Netflix to Produce 30 'New' Anime Series for 2018 Release

Netflix to Produce 30 'New' Anime Series for 2018 Release

animenewsnetwork.cc/daily-briefs/2017-10-17/netflix-to-produce-30-new-anime-series-for-2018-release/.122823

What the fuck guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1113/NBCUniversal_Entertainment_Japan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope they all flop so Netflix stop meddling with anime.
Just leave my lolis alone, filthy american piggu company.

Will this impact loli fan service in any way? That's all I care about.

Crunchyroll lost. Netflix won. Now all crunchyroll-shills masquerating as KyoAni-fans must worship and love and praise Netflix.

>implying I'm going to give them clicks
What's it say, faggot? Are they giving the animation work to Koreans?

We already had a thread. Fuck off.

More original anime is good but fucking Netflix are cancer.

>Anime

There deserve it for splitting content between two different pay sites.

This, i want normalfags out as much ass possible. They are ruining video games, i don't want them to ruin any more.

On top of 80 new movies?
Sure why not?

Oh boy I can't wait for 30 spinoffs of New Yokio!

How about Amazon, are they pouring money into original anime?

Produce=! actually animate

>NETFLIX SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!

Praise based Netflix.
Don't forget to shill hard for Violet Evergarden when Winter season 2018 arrives, KyoAni-bros.

Amazon simulcasts though and considering how kabaneri had a lewd delicious 12 years old, they don't seem to care about this kind of stuff.

We're finally getting a full Devilman adaptation so Netflix is ok in my book.

Since "netflix original" just means that they have the exclusive western streaming rights, I don't expect much from their "productions" either.
Except that its either going to save fansubbing or fuck us over hard.

Please don't tell me Netflix has rights to Violet Evergarden?

They do.

How much of that will be those disgusting looking 3D animes ?

So we are either waiting 3/4 months for subs.
Or fansubbers are gonna save us, like they saved us with Kujira.
Is netflix actually saving fansubbing, have they hired some antiDaiz being there?

surely.

I don't really give a shit but who are they trying to target with this shit? Japanese audiences? Western anime fans? People who don't really watch anime? All of them?

Netflix, Kickstarters, NBC Universal, Amazon. And IIRC even disney. The list goes on and on, and I don't see anything bad about it to be honest. Maybe they'll make something good and people will be happy, and if they make shit at least our expectations are low.

Maybe an injection of western companies would be good for anime in general.

all of it is going to be shounenshit, grimdarkshit, MANimeshit

Hopefully

I do actually hope so.

I dislike it, everything will be bland and samey as fuck, created to satisfy possible largest crowd, it will lose all its character.
I fucking hate it.

>implying
Nigga just look at the things NBC has produced:
myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1113/NBCUniversal_Entertainment_Japan

>everything will be bland and samey as fuck
like it is now?

Oh come on, cute girls doing cute things isn't that bland and horrible.

It's not as much as it sounds like when you remember that Netflix calls Knights of Sidonia and Glitter Force Netflix originals.

They don't have to actually participate in making it for them to claim having produced the series.

look at all that moeshit. sasuga NBC

This is different, Netflix is directly funding the animu now.

>moeshit

>I dislike it, everything will be bland and samey as fuck
>hundrets of shitty slice of life harem , high school battle harem, isekai harem animes produced every year
>not bland and samey
top kek kill yourself

It just says that they have a budget for original shows. And when it comes to anime, Netflix Original just means that they buy it, make it exclusive and maybe add a dub on it.

No Netflix even if you force blacks fucking with blondes or white guilt in anime people are already burnt of the fucking propaganda.

>more black main characters
>more woman main characters
>absolutely no loli content
>no ecchi or any sexist content

This is the future of anime.
How do you like it?

Nooooooo.
That means that I am contractually obligated to love them and suck their dicks forever if they're being producers and not just publishers.
My life is ruined.

I love Netflix now.

What the fuck is Glitter Force?

Smile PreCure!

>>more woman main characters
>>absolutely no loli content
Isn't that already normal?

>This is the future of anime.
Try watching something other than battle shounen.

Why are you people so goddamn paranoid? The West has been funding and producing your animu for years, you just didn't notice it.
Nothing bad is gonna happen.

It's just weekly spic-inferiority rambling.

Fansubbing just didn't have much of a reason to exist with nearly everything getting timely subs. It always originated in the need for shows to be subbed while there being none available, even if it eventually became about epeen. Now it's just returning to that "as needed" origin of the trade. Thanks to Netflix being bone headed about anime we're actually seeing fansubbing making a bit of a comeback.

I said IT'S DIFFERENT now you dense fuck

LWA was funded by Netflix as stated by Yoh Yoshinari himself, Devilman is being funded by Netflix as stated by Yuasa himself, and so are most of these upcoming shows. I don't think Violet Evergarden is

Nothing good has EVER come from rich western weeaboos getting involved with anime.

Sup Forums is such a shithole. I mean it always was but at least it used to be a shithole that was somewhat about videogames.

Violet Evergarden will get fansubs when it airs on Nip TV, I'll eat my own dick if it doesn't. It's an excessively hyped series and people have already basically translated the whole novel.

What if she's black loli, would that be acceptable?

>Maybe an injection of western companies would be good for anime in general.
It didn't work out in the 90's. Back then with the emo boom, the West was requesting darker and edgier content that the average anime doesn't really do. I don't expect them to do it any better in 2018. Well, at least the 90's anime boom got us GitS SAC, so even if we get a mountain of overpriced shit again there must be something that end up being good somewhere in that pile.

fuck off Sup Forums

Anime industry is collapsing, they need burgerbux to keep it going.

Black futa loli is the future.

The point of it not being samey means it being distinct from western shows overall you doofus, but of course faggots would miss the point.
You will get the same shows western productions have, except they will be set in japan now.

Jews will destroy Anime

Already did. They're called Kadokawa in moon rune language.
Get on with the times, grampa.

Wasn't Nanatsu no Taizai netflix original?
It had tons of loli an fanservice.

>I hope they all flop so Netflix stop meddling with anime.

What would be considered a "flop"? Low streaming numbers?

Does this mean something like this will happen, except already "hardcoded" in the original japanese audio?

Japan is already seeking to purge its perverse elements ahead of the 2020 Olympics, so say goodbye to loli fanservice

I refuse to believe this is true

Basically. When Netflix makes original shows, it wants to have ones that make you tell your friend about "this amazing show on Netflix", so you get your friends to subscribe. You don't want to make Death Note only to have it panned, because no one is going to consider Death Note to contribute to the value of your monthly subscription.

"Netflix original" means they had exclusive rights to broadcast it in the west. Nanatsu no Taizai was not written by Netflix nor did Netflix have any creative input on it. That's not what they are trying to do. They just want access to anime without having to either go through middle men like Funimation or Sentai or having to do what they do and pay for expensive licenses that inevitably expire. You recall Netflix is currently having a rough time with their current streaming properties being taken away from them. A lot of the major networks are finally wising up and setting up their own streaming platforms and stripping their IPs off of Netflix, leaving them with basically only the unwanted stuff or the shows they bothered to produce themselves. They saw this coming though and that's why they've been trying to set up a worthy catalog of shows that they own outright.

It's the same with anime: they want to buy their way onto the production committee to secure indefinite rights to a show so that they have a solid, dependable catalog of anime that they own outright, similar to how Toonami/Adult Swim has several anime whose rights they own indefinitely due to helping fund them.

Spicy habenaro

>>more black main characters
>>more woman main characters
>>absolutely no loli content
>>no ecchi or any sexist content
Literally nothing wrong with any of these. Fuck of Sup Forums

Produced by Weinstein Company

this nigger lives in the golden age of moe and loli and doesn't appreciate it

Show me some Netflix original animes

>hyped series
Where? On MAL it isn't ranked, Reddit doesn't talk about it and Sup Forums hasn't subbed anything in 4 years.

show your tits

Blame and Godzilla anime founded by Netflix.
Why it's bad thing, weebs?

They don't give a fuck about the content, they just want something they think will be popular. The whole point of these western companies buying into anime production is that they think anime is already a successful business and they want a slice of it, you guys have this all wrong.

What you seem to think is happening is the west is contracting anime studios and telling them what to do make. Which they already do, and have done for decades, but the end result is always noticeably different from what people normally call anime. It's just outsourced western animation. No, what's going on here is western companies seeing how popular regular Japanese animation is and wanting to profit off of it. If they thought they could do anime better they'd just hire a studio and try to use them to make animation for their own audiences.

Are they actually producing them 100% or is it like they always do, buy the rights in America and call them "Netflix Originals"?

They also added some gamergate bullshit into Prison School dub.

Because it's harder to rip from Netflix, that's why the kids hate it.

really?

It is.
Google it.

Yup.

People said the same thing in 64 and nothing happened.

English translators are one of most disrespectful people in this industry

Who cares? It's just anime.

t. english translator

Netflix shows are trend followers. I'm skeptical they'll remove most objectionable content when most viewers like their lewd undertones. Lolis will be ignored by them though

People posting on an anime board care.

>Be in the red
>Dive into more genres
They gamble so hard, it's not even funny.

One's funny, and the other is just pretentious.

We don't know yet, but B: The Beginning, AICO, Devilman and Lost Song are actually funded by Netflix and they aren't going to air on TV.

As long as they get investors believing in them, good for them.

I'm guessing this is because these originals are making money then, don't think they'd double down on animes if they didn't see some potential profit

Not him but violet is only exclusive on Netflix in america. Raws will be available soon after the episode airs. And some group will sub them.

It's over. Sup Forums is dead, moot is gone. Fansubbing is dead. Anime is dead.