My power and confidence start swelling up

O corre-corre, da cidade grande, tanta gente passa, estou só

Magically erupt

And it's all because of kindness that I feel

>dub

うるさい!

O vento sopra pelo campo e traz uma lembrança sua, estou só

from people i dont even knooooowwww

Stop making me feel I loved this shit growing up. I still love it too bad the ending is shit.

arigato gozaiiiiiimasu

Já nem sei dizeeeeeeer

qual desses lugares me doi mais

I don't like Japanese Yusuke's voice

I brushed against those freckles that I hated so, life goes on and I heave a little sigh for you

The Yuyu Hakusho dub sounds like an abridged series.

it worked well for toonami back in the day t b h. I grew up on the english dub and later watched the sub and it was like a completely different show even though the narrative was the same

That's why it works. Feels different from other shonen.

Go back to if you want gag dubs like Samurai Pizza Cats.

Not really. Yusuke and Kuwabara had a little more sass than in the original, but they are thugs so it fits their characters. Most of everything else was played pretty straight.

>t too bad the ending is shit.
Ill never understand this, desu.
He even lost, and then goes back home and get casually berated for it.

The ending was comfy.

Too much sass.

>but they are thugs so it fits their characters

Thugs are not Gintama tier comedians, you idiot.

>Most of everything else was played pretty straight.

Like Jin becoming a leprechaun? Or someone actually unironically being named "Kokoda"?

Nobody ever said it was true to the source material, but I prefer the extra sass.

>"played pretty straight"
>prove him wrong
>"N-Nobody ever said it was true to the source material!"

Pick one.

>Like Jin becoming a leprechaun?
I think that was just the VA taking the piss with the character. His jap voice was mediocre so it didn't really matter.
YUYU's dub is as good as it is because of the liberties it took. Koenma, Botan, & Kuwabara are probably the pinnacle of this.

And Chu being Australian? Or any other accents they use that DB Abridge makes fun of (i.e. Space Australia)?

Fuck you. It's better than being boring as piss hero archetypes.

>Like Jin becoming a leprechaun? Or someone actually unironically being named "Kokoda"?

Jin along with Chu were lighthearted characters, I fail to see the issue. Also

>Caring about what a minor, unimportant character is called

At this point you're just trying to find something to dislike.

they weren't called FUNimation for nothing. They took something bland and made it FUN

Mot the same guy. I would often compare the parts where there were lines that weren't in the original, while the DBZ dub cut out some really good lines and plot points, in YYH it only ever seemed like I was missing out on standard shonen dialogue.

>a giant, rowdy alcoholic fighter with honor who knows how to do a 1v1
How no fun are you to not enjoy that whole fight?

I recently went through it again and switched on jap voices for all the major characters and most often the jap voices were largely forgettable.

>in YYH it only ever seemed like I was missing out on standard shonen dialogue.

They changed plot points wholesale. Like saying Sensui got the Sacred Ki by having all of his personalities training with him at the same time or some such fanon nonsense.

>justifying Space Australia unironically
>"fun"

That really says it all.

>Like saying Sensui got the Sacred Ki by having all of his personalities training with him at the same time or some such fanon nonsense.

That Naruto stole for its canom years later. The original version was literally "I got it by being a Gary Stu" Adding an explanation is making it worse?

His jap voice was boring, i watched them back-to-back, go try it yourself.

Totally agree. Fucking dubfags will never have the intellect to truly appreciate the subtle nuances of the Japanese voice acting in a children's battle anime.

I've never seen DB abridged so I don't know what this Space Australia shit is. Steve Irwin was pretty big when they dubbed YYH in English so no doubt he was in Funimations mind when they dubbed Chu so the toonami aged demographic they were aiming for would get a kick out of him

The last episodes were cool, he visiting Raizen's grave, he getting with Keiko, that comfy beach, etc.

But the arc was kinda shitty, it had lots of potential but Togashi fucked up.

>Norio Wakamoto acting as a drunk
>Cell's voice actor BRRRRRUYAAAING all over the place
>boring

Leave this place and never return.

Adding fanwank makes it worse.

DB Abridged makes fun of how in lieu of actually characterizing a character with the right voice, dubbers instead put on funny voices or an accent and makes the obnoxious accent the character.

It's dub Sailor Moon tier, like what they did to Naru (or "Molly" and her New Yahk accent).

blame the SJ editors. I'd really like to know what kind of ending for the series Togashi had in mind had he not been forced to push past the sensui arc. We may have actually had a cool ending to sensuis fight instead of O my demon blood

Togashi intentionally shit the bed because he didn't want to draw Yuyu Hakusho for 10 more years or so.

Just like the author of Negima did.

My name is Yusuke Your a mess she

Compared to aussy chu, yes it was. The dub was the better voice and personality for the character. Just like British Botan was better than generic moe voice #342423432. And koenma not having a literal baby voice but instead acting like a child was better.

I mostly prefer jap voices, but YUYU is undeniably better, dubbed.

>Adding fanwank makes it worse.
>Trying to provide a legitimate explanation for a key plot point is making it worse

YYH's writing was never its strong suit. While the dub did change the script heavily it managed to change things for the better in a lot of important spots.

>Compared to aussy chu, yes it was.
>Norio Wakamoto outdone by an obnoxious accent with no character save for being an obnoxious accent

Fuck off, dubfag. I bet you don't even know who Norio Wakamoto is.

>justifying adding shit that wasn't there because you grew with a shitty dub and didn't know better

Disgusting.

>DB Abridged makes fun of how in lieu of actually characterizing a character with the right voice, dubbers instead put on funny voices or an accent and makes the obnoxious accent the character

so what? Doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't hurt the shows narrative. Since we're on this topic and since it's Togashi-shit, I've been watching the Hunter x Hunter dub on Adult Swim occasionally and it actually irritates me how straight they play the dub. So much of the dialogue sounds so forced because they're trying to translate it as accurately as possible and it's just stiff and unappealing, god forbid they try to do it accurately, right?

>Just like the author of Negima did
it's 10 years later and Akamatsu is still finishing the plot of Negima

You incessantly naming his VA won't change facts. Yes, he's a great VA with a stupidly impressive role list. But it doesn't change the fact that in this instance his voice was inferior.

Yes, I was legitimately disappointed to find out how uninspired much of YYH's original dialogue was. This is about writing, not voice acting and delivery. If you gave both scripts to a neutral party with no knowledge of which was the original, I'm nearly certain they'd say the english version was better.

One plot point change I thought was utterly ridiculous was Toguro's 100%. In the original he went "100% over 100%" (whatever the fuck that means) while the dub had him admit he lied and said his 100% was 85%. That was retarded. You're telling me that whole ridiculous power-up that killed all those bystanders and literally eclipsed the stadium and clowned Yusuke with one finger was only 5% above the form he was fighting Yusuke with previously? It hurts me just thinking about it.

That's the only one I didn't like, but 100% of 100% is a bit weird too. Mathematically 100% actually is about 85% of 120%.

>Adding fanwank makes it worse.

How in the world was it fanwank giving Sensui's attainment of sacred energy?

>You incessantly naming his VA won't change facts.

Norio's performance > obnoxious accent performed at kids parties

God, that faggot is ugly as sin.

even the sub is superior, i unironically liked kuwabara in the dub

> If you gave both scripts to a neutral party with no knowledge of which was the original, I'm nearly certain they'd say the english version was better.

Absolute bullshit that only Murricans would claim. You were claiming earlier that the Naruto-tier change is better than the original.

Listen to yourself.

That's what fanfiction does, like fix fics and some such. They add things that were never in the canon to "explain away" viewed plot holes.

You're literally supporting dub-only fanwank this side of turning Sailor Neptune and Uranus into kissing cousins.

It's not really obnoxious in the way of not fitting his character though. He was basically a walking australian stereotype anyway. Having a jap voice did not fit him whatsoever., regardless of the quality of the voice work itself.

>Absolute bullshit that only Murricans would claim. You were claiming earlier that the Naruto-tier change is better than the original.
>Listen to yourself.

Can you make an argument? Compare Sensui's death speech in english and the original. Can you cite any Togashi dialogue remotely that good?

>so what?

You actually like something that's objectively terrible and used as a placeholder in lieu of actually coming up with a convincing performance because you grew up watching the dub.

It's nostalgia blinders.

>That's what fanfiction does, like fix fics and some such. They add things that were never in the canon to "explain away" viewed plot holes.
>You're literally supporting dub-only fanwank this side of turning Sailor Neptune and Uranus into kissing cousins.

So, Togashi clearly did not care at that point. Your only issue is that it wasn't in the story originally. This is the most egregious form of purist you're displaying.

>That's what fanfiction does, like fix fics and some such. They add things that were never in the canon to "explain away" viewed plot holes.

When fanfiction is trying to make your character less of a Mary Sue, you've really fucked up.

>Just like British Botan was better than generic moe voice #342423432.

As obnoxious as turning Luna in Sailor Moon into Mrs. Pots from Beauty and the Beast, you mean.

so the Yu Yu Hakusho dub is objectively terrible? says who?

>It's not really obnoxious in the way of not fitting his character though.

It totally doesn't fit with his character. It's like giving Yusuke a French accent.

>Mary Sue
>implying training his personalities at the same time isn't something a Mary Sue would do

The same, delusional, actual weeaboos that to this day will deny cowboy bebop's dub was also superior.

Says anyone who's childhood isn't watching the YYH dub.

>people unironically defend bland uninspired generic trash that is original yuyuhakusho

dub made it great. deal with it fedoraweebs

You need to go back to and post on their Toonami threads.

Togashi isn't the one fanwanking and making Naruto-tier explanations up, though.

>Jin: OOOOH! ME LUCKY CHARMS!

What a quality dub.

>>implying training his personalities at the same time isn't something a Mary Sue would do

The split personalities were sueish as fuck, but at least citing a reason and having them contribute something to his character as a whole is an improvement. They also explain why other characters couldn't attain Sacred energy.

To. 163648416
>giving an anomalous dub the respect it deserves is bad
(You)

>Togashi isn't the one fanwanking and making Naruto-tier explanations up, though.

You do realize the irony of this when Naruto was notorious for ripping off YYH, right?

>The split personalities were sueish as fuck
But as long as it's the English dub making them do sueish things you're perfectly fine with it, right?

Americans were a mistake.

>EY, MATES! SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!
>- Dub Chu

I kinda like the
Freckles something something
But my life goes on and
Here's a sad song for you
(Unintelligible)
Something about a sugar cube
If we could get further away
I wonder what it would be like, Yee-ay!!
I'd be so happy
Inside my heart

>But as long as it's the English dub making them do sueish things you're perfectly fine with it, right?

The original version was "I can use Sacred energy because I'm awesome". How is that better on any level?

The only time YYH ripped off Naruto is when the dub put in fanwank that wasn't in the original, so there's no irony here for YYH except for the dubbers.

>hyperbole because i have no actual argument
But why?

He was established as a prodigy from the start, though. No need to put in needless explanations.

Or use Japanese phrases like "Over there" and turn it into a Japanese "name".

What character did Dub Chu portray aside from being an Australian demon who's in Japan somehow?

youtube.com/watch?v=XcKq4Bz9pOQ
In a show already filled with god-tier EDs this is still the best one.

>Sasuke is a wholesale ripoff of Hiei
>Rock Lee drunken Fist
>Izanami

the other best 90s shonen
youtube.com/watch?v=UIcvHSUCiAs

ID BE SO HAPPY INSIDE MY HEARRRRRT

SSSSHHH! You'll trigger the dub fags! Post the English version!

Stop shitposting. Dub and sub can coexist together in YYH threads, no need for your falseflagging, whichever side you're on.

>He was established as a prodigy from the start, though. No need to put in needless explanations.

Sacred Energy had not even been foreshadowed in the slightest. It's the definition of an asspull.

None of that actually refutes what I said.

>Sacred Energy had not even been foreshadowed in the slightest.

Neither were the Three Demon Kings, so what's your point?

I'm not shitposting, they literally said that the YYH dub is better than the original, just like Cowboy Bebop.

It shows that YYH was Naruto tier in a lot of ways to begin with

>Neither were the Three Demon Kings, so what's your point?

YYH had bad writing. I won't fault the dub for trying to fix it.

Only post-tourny arc where it should have ended.

No, Naruto tier is YYH with fanwank.

Like the YYH dub putting that explanation in about Sacred Ki.

"Fixing" it by putting in worse writing and substituting accents for characterization?

And the line we're arguing about was post-tourney where the series had given up. The dub writers actually wanted to try and make sense of it.

No one who likes the dub have gone out and attack the japanese version, retard. Only buttblasted weebs such as yourself are instigating arguments.