Why do supemarkets employ idiots?

Attached: IMG_1989.jpg (2448x2520, 765K)

Same reason Australians make stupid threads

>supemarkets employ idiots
more likely they hire regular people who don't care about their job

why do you care?

Who else is going to do that job?

no one asked you yank! now leave

>6.80$ for 400 g
>9$ for 1 kg
What's the problem?

What the dutch said

>6.80$ for shitty processed chicken meat

jesus

The employees on the floor aren't deciding what goes on special you idiot, unless the underlying price is wrong its the fault of management.

because managers don't want to employ people who can potentially outclass them at their own job. they emply people who're smart enough to take orders but not smart enough to think on their own, and who need constant supervision so as to solidify their own position as manager.

I've worked in numerous customer service places, restaurants, shops, petrol stations. And it's always the same. as soon as you start to "outclass" your manager by way of doing your job better than they are and showing that you actually enjoy it, plus also having good relations with customers. they start to single you out.

twice now I've been unfairly dismissed for doing my job too well and actually improving the place where I work to the extent where it makes my managers look like they're only able and willing to do the bare minimum.

so yeah, it's purely workplace politics most of the time.

nobody in a position of authority wants to be outclassed by people below them in the hierarchy, so they make sure that only people lower in ability and willingless are below them, people who have next to no hope of moving up the ladder.

They scan the code and the printer spits out the price tag.

most likely they scanned the wrong item or the barcode is in the system wrong.

t. used to work at coles.

These bad boys. Scandinavian supermarkets have it right.

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1536, 773K)

>400g $6.80
>1kg $9

Attached: 1410881388832.jpg (291x364, 19K)

>I've been unfairly dismissed for doing my job too well

yeah, sure.
Anyway, if you really believe this why the fuck you still apply to shitty jobs like those? The last time I applied to a Nonqualified job I was almost underage.

>Why do supemarkets employ idiots?
Where else are you going to employ them?
Society prevents immediate evolutionary death for retards so you eventually have to deal with them... or you prefer to give them gibs?

I am going to type slowly so that you understand basic math.

$6.80 is for 400 grams
$9.00 is for 1,000 grams (1Kg) Special

So, normally it would cost

400g / $6.80 X 1000g = $17 normal price.

Bloody public education!

quantity discounts is normal

I can see your reflection Jared from Wattle Glen, you obese retard

Attached: 1491652287819.jpg (960x720, 73K)

In Norway school basically teaches us to divide 6,80 by 4 to find 100 grams and work our way up etc...

How do you buy 1000g of something when they come in packs of 400g?

>450 g for 6.25$
>400 g for 6.80$
>1 kg for 9$
O say, can you see

Except there's no point to putting the discount ratio at 1kg because there are no 1kg packages and this isn't a "Buy 5[2kg], get a discount" deal.

I would literally have customers regularly saying to my managers / assistant managers that I'm exactly the type of staff they need and it's a joy coming to the store / restaurant when I'm there. In one place in particular my "workmates" would constantly rip into me because customers loved me so much. "Everyone loves user" they'd always say but the way they'd say it would be snide, a sly dig at me. They were envious of it. And it was only when that begun that I'd begin to be singled out by other staff, mostly managers.

And who said I still "apply to shitty jobs like those?" Not me.

Also it's the same across the board. Workplace politics is complete bullshit wherever you work and the dynamics are the same. Do your job too well and nine times out of ten whoever's above you will feel threatened and begin to single you out. That's the nature of competition.

Why do idiots still go to supermarkets? Isn't there a delivery option for everything by now? Why leave the house?

Attached: 1518455076676.jpg (229x220, 11K)

a 450 g option is available, maybe there are more options?

supermarkets have abandonment issues?

>a 450 g option is available
That's something different.

What's wrong with supermarkets?

>Isn't there a delivery option for everything by now?

Not for rural/suburban retards like me.

i want to be like you

Having to buy 2½ packs, I guess.

looks like someone just fucked up.

I worked in a grocery store one summer and usually sale signs are put up early in the morning. It's not unheard of for someone half asleep to make a mistake.

Why aren't price tags some form of small lcd display connected to the store computer where prices can be checked for errors in seconds but we still have some high school drop out print out hundreds of tiny paper slips to hunt down items in the store out of thousands. retail is retardation in motion.

This isn’t in the US fucktard

I agree.

Attached: 1509605770407.jpg (1000x564, 108K)

The price tag is on the wrong product idiots.

Oh no, did I hurt the american snowflake?

Wow you're so smart, perhaps you could suggest this idea to Walmart? Sure they've never thought of it before. Wiring up thousands of tiny lcds that the shelves are not designed to accomodate and that constantly get damaged is sure to be a cheap and easy solution!

Attached: 1520607881585.jpg (500x500, 27K)

see I haven't seen physical price tags since 2005.

They literally hire anyone because the turnover is so high.

Customer service is held higher than the word of God in retail, so you are asked to do and say degrading things for people who treat you like shit.

That coupled with shit pay, manditorty weekends and holidays, plus constantly getting your hours cut to meet an unrealistic P&L that is designed to keep you from getting a bonus more than 2 years in a row, it makes sense why retail and groccery workers are such garbage.

Because supermarket employees have to serve idiots, something a smart person has little patience for. They will take you on a trip through their idiot world and you have to sit and go along with it because the customer is always right.

Down Down Syndrome is Down
and Staying down,.

The wouldn't solve the problem of having the price tag in the wrong place (like on OP's picture where it was meant to be on the shelf below, though OP didn't realise that).

Down under.

the point of having packaged food price by kg is to make it easier to compare to other packaged food that might come in different sizes

The person putting up the tickets has to do 200+ tickets starting at 6am.
You try doing that within the 2 hours or so without making a mistake.
Protip: You can't.

imagine if that was your product someone had to buy, fucking skippin right over that shit

This is from Australia.
You legally can't drop out of high school, unless you are entering an apprenticeship or some other sort of other upskilling.
Even if you end up failing, you still have to be there until 17/18.

Seriously this is a Woolworths store in Australia.

Perhaps the over night unpackers stocked the wrong shelf or only had 400g size on the load pallets.

So just buy 10 boxes for $36 and call it a night faggot.

>wow a sticker id in the wtong spot lmfao wut a tard lol fag niggers! me so smarter.

Its not in the wrong spot, one is per package the other per kilo.

It's still stupid to put the price tags for the product below instead of the one resting on that shelf, mostly because lots of stupid people go to the supermarket and won't figure it out by theirselves and complain on the checkout.

top shelf is the 400g bottom shelf is the 1000g

/Solved

In Monopoly money

Who else would work in a supermarket if not stupid people

Great, now you can have up to the second updates tracking the price of rotting fish.