Sooner or later, our society will be like star trek

a moneyless, worldwide federal meritocracy is the ticket. we'll have warp drive and replicators within a decade with this model. then we can start looking the ayys who will undoubtedly help us increase our understanding of ourselves and the universe. the near future will be glorious!

Attached: star_2_63546000.jpg (970x545, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ
sciencealert.com/graphene-levy-flights-limitless-power-future-electronic-devices
sciencenews.org/article/give-double-layer-graphene-twist-and-it-superconducts
arxiv.org/pdf/1701.08803.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wrong, it'll be like Harry Potter XDDDD

No it will be a wasteland of warring, illiterate, cannibals.

The future is babylon 5.

>a moneyless, worldwide federal meritocracy is the ticket
Any society that's truly meritocratic would be competitive enough to accept some sort of societal reward, which is what money is, and any society that deeply rejects currency/money would likely by dysgenic and also reject meritocracy.

You literally can't have it both ways.

Wrong it'll be crumbling distopa with a few oligachs owning everything.

Communism does not simply work friendo. Even in star trek universe you still need to build ships since you cannot just replicate them, same goes for their fuel and other rare elements. This means that you need to assign value to goods,labor and services, therefor you will still need money in framework of market economy.

Attached: 1411914544230.gif (200x224, 871K)

The future is now....but few actually get to see what’s behind the curtain.

Attached: 6986D009-5B37-4B1C-B9EB-F4FF99260424.jpg (292x370, 47K)

In the future' we'll be gone... 200,000 years from now someone will stumble on a monolithic structure built a million years ago and wonder, what happened to the builders?

you can't have Star Trek without white people, sorry

Meritocracy is not based on reward systems per say but structuring of hierarchy in any organization.

DO YOU EVEN WATCH RICCHARD AND MORTIMER

Meritocracy?! But that's RACIST!!!

Cool, so you're going to reward my merit with extra work and added responsibilities without any tangible, material gain.

Can you see how this is broken?

get out, leaf

What happens when the Dominion invades and you fags need a captain who can get the job done?

Attached: Dr. Noah DS9.png (576x432, 336K)

Real future is Warhammer 40k

Attached: Xenos BTFO.png (500x357, 279K)

After Roddenberry died even the writers of Star Trek admitted in Canon that the utopian vision of a cashless pacifist technocratic nonstate was nonsense. That for the whole history of the federation there existed a covert branch of Star fleet that acted as saboteurs, assassins, spies, and go betweens to destroy dangers to the Federation before its citizens knew they existed and could maintain the pretense of utopia.

Thus even the plot of Star Trek itself repudiated that such a system could ever survive on its own without a support system in contradiction to its stated beliefs

Attached: sisko_garak.jpg (1421x1078, 120K)

Until science and technology come up with a way to end scarcity (the replicator or universal constructor) this won't happen. Also consider that that things like dilithium crystals, which control the reaction in the warp drive core, don't exist, and were a scarce resource in the original series. by TNG times they were able to be replicated. But in much of the federation and outside of it, where replicator technology was not widespread, currency in the form of latinum (which cannot be replicated) was still widely used.

>The pyramids will still be standing 200,000 years from now while all remnants of civilization post Egypt shall have dissolved into the earth.

Most likely scenario if we don’t iskill ourselves as a species.

Attached: 97A35422-E955-44B4-9FDD-D8D707C9615C.jpg (710x823, 148K)

Give me a source dip shit.

>per say

You do realize there was this part where they had a global genocide by a small group of designer ubermensch babies?

Sure, after WW3, warp drive and replicators. You realize before Starfleet was made they had WW3 and the Eugenics wars in the starfleet timeline.

Andromeda was way better than Trek.

our society will be like a b-grade syndicated tv series?

>implying society wouldn't be like Hyperion

fuckin' pleb

Picard had some excellent speeches, but the first episode of The Next Generation had Data say something that I thought was so manifestly obvious that at the time I thought it ridiculous he would say it...

"no Earth citizen could be made to answer for the crimes of his race or forbearers"

What happened to our timeline that this must be made an actual real law?

Attached: rommeh.jpg (266x400, 25K)

Why do you think that Nobel price is so sought after in scientific community?

Far more likely, especially considering we've so far detected no evidence of other civilizations in our Galaxy. The two most obvious answers are that either nobody is there and we're alone, or others are out there but don't want to be found because they believe doing so would endanger them.

Which makes sense, all it takes is one paranoid civilization making it to the top first and lobbing an asteroid at near light speed at whichever planet it detects signals of intelligent life from

The only Star Trek you should ever watch is Classic. Women in mini skirts, Kirk is the Chad who bangs everything, Sulu is always the retard who gets mind controlled, and Uhura is the role model for all black women.

Attached: 919F46FA-5A10-48EF-AAFF-AE837E63EF2A.gif (300x225, 833K)

>post scarcity space fascism

>prime directive is racist

Nah, we'll be like the romulans

Not everyone can be motivated by a shiny medal.

it comes with a million dollar cash prize dumbass

Which is why 99.9% of the Federation's population is not in Star Fleet. The vast majority of people probably just sit around in holodecks all day 24/7. Aside from a few oddballs who do something equally useless like run a restaurant or an old vineyard.

For the tiny fraction of the population who can't make it without having something to do, you have Starfleet, participating in colonization efforts, or scientific missions/projects that have no real reason to exist aside from giving people busy work. Like terraforming planets when the Galaxy already has an pver abundance of perfectly habitable worlds, or trying to create a new continent on Earth even though population density still really isn't even that high.

Notice in the 23rd and 24th centuries of the Star Trek universe there are still clearly black, Asian and white people? The utopian universe of Star Trek must incorporate a separate place for every race, fucking makes you think, hell there are even Vulcan niggers (tuvok from voyager) that show other intelligent races back this. With the only amerimut being belona Torres (voyager again) who was portrayed as half Klingon anyways because any self respecting white human in the 24th century apparently prefers to have a Klingon waifu over a “human” nogg any day.

Attached: 4534D9FD-925D-4416-A4DE-D15780EC9C31.png (813x539, 134K)

You mean white guys in charge?

Ok.

Just look up Section 31

Yes and not everybody is motivated simply by monetary gain. In fact, I would much rather prefer that wages in certain professions(military and medical fields in particular) would be lowered so they would not be filled by money hungry careerists.

That would be cool if true. If.

Clearly this was not my point. Medals, notions of honor,duty etc. can also act as powerful motivators for even life threatening situations, sometimes more effectively than monetary gains.

But Starfleet is fascist
Ask any Ferengi they'll tell you user

Attached: 1504911983845.jpg (600x684, 94K)

>DUDE REAL LIFE IS LITERALLY STAR TREK LMAO

That's my point, there won't be anything left of modern man, but the monoliths in Peru, Turkey, and the pyramids in Egypt will remain a mystery of some unknown civilization that inhabited the planet in a previous age. The ruins will all be said to have been built by whoever replaces us, and they'll refuse to accept that they weren't the first "intelligent" species on the planet.

>Will be like Star Trek
I'm banking on a galaxy not unlike 40k.

have faith user. i've been to your magnificent capital and it is the precursor to a united earth.

Attached: Talas2153.jpg (292x356, 17K)

Three episodes of Deep Space Nine make it perfectly clear and it's stated in no uncertain terms by both Agent Sloan and Admiral Ross that Section 31 exists as the Federations analog of thr Obsidian Order and the Tal Shiar carrying out assassination, interrogation, and sabotage to defend the federation from assessed threats before "traditional" Starfleet becomes aware of them.

See "Section 31","In the Pale Moonlight" and "Inter arma enim silent leges" on memory Alpha wiki

As I recall there is also an episode of Enterprise that tangentially involved the formation of Section 31 during the signing of the Federation Charter

Riker literally fucking just murders people when he wants to.
he's done it more than once, and fucks everything he can.
I can live with these rules.
youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ

ITT

Attached: 1515099198106.jpg (317x159, 8K)

Probably more like the Expanse
>tfw will never fight the Earth SJW's in the name of Mars

Attached: 1405061583184.png (455x410, 39K)

Attached: Identifying_Heresy.jpg (500x661, 137K)

Great job they did against those neck worms that took over the entirely of Starfleet command, Section 31 is a bunch of useless hacks who accomplish nothing but perpetuating their own existence. No different than the CIA today really.

You're fucking retarded. Star Trek wasn't money-less. There were the have and have nots. They we're all aboard a State controlled star ship. When you are deployed on an aircraft carrier you get food for free and you have your free room, but you still get paid. Every time the Enterprise stopped at a world that was a tourism destination and the crew got shore leave they would spend credits for goods. Shit even the original series the first trouble with tribbles episode the girl bought the tribble for 10 credits.

Let's go. I'm ready for Deanna's thic ass.

Attached: image.jpg (694x530, 53K)

>Which makes sense, all it takes is one paranoid civilization making it to the top first and lobbing an asteroid at near light speed at whichever planet it detects signals of intelligent life from

Which is why our leaders were absolutely retarded sending out a message with our fucking solar system and DNA structure into space, hopefully no one got a hold of it.

Attached: Autism.gif (800x747, 202K)

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Where has this meme come from

>sciencealert.com/graphene-levy-flights-limitless-power-future-electronic-devices
>By Thibado's calculations, a single ten micron by ten micron piece of graphene could produce ten microwatts of power

We have infinite energy.

Everyone can reward themselves with infinite power.

We have superconductors;

>sciencenews.org/article/give-double-layer-graphene-twist-and-it-superconducts

>arxiv.org/pdf/1701.08803.pdf
>New technologies are now being developed that involve high- power lasers firing at 1gram solar sails in near-Earth orbits, accelerating them to 20% the speed of light (c) within minutes

Use the graphene to generate energy to power a laser, to shoot the graphene to eject the electrons which provide propulsion.

>Until science and technology come up with a way to end scarcity (the replicator or universal constructor) this won't happen

Done.

Star Trek isn't a moneyless society. It's a post scarcity society. Luxury goods still cost money. At least google it first, you fuck.

THREAD

Credits were mentioned a single time in TNG era and that was only during the pilot episode. Every other time the Federation's economic situation is explored, it is a wealth free utopia built around their capacity for near-infinite energy to run replicators that can make anything you could ever possibly want for free.

why did they get rid of her fucking skirts?

BRAP

Attached: actress-marina-sirtis-arrives-for-the-european-charity-premiere-of-picture-id828575328[1].jpg (561x1024, 293K)

>what is gold pressed latnum

Niggers in space

A.) it comes with a million dollar prize so there's that

B.) prestige and the respect of your peers are an analogue for power which is an analogue of wealth. They are all related to one another.

Even the Soviets had to abandon egalitarianism long before the fall of the Warsaw Pact. As early as the late 50s, politburo members, scientists, state journalists, economists, and loyal party bosses got access to hard currency stores unavailable to other soviet citizens where luxuries were available for purchase without waiting for 10 hours.

Even the communists couldn't manage it

where do you think?

Attached: 1517405794600.gif (1221x768, 699K)

One doses not simply 'Watch' Rick and Morty

That is impossible. There will always be money.

They thought she looked like a space cheerleader. Which was fine with me but the higher ups nixed the skirts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't even star trek have a currency of credits to replace money? not too familiar with the franchise

Does Digits Doe

she looked good, especially when i was younger

Attached: gayniggers.jpg (397x567, 105K)

A Ferengi delusion that the Federation allows to persist in order to prevent their society from imploding overnight. There is no logical reason the stuff shouldn't be able to be replicated.

>building and maintaining Paradise on Earth isn't enough for him
>he also needs worthless paper dollars

wew

reminder barrack obama one the nobel peace prize for droning children for 8 years

the seemed to have gotten rid of all the skirts

Attached: Dlkhtu.jpg.png (400x400, 285K)

Nobody talks about race because literally every shit from every race died in eugenics wars. Reality is a meme, I doubt it's far off the horizon now

>In Star Trek TNG , crew lead by white men and non-white act like white men

>Lib fag think this is what happening in America when non-white still act like savage

No , America will be third world country like rest of cursed continent

it's the what is in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction, this is now going to be cannon when the new Star Trek comes out

That's exactly what I told /pol you thought, liberal.
Thanks for the validation. KYS now your purpose is served, nerdlinger.

>society will be like star trek
I don't know how to break this to you faggot, but Star Trek isn't real.

Sadly, I actually agree with that assessment.

Moving humanity through the stars to conquer foreign worlds will probably take unbelievable amounts of human suffering and death.

Star Trek Money
>different job skills
>different job risk
>radiation created by having things
>space taken up non ships by having things
>time choice of individuals
>different value resulting from time choice
>different time wasted
>limited space on planets
>disagreements about allocating time and resources

honestly star trek is a retarded commie meme.

Then you don't get enough people to fill demand, and just because you're not offering fantastic pay doesn't mean in your system the people you DO get are necessarily selfless exemplars, they might just be people looking job security.

You offer big financial perks for being a doctor or officer for good reason; its a difficult job that requires massive time investment in learning to even start being effective and is often hazardous to your health. Only a very odd type of person would commit to that for no gain, and you can't fill the need for skilled doctors, surgeons, nurses, and field officers with those rare oddballs

Yeah, But they don't have lunchables.
Pyrrhic victory.

DELETE THIS NOW

The problem with money is that there will be people that spend their entire time working out how to exploit the system instead of making something or selling a service that deserves to be rewarded with money. If you could have the latter without the former using money would be the tits. Until you have sentient AI currency you are not going to have a system of money free from human deviousness.

Lol. Star Trek is pure fantasy and techno-babble.

The Borg were actually the good guys of Star Trek, accomplishing communism and going even further beyond by eradicating individuality.

Really though, something like a combination of the Culture and the Borg is the correct answer. Organic life will be seeded by the machine across the galaxy - designed by unfathomable intelligences to fulfill every niche and turn a dead universe into a living one. But it should exist in perfect harmony and perfect communication with itself and with strongly-superhuman AI.

Bump

A few years ago I'd laugh at you, but the possibility of fusion and fucking nonmachines within a decade is real now. I do not believe it will be a utopia, but it's going to be interesting how the dynamics of everything change thanks to new technology.

>Only a very odd type of person would commit to that for no gain, and you can't fill the need for skilled doctors, surgeons, nurses, and field officers with those rare oddballs
You can when you are talking about thousands of planets worth of population to draw from. They have no shortage of candidates for every field, I mean they turn away the majority of people who even want to try getting into Starfleet academy.

This.
When I was a kid I thought we were heading to a future similar to Star Trek, but now I'm convinced that it'll be more like Mad Max.

we'll soon be able to replicate bologna and the best part is that we will take it into outerspace and possibly share it with aliens.

Attached: 1481415649380.jpg (628x617, 66K)

Every Admiral and politician in the start trek universe (with the exception of when the main characters got promoted) was corrupt to the core.

>The mind on Marxism

Isn't the future this man envisions disgusting? a life free of individuality, free of struggle, of accomplishment. People who want to turn humanity into a collective consciousness are really the lowest forms of life on Earth.