Is Netflix trying to destroy anime?

Netflix to Produce 30 'New' Anime Series for 2018 Release
4NN.cx/.122823
They sure seem like they are trying really hard.

>The anime arriving on Netflix in 2018 include
>Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden,
>BONES' A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-,
>DLE Inc.'s Sword Gai: The Animation,
>Production I.G's B: The Beginning,
>LIDEN FILMS' Lost Song,
>MAPPA's Kakegurui,
>Science SARU's DEVILMAN crybaby,
>TMS Entertainment's Baki,
>Satelight's Cannon Busters,
>Dwarf Studio's (Domo) Rilakkuma,
>Toei Animation's Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya.

Looks like they're saving it.

this

I want more anime

Before we have the last thread again:
>Netflix hasn't interfered creatively with any anime they've licensed
>"Netflix Original" is just a stamp they put on licensed anime
>They are not coming for our cartoons

Yeah wasn't Knights of Sidonia a "Netflix original" ?

yeah sure. Except that once nips notice that shows with lolis or lewd girls don't get Netflix money, they will start cattering to western audiences.
And when that happens, anime will just be like western cartoons with all the agenda-pushing for political correctness, muh women empowerment, and whatever else is the new trend among these airheads.

>4 minutes thread
>4 posts saying how Netflix is good for anime
JEEZ, I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS.

What a horrible loss

Netflix isn't producing shit, shut the fuck up; stop making these threads, you unrepentant fearmongers.

Anime is beyond saving anyway

Come back to us gg subs.

Oh wow netflix has a GodAni show now, that's a real game changer

Fuck off, you know that's true. Just looks at what happened with american comics. Or with games.

I don't know why Sup Forums is against netflix licencing since not a single netflix licenced anime have not gotten fansubs most of the time the same day a it aired in Japan. Even for relativly obsucre stuff like ID-0. So Sup Forums if anything should sing netflix praises since we then aren't forced to stick to CR or amazon subs.

Netflix subs are even worse than both of these though.

>yfw all this anime is catered to SJW's

user you're an idiot. There's already have been a ton of anime part produced by westerners. This still never do anything bad to the medium.
Realize lolis and lewd girls aren't in the tastes of normalfags? Nigger, the nip producers and creators realized this DECADES ago.

Nigger, some of these are just English-language licenses of already-released anime. Why the fuck would that matter?

Read the post again, I was talking about fansubs.

I don't think it's intentional. I just think they'll take whatever shows they can get that applies to all demographics. If it is intentional and they have the animes in their sights..then may anime Jesus help us all.

The only thing we will have to worry about is when Netflix will actually have influence in the creation process.

For now things haven't gotten to that point, but when it does god help us.

>netflix
Their subs and typesetting are horrible. It's fucking hurting anime as much as CR once did (and still does on its own way).

You're right. If things continue the way they are now, in a few years netflix will probably start influencing some anime studios or maybe even start creating their own.

some people here literally just want something to complain about and netflix is a really easy target

>netflix starts influencing trigger
>there's no difference because they're already gay westaboos

How could they possibly have Devilman and Baki catter to SJW's?

This

PAID TO SHITPOST

Normalfags watching "random" anime with shitty subs and calling it a day. A lot of them are already flooding Sup Forums.

REEE SJW

They cannot. Stop bumping the thread.

>anime turns into SJW PC shit just like everything else
>thanks fuckning burgers for ruining fun for all others again

Devilman is one of my fave manga, is this shit taste y/n

Yes

Nah, at worse they'll start more movie adaptations. They have no reason to choose the medium that makes less money if they're gonna create something.
Here they just want more content on their plateform and maybe will be willing to put a part into the production committee like Chunchyroll is already fucking doing and no one on Sup Forums even noticed but they won't force any studio to turn back on their original audience or producing something they aren't even interested in.

Netflix is trying to make anime become mainstream

i don't see the problem. netflix is pretty popular in japan now, it only makes sense.

also it's just "producing", they're merely the platform. not like they're actually creating anything

Why do you want validation from underage newfags and crossboarders? As oldfag I can say Yes, Devilman is good taste

shut up Sup Forums underage subhuman

Fact: the reason anime is refreshing to western sensibilities is because it's completely free of Jewish-cultural-marxist propaganda (even Miyazaki's environmentalism and stronk womens protags comes from a basis of traditionalism rather than deconstructive critical theory)

Fact: the second westerners get involved in the production of anime to any serious extent, anime is culturally dead

It's really bad. Liked just because it's "influential".

>anime turns into SJW PC shit just like everything else
I don't understand why everyone thinks this. Netflix obviously wants to serve a world wide audience.
Am I the only one who thinks Netflix is trying to expand on the Japanese market instead of ginving chinese cartoons to fat americans?

What?

> the reason anime is refreshing to western sensibilities is because it's completely free of Jewish-cultural-marxist propaganda
Holy shit, fuck off, Sup Forums.

>impying shows with lolis or lewd girls isn't a problem in itself

epic as hell woketeens

You need to go back.

>MUH SJW
This is truly Sup Forums now.

It's insane to think that western media is in anyway marxist when it's so strongly controlled by what sells. Which by the way anime also is.

been Sup Forums for most of this decade

It's so funny every board on Sup Forums is now pretty much Sup Forums, but don't forget most anime watchers are these retarded weeaboos who vote for the greens, so i don't think that something like that will kill anime "culturally". Some shows already have western involvement, just like many western animation has Japanese involvement.
And don't forget the biggest anime adience is still in Japan, so Netflix will probably mostly aim their animes at them.

No it's just this thread that attracts these losers, people in this thread probably don't even post on Sup Forums, they from Sup Forums or some shit.

>Netflix absolutely ruins something as simple as Anne of the Green Gables
>people think that they won't ruin anime
I can only imagine that the dub of Maidragon will actually become real.

Are you sure neflix?

Netflix will save dead anime projects such as Hoshi no Samidare, Cencoroll 2 and other one who stuck in production hell. I bet Aoki Uru will become Netflix project because of Sadamoto

Save how? its subs sucks.

By funding

Every netflix show that I know of have gotten fansubs so who cares.

I'll remain a sceptic untill I see Haruhi S3.

Fuck off Crunchyroll shill.

>people in this thread probably don't even post on Sup Forums
Judging by the amount of dumbass newfag posts I see all the time on Sup Forums, I'd say they do post here.

Yeah, comics sales plummeling into abyss certainly helped getting rid of all PC crap in them.
I'm sure there's some netflix shills posting in those threads

Fuck off you nigger kike,back in the oven with you.

Yeah no. Look at Devilman or Baki, or Kakegurui. Tell me the SJW influence there please.

>I don't understand why everyone thinks this
Every kid that came here during gaymersgate and the meme elections can't shut about this. It's an obsession. Most browse Sup Forums regularly.

The worst thing about this is more normalfags watching anime because they already pay for netflix anyway and they have anime so might as well.

Western comics is a dieing industry trying to get new fans by pandering too those kinds of people so it doesn't really matter.

Normalfags watching anime in Japan and 2ch is fine

did something actually happen or is this a reverse sjw where you actively go looking for things to be outraged at?

Do we seriously need so many threads about this?

>dub
who gives a shit, retard

yes, but you better to ask Sup Forums

>licensing a bunch of off-the-wall anime that Japanese studios are too poor/uncaring to take on

>no creative input, literally just funding them

If you have a problem with this, you are retarded.

Thank you America for saving anime.

I stopped browing Sup Forums because of that nonsense, but Sup Forums is still the board I use the most and I actually got back into anime after watching some on Netflix.

I still don't get how any of this is a problem.

In all fairness to Netflix, it is another case of them buying episodes and slapping the Netflix Original logo on it. It's produced by CBC.

Though, they are entirely to blame for giving money to the fuckheads making it.

Call me when they save Despera.

literally nobody understands the Netflix Original.

You're welcome

But its not like he is wrong

>Sup Forums is still the board I use the most
Sup Forums is board for people without hobby. Politics as hobby is lowest low.

>the Age of Waifushit and Otaku Pandering will die in your lifetime
Based Netflix

Yeah you're right! Kikes! Jews! ebin funni Sup Forums meme my fellow Sup Forumslack!

>m-muh ecchi will be gone forever!
log on to sadpanda and fuck your onahole you horny bitch

Netflix's whole shtick is letting the creators do what they want. They're not going to affect anime just make fanbases worse and get more normalfags into it. It's like the new toonami.

>to produce
>most of the shit in that list is only paid for western streaming licenses

I really hate how they like to pretend they made them.

>fanbases
Only underages cares about subculture wars

This is pretty much true. Just more reason why netflix is a threat.

>Except that once nips notice that shows with lolis or lewd girls don't get Netflix money, they will start cattering to western audiences.
Bullshit, because Japan will never stop catering to its own audiences. Nips are sucker enough to buy their overpriced BDs, not burgers.

See

The plot of Devilman is changed to show how all men are the devil

Yeah, sure. Sup Forums is dead for a reason, kiddo.

Sorry that our antisemitism is making your boss mad netflix-kun

>We might lose out on lolis and lewd girls.
Oh nooo. What will we do. There's barely any pandering loli/lewd anime out there, what'll we do user? What'll we do?

That is funny.
I always consider people who don't interest themselves in politics the worst kind of people there are.

If only they would simulcast.

I don't think they understand the culture. It's not the same western binge watching.

Haha, you sure showed him, right my fellow antisemite? The Jews are subhumans, but they're also in control of everything in the world! Kikes am I right!
It's a shame no one's as intellectual as you then, user.

any netflix shills in this thread, please please PLEASE give us kaiji season 3

>It's a shame no one's as intellectual as you then, user.
Or rather that nobody cares what happends to the world.

I like it for the MC. what’s something within the genre that isn’t shit that i should read

>Nobody cares what happends to the world.
*Tips fedora* I understand you, my fellow smart user.

I am Netflix CEO I will make sure you get the next best thing. Kakegurui S2.