Finally decide to give pic related a chance

>Finally decide to give pic related a chance
>A few episodes in depressed because remember the excitement of watching DBZ as a kid
>This feeling of excitement is gone while watching DBS

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_techniques_used_by_Syn_Shenron
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah it's complete shit but people are still eating it up. There's a new overpowered guy and everyone straight up creamed themselves because well he's overpowered. That's it. There's no story no character development nothing. It's just fighting and set up episodes.
Utter trash.

>There's a new overpowered guy and everyone straight up creamed themselves because well he's overpowered
That says a whole lot about this fanbase

They will never, ever even top the best fights from Z. No more moments like Goku's sacrifice and Gohan vs Cell, or Vegeta self destructing against Buu after hugging his son for the first time.
Super is a soulless cashgrab, the same as GT

DB has been soulless ever since Goku transformed into Super Saiyan.
Toriyama clearly had absolutely no idea what to do.

GT is better than super.

And to add to this, gt is like saint seiya omega while super is like soul of gold.

GT is absolute garbage and felt even more like a cashgrab than even Super.
Pretty much because the moment they saw the adventure shit wasn't working, they tried to become DBZ 2.

The best Super has got offer is that it's better than GT, and sometimes the Buu arc

Nothing comes close to the Namek/Androids arcs

The dragon ball dragons arc is better than all super

nostalgiafags should be gassed

Super is at least pretty funny sometimes

It's best when it doesn't take itself seriously

>literally every single dragon has not a semblance of personality
GT's soundtrack alone makes it terrible.

You need to seek help, user. A chinese girl cartoon isn't going to fill the hole your doritos couldn't.

I can't comment on Super but DBZ itself doesn't even hold up. Toriyama's art during the early & mid parts of the manga is the only good thing about it.

You're kidding/shit-posting right? GT is far worse than Super.

- SHIT fighting choreography. The only decent one being SS4 Goku vs Baby
- Even worse power-level inconsistencies
- Becomes edgy after the first arc
- After the first arc, just a trio of revenge stories
- Lack of lore-building, plays it too safe
- Shits in almost every single secondary character from DBZ.
- GT = Goku Time

Theres a reason why they are trying to pretend it never happened.

I'm curious as to what "few episodes" you have watched?

The movie re-tellings? Cause I'd recommend you just watch the movies.

Forgot to attach my picture, haha

I don't get the DBS fanbase. I am a fan of DB and DBZ but holy shit DBS i just pointless fighting. There is basically no story yet the fans love it. I don't see how DBS is enjoyable.

If Super is doing one thing right, it's how they are handling Freeza in the current arc

>no story yet
Did you skip the Trunks/Black arc?

But yeah, the rest are basically tournaments which can be pretty enjoyable if you're into that...I realized DBZ didn't really have any real tournaments

>tfw you can actually get that feeling of excitement with DBS even after years "growing out of Dragon Ball" and staying away from the franchise
I consider myself lucky that I can actually enjoy this. Super also revived the franchise in more ways than just the anime, so it's a good time to be a DBZfag or in my case go back to being one. Also, the fact that there's a surprise factor with Super along with the weekly hype, speculation and general shitposting, makes the experience that much more enjoyable and different from Z, where many of us already knew almost exactly what was suposed to come next in the series unless you actually started watching it as it aired for the first time (which is a time frame that's very different for each country).

It's a lot of fun but doesn't require you to turn your brain off, it's not complex and all that smart but not insultingly stupid, it builds on nostalgia but also takes tons of bold moves to bring something fresh to the table. Over everything else, I feel like it's something to be experienced and enjoyed with others.

Frieza has been awesome so far super isn't great by any means but it's not total shit either it does some things right

>GT's soundtrack alone makes it terrible.
t. american

>not a semblance of personality
Oh you didn't even watch the show at all.

>t. american
Oh yeah, because the romantic Broadway musical-tier Japanese OST was good.

>Oh you didn't even watch the show at all.
Go ahead, describe the personality of each dragon.
Let's have a hard laugh at how hard you are going to try.

Each Shadow dragon in GT was boring as shit, except maybe 4-star dragon.

Especially the final villain who was bland as fuck.

Even more upsetting was that there were 7 dragons to fight, yet Goku saves the day. They could've easily shared the dragons with other fighters.

Except Vegeta. He does "fight". By getting SS4 and immediately jobbing.

What a piece of shit show. I can't believe people actually defend it.

>Oh yeah, because the romantic Broadway musical-tier Japanese OST was good.
It was good for the most part, it only lacked a serious battle theme. The american one was just pure garbage though.

>final villain who was bland as fuck
Explain.

>Except Vegeta. He does "fight". By getting SS4 and immediately jobbing.
Just like in the rest of the series?

This. Super is pretty much taking the worst parts of Z, the parts where the story is boring and characters can't stop talking about getting stronger

I really don't understand how people can hate super and praise Z so highly. Super is legit just Z with the comedic elements of the original. Z was always "There's an overpowered guy and everyone straight up creams themselves" Someone literally used Frieza as their reference image unironically while mentioned an overpowered character who everyone creamed themselves over. There was no story for Freiza other than he was a powerful galactic tyrant who destroyed planet Vegita. Z is not much different than Super.

>Omega Shenron was basically Cell, and people still love Cell.

>Vegita is literally the king of jobbing all throughout Z. Jobs to Frieza, Jobs to cell, Jobs to Buu

>Explain
-Omega Shenron's personality was basically a generic villain
- No interesting skills
- Ugly as hell design
- His main deal: "Y-you used the dragon balls too much!!"

> Just like in the rest of the series?
Vegeta does WAY more in Z and in Super than he does in GT.

And yeah, I get it it's a meme. But he doesn't always job. He's won more battles in the current arc in Super than the entirety of GT.

Not even that, every arc individually Vegeta's won more battles than he has in the entirety of GT...except BoG (but at least he did get a time to shine with "My Bulma!")

Battles that Vegeta won in GT? Nappa. And that "battle" was just a single energy blast.

>There was no story for Freiza other than he was a powerful galactic tyrant who destroyed planet Vegita. Z is not much different than Super.

In contrast Jirens whole story is "I'm really strong". Yeah...same thing.

>Omega Shenron was basically Cell, and people still love Cell.

Fucking kek

Hell no

You talking about me?

That's not really much of a story, it's set up.

>Frieza: I'm a galactic tyrant, also I'm really strong
>Jiren: I'm a galactic super hero, also I'm really strong

I'm sure Jiren is going to have his strength and story explained later. Whether or not the explanation is good remains to be seen.

Which anime are not utter trash, user? Enlighten me

It's the capeshit of anime.

>/r/animerecommendations

>-Omega Shenron's personality was basically a generic villain
What does this even mean?
>No interesting skills
Really? He has probably the biggest amount of moves out of any character in the franchise.
>Ugly as hell design
Opinion
>His main deal: "Y-you used the dragon balls too much!!"
What did you expect? His main purpose is to make sure that the dragonballs are not abused. He just acted as a fail-safe.
Do you also consider Frieza(I want to control the universe and be immortal), Cell(I just want to fight and have fun), or Buu(le ancient mindless evil) to be generic villains?

>Vegeta does WAY more in Z and in Super than he does in GT.
Both Z and Super also run for much longer than GT did.
The only fights Vegeta won in Z were against henchman, he always jobbed in the end. Same thing in GT.
They did him better in super, even though I liked his character in GT more.

go fuck yourself

There's good capeshit and bad capeshit, though. You can't put Green Lantern and The Dark Knight in the same playing field, the quality of capeshit varies as much as the different writers and directors that get picked for each project..

>What does this even mean?
He acts like pic related.

> Really? He has probably the biggest amount of moves out of any character in the franchise.
Name them. And not exclusive moves from video games.

His moveset is basically generic energy balls with "negative"energy

Compare that Black, Hit, Cell, Buu...

>Ugly as hell design
> Opinion
He's fucking ugly user. But okay, I guess there's no argument found here.

>What did you expect?
I don't know? A little bit more? It's okay to start with, but they didn't build anything on top of just "you use my balls too much" (which btw was never said or hinted beforehand that using Namekian-made balls creates evil dragons)

Freeza has MUCH more backstory than Omega...even Cell. Both are WAY more interesting (Planet Vegeta, tyrant, Red Ribbon, time travel, etc)

Buu was probably generic...but at least he had an interesting moveset, and brought back magic with wasn't seen since Dragon Ball

As much as I disagree with that other guy, Omega did have all the other Shadow Dragon abilities, but rarely used any of them.

Get fucked faggots. DBS is hella charming and good

Not to mention it's more tasteful than Z on the whole. The direction of scenes, use of characters who are gokus friends, the fights themselves. I automatically disregard people who hate Super but like Z. If you hate Super you must hate most of dragonball universe plain and simple.

>His moveset is basically generic energy balls with "negative"energy
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_techniques_used_by_Syn_Shenron
He can also use all the techniques and abilities of the other Shadow Dragons.
Compare that to literally any other character.

>I don't know? A little bit more? It's okay to start with, but they didn't build anything on top of just "you use my balls too much"
He acted true to his purpose, what else should he do?
Try to conquer the universe just like any other generic villain?
His motivation was only to destroy the people that created him, even if people don't like that it doesn't make him generic especially not in DB.

>(which btw was never said or hinted beforehand that using Namekian-made balls creates evil dragons)
The Old Kai said that the Dragon Balls should not be abused.

>Freeza has MUCH more backstory than Omega...even Cell
Well obviosly, Omega was similar to Buu in that regard: an ancient evil.

This.

>How people can hate super but like Z
Because the fights in Super last minutes when the fights in Z (Kai) lasted longer. There was more value in the show, despite having run on nearly as long as Kai has at this point.

>implying taking 4 episodes to launch a spirit bomb that does absolutely nothing is a good thing that we need more of.

Yeah. Nice try kid.

I said Kai, not Z. Learn to read.

Not that guy, but giving Goku a new form only have to him fight in it for 3 minutes while the rest of the cast goes "Woah! Goku sure is cool!" for most of the episode was a massive letdown.

Except OP said childhood so he's obviously talking about Z, not Kai

Skip the movie retellings, watch the movies instead, and just start from the U6 tournament

>Implying the form isn't coming back

What people love about Cell
-His design (but really the first form)
-His voice actor in both English and Japanese
-The way Gohan owned and killed him

Cell as a character is extremely boring and bland. People do not like "Cell" as a character to be discussed because he doesn't really have a personality after the first form, but they do like his design and aesthetics

Just shut your brain off when watching it. It'show I enjoy it

You don't seriously think that was going to be the only time the form shows up do you? It was the "Omen" form. It's a preview.

>-The way Gohan owned and killed him
Gohan would have lost without Vegeta

>even his Spanish is getting weaker
Lost it right there.

Dragon Ball in general was never good. You fucks are blinded by nostalgia. It was the Naruto of its time

It was never good but it's worse now.

>-Omega Shenron's personality was basically a generic villain
>What does this even mean?

Freeza has the whole fake politeness thing going on. Cell brings Saiyan's battle lust and fake honor. Buu is dumb, then dumb sounding but actually smart, then just generic, then finally just completely insane.

Omega Shenlong is just... there. He's a generic evil type, with a generic strong voice without any really special trait related to his character to make him stand out.

Heck, if you look at Dragonball Super, something like Future Zamasu's personality could have worked perfectly for Omega Shenlong considering his origins, basically positioning himself as judging the mortals that abused the Dragonballs. But that wasn't really what was going on, he outright knew and considered his actions evil and was just doing what he wanted by attempting to destroy the entire galaxy for no reason.

So, the same shit since Raditz. What's the problem?

I hate his color scheme. Doesn't fit his design at all.

>The dragon ball dragons arc is better than all super
>villain of the week: the arc
>better than anything

When is the last time a big beam has ever killed someone in dragonball? A staple of the show and it works like 1/10 of the time.

>Villains who are just evil can't be good
Shit taste

>He can also use all the techniques and abilities of the other Shadow Dragons.
Which he rarely EVER did. So I guess the main problem here is that rarely utilized them.

> He acted true to his purpose, what else should he do?
It's not so much purpose itself but the fact that his personality was 100% his purpose.

Cell wanted to reach perfection, but his personality wasn't just that. He wa ls charming as well, meanwhile Omega was (again) behaved very generically evil.

> The Old Kai said that the Dragon Balls should not be abused.
In GT right before the arc, but okay I'll give you that

> Well obviosly, Omega was similar to Buu in that regard: an ancient evil.
And yet, Buu was way more fun...and with a much more diverse (and utilized) moveset.

Goku did kill Frieza with a Kamehameha. Wasn't that big, but it was a beam.
After Golden Frieza, there's only been 1 villain in DB. Hit and Jiren are more like rivals to Goku.

Is doing a beam struggle or yelling for episodes really a plus?

I prefer Z, but I'll admit Super has much better pacing

I hate how long it took them to get Namek in Z, but Super spent nearly 9 months building up to the ToP.

>I doubt I need an introduction, but just in case, I am the mighty Frieza, and yes, all the horrible stories you've heard are true.

Frieza had charisma. He brought an entire planet to its knees, murdered children, and in general did a wonderful job of making the viewer hate him and want to see him fall, on top of having a connection to both Goku and Vegeta. Frieza is the go to example for a completely, evil and despicable villain done well.

>I really don't understand how people can hate super and praise Z so highly

Z also had actual character arcs with Piccolo, Gohan, Trunks, and Vegeta and knew how to manage tension. People excuse Super's silliness because "that's how OG Dragon Ball was." This is wrong. Even prior to the appearance of Mercenary Tao Dragon Ball knew when to be serious and dramatic, like when Jackie Chun was seemingly forced to kill a transformed Goku, and when it wasn't it was genuinely funny.

At least shit was actually going on in the recruitment episodes.

Not just staring, stalling, yelling, long ass beam struggles, etc

No, we got some pretty interesting episodes (and I say interesting because they were out of the norm), and put secondary characters in the spot-light.

I know at the time, we just wanted the tournament to start already, but in retrospect there were some pretty fun episodes there

Webm related

>In GT right before the arc, but okay I'll give you that
He actually said that in the Buu arc.

Dan dan was the only good thing from gt

>There was no story for Freiza
>he was a powerful galactic tyrant who destroyed planet Vegita
I am always amazed when people make a claim then immediately contradict themselves.

The ED was good too

>Frieza is the go to example for a completely, evil and despicable villain done well.

and now he is pans second babysitter (picke is 1st)

Fuck no, the pre-ToP episodes were boring as fuck.

The only one I think he used was Nova's and that was just to survive Nova's attack.

Ok.

Blue Velvet was a really good ED

So this is what SSJ4 fags are like