Oniisama E

What does Sup Forums think of Oniisama E?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/aafcf103fldl5xd/Kentaro Haneda - Oniisama e... Soundtrack [MP3 320].zip
a.pomf.cat/xmenhn.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A wild fucking ride, that's for sure.

Never expected an anime about lesbian high school drama to be one of the wildest I've ever seen.

I always think about how insane it would be if it aired today, and Sup Forums watched it weekly.

What the fuck were the pills that Rei took? And why the fuck did she chew them?

It'd be glorious. I wonder what people would think of the lake scene.

>none of the newfags here have even seen it
Shameful

Mariko knows how to deal with bullies.

I want to marry Mariko!

It really was. Also Shinobu is best girl.

>not showing the stabbing
Best scene. She really had it coming, if anyone ever did.

My all time favorite.
There is just so much to appreciate and think about.

So does Kaoru no Kimi.

I thought it was pretty good myself

A good friend.

For the most part the shows atmosphere really takes you in despite the melodrama, but anyone have a few moments of unintentional laughter? For me:
>Rei raping Nanako with a cigarette and her tripping balls from it
>when the bully bitch tries to walk into the fucking sea

She was too pure for that school

I've only read the manga but I thought it was just okay. It had some good ideas but I kinda feel like it lacked impact, like it kinda glazed over events in a couple pages rather than building up suspense.
Is the anime better in comparison?

The best!

In that sense the anime is much better yes. It's 39 episodes and expands on and adds a lot. The ending is pretty different though. Rei gets some happiness before dying accidentally, Kaoru no Kimi is still alive in the ending.

I don't know man, I sympathised a bit with Aya, what she did to Mariko was terrible but it was a good last show of how deep the damage the sorority did to those girls was.
Halloween helped too.

2014 OST
mediafire.com/file/aafcf103fldl5xd/Kentaro Haneda - Oniisama e... Soundtrack [MP3 320].zip

Yeah I felt for her too, just trying to walk into the ocean out of despair seemed a little much for what had actually happened. I doesn't bother me when Mariko has those impulsive, dramatic suicide attempts since it's very well established how unstable she is, but despite her "we're not so different" speech about Aya, trying to drown yourself over what she was dealing with at the time seemed a little silly to me.

Bitch could have at least left Halloween out of it, what if he couldn't find his way home by himself?

Did anyone else not really feel the storyline with Kaoru and the Oniisama? It wasn't out of nowhere or anything but the few flashbacks they gave weren't really enough to make me care about their relationship all that much. Might have just been burned out after the Rei episodes though, and I was glad to see best girl get some happiness.

Great scene. I saw it coming but still froze up when the knife started clicking.

Her reaction was so ridiculous and yet also completely in character.

Mariko is cute!

Too bad they both go het in the end.

Aya had it coming, but anyone else thing Miya-sama wasn't doing anything wrong by expelling her from the sorority? No matter how good her reason was, you can't just stab someone without severe consequences. Only natural you'd get kicked out of any prestigious organization you were in.

Agreed. Though Kaoru was never into her in that way.

And yet somehow Takashi and Mariko felt more natural than Kaoru and Takehiko.

>I love you Kaoru
>I love you too, but I cannot be with you because I have cancer!
>I don't care, I still love you
>No fuck off
>Come with me to Germany
>no
>please?
>no
>pretty please
>YES
Dumbest plot

When did Boris get here?

We got to see their relationship progress in a few episodes, unlike Kaoru and Takehiko. There were flashbacks that showed that they were together, then she broke up with him for a retarded reason.
>Dumbest plot
This.

Nanako is cute and feminine!

Short hair Nanako >>>>>> long hair Nanko.

>loving someone who isn't Rei
Absolute garbage.

Kaoru is such a great girl outside of that too, its a shame.

They never got to see their sunset. ;_;

Rei should have just let the fucking flowers go goddammit.

Who the fuck even makes promises and proceeds to die the very next day? Rei a shit. ;_;

>One Seeder
Come on now, you cunts

Is it wrong that I had sympathy for Miya-sama by the end?

I know right? What a fucking bitch.

I thought her death was too forced and sudden to make me cry. I was wrong.

Fuck oniisama for not protecting his imouto

It's now 7. Thanks, cunts

Kaoru is indeed great.
No, even though she deserved what she got.

Seemed like towards the end she finally realized despite everything, Rei was the only person she'd ever had a real connection with in her life, and was trying to reach out to her. Then she died.

What gets me the most isn't even people dying, but rather their close ones letting go and moving on with their lives. Of course you cannot expect a young girl to lock herself away and mourn for her brief lesbian crush 'til the day she dies, and yet that line was still a bit of a punch in the gut.

This. It's fine for Nanako to move on, but don't end the series with that line. It doesn't even matter if it was actually a girl somehow, I just don't want Rei to be forgotten.

That crunching sound triggered me every time.

a.pomf.cat/xmenhn.webm

Someone should have taught Rei how to take pills the REAL way.

An absolute classic.

I want to suck Kaoru's removed cancer titty.

Me too.

What an underrated gem, it's a shame so few people here even know what it is.

The Onii-sama was a Gary Stu

This

Kaoru was legitimately the best girl, but that whole romance plot was pants on head retarded.

I agree completely. At least the resolution of Nanako's family issues was wrapped in there to keep everything from going completely shit.

Her struggling in home economics classes was the cutest thing.

>I hate you Rei
>Rei becomes an hero
>Why would she do this? I loved her!
I just skimmed the manga. Miyasama seems way more retarded.

Nanako is cuter.

Arguably one of the most beautiful girls of the 90's.

Nanako is cuter, Mariko is sexy. But yeah, Nanako had an old fashioned sort of feminine charm you don't see too much anymore in anime.

Both Ikeda and Dezaki are consistently able to make 10/10 girls and I have no idea how.

>Nanako had an old fashioned sort of feminine charm you don't see too much anymore in anime.
thanks for that, hate feminine women

But why? Anime girls are usually feminine anyway, just differently.

>Anime girls are usually feminine anyway
that's why i usually don't watch the anime starring those.
>But why?
I just hate them. There are exeptions, of course, if otherwise female charcter is done well, but feminity will still be a huge flaw.

Wish I hadn't deleted the 1080p release I had after rewatching it.

I'm just curious what you don't like about them, or what makes one done well.

I generally hate feminine women too, but Nanako drives me wild for reasons I can't fully explain.

Nanako has a top cute design. She isn't feminine in bitchy kind of way, and instead of "she is feminine because she is nice and likes to cook", she has a charmingly girlish, innocent, sentimental personality to go with it.

I'll try to explain.
>what you don't like about them
They're too submissive, passive, meak, weak, always crying, need someone to save them, usually don't have any interesting character trate to compensate for aforementioned flaws. Also i don't like women in a dress. Aesthetically unappealing to me. And this whole "purity" and innocence shit that goes with this feminine stuff is fucking annoying.
>what makes one done well.
At the very least not mentioning, emphasizing or accenuating how feminine, delicate, good at cooking, good of a wife they will make or pure they are every fucking time a character is having her screen time. And, well, actually making a well written character that just happen to be female, instead of a "female" character, with all the bullshit that goes with it when "female" part comes first. A good example would be Yona and Shuurei. Still, less feminine, the better

It's in my top 5, absolutely love it. Tomoko a best.

If I liked Oniisama would I like Versailles too? Would my friend who loves Versailles like Oniisama?

>he didn't watch Versailles first
What the fuck, user? Get to it right now.

Also, I've never seen a person that likes Oniisama e, but doesn't like ROV. I have seen people who like ROV, but not Oniisama, though.

Does anyone have a webm of the scene of Nanako trying to jump off a building? (pretty sure that happened, it's been a while though).

>If I liked Oniisama would I like Versailles too?
Depends on what you liked in Oniisama. If you liked well developed, not stereotypical female characters, then RoV takes it up to eleven by giving us one of the best characters in fiction ever (Oscar). If so, then i'd say there's a good chance you'll like RoV.
>Would my friend who loves Versailles like Oniisama?
Less likely, but not impossible. The pacing and the atmosphere are very different, especially noticable if coming from RoV to Oniisama. Both are amazing nevertheless. Same mangaka/director, after all.

Nanako never tried to jump off a building. The closest I can think of is when the sorority girls almost made her fall off one.

But Oniisama is better than RoV

not really, but you do you.

According to I'd have been disappointed by Oniisama if I watched ROV first.

>yuri show
>doesn't even have yuri
Into the trash it goes.

Debatable.

It's objectively better in terms of animation, but the melodrama requires you to suspend your disbelief more for it to fit the setting, than you do in ROV.

Both are Dezaki's two best works, however.

Oniisama feels less melodramatic as things are given context throughout the series though.

>According to I'd have been disappointed by Oniisama if I watched ROV first.
Well, disapointed would be a huge overstatement, rather you might find characters a little underwhelming at the begining, which is hardly suprising, cause hardly any character can measure up to Oscar imo, but give them a little time and they might pleasantly suprise you, and keep in mind that i wrote that from my experience, and yours might differ, and you'd be doing yourself a great disservice if you don't try Oniisama for yourself.

>Both are Dezaki's two best works, however.
And Ikeda's as well.

This

And by the time all the context is provided, there's less than 10 episodes left. In ROV, the melodrama is immediately justified by the setting alone, to the point where it barely feels melodramatic.

Let's not forget there is at least one moment for everyone in Oniisama e that's unintentionally comedic, relativevon your tolerance of melodrama. ROV doesn't have that hurdle to enjoyment to overcome.

That's a good thing though, Oniisama is like putting a puzzle together bit by bit.

One or two moments of unintentional comedy isn't a huge deal either.

>Too bad they both go het in the end.
literaly the worst thing about this manga/anime. Seeing Kaoru with make-up, with a guy, ready to be a fucking housewife enraged me to no end.

On the bright side, even in the anime she still gas two years left for the cancer to come back and end this bullshit.

Why is this show called Oniisama when it's about girls and yurilust?

Because the framing device of the show is that the MC is writing everything in letters to her (not blood related) Oniisama.

But Kaoru was straight the whole time. The only remotely gay thing she ever did was sleeping naked with Rei while she was feverish that one time. Kaoru becoming a housewife felt pretty off though.

Reading the spoilers made me not really want to watch it but I love the art style so it ended up in my backlog.

I miss the Sugino/Araki influenced styles. It's genuinely my favourite artstyle.