Porco Rosso is the best Miyazaki film. There I said it. Debate me

Porco Rosso is the best Miyazaki film. There I said it. Debate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cPMZdeAD2ow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they're all the same shit

Give me a run down

1. Spirited Away
2. Princess Mononoke
3. The Wind Rises
4. Porco Rosso
5. Laputa
6. Totoro
7. Cagliostro
8. Kiki's Delivery Service
9. Nausicaa
10. Ponyo

>Miyazakis most visually impressive works
Nausicaa, Spirited Away

>Miyazakis best written works
Wind Rises, Porco Rosso

>Miyazakis "hipster picks of choice aka I hate fantasy lol I am mature for liking this horribly written trash with uninspired visuals"
Whispers of the Heart, Kikis

Do you think Studio Ghibli will ever make the Sequel to Porco Rosso? In 2010 Miyazaki said he had it in the pipes but now that they've split what will happen now?

Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Laputa
Nausicaa
Ponyo
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Howl's Moving Castle
Wind Rises
Totoro

Note that I'm not saying any on this list are bad, just some are better than others.

Did anyone see it in theaters yesterday?
I won a poster through a raffle. Feels good to actually win something.

>horribly written trash with uninspired visuals
Your words hurt.

Piss off Hayao, draw some more loli pantsu. Oh wait, its bloomers, totally fine.

>Miyazakis "hipster picks of choice aka I hate fantasy lol I am mature for liking this horribly written trash with uninspired visuals"

>Whisper of the Heart
Couldn't agree more.
>Kikis
No.

What kind of sick fuck gets off on the swimming club from Porco Rosso? They're cute nothing more. Maybe you're the one with the disease.

Porco Rosso is great, easily my 5th favorite of his.

Whatever you say Hayao.

I only like the Ghibli films with cute little girl protagonists.

Porco Rosso is a masterpiece but so is the majority of his filmography, so I'll have to disagree

>Whispers of the Heart
I think you mean Only Yesterday.

>but so is the majority of his filmography

>Debate me
Can't debate facts, m8.

I don't get the love for this movie. It feels meandering and incomplete. The pig thing also seems like an idea the movie does nothing with, like they only went with it because little kids wouldn't have gone see an anime about some middle aged guy in the '40s if the protagonist wasn't a talking animal.
Certainly one of Miyazaki's weakest.

Doug get off of Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPMZdeAD2ow

I could tell you the reason why he is an animal, but the answer may surprise and appall some people here.

Oh pray tell

Who?
Dude it's clear what it means, but the movie does nothing with it.

Is probably Miyazaki favorite film, he said he did it to please himself.

The reason no one cares he's a pig is because they all know of his skills. Merit and honor is a big thing in the film in case you didn't notice. He turns back into a human in moments when he regains faith in humanity. The curse is self imposed.

howls moving castle has the best music though

miyazaki didnt do whisper

nor did he do this

>he didnt direct it therefore it isnt his work
He wrote the screenplay, the goddamn script, drew the storyboards and is even credited as fantasy sequence director. I dont give a shit what you cocksucker spout, its one of his works.

As I said, it's clear what it symbolize.
But did the movie need this out of place, underutilized and poorly justified fantasy element to make its point? The character arc would have been the exact same transformation or not.

Miyazaki just likes pigs and planes.
See this

Agree. I wish Miyazaki had made more films for adults. Porco Rosso is truly his most personal film during the height of his career.

The reason isn't just some 'spell' put on by a witch, it's because he's physical cursed himself into that state.
I mean seriously, have you people not watched the film? The entire sequence of him above the clouds with all the dead pilots pretty much is reasoning as to why he's vexed himself into the form of a pig.

Wind Rises strikes me as more personal. Porco obviously is too, but Anno's criticism is fair.

It definitely is a personal film, I just didn't like Wind Rises, to be honest. I though it was unnecessarily drawn out, with inserted romance/melodrama for no reason. Although, I know it is a biography, it just felt kind of convoluted.
The romance in Porco Rosso was much more discreet, felt natural in comparison. At least in my opinion.

My wife Naoko is telling you to neck yourself.

>with inserted romance/melodrama for no reason

He actually said it is the only film that made him cry, i kinda find that funny now you point that out.

Your wife is literally dead, and someone else's wife.

Mononoke Hime is better