KyoAni's Baja no Studio

bilibili.com/video/av15453233/
It's out.

>the bad guy turned out to be a cute shota
KyoAni with the patrician taste as ever.

Director a cute. CUTE

Well, not being able to understand any word surely didn't help (I do however doubt that it's important to understand the dialogue), but I really wasn't that impressed with the soundtrack of this short movie.
The entire thing didn't feel like anything special.
Although I guess the plastic duckling is really cute. Then again, that's a given, since ducklings are just generally cute, even when they're being swallowed by herons alive.

Are the staff members loosely based on actual KyoAni staff?

>Are the staff members loosely based on actual KyoAni staff?
As a matter of fact, if Chinese viewers are to be believed, the ENTIRE staff, all 200+, are represented.

Also, interesting that KyoAni actually mentioned how important it is that they finish things on time. They are basically famous for finishing the animation before the voice actors show up, so it made sense that they point it out as a company policy.

I went and watched it. And basically, in the credits they unconditionally named ALL their employees in the credits. Both the studio and in Do. Only the leaders got directly animated in person.

Was the character designer credited?

>Was the character designer credited?
She is the woman with a necklace, black long sleeve blouse and red short sleeve jacket.

I don't find her on the Japanese wiki on the major employees. Is she a new hire?

That's a man, baby.

She's a new designer? I thought it'd be Kadowaki because it looks Maidragonish.

>That's a man, baby.
Oh dear, yeah it's a man, I went back and checked. It's just... That necklace is like it belonged to an old lady.

>She's a new designer? I thought it'd be Kadowaki because it looks Maidragonish.
Sasaki is a man apparently, but i can't find anything about him online. Dopesn't help that the name Sasaki is extremely common and is already a KyoAni anime character.

This is the cutest shit ever.

I guess it is a newbie then.

Subs when?

That voice, man, Baja is too cute.

>I guess it is a newbie then.
A newbie who technically was getting chewed out by the plot. Basically in the story, he wanted the main badguy to be a literal lizardman, but the director (main human girl) didn't like the frog and lizard animal references. She thinks the current villain design doesn't match the other characters.
And in the story when the Director was summoned, she basically blew the reptelian desigtns away and complained that it is shit.

Then, you see that the badguy is actually a cute shota under the mask, and that basically the director over-ruled the character designer.

What an asshole

full series when?

Needed more cute girls

wew

Thick thighs

Based Kyoani

When can we expect non-chink sub's?

Never.

Some raws would be nice.

Did this air on TV or something I'd thought it be on their youtube channel

Same. I thought this is supposed to air at the Kyoani Fes but that doesn't happen until tomorrow IIRC, also they should be showing Violet Ep1 and 2 there.