Prove that Dragonball didn't peak on Namek

Prove that Dragonball didn't peak on Namek.
>protip: you can't

>best comedy villains
>best outright villain
>best powerup (before it was trivialised)
>best atmosphere

Literally perfection, especially with Kai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t8qWlqYNtTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why the fuck would anyone care about your opinion?

You seem upset.

Maybe a hivemind website if more your speed.

I always thought this was so badass. Seeing Vegeta mopped up by a retarded Jock ballerina.

Where the fuck do you think you are, mate?

>Also, 'if more'.
Check yourself buddy.

Go watch some hentai. A quick wank will cool your autistic jets down.

it makes me cry everytime i see this webm because i know super wont be ever this good

The first part of Namek sure. Latter part the pacing got all wonky and transformations and zenkai shit got abused to hell and back.

>It makes me cry
Dragon ball fags everyone

You have to ask yourself what is worse?
The zenkai abuse on Namek?
or
The power creep after Namek?
>everybody is super sayain
>the built up androids are weak as fuck

whats wrong with crying?

The Notebook
Noah

It peaked at Piccolo Jr. or Saiyan arc. I didn't even bother with the Cell saga as kid.

Yeah not a fan of the android-cell arc really.

Why are there 13 Dragon ball threads right now?

>Namek starring Gohan, Krillin, and Vegeta barely skirting by
Great.
>Namek with Goku added in to the mix for a short while
Still great.
>Namek post-Goku highjack
Carried by the Super Saiyan hype.

It's hurt by how Freeza and Goku barely know who the fuck each other are. Some people say it dips right as Freeza starts transforming but I never felt that was a problem, other than the third form feeling like a waste of time that never really had its increase in power properly shown. The manga's pacing for the final fight is obviously much better but it's tough to judge that in a vacuum when most of us experienced the overlong anime version first. It still sticks the landing with Goku seemingly failing to pull a metroid at the end.

It's still a very good arc and Dragon Ball's most iconic one for a reason. It's pretty long so being as consistently high quality as the Saiyan saga or the three Tenkaichi Budokai arcs was a tall order.

Wait.
Was Rikum a human? That was stronger than a Saiyan?

Maybe one day user.

He was a humanoid alien.

It was good because it was an arc where different factions of people fought each other over the dragonballs, then ended in climactic fight.

Hopefully we'll get an arc like that in Super.

Go fap to Haruhi faggot.

>that part when goku punches Jeice in the face for talking too much

Dragonball peaked with team 4star

I agree.

I also think the same can be said for the tournament in Dragon Ball.

fuck you i love both

Dragon Ball anime peaked in the first 20 episodes or so (when Goku was a kid, up until his first transformation into that giant ape)
>perfect pacing, not too slow
>comfy road trip vibes
>a good comedy series rather than a boring, average action series
>lots of Bulma, she even gets a gun

Which tournament? Chun, Tien, or Piccolo?

Yes.

I watched DB for the first time recently and it really takes a nose-dive in quality around the start of Red Ribbon arc. Fuck me, all the humour disappeared.

>goku will never pat your crotch to check what gender you are

this is some solid choreography/animation, way better than all the ATATATA repeating frame stuff I remember. makes me wanna revisit the show

youtube.com/watch?v=t8qWlqYNtTw

Why is Vegeta getting hurt so funny?

The choreography disappears during the Android saga. They are all so 'strong' you can't seem them. So it is just a bunch of shitty animation stills that make them look like they are going fest

I am sure namek was a good arc, but I remember growing up and seeing random episodes and they were ALWAYS on namek, same shitty sky, same weird trees, always talking for hours about fighting and barely ever doing it. Watching the show from start to finish, namek now feels like a major slog, the android saga and even the shitty garlic jr. arc is a breath of fresh air

The show is ATATATATATA outside of the parts choregraphied by Toriyama (and even those usually don't get as much love as the Recoom one), so read the mango.

Watch Kai (the uncut version btw). It is just an edited down DBZ, so it flows much quicker.

>Best villain
It's all downhill from there

reminder

Not sure if sarcasm...

Just read the manga. Fixes the shitty pacing and "le screaming for 20 episodes" whiners.

It's not

I want this Piccolo back.

Which scanlation group is this/which scans are the highest quality user?

Anherogold-Empire

:^)

Nah, Dragonball peaked during Saiyan Saga, it was more interesting with more going on plus the good choreography.

Namek is a shithole and everyone's flying about constantly. But it is better than the arcs that come after it.

Ruthless Vegeta is best Vegeta. I think the last time we witnessed that was vs Android Clown dude.

>do androids feel fear?

> where different factions of people fought each other over the dragonballs, then ended in climactic fight.

why the fuck can't they just do it again

stop the retarded tournaments

It is perfection. The pinnacle of battle shounen, not even joking.

>stop the retarded tournaments
Toriyama can't stop doing them

Vegeta's FACE JESUS

Please kill yourself

Is he nostalgic for when they meant something? AKA Dragonball?

I admit the Cell Games were hella kewl.

pfft, that doesn't look that good

now THIS is more like it

WOW THAT TECHNIQUE!!!

lmao wtf?

I'm glad I haven't watched Super.

The best thing about that fight was that it showed that Recoome was definitely stronger than Vegeta without it being entirely one sided. Vegeta still fought back and did some damage to Recoome even though he lost. It wasn't like later in the series where one of the fighters is always clearly untouchable by the other one until some kind of powerup reverses that situation.

Yeah this shit started with Cell. Even Buu did that better (Vegeta SS2 blew up Fat and even Kid Buu and didn't get oneshotted).
It's sad that they couldn't at least beat Recoom with Krillin and Gohan's help, that'd have been a nice twist, but it still works. Hell, Krillin destroyed Recoom's teeth.

What about the fights in the Android and Cell arc?

allcomicbooks have dead links, is there mirrors anywhere?

Recoom was an interesting character, despite being very strong, way way stronger than Vegeta, he wasn't very good, he received all the attacks head on, he was basically a brute.

nyaa.si

woah there, I thought he was holding a fish for a moment

Try baka.

And Recoom didn't fight so bad too, it's just that at that time being stronger than someone didn't mean going *teleports behind u* at every move.

Low amount of seeders but ill try my best to grab it before it dies
Tfw account deactivated

Who should be the last boss in Dragonball and why should it be Piccolo? I feel like it should be him since he was after all the original ultimate evil and it would be nice pottery if Goku not only fought and killed Piccolo to save everyone but to save his friend who has been consumed by him.

I hated how goku and vegeta exploited the fuck out of injure+heal mechanic, admin should've banned them both.

Piccolo hasn't mattered since he fused with Kami to fight No. 17, and help Gohan fight Cell.

Even DB Super treats him like a joke

I absolutely agree.

Piccolo/Saiyan/Namek/Androids was kino

It'd be nice if he reminded everyone again he was the original Vegeta before Vegeta became a thing but I think if Goku and Piccolo were to have one last fight it would probably result in the dragonballs not being usable anymore considering how much they abused them. That's my take on it anyway. I still want an arc where Piccolo gains a new massive power up or something to compete with the Saiyan characters, funny to think he's been made completely irrelevant when he originally fucked over Earth centuries ago and was unstoppable.