How are you coping with the end of yet another long running shounen?

How are you coping with the end of yet another long running shounen?

How did it end?

I’ve already forgotten this series.

I've forgotten this existed after the flashback arc happened

It was never good.

By not ending.

Happy ending.
Sinbad stopped being a piece of shit,
Alibaba saves the day, and marries morg.
Sacred palace is gone, Djinns, metal vessals.
and the magi system are gone. Mages are researching magic to cross into other worlds.
The world is left to decide its own fate

Gives me hope that One Piece and Dragonball will end eventually too

don't get your hopes up. we've got at least another 6 years before Oda runs out of the material he's promised, and when he considers he wont have a paycheck anymore he'll start pulling shit out of his ass.

What happens to kougyoku

Yeah but like what happened to Aladdin though?

jubilance.

Faces off against alibaba when the whole world (minus 6 people, alibaba&aladdin incluided)
has their ruhk rewritten to want to kill themselves.
She actually shows some restraint and tries to resist. The final chapter doesn't cover her though,
so it's presumed she went back to being a princess.
Ugo dies as the sacred palace is destroyed and sends Aladdin back to the world, we finally get the actual panels revealing his wish from the very beginning. Aladdin is helping run the world, and although he isn't a Magi anymore, he's still an ultra-powerful mage with reality warping power because he knows spells and shit. He hooks alibaba up by pulling in favors to get Morg a wedding dress.

I'm rereading it and I'm hollow.

Oh. Well that's a little disappointing. The Kogouyku thing not the Alladin part. Al seems to make out well. I mean she didn't get screwed over sounds like but I would have like some closure.

I agree, while though the main cast was surely the selling point, they hyped up, and kept bringing in supporting cast which was great, but in the end didn't give much closure to them.
also I forgot to mention
Once the Magi system and whatnot was destroyed, the world literally changed. giant land-trees spring out of oceans and shit got really fucked up, so countries are bickering over where the boarders for their nations should be. pic related

Im actually happy it ended because the final arc was fucking terrible.

Dragonball did end, it just started up again

What kind of retarded shit is this?

Id still watch a third season anime

I don't know if Im just weird but I almost always end up liking the side cast more in these kinds of shows

I'm giving as much shit at Magi ending than I did for FT. Which is a pretty damn shame since the manga had so many legits great moments undone by vapid, boring shit.

I think the author herself is confused with final battle.
She's trying too hard to make Sinbad still looks good. In fact, sometimes simple is way better.

The idea of conquering Sinbad's 7 deadly sins is actually pretty acceptable, But she changed it into business shit again all of sudden. Like seriously?

Business and the meta-god stuff with David was a mistake. She should've kept it as a simpler adventure series, have final battle be Sinbad vs Alibaba, Arba vs Aladdin, the end.
Magifags would argue that it would be generic, and I don't disagree, but overall it would still end up being better that what was delivered.

>Magifags would argue that it would be generic
They literally defeated David with the power of friendship, they have no room to use that argument.

>Business and the meta-god stuff with David was a mistake.
Well, of course. If God have a middle name, I'm pretty sure it's 'Arrogant'.
Seriously man, what kind of God would do a business with mortal weak ass human?

>Sinbad vs Alibaba, Arba vs Aladdin, the end.
>Magifags would argue that it would be generic, and I don't disagree, but overall it would still end up being better that what was delivered
Yep. Pretty much.
Also, the build up into the final battle itself is actually already above generic shounen series standard. And Sinbad is not bad villain either.

By not reading shounenshit

By trying to forget how terrible that ending is.

>Magifags would argue that it would be generic,
No Magifag has ever defended that part. What we have always defended is the more "Sup Forums-ish" parts, which had little to do with the cliched shonen adventure. If anything, as the other guy said, the meta shit ended up being some of the most cliched shonen adventure part of the entire series, which honestly is worse than the worst expectations, the final chapters were so bland, empty and generic that it hurt, a lot. Thankfully Sinbad no Bouken is carrying the torch of that of "Sup Forums-ish" type of shonen story, even thought it was a shitty kiddy adventure in the first volumes. It's like a sort of bizarro world.

>Everything on Il Ilah hands again

Based Arba got away with it.

Forgot to say I'm talking only about the "meta" stuff, the business shit was really good, no idea why some of you were lumping it together with what we saw in the genuinely terrible final chapters.

What are you reading then?

Hunter x Hunter. The manga is only in weekly shonen jump because the autor got a great deal, otherwise it would be straight seinen. It's a seinen sold as a shonen.

Truly, you are the worst sort of trash!

He most likely gets peanuts for actually doing the manga, he's set for life raking in money off the merchandise and licensing.

did sinbad get away with all of the bullshit he pulled?

no, he dies

good

>he's still an ultra-powerful mage with reality warping power because he knows spells and shit. He hooks alibaba up by pulling in favors to get Morg a wedding dress.

Well, mages in Alma Toran with the Divine Staves were more powerful than your regular Magi for the major part of the series. Specially Ugo and Solomon.

What Solomon did with the Rukh capped their powers.

>Moest djinn didn't get a happy ending

Wasn't their plan to destroy all gods? Il Ilah was fused with David, and Sinbad destroyed him.

I'm doing fine.

It does show how much I enjoyed the early parts of Magi that despite the ending grinding a lot of fun out of the series I still like it. But from the "death" of Alibaba and forward the story really did start to fall apart and lose it's polish. One thing I didn't like was how the idea of "king vessels" didn't pan out in an interesting way. It became too much about who can change the world even when characters were insisting that focusing on the present is more important than what will happen decades or centuries down the line. And I would have liked to see a focus on more vessels that weren't going to be world shakers but I'll take what I can get.

Despite some complaints it didn't need to be constant dungeon explorations and world wars. But there was something captivating with the journey that Alibaba and Aladdin took as they realized their own ambitions and worked to be able to fulfill them. However, the plot lost track of Alibaba and shifted him into a position of irrelevancy, he couldn't keep up with his peer Zuko (who got two djinn which kind of means his ambitions were greater) and once Arba showed up magic casters just far outstripped melee fighters and metal vessel users. The world had a fairly consistent tier to powers and even sinbad with his many vessels could have been contended by a smart fighter with their own Djinn equip.

But really the author is aware that the story got away from her and I am more than happy to wait for her next work as I think she will improve.

Alibaba finally got laid.

There should have been an inner ring of rebels within Al-Thamen, that could have been interesting.

Yeah ill read it too

>ill ilah was fused with david
oh shit i had forgotten that
but i doubt il ilah perished along with david, probably just david "thoughts" got fucked up. Arba would have reacted against it if it was the case.

Al-Thamen was already based on a very wonky almost nonsensical destiny shit premise, digging even more in that and have slip factions would have made it even worse. Not even the thing about Arba hearing the voice got explained, and that was her only reason for being obsessed about a god that couldn't have a voice because it didn't even have a personality in the first place. The rest of the organization got batshit insane because of what David did to them but it was never made cleared why they suddenly rebelled against Solomon and the white Rukh and suddenly considered the previous Rukh and the previous God a so better alternative. If you try to ignore that it's even worse since without that it's just a cliched evil organization.
It's better that shit got put aside, this final part didn't need more cliches, but more actual substance and soul.

split* factions

FishBaba the best, THE BEST.

Il Ilah had a personality. It gave magic to humans on his own accord. It was just extremely alien to us. I think its a cool despiction for a god.

This manga had some of the most autistic shippers i've seen in a while.
Couldn't give a single shit about Alibaba or Morg, both of them were awful as well as Sindbad who singlehandedly ruined the entire manga.

Same. I was only here for Edgebros, Fish and Kouen.

It got explicitly told that that it had no personality and that it got one only when David fused with it. You can explain the magic however you like, or you can consider it one of the many things that didn't get explained, or you can consider it just a dumb plot hole, in any case that can't change something absolutely explicit.

Il Ilah is a lovecraftian entity. Whatever passes for awareness isn't along lines we will comprehend. It doesn't have some personality, but it does have the ability to make plans insomuch that it bestowed magic and prepped the world for consumption.

That being said it wasn't until David fused that it developed an Ego as noted in the series.

>but it does have the ability to make plans
Which would mean having a personality. Nigga, stop with this dumb head canon, and accept that the story didn't go in the direction you wanted, for the better or the worse.

Ending was rushed, as usual, but overall it is still pretty good. You could tell they dropped a lot of plot points in the final arc.

I want a darkness loli sequel

The best at being shit.

I am deeply in love with Morgiana.

Clearly you don't read anything by lovecraft. Not having a personality is exactly how you describe something like Azazoth. Some ageless and ancient being whose thoughts are utterly incomprehensible to use and it exists on a plane of reality far above ours.

The story does directly state that prior to David Il Ilah didn't have a personality, is correct. The story is doing exactly what I'm saying because all I'm doing is rephrasing what happened.

If Il Ilah was something like nyarlothetep than yes it would have a personality.

whoops quoted myself, I meant what said

user is right. Even if he didnt have a personality, Il Ilah was planning and acting on his own accord. I mean Arba whole deal is that she somehow understands him.

i think this is the page, Il Ilah giving magic to humans. Note David was just a kid in this scene and just there started noticing destiny.

>Even if he didnt have a personality, Il Ilah was planning and acting on his own accord.
I'm not saying it wasn't planning anything. I'm saying it's on the level of some eldritch horror and whatever thougths it has exist beyond human comprehension. You don't have to have the human understanding of a personality to plan to consume a world once it's ripe.

>Moest djinn didn't get a happy ending

The worst part of the story was that they were written off.

Sinbad's 7 djinn's conspire to oust ugo and let Sinbad be supreme leader/god instead. Sinbad then decides to wipe out the world and transcend to a higher level of god. No reaction out of any of them.

I dont think we heard anything out of Amon in years. Anyway I assume they die now that there is no magi metal vessal system.

Yeah, no. You are talking like there lines about "toughts are utterly incomprehensible", there weren't. The dragon doesn't say, it has "his toughts are utterly incomprehensible and now David gave him an ego!" It just says that it doesn't have a personality. It's basically a plant. You aren't rephrasing anything, you are putting descriptions and concepts in the series that the manga didn't have.
It's not case that here you wrote "Il Ilah had a personality", you perfectly know that having thoughts and having plans are not compatible with not having a personality.

>Il Ilah was planning and acting on his own accord
Which is the definition of personality. For the rest, you are just repeating what the other user said, and I have already replied .
You guys can complain about the no personality thing if you want, but it's clear that the twist was about the fact that there was no actually plan and there couldn't have been a plan in the first place. While you are keeping writing a series of mental gymnastic BUTs when the twist was written as unambiguous as possible and there wasn't a single addition about that after it in the series.

Yeah, that was another absurd thing. So much wasted potential.

Rushed, and very underwhelming like most endings to long-running series. Glad that Morgiana x Alibaba became officially canon though.

I will admit this though, I went back and re-read the Origin Dragon's speech and yes, she does say that Il Ilah didn't have a complex personality until much later. Solomon is the one who said it didn't have either and was just a mass of power. Now I could make this a semantical battle as to whether or not "less complex" personality even registers with what I think you are trying to say with the word.

>It's basically a plant.
Now you've contradicted yourself because plants don't have personalities. And certainly they don't have things that people would register as thoughts. If this is how you would describe pre-david Il Ilah than I will have to call into question how you interpret "personality" in the context of this story. And what is personality without Will? It's basically just an action without thought and a machine running on the programming set forth by whoever made it originally, and later David.

> Solomon is the one who said it didn't have either and was just a mass of power.
>Now I could make this a semantical battle
And you shouldn't, there is no semantical matter in a scene written to convey a clear concept to the read, and you also perfectly know that Solomon is just making the concept as clear sa possible for us readers.

>It's basically a plant.
>Now you've contradicted yourself because plants don't have personalities.
Nigga what, it not having a personality is all I have said so far, are you on drugs. It has some magical "physiological" behaviors but no personality, just like a plant.

BTW, before someone says that using the term behavior for plants is strange or inaccurate, it's not.
t. biologist.

>it not having a personality is all I have said so far
Than why are we having this discussion since from the beginning I've been saying that this whole time. Why else would you bring up the mother dragon if you weren't asserting that it has always had a personality?

Hell you said >you perfectly know that having thoughts and having plans are not compatible with not having a personality.
So either you're someone else or you have flip flopped on your points.

The point is, One character says Il Illah has no personality. Another, a character who is by far one of the wisest characters in the story says that it had a "less complex" personality. Either way Il Ilah had no will prior to David.

So do you believe that during that time it's actions and behaviors are indicative of a personality or not?

I thought toriko ended ages ago? Or is this bleach?

It's Magi, But much like Toriko, it had an 8 year serialization and a rushed ending. Still good series though.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Shame though. I enjoyed it up until that retarded school arc.

See

>DB fag calling anything rubbish

>Than why are we having this discussion since from the beginning I've been saying that this whole time. Why else would you bring up the mother dragon if you weren't asserting that it has always had a personality?
Nigga, read the thread, all started from me saying that how wonky Arba's motivation and obsession about "his voice" was when that thing didn't even have a personality, then the other user disagreed with me.
I'm
>One character says Il Illah has no personality. Another, a character who is by far one of the wisest characters in the story says that it had a "less complex" personality.
It also says that "an enormous incarnation of the power of the ecosystem", it's clear that Solomon and the dragon are explained to the readers the same concept. It also makes my analogy with a plant even more fitting (funny enough, I didn't even remember that line). Anyway, that's unrelated to what I was talking about with the other user, which in a nutshell is
>it's clear that the twist was about the fact that there was actually no [Illah's] plan and there couldn't have been a plan in the first place.

tl;tr of the whole discussion: a fuckton of things about Al-Thamen, Rukh, and Gods in this series are a fucking mess, and it's a shame because it's a huge wasted potential.

Than why the hell have you been replying to me when I've been saying from the beginning that

>It doesn't have some personality

What has been the point of this if you can't even reply to the right person about the points you want to make?

I want to bully the princess

Because you said that "it does have the ability to make plans" in that post, and I was saying the opposite, both to you and to the other guy.

It was feeding it's life force to all life on the planet. For whatever reason that was it's function and it's stated multiple times that there is something resembling intent behind it even before David took over. It is the world's "creator" and formed the land masses and races that exist.

So while we will never understand it's reasonings. it did have a some plan or procedure it was enforcing.

>DB fag liked only the cliched kiddy adventure part.
Really surprising.

need epiloge aladdin fuck his big boobs master

The other thing I forgot is that while 500 years prior to the fall of Alma Toran David started his machinations. It's still unknown why Il Ilah gave humans magic in the first place and that predates David by 300 years unless I'm missing something.

Why did nothing happen between those two?

Isn't there a chapter where Aladdin gets a boner while looking at Kougyoku?

Lots of stuff just didn't get addressed. Maybe we can luck out and get some after years compilation in the future.

Nigga, not shit again, we already agreed that there was no "thought" to be understood, you need a personality to be understood in that sense. The "plan" is a mindless feeding strategy, just like the ones plants have. It's not lovecraftian shit that goes beyond logic that can make people mad because their brains can't handle it, the right comparison it's with something much more ancient than logic but also absolutely basic and completely brainless, it's just mindless substance that perpetuate itself, in our reality its beings made mainly by carbons like plants, in the magi universe it's magical "power of the ecosystem". Again, it's not a case that there is the word "ecosystem" in that page, instead of carbon cycle we are talking about a magic matter cycle.
The problem I was talking about is that concept that the dragon and solomon introduced is not easily compatible with other things that were introduced before that twist, it needed some explanation some some ideas to properly bridged them.

It really felt like Ohtaka didn't give a fuck about Aladdin in the last chapter.

>Nigga, not shit again, we already agreed that there was no "thought" to be understood
>It's not lovecraftian shit that goes beyond logic
>the right comparison it's with something much more ancient than logic but also absolutely basic and completely brainless
This is exactly as it's presented. Some being that does things that couldn't be comprehended until it was taken over by a human and had it's original function overruled. But whatever it's original intentions it was something unknowable to humans because it's thoughts went beyond what we can see. This isn't about failing SAN checks, this is about the story presenting us with some eldritch abomination.

>The problem I was talking about is that concept that the dragon and solomon introduced is not easily compatible with other things that were introduced before that twist
I don't get this complaint then. Nothing about what either person said contradicts the story. We have some mass of energy that shaped the original world of Solomon. It is not human and cannot be comprehended by any sentient being that lived on a level beneath it. Then after Humans are gifted with magic someone figures out the underlying structure of the universe and takes control of the reins.

What exactly is your problem?

>have final battle be Sinbad vs Alibaba
This really should have happened, or at least, Sinbad should have been the FV for the heroes to have their stand-off against. But the author was just too infatuated with Sinbad to fully commit to making him the bad guy, there had to be some convenient occurrence that led to him being on the heroes' team again.

People have said this before, but Ohtaka's infatuation with and favouritism towards this character hurt the series a lot during its final run.

After all these years I'm still mesmerized by Judal's abs.

No homo.

Still waiting for translations so no.

>Magi started and ended in the time since One Piece got to Sabaody

>in the time it took one piece to peak and then crash and burn multiple series have been made and finished.
Fuck I'm old.

magi was shit

I’m pretty disappointed by the ending. I think the series lost its charm somewhere along the line, maybe after the EXTREME MAGIC? I also gotta admit that I did not like anything post timeskip. It’s a shame because I loved the series when it first came out and they were capturing dungeons and trying to figure stuff out. There was nothing wrong with Sup Forums stuff but it was like there was this grand set up for everything and when they finally get to the explanations it’s some lukewarm writing.

>There was nothing wrong with Sup Forums stuff but it was like there was this grand set up for everything and when they finally get to the explanations it’s some lukewarm writing.
You mean the destiny shit, there was nothing to explain in the Sup Forums stuff.

It's not so complicated:
Ugo and the djiins: want white rukh and Solomon will.
Al-Thamen: want black rukh and jellyfish god's will (for some reason)
the renegades: don't want any kind of will to rule them and want to destroy all gods, but to do so, they need Al-thamen temporarily as a mean to obtain enough power to break the vertical layers.

>the renegades: don't want any kind of will to rule them and want to destroy all gods, but to do so, they need Al-thamen temporarily as a mean to obtain enough power to break the vertical layers.
"Breaking the vertical layers" is a thing that got introduced in the final arc, it has nothing to do with Al-thamen, and to work it needs the return to Ruhk magic or Baba's plan. Some goes for the godS, it's a "recent" concept that has nothing to do with we saw for Al-thamen. Another case of trying to put together unrelated concepts to explain something that didn't get explained and can't be easily explained.

And also they their main objective was making Illah descend, which can make sense only for Arba.

they could have been researching that in secret, you know, a little foreshadowing to that plot point, although that's not the only wasted potential the series had.