Robot×Laserbeam
Hinomaru Zumou
Spring Weapon Number One (CP)
Shoodan!
Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (Twice?)

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
Cover, Lead CP: Golem Hearts (New Series)
CP: Gintama, Shokugeki no Souma, Full Drive

Pure ranking

01 One Piece c.877
02 Bokuben c.029
03 Black Clover c.123
04 Saiki c.257
05 Dr. Stone c.025
06 Hero Academia c.151
07 Haikyu c.268
08 Gintama c.649
09 Yuna c.077
10 Robot c.023
11 Hinomaru c.159
12 Shudan c.012
13 Soma c.229
14 Cross Account c.011

>02 Bokuben c.029
Huh...

>Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
popularity
o
l
l

Why did you use upscaled image?

>02 Bokuben c.029
So nips like autist girl who tries to steal someone else's first kiss even though she barely knows the meaning behind that?

>Shudan above Soma
RIP soccer midgets

>> 02 Bokuben c.029

Who did this?

>銀魂(人気投票結果発表))
>鬼滅人気投票 応募総数26105票
>青春人気投票結果は1月発売の週刊少年ジャンプにて
Gintama's final popularity poll results are coming next issue.
Kimetsu had a whopping 26,105 votes for its poll. Only short of Haikyuu's first one by around 200 votes.
Spring Weapon poll results are coming in January.

Holy fuck BokuBen stronk.
Anime when?

>tries to steal someone else's first kiss
She already took his first, though. She just wants to replicate the results through further experimenting.

>02 Bokuben c.029
Sasuga nips and their shit taste; they didn't like the brilliant chapter 28 but loved 29.
>13 Soma c.229
JUST
They're gonna hate the next few chapters.

Took about year and a half for Yuuna to get an anime. I guess it'll take roughly the same amount for an anime to even be considered for Bokuben. If it lasts that long.

>26000 votes
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BLACK CLOVER FANS

>He doesn't like a yamato nadeshiko autist girl who can cook, do finance, is tiny and have big tits.

FAGGOTS NOT WELCOMED

To be fair, last week's chapter had some tough competition.

I can't see it getting an anime before Neverland...or Kimetsu...or Robot...or Dr Stone...

>people thought the Kimetsu poll results took forever because of lack of interest
>it's actually because fujos love it and spammed their favorite characers

naruhodo

I'm honestly surprised Neverland hasn't gotten an anime announcement yet. There's enough material for a one cour season.
Maybe next year.

>14 Cross Account c.011

>02 Bokuben c.029
>13 Soma c.229
Jump you really expect anyone to believe this shit?

>Took about year and a half for Yuuna to get an anime
>Yuuna
Which Yuuna are you talking about?

You're assuming Yuragi's getting an anime though. I'd just wait til Festa before saying it's getting one for sure.

Why would they rush an anime of Neverland? It's already popular.

Doing one already would kill second season chances if it's popular.

>12 Shudan c.012
LIVE

You're only going to hurt yourself more in the long-run, user.

Did Hungry Marie get the axe? Or did it die off a while ago, haven't really been paying attention

>9825 votes
>half of those votes were from Jump's editorial department
Really makes your mana flow.

Ended last week.

Did anyone read Tomatoypoo no Lycopene last week? It was pretty good but I don't think it's going to last any longer than a year.

They gave it the axe last week.

Will the mangaka ever work again?

Average ranking of last 8 weeks

01 One Piece 01.71
02 Neverland 02.87
03 Dr. Stone 03.31
04 Black Clover 03.80
05 Kimetsu 04.61
06 Bokuben 05.51
07 Saiki 05.73
08 Haikyu 06.78
09 Hero Academia 07.17
10 Robot 07.50
11 Yuna 08.05
12 Hinomaru 08.05
13 Soma 08.59
14 Hunter 09.71
15 Gintama 10.72
16 No. 01 11.35
17 Shudan 13.15
18 Cross Account 14.26
19 Marie 14.42

It got a few chuckles out of me, though I only got some of the jokes because of Viz explaining them in the translator notes.

>03 Black Clover c.123
>13 Soma c.229

I'm lost. We know that the ToC can be tampered with, but why would Shokugeki be that low when the anime is airing? Maybe to make it look less obvious?

Black Clover being in the top 3 next week would be total bullshit given that Dr.Stone, Hero Academia, Neverland and Shokugeki (color page, so it won't count) had much better chapters. Even Haikyu got its shit together. I'd love to see how chapter 129 of Black Clover ranks in a few weeks, though. That was a pretty good chapter.

>but why would Shokugeki be that low when the anime is airing
Those results are from weeks ago.

I believe it just got a reprint, so it's safe for now.

>02 Bokuben c.029
>05 Dr. Stone c.025
YES
>12 Shudan c.012
LIVE PLEASE

I'm surprised Souma ranked that low considering it featured the return of best boy Shinomiya. Maybe his shoujo chapter with Meguimi next week will rank better.

With Golem Hearts next week, that will be Jump back to 20 series.

Meaning Cross Account is safe until Hunter x Hunter comes back (unless readers really despise Full Drive/Golem Hearts), and Shudan surviving unless World Trigger also returns.

>(unless readers really despise Full Drive/Golem Hearts)
How bad would either of those have to be to rank below Cross Account?

/sci/ stronk

they'll probably get shuffled off to some other magazine or Jump+, with less expectations

>I only got some of the jokes because of Viz explaining them in the translator notes
I get the feel that you westerners only understand most of the jokes without the tl notes if theyre particularly well versed in current trends in japan. But it's strange because I thought the metahumor would be more suitable for jump sq rather than wsj.

Can you imagine how horribly will chapter 30 rank after the fakeout?
Or will cicada-kun save the chapter?

Not for at least another year. Weekly Jump series don't really get an anime announced until the 80-100 chapter mark or later. It usually takes that long to prove it's worth the time and money for an anime, negotiate the rights, and accumulate sufficient material.

>13 Soma c.229
The tournament arc is mistake, even the shitty promotion exam ranked better than this.

>fujos
I don't know what you're talking about, user. This series is nothing but good pure boys

Yes, I know that. But like I said, we know that they can change the positioning of series on the ToC as they see fit. Wouldn't want to have all their series with anime adaptions currently airing somewhere high on the ToC?

Seems like people may not have cared much for the Chisaki chapter. It did seems kinda weak.

I'm honestly more interested in the reception of /cgl/.

>12 Shudan c.012
A-atleast it is above Soma now.

There was nothing wrong with the chapter. Stop being such a fucking tool

Does this mean we gonna see more /sci/ chapters? Damn, I just want to see my solo /lit/ chapter ;_;

>13 Soma c.229
New editor will save us r-r-right?

Best Girl is still two weeks away.

I just thought it was kinda lesser on the fanservice, which is a major selling point. It felt like they weren't going in too hard in the comedy part either. It wasn't that bad. And I guess the way I said it made it seem like it was on the bottom, rather than just lower middle

You have to believe, brother. Never lose hope.

>Chisaki chapter
>kinda weak
What do you expect off a girl whose tits are bigger than her personality.

I'm pretty sure it got a stay of execution when Isobee ended. Golem Hearts starting will only bring them up to 20 series running, so they don't need to end another series to make room. If HxH actually returns this calendar year, they'll probably need to make room for it in the next couple months. Otherwise unless Shudan or Cross Account looks like they're about to end, that's probably it for this round.

>02 Bokuben
Holy fuck

If anything, did pretty average for ghostits.
When we have a Hibari chapter usually ranks lower than that.

>02 Bokuben c.029
>/sci/ chapter is best ranked chapter ever
What does it mean???

Yeah, I mighta just been comparing it to last weeks' or something, not that it was particularly high. There was definitely a streak of lower chapters for a while, but it seems to have normalized again.

Well, apparently Full Drive's title logo looked like something off deviantart, so I'm not sure sure it's gonna be ironic or just bad.

Soma got new editor? Why?

That's obviously just a quick sketch, not the official logo.

That fucking bird is more popular than the rest of the characters lmao

How can Asta be the most popular?

Wasn't that the Momo talks shit chapter?

I'm expecting a completely generic mediocre shounen sports series

It was handled quite nicely, I can't speak for the japs, but I would say it will rank 4th or 5th, I'm more nervous about Komi

Kinda tells you who the demographic is

The MC for every battle shounen series is lmost always the most popular, it doesn't really say anything about the audience

>tfw Lycopene got a real Instagram.

Next chapter won't be ranked.

>Neverland
>Kimetsu
>Stone
>Bokuben
>Robot
a good bunch of new series are becoming successful, surprisingly

>02 Bokuben c.029
I cannot wait for the TOC next week

>02 Bokuben c.029
Did they like the fake plot development or did they just like /sci/?

Next week, if it still is high, then /sci/ is indisputably the most popular girl.

Given the primary audience I reckon they might have thought it was actual progression, which I why I expect Bokuben to be dead last next week

>Vegeta in DB, Saucegay in Naruto, Icefag in Bleach
it's not the norm

Things like featuring a series because of its anime or an anniversary or what have you happen in real time. There's no point in doing that to honor an anime release 8 weeks after it comes out.

The 8 week wait is because they collect reader votes. Obviously they don't need to do that with editor tweaks.

Threadly reminder that Tanjirou is beautiful

Because Central/Azami is garbage.

Probably more to do with the fact the chapter was To Love-Ru standard

>his smile and optimism: gone

Imouto is there to save the day.

He's never going to be able to go back to being the pure hearted nice boy he was, though

He could never go back the moment he saw his whole family mutilated.

>02 Bokuben c.029
Feels good man. Glad I stuck with it for this many chapters.

Shut your whore mouth, he's still a precious cinamon roll, and destiny being the biggest bitch to him won't change that.

I only caught up with hero aca during the current arc, so I really didn't pay attention to its ranking before

It was doing better before the current arc got all shit, right?

>Bokuben is second

Oh shit, just realized that it took so long because they got so many votes. I was scared they weren't getting enough votes, turns out it's the opposite. Especially compared to . This is such great news!

They could have also waited so long to get as many votes as possible to showcase popularity.

True, guess if we had to compare it to something, we'd have to factor in the amount of time between announcement and results. But honestly I'm just excited for the results.

I just wonder how high will aniki rank, deaths help a lot.

>02 Bokuben c.029
WE DID IT BROS

Counting votes is fast, they are simply waiting for more votes.
Because thousands of mailed votes can easily be checked pretty fast once you got a steady rhythm going.
Probably editorial dick measuring contests.

t. volunteered as electoral officer.

>BnHA out of the Top 5 and closer to 10th for several weeks

Why, what happened? I thought the series would get better

boy do I like me some ping-pong