New chapters out on niggerstream

new chapters out on niggerstream
how many chapters until ippo dies? he's obviously become retarded from being hit too much and everything is leading to a monstrous southpaw full body counter that will kill him
and he knows it
that's why he's rushing, he's on stolen time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is so sad, I want to see Ippo win but his brain can't handle any more hits, he's already broken. He's showed every sign of major brain trauma, lost memory, poor motor skills, uncharacteristic anger, inability to hear.
It's too real for me

why the author is taking it so painfully slow, i dont know
you cant come back from brain damage

JUST FUCKING
GIVE ME PROPER BOXING
FOR FUCKS SAKE

This manga is now a public service announcement about brain damage to educate the Japanese who are ignorant to how much of a risk it really is
The author's set up a situation where we can't really root for the main character, he might be ending it

While there are obvious repeated symptoms of brain damage, I've just been switching between full boredom and outright frustration with the past 100 chapters, this fight especially. Morikawa needs to just end the match instead of dragging it on like every other fight, because this one especially has just been making my grind my teeth in how stupid he's made Ippo with this whole Dempsey Roll fixation.

He doesn't even remember going down
He's done, time to pack it in

I don't follow actual boxing, but him getting tripped by the Southpaw footing three times in the same match seems a little absurd when he's had multiple spars against Southpaws (or maybe I'm remembering wrong, it's hard to think that far back when matches last literal months).

Just end this suffering and end the manga already.

I want Ippo to lose so badly now. Ending his career by losing to a plucky underdog that doesn't go down. What could be more perfect?

>Implying he's not imagining current fights in a hospital bed

>implying this isnt a flashforward of his dad imagining his son's life in his last moments before drowning out into the sea

>implying we are not imagining we exist and we are reading a shitty manga.

Hopefully kamogawa commits sudoku

Why does everything point to the manga ending on a low note?

There are no good endings in fight sports

Ippos poor mother.

Will Kumi take care of retarded ippo? He still has his magnum dong

He does have a sudoku face next chapter when ippo hits the floor again

Ippo is going to live with Nekota and eventually train a young boxer himself

MUH NEW DEMPSEY
MUH GRATITUDE

ippo has no real talent, the only thing going for him is a tough body. his will is weak, cant train for shit

Imagine if this braindead ippo was in there with a real killer like Sendou, Woli, Vorg, or god forbid they were facing Martinez.

Is Kamogawa really that heartless? Ippo can't even defend himself against a brown no name fodder fighter.

This is the most retarded shit

Fuck this manga
Fuck George
Fuck this fight
Worse than Woli

so this it? This is how the what was the best sports manga of our generation ends?

morikawa you fucking hack

>why the author is taking it so painfully slow, i dont know
>you cant come back from brain damage
That is the point he's trying to make.
It's about a person you know who's a nice guy, but is a brute-force, brawling boxer.
There is nothing you can do to prevent his death. Either he'll die or he'll lose every brain cell that made him who he was and he'll be a walking shell.

The whole story could have been 40 pages long, but that wouldn't make you feel the sadness that so many people associated with boxing feel.
It's 28 years worth of saying 'boxing is cool, but don't do it'.

the towels not being thrown in until loses control of his bowels and shits in the ring

I'm not sure how else the author can humiliate ippo

The greatest bait and switch in manga

>tfw I was invested in this series for 15 years and truly care about these characters

Well, he got me.

If you want a manga about brain damage write a new one, you goddamn hack
Imagine if Slam Dunk suddenly shifted towards Sakuragi having an accident and learning to accept the wheelchair

a mi tambien.

I have never hated a fictional character the way I do kamogawa. I can't tell if he is just malicious or ignorant but he sends Ippo into punch after punch with no regard for his future.

Ippo could have reigned over japan for 2 more decades with a relatively safe career. Instead he wanted to "conquer the world" with his greed when he already has a world level fighter. Now ippo might not even be able to walk in 5 years. Ippo just got crushed by a world level fighter a few months ago and it wasnt even close and instead of having ippo take it easy they rushed back into another fight.

Ahahaha.
Jesus the boy is brain damaged as fuck.

The depressing part is this is basically the reality in Japan. Everyone from promoters on down to trainers to the fighters themselves always rush their fights and throw interesting prospects to the wolves as soon as they can

Or just a nod to Ashita no Joe

we knew that when he couldn't draw a straight line to save his life. Everything else was denial by the Kamogawa camp. Takamura told kamogawa ippo was broken and he still let him fight.

He was getting beat up by aoki in spars. That should have been the biggest red flag ever

How does Sup Forums actually want to see the series end?

just bullshit a martinez win and fucking end it already

Aoki is the most underestimated boxer ever

Fuck me, I can't stop laughing.

terribly
like he dies from this fight, mother suicides, kumi goes on drugs stolen from hospital, aokimura quit, coach dies from heart attack and takamura gets his titles alone while fueling himself with hate for ippo for killing coach with his inadeguacy

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

Is Ippo our new Danpei?

Your fighter just says he doesn't remember how he went down. WHAT DO YOU DO:

>A. Tell him breath in more oxygen into his muscles
>B. Slap his back and call him Kid real loud
>C. Yell that he needs more guts
>D. A combination of the above

I hope that Kumi and Ippo are able to salvage some sort of life together with ippo's brain damage before he goes full Muhammed Ali. Ippo is still young enough that he can recover a bit a if he gets out RIGHT NOW.

I want kamogawa to do that japanese bow and apologize to ippo with a heartfelt apology and ask if he should kill himself to make up for it. Ippo of course won't get it but I really want Kamogawa to realize what he has done with flashbacks of all the times he told ippo to go get punched in the face. This is ridiculous.

I can't believe that Ippo is (not) fucking dead

I also can't believe that the scanlations have completely caught up; that's utterly disturbing

more like imagine one where he smacks the back of his head off the floor one match, gets up fine but slowly deteriorates into a vegetable in front of his loved ones

>Your fighter just says he doesn't remember how he went down. WHAT DO YOU DO:
Have I already tried gritting my teeth?

>Ippo wakes up
>all the recent events were a dream he experienced while being unconscious
>"Ippo, you got hit and went down! Focus on the basics!"
>next panel reveals he is still in the ring with Woli

the ride never ends

Daily reminder sanada called all of this 600 chapters ago

Ippo's brain damage is just depressing and realistic

at least the manga can be about takamura reigning over the world

>people make fun of the manga saying those cliches are terrible
>they turn out to be terrible and have serious consequences in the manga
Was... Was this the long con?

>implying takamura isnt riding the same train as ippo just a couple wagons behind him

Morikawa was playing us like a fiddle all along.

>what was the best sports manga of our generation
Please. There were better sports manga running atthe same time during all of Ippo's run. It's just that most of them knew when to end.

I can't handle this, is there any way ippo can get up and shake this off like it never happened?

I grew up with ippo I love him

I was one of them that found it weird that ippo was never knocked down. I am glad it wasn't for naught. It's actually pretty impressive how long the con was and is probably the greatest foreshadowing ever. There are dozens of examples in the manga when you go back. All we need is for Takamura to really be losing his sight to wrap everything up

O MY DETACHED RETINA

>OH shit, the kid has too much oxygen in his muscles, it's affecting his brain
>pull your punches, kid!

O MY UNEXPLAINED INVISIBLE LEFT HOOKS

do you guys think seeing ippo this terrifies takamura? I think he wanted to see ippo overcome his brain damage to give him hope he can overcome his blindness

I'm not sure Takamura is capable of such complex emotions.

It's impressive but I don't want to see this shit
I didn't sign up for this but I'm too invested now

he had broken leg that time, but yeah it's been heavily hinted that his eye is half broken
takamura only believes in takamura, he never believed ippo could make it, brain damage or not. he never gave a shit whatever injury he would get halfway into a match, he would adapt and win, that's how that character is designed

>but yeah it's been heavily hinted that his eye is half broken
The thing is they were using the hooks to fool the audience into thinking he was blind, but then it turned out he could see what the coach and the others tested him with, so apparently just the hooks were invisible.

I fixed 1196 for MS

I knew something felt off when I read the MS version

Takamura is just clever and his lies were bullshit to make them feel better. Think about it.

Why would it ever be in Takamura's character to try and convince ippo that he wasn't going blind? It's because it was the truth and he didn't want Ippo to worry about him. If nothing was wrong with him he would have made a dick joke about how is now the biggest one eyed monster in the room and ippo's dick need to make way

I don't remember the specific tests, but Takamura must be damn clever to keep fooling everyone about being able to see.

It might get a bit better when he's not getting punched in the face

it probably has good days and bad days
how would it be if we learn it started when miyata jabbed him coz butthurt?

he told ippo some bullshit story about miyata's punch and he was able to "read" a magazine from far away with one eye

the thing is that this was done to convince ippo not to tell the coach. If nothing was wrong with his eye he could just have it checked out by an actual doctor.

There is a reason he didnt want that done

But they tested him between rounds, right after he was getting punched in the face by bison's magical invisible hook.

Blood pressure is known to affect that sort of thing, but it does feel like a cop out

the confirm is the pic of when they are all going together while back text is about some damage still not being visible, and both ippo and takamura have a white colour while all other boxers are black (cant remember where it is, and not motivated enough to scroll a thousand chapters)

takamura is the greatest anyway so even if he is going blind he will still conquer the weight classes

pls

I remember the days when reading this manga wasnt suffering

never happened

Ashita no Joe ending?

Is Ashita no Joe worth watching? Or should I read it?

I read part of the manga a while back, it's not as dated as one would think, pretty great as far as I got.

I blame the NFL for this

Okay, so, the guy who's running the spoiler site is so pissed off that he's not even summarizing the events of the chapters anymore; he's just posting photographs of significant moments in the chapters and swearing.

Pic is 1197. I'm reading through his thing of 1198 right now - the foreword is "this is hopeless" in like size 180 font

Remember when Ippo was supposed to be like Tyson guys

Guys can you give ippo a break? I mean the opponent loses his left hand for god's sake, no amount of experience can prepare you for something like that. Still, Ippo getting punchdrunk and manga ending in three chapters would have been an appropriate fuckyou to the fans. I love manga but Ippo shows how format can develop into full on cancer.

new ippo theme

youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE

NOW THIS IS BOXING

well you cant produce some 17k pages of drawings without having a low moment ever
if you read for huge happenings every 4-5 pages then for sure this isnt your best choice of mango, it's more for its aura that people like it

fucking kek

If Ippo wins this fight, then there is no fucking justice. After boxing for so many years he is fixated on performing a super move.

It's several times better than Ippo. They aren't even within several tiers of each other.

Maybe then it's time to question why Ippo has 1200 chapters anyway when all* the coolest stuff happened during the first 100 chapters

retard lol

If you compare the early pace with the current pace, which would have a hard time winning against continental movement, I feel it's at least a little justified to criticize its page count as a measure of quality.

nah there were plenty interesting moments after that
takamura is still a good character
aokimura are a great shoulder
ippo is a one trick pony but we know that since long ago. it's normal that after he becomes a pro his evolution as a character has to slow down. actually this is all the point about people around him thinking he got weaker, he kept training and training but his mind didnt grow, he didnt find a real reason to push him, beside gratitude for coach, he doesnt have that hunger for winning that sendo or takamura have

The manga or the show?

I'm so fucking mad right now I think I'm actually shaking

Both.

Who says anything about happenings, I mostly don't care about them and don't really like how rating system and people's expectations force authors to end things on cliffhangers/hype moments. I do however mind when author fills his work with useless shit, draws the same stuff over and over again (look at ippo's training and running chapters), evidently doesn't mentally grow in the slightest for more than twenty years, doesn't really expand on his themes or does it but with insanely slow pace, doesn't deliver on the justified expectations of his readers even though at this point what other stuff is he supposed to be doing? If he now wants to make ippo tragedy, so be it, otherwise let the kid finally grasp what the fuck does it mean to be strong.

#TakeAKnee

the idea that all or even most of the cool stuff happened in the first 100 chapters is dumb, the manga was consistently good for the first ~800 or so chapters. Woli might have been the lowest point but things still picked back up thereafter

Can't stop laughing