Can you explain any of this? Our economy is going to crash again because of all these horrible policies

Can you explain any of this? Our economy is going to crash again because of all these horrible policies.

I think only Democrats know how to plan economies and bring them to growth and prosperity and happiness.

Attached: 28872475_1970979126328465_2292065929164647891_n.png (640x640, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_policies_and_the_subprime_mortgage_crisis#The_Housing_and_Community_Development_Act_of_1992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Companies are just whining that they will have to start paying people a living wage again and that they will have to support the countries that they sell products to.

In Denmark, Lego is currently panicking because they used to build their coloured toy plastic bricks for peanuts in Mexico and then sell them to Americans. Effectivily moving jobs away from the American toy industry and into Mexico in order to make a profit themselves.

But now, if Trump goes forward with the tariff, Lego will have to open factories in America, creating jobs for Americans and paying taxes to the American state. That is, if Lego wants to earn money from the American customers.

>occupy democrats arguing against tariffs

Lol, I thought tariffs were for the democrats and pro government crowd?

Anyways, the US gov has been funded purely by Tariffs up until 1913, when it was replaced with the Federal Income tax, note the Fed Reserve was set up shortly after...The US completely stopped Tariffs after WW2, as an act of good will/faith for rebuilding European and Asian countries. By the 70's that policy should have ended, and you began to see the rust belt being hollowed out ultimately eclipsing in NAFTA. The US is the LEAST protectionist country. The rest of the world has been eating for free at our expense, sure it may start a "trade war", but faggot you're already in one, and its about time we go in on the attack.

Uncontrolled markets gave us the great depression. Deregulation on banks gave us the great recession.

Two negatives multiplied equal a positive tho. Can libshits even math?

>wanting free trade + high taxes

In what fucking system would this ever work? Are these people out of their mind?

epic fail!

Deutsche bank collapsing, taking down the entire banking sector, due to punitative measures enacted because Germany lost WWI is what caused the Great Depression. For fuck's sake do you even history?

i know very little about economics, but the first two sentences in that shitty meme are completely false.

Bill Clinton's housing bill gave us the great depression that led to the banking crisis as well as the housing crisis leading to the stock market crash. Obama's mandated healthcare tax drove jobs away and gave us more real unemployment -- which is why it is so hard to find a fucking full time job these days, most have to resort to two shitty part time jobs.

FDR never ended the depression through domestic policy. Going to war was the only way it ended. Also that's a retarded meme because we are not currently in a depression or recession.

We don't make anything though.

How could a trade war possibly help the average American?

Yes. False equivalence. The last recession was caused by de-regulation of financial institutions.
I’d bother explaining more, but you’re off making more shit threads.

>we are in a depression and a recession

All of my what

No one can stop this Cheeto Benito!

>Kennedy tax cuts give us enough wealth to eliminate material poverty completely and establish a welfare state

>Reagan Tax cuts powersurge the economy after a decade of flounders

I'll agree with you that tariffs are extremely fucking stupid, but tax cuts both individual and corporate allow for more tax revenues from the government and better competition internationally and attracts more investment.

Attached: images.jpg (500x375, 31K)

great depression was caused by US banks being bankrupted after the wall street crsh, not muh tarriffs. and it was bank deregulation which fed into the recession, not muh tax cuts

Attached: 1474238982285.jpg (391x376, 52K)

>be Democrat
>be against tariffs

What the fuck?

>being stupid enough to believe either of those statements

hmm

>tarrifs gave us the great depression
kek

So dems want infinite job loss to foreign trade barriers with no reprisal AND high taxes? Wow, I'm sure that will go over well in the midterms.

>How could a trade war possibly help the average American?
>We don't make anything though.

Remember the part about bringing manufacturing back?

Anyone else notice Dems have given up attacking the tax cuts?
Now that unions came out in support of the tariffs. where are Dems?

All those Dem faggots occupy are each others' assholes.

Wouldn’t import tariffs also encourage more investment on American soil?

Its government interference that gave us the recession by forcing banks to give subprime mortgages to risky customers, which they promptly sold off because they were shit

Attached: D730EA2F-8BBF-4579-B4D5-BA31005B5A2E.gif (445x642, 807K)

Tariffs are bad for (((them))) and good for the average worker

They're butthurt as fuck that they have to pay a few extra cents per KG of steel to keep the domestic steel and aluminum industries afloat

The price of these tariffs won't even be felt by the average consumer - the cost per beer can is a fraction of a cent

Attached: goptaxcuts.jpg (906x630, 275K)

Wait wait wait, how did the government force banks to loan money to people who wouldn't pay it back?

Fed + prohibition did more to create the great depression than tariffs

>limp-wristed stock investors and massive surplus gave us the great depression
>big banks gave us the great recession

Some bill passed under clinton forced banks to give mortgages to minorities, which wouldn't have been a huge deal but these same loans were classified as AAA 10/10 will never collapse surefire investment

> (OP)
>>limp-wristed (((stock investors))) and massive surplus gave us the great depression
>>(((big banks))) gave us the great recession

FTFY

>forced banks to give mortgages to minorities
Oh, that's rich.

The banks clearly knew they would just get a bailout, anyways.

Obamaleaf? I-is that you??

Attached: 1520632868798.gif (269x164, 1.33M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_policies_and_the_subprime_mortgage_crisis#The_Housing_and_Community_Development_Act_of_1992

Very strange ways to spell jews.

People are blindly accepting the assumption that the steel tariffs will protect at least some jobs in the long term, but this isn't guaranteed. The reason for this is because many manufacturers that are currently using steel don't necessarily have to use steel. If the price of steel became too high it could make sense for them to switch to another resource like plastic or aluminum or wood in order to make their products. A specific example of this happening would be Red Ryder BB guns. They used to be made of steel but it became too expensive so they started switching to plastics.

If this were to happen on a large scale it could severely damage the industry, making it worse than before it was helped with the consumer taxes.

Learn about the history of the Federal Reserve and then come back

The us doesn't make knick knacks.

The us makes stuff like super computers, jet engine components, etc. High dollar, in demand stuff that must be precise. As such, the USA only lost to China in terms of production in the last decade.

This. Clinton fucked us into the Great Recession. Saged.

Actually its true, same thing is happening here in Australia. Government rocks up and tell the big banks who they should lend to and changes their lending standards.

Obama and Clinton did it in the US, we are talking about people without jobs, people in debt, nigger households and so on. They would pass no credit check on the fucking planet besides Venezuela, Zimbabwe or South Africa, know what I mean?

Neither are true.

Speculation on wide margin with limited rules gave us the great depression.

Giving loans to people with no money gave us the great recession.

Fuck Occupy Democrats is my explanation

I'd agree tariffs are a bad thing. They only prop up certain industries and hurt others. In no way did they cause the great depression. That is revisionist history nonsense.

Tax cuts have never cause any form of economic downtown. Tax cuts simply allow people and businesses to keep more of their own money.

all fields

i don't know which is more retarded here. That it's a Leaf posting, That it is using an Occupy Democrats shitmeme, or that the economics and history of it is pretty much shit.

Attached: look-of-disappointment-300x199.jpg (300x199, 12K)

giving loans to people who will use it to create more businesses causes recessions?

I would love to see them try and prove that tax cuts led to the government forcing banks to give mortages to unemployed niggers, just fucking go ahead and try.

What is this, historical revisionism week or someshit?

Loaning money to people with low incomes to buy expensive houses doesn't work.

Lowering the loan standards in order to keep the loan business afloat doesn't work.

Selling people teaser rates on the notion that they will always be able to resell their homes later for money money before the loan resets REALLY didn't work.

The crash happened because the people who designed the complex CDO's based all of their assumptions on the idea that the average american isn't a credit criminal. They were wrong.

Attached: Loan_Reset.gif (493x363, 8K)

Tax cuts gave us recession? Are you some sort of a retard?

Worry about your own country, faggot.

This is the correct answer. Government interference props up companies, and then when the government help leaves the markets crash.

Are you asking how the government has the power to make someone do something...?

Correct. Banks knew they couldn't fail because if they did fail from giving out loans to people who couldn't pay them back, the government would just step in, essentially it was government insured loans. Then when the government didn't bail out Lehman Bros, everyone pulled their money from the market and everything tanked.

Steel tariffs are about war and the ability to produce steel and aluminum domestically if necessary

Shut your whore mouth leaf. You don't know shit about economy.

I hear LEGO sales were down last year. Doesnt surpirse me when kits for KIDS are like $100 or more

Funny, it's almost like the government should spend less.

>no one questions why it took 8 years to get out of a recession

Which is why the government has already been protecting a small portion of the steel industry. This country has never been in danger of losing the ability to produce tanks and that's not to mention the fact that the steel industry was stable and growing before the tariffs were announced.

Attached: BC14C415-5341-4EA3-801A-4F1F1665AEE3.jpg (373x327, 48K)

False. The great depression was caused by stocks being based on borrowed money and investors only paying a fraction of the total price of a stock. This “buying on margin” made it so when stocks fell, margin buyers would have to put up more money and sell more cheap stocks in order to pay off brokers. Thousands of people selling stocks that were only bought at a fraction caused it to crash.

Housing bubble and Iraq War gave us the great recession
World War 1 and the massive debts incurred during this time led to the great depression. Fuck liberals

>Smoot-Hawley tariffs caused the great depression
This has been debunked. That bill increased tariffs across a broad range of goods, but it was a very small increase that was nominal, or in other words, the percentage increase in tariffs was not statistically significant in size compared to the existing tariff level.
The real cause of the great depression has been pinned as tight monetary policy carried out by the federal reserve, which had only been empowered recently at that time.
The fact of the matter is that the business cycle is naturally boom and bust. The U.S. had been through many recessions in its history without being worse for wear. It was only after the federal reserve was established that the great depression came into being.

Why do I have to explain what they are saying? They did not explain either of those statements, but are assuming them to be true.

Can you explain how Tariffs created the great depression?

Can you explain how Tax Cuts gave us the great depression?

Until you explain how your points are true, I will not refute them as there is nothing to refute.