

>alucard doesn't give a SHIT about appearance or age.
>he saw walter's betrayal as nothing but a child lashing out
>so he himself changed form into a child to play along with walter's 'childish game'

It would be pure shit like DBZ abridged if they didn't do 1 episode per year.

>dbz abridged
>pure shit
what?

Is it racist to say to say it sounds better in Arabic?

It's not bad but not particularly good either.

A plan sixty years and millions of dollars (and lives) in the making.

1. The Nail of Helena is a splinter of the True Cross, and has been in the hands of the Church for centuries.
2. Because he can
3. He was from the 15th century, and wears faces like clothes
4. Literal magic, be it divine or demonic
5. A giant, shape-shifting wing that can act as an arm is more useful
6. Quantum mechanics and Heisenburg's uncertainty principle, applied on a macro scale.

I just hope the Mayor diddn't go to hell. God would probably find it funny how he spat on the devils offer of ultimate power and corruption.

what do we think of drifters?

AKUMA STOCKING

He'd still go to hell for engineering the deaths of millions.

I'm a big fan of Hirano's crazy bullshit.
I also love that the protagonist is the incredibly powerful supernatural being while the antagonist is the normal human who sacrifices everything to take him down.

I think I watched this when the latest ep at the time was 4. I should really finish this.

It's perfect.

If we're talking about the show, it's pretty meh, but the OP is amazing

God will sort out his sheep

Thou shalt not kill.

very artistic and abstract, I enjoyed it personally

Vlad himself tried that. God did not look kindly on it.