When is the slayers reboot/all the novels animated going to happen?

When is the slayers reboot/all the novels animated going to happen?
That turdy new seasons with a furfag pokemon was kinda shit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Hayashibara
downloadlightnovel.com/2016/10/ln-slayers_48.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8vIux5EO7ck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is she so flat

Because DFC is perfection.

>"new"
>2009
mate

Never
Probably for the best given how the last few turned out

Soon, I hope.

Fuck you, Lina is a miracle of the universe.

It's something old people do. The older you are, the farther back something you consider new extends.

That image is rude as fuck
Lina is at least b cup

Is the voice actress even still doing work?

>flat
She's only "flat" by anime standards. IRL she'd have perfect b cups.

>reboot
I would prefer remaster edition of the fist three seasons.

That "new" season.

Man that was like seventeen years ago.

I would prefer new content I can't find the translated VNs

GIVE

MORE

NAGA

>2009 was almost 9 years ago
>slayers was almost 30 years ago

Meeh

2009 still seems new af to me. I had already been living by myself for a while by then.

Nothing made after I graduated can be old. Not allowed. I refuse.

Why do people watch this when there are newer moeshows out there?

I still remember getting hyped hearing about it coming out

Unless Naga's coming back I don't care. That cock tease in Evolution-R really pissed me off.

GIVE

US

NAGA

She is alive but she is over 60 already

Go to sleep naga your boobs sag too much

But it was only 8 years ago.

>Age 60

It's age 50, godammit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Hayashibara

megumi is still active but mostly as a singer.

>That turdy new seasons with a furfag pokemon was kinda shit

What makes you think they won't put a shitty mascot character in there again to sell merch?

She has a job at least in last eva movie.

I just want BDs of the first three seasons. I liked them better than the movies/OVAs and a new season would not capture the pure 90s goodness of Slayers.

She has a regular job from Detective Conan and Pokemon.

Did anyone even like Not-Terriermon?

it was one of the best animes ever made. Can´t believe they haven´t make a remake or a sequel yet

She just keeps to existing roles. I hope we'll be hearing more of her when she is done being a mum.

yeah but she doesn´t take new anime roles. Only the ones that are still alive from her younger years

You're not wrong but she's in Rinne and Ushio and Tora.

I don't think a single person liked it, no. The new series neither brought in new fans, nor did it please the old ones.

>done being a mum

Uh

Anyway, just saying I want to see a "My mom is a famous seyuu" manga.

Yeah you maybe right. Still, long ass time ago.

This thread needs more Lina

Why ? It's more of the same, it's not like there's some revolving big plotline you need to know the end of.

Naga's boobs are comically perky user

>slayers was good

To be fair, Slayers is a lot more decent than I thought it would be when I watched it for the first time in 15 years.

>Slayers is bad

Stop lying. She got a major role in Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

more lina is always welcome

I will never understand how people place Revolution and Evolution-R below fucking Slayers Try.

Didn't watch any of it until 2013 or so and it was still really damn good. Even my grandmother liked it.

What's wrong with Try?

Dragons

I'll just leave this here
downloadlightnovel.com/2016/10/ln-slayers_48.html

I've seen Japanese fanart of Pokota so some people liked him.

A reboot would be a terrible idea. There's no way the actors could equal their performances in the original when they were at their prime. They already were struggling with Revo/Evo and that was almost 10 years ago.

They could always change them

That would be sacrilege to fans in Japan. Those characters are synonymous with those seiyuu.

Giving a fuck for anything that´s not the original series, Next and Try... and even Try maybe streatching here.

Let´s be real here people, we all know that given enough time any and all piece of media are eventually fucked/ ruined.
There is no anime, game or movie saga that´s excempt of this rule.

So you didnt like the OVAs?

i call that perfection.

Not so flat my by standards.

Another issue with a reboot completely faithful to the novels would be the fact that as it's told from Lina's perspective, the secondary characters like Zel and Amelia get far fewer scenes. It's Lina's story and only hers. That's fine if you're primarily a Lina fan, but for fans of those secondary characters, the existing anime gave them tons of character development and brought them to life.

Personally, I prefer the anime a lot to the novels. It was a brilliant adaptation of the novels that took them as inspiration and actually improved on them despite adding a ton of new material. The filler in the first two seasons was great. The best thing is that there is a cohesive feeling of camaraderie to the party in the anime, while in the novels they just seem like individuals who happen to be traveling together temporarily. That made the anime a lot more fun to watch. I don't think anything about S1 or Next needs to be changed. All they need is a remaster so they can be released on BD.

A sequel using the actual ending of the LN then.

Yeah, I would like to see novels 9-15 adapted with Luke and Milina. I hope they will find a way to keep Amelia and Zel involved somehow. I've thought of several ways they could do it so I don't think it's out of the question.

Kanzaka and Araizumi seem to be working on some new Slayers-related project right now and we'll find out what it is at the end of the year.

I want a konosuba and slayers crossover.
They feel very similar to each other.

I don't remember anyone sounding bad or anything.

What's wrong with dragons?

Megumi and Masami sounded very strained when they screamed, especially if you compare to the original seasons. Also, Midorikawa's voice has changed a lot; it sounded deeper in the newer series.

Zel and Amelia can serve as a great contrast to what eventually happened with Luke and Milina.

If we can take gravelly Vegeta in Super then we can take a deeper Midorikawa or a strained Megumi and Masami in Slayers.

That's a good point. Zel and Amelia can get the happy ending that was denied to Luke and Milina. I wonder how Kanzaka feels about it now, since it seems like he regretted the melodrama of Hatred in Sellentia.

I think the interplay within a six-person party would be interesting. Falces demonstrated that it can be done. (Although it sort of seemed like Z/A are genderflipped L/M.)

>turning Slayers into Super
Please no. I'd rather they retire the franchise than overmilk it like with DB.

But I don't mind the characters sounding older if they produce new anime that is a chronological continuation of the previous seasons, since the characters themselves would be older. It's just that with a reboot, they would need to reprise young teenage roles, and all that would end up with is unfavorable comparisons to their performances when they played those roles the first time around.

>the voice actress

"The voice actress". Really? That's what you call the Queen of the 90's? Fucking children.

It already happened, get on with the times, grandpa. It's called KonoSuba now.

The newfags in seiyuu threads have the nerve to spam pics of their seasonal seiyuu waifus, whom they will all have forgotten in 3 years' time. This makes me mad.

Maces

Under skirts. What about them?

She only had one role this year, Kikuoe Inoue at age 17 (52) had ton of roles this year.

megumi hayashibara can make lina 100% perfect for sure

best seiyuu ever

>one role
>Dragon Dentist - Shibana Natsume
>Rinne - Otome

She still looks gorgeous oh god my dick

youtube.com/watch?v=8vIux5EO7ck

best op

Megumi needs to play Megumin's mom in season three!

Sylphiel or death

I hated that slut.

They hit people with them constantly since they are salty as fuck about some guy that just wiped 99% of their race with a single finger

To be fair, there are 10 year olds in the anime with bigger tits than her

So, outside of risking the universe with a spell she can't control, is Xellos canonically more powerful than Lina?

As the high priest of one of the five demon lords created by Shabranigdu himself, he's absolutely more powerful and could kill Lina at any time if he felt like it. But he's fun-loving for a mazoku and finds it more amusing to keep her around.

Movies/OVAs are better than TV ever was

Nah.

He likes to use her and others

Slayersfags feel like the true oldfags to me. I'd guess they are mostly past 40 by now.

I started watching anime as they aired in the early 00s, and normalfag anime watchers were circlejerking over it as hell, since releases in the West started to happen (on VHS).
Haven't watched the original shit to this date (partially due to that) and the new season was garbage. Have I missed anything?

Do we really need Slayers in 2017+?
And i mean it by do we really need to see it butchered and its corpse raped?

Hell yeah it is. Loved it ever since I first heard it on infinite loop in Frank's Adventure. I only rediscovered it years later in that one weaboo animu playlist, which eventually led me to watch the first episode. Which, by the way, I should probably resume.

Not all of us are that old. I'm in my early 30s. I first got into Slayers when it aired on TV in a neighboring country in the late 90s when I was in middle/high school.

You should watch the first three seasons if you haven't already, they're the best ones (particularly S1/Next).

Well, think about someone that has watched all the modern shit.
What can he find in Slayers that isn't found in today's stuff anymore?
Besides proper 2D animation, obviously.

I think it's OK to let the anime stand as it is without any more.

I'm looking forward to what Kanzaka and Araizumi have planned though, since they seem to be working on something new. Araizumi said he's interested in serializing a new Slayers manga, so it could be that.

When is Orphen reboot going to happen?

The crazy 90s humour. It just doesn't happen nowadays.