Holy fuck, why is this so bad? Just started watching it, and all the characters are unbearable. Why did it take off?

Holy fuck, why is this so bad? Just started watching it, and all the characters are unbearable. Why did it take off?

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/1129760/c81b148e6e/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's a loaded question

The last part of the series is terrible. I didn't even finish it.

Idk I tried watching it as well but hated it. Just one of those shows that people like but can't explain why exactly they like it or why it's good.

And you haven't even seen worst girl yet. Nia a shit. Fuck forced moebait.

1. it took off because it was good
2. its bad to you because you are retarded

Hope that helps!

Every single Gurren Lagann fag is a permavirgin who jacks off to the very poorly drawn Yoko.

Same reason Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Texhnolyze, FLCL, Serial Experiments Lain, Space Dandy, Steins;Gate, Ergo Proxy, and Ghost in the Shell took off.

Teenage males, the largest demographic.

Excuse me but I jack off exclusively to Satania.

e-hentai.org/g/1129760/c81b148e6e/

Someone who enjoys a series via self-inserting as protagonists isn't usually self-aware enough to understand that this is why they enjoy the series.

Because it's a bunch of mecha references from the 70's onwards with a bad plot barely holding them together.

Don't watch it, it's level of fucking Pokemons.

breasts are way too big, not satania.

It was a different time

ITT I hate something people like please give me your approval Sup Forums

Kanto League is 10/10, though. Don't insult it by comparing it to TTGL.

No, no... That`s can`t be right. That`s Satania. She just blossomed a bit.

It's a story about the human spirit triumphing over everything else in an over the top way, that's why I like it.

What the fuck kind of apostrophe is that are you even human?

Nigger you're like a decade late.
Troll harder. You're probably a kyofag.
Let me guess, your next NEW anime is going to be FLCL?

I have a 7.03 inch penis and my favourite colour is blue as in Rem`s hair.

Because enough people liked it and supported it with enough money and you just have your own opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

>Rem
Who?

blue

Anti-Spiral detected

Oh is that a horse shoeƉ

Come fight me on [s4s] if you're gonna act so tough

I`m tired of that game

Holy fuck. How can you hate this series so much. Since you never mention the name of the series in your OP text I'm guessing that you've posted the wrong picture. Check your OP picture, please.

Satania has large Satanias, almost up there with Raphi.

how the mangaka managed to create such an interesting world (soul society) but all the protags are fucking boring as shit

The only thing pissed me off when they killed off kamina

How could that piss you, or anybody off. Pretty much every character that dies in TTGL (that isn't some nobody) has deathflags out the ass prior to them actually dying. It was incredibly obvious from very early on that Kamina's reason for existing is so his death can effect some sort of change in Simon.

>disliking TTGL is trolling
It's not 2007 anymore user.

>Le who do you think we are?
>my robot magically become way stronger and I obviously win the combat
>repeat for each episode

C-C-C-CONTRARIAN

I blame Sup Forums.

TTGL used to be one of my favorites, but with time I kinda stopped caring about it, and desu I think it's the weakest Imaishi project to date, including Dead Leaves

plebs here will never be kamina.

>you lived long enough to see Sup Forums hate TTGL

you must be either a girl or a dude with no balls,TTGL is epicness and manliness winning over anything. if you cant understand that, then you will always hate it

Sup Forums has always hated that trash
Fuck off back to plebbit

Dead Leaves loses shitloads of steam right after the prison break, and I have no idea how he managed to accomplish that because thats when the weird shit with the fast-aging baby and the space tree start happening but its just so hard to care

Dumb contrarian newfag.

Because you are a mentally retarded child

>newfag
No, you're the newcancer.
>contrarian
My favorite series came out before TTGL and was more popular than TTGL everywhere except burgerfuckland.

nu-Sup Forums has turned on TTGL?
I guess it's too manly and hot blooded for all the soft nufags that are coming in now

TTGL is nu-male trash you twerp.
TTGL-loving Sup Forums is nu-Sup Forums.

Shut up autist, everyone knows you're a contrarian newfag.
>Sup Forums has always hated that trash
kek, so fucking delusional.

Try harder, nufag.

Sup Forumseddit isn't Sup Forums.
Sorry newcancer, E7 is a better series and isn't so sophomoric.
How fat are you, by the way?

How heartless do you have to be to hate something as sincere and fun as Gurren Lagann?

It never took off, filthy westerners think japan cares about this garbage.

Have autism like this guy

>Sup Forums has always hated that trash

Were you even here for the sticky?

>eureka seven
HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NUFAGS IN ACTION EVERYONE

Gurren Lagann is fucking SHIT.
watch Getter Robo instead.

>award-winning anime
>"nobody cares"

>sincere
It's not
>fun
Lots of series are fun, some are actually well done.
>western awards
Nobody cares, gaijin.

>has a half-naked girl just to sell merchandise
>rips off a death scene directly from another niptoon
>sincere and fun

Mods are Sup Forumsedditors and in general always have been.
baitu

how can someone miss such strong but simple message in a show, you don't need to be a genius to get it

>aho cloud girl to sell merch to lolicons
>make her not an aho and not a loli to appeal to more people
>kill her off because her role as a plot device and advertisement is over and she's too hard to draw to give a damn

It's done in countless other series, most of which are done better. It's the theme of every major shonenshit.
Sorry kiddo it isn't fucking unique

Get through the beginning first please.

List the ones that do it better.

TTGL is one of the best, if not THE best when it comes to the coming of age "believe in yourself" message.

TTGL was great faggot

>>sincere
>It's not
Great argument.
>Lots of series are fun, some are actually well done.
If something is fun why does it matter whether it's "well done" or not?

>>has a half-naked girl just to sell merchandise
Like all Anime?
>>rips off a death scene directly from another niptoon
Does a homage that lasted for one frame really trigger you so much?

>he doesn't burn with inner fire

Newfags need to get out and stay out. You're just not manly enough.

(You)

Name a better super robot anime

overcoming personal deficits, yeah, there are a lot of other series that have done it already, overcoming THE HUMANITY'S limits themselves, not so often, or with a clear visual cue at least, spiral energy can be interpreted as human intellect and development, a lot of things that humans take for granted today were impossible just over a century ago, fly around the world in a week? not gonna happen, having a live conversation with someone on the other side of the globe? nope, keep dreaming, reach the moon? forget about it, humanity's greatest achievements were considered madness at some point, and only happened because determined individuals never gave up, even the lyrics in Libera me from Hell reference this, there are a lot of intellectual people on the world but few of them are stubborn enough to change it for the better, and if they fail they make sure to inspire a new generation who will take the torch and continue

Nu uh you are!
Great fucking argument kid

You are such a fag. Nu/a/ is the minority, majority of Sup Forums loves this series.

What anime doesnt? If they are half naked they have a body painted battle suit on

I grew out of this kind of donald duck tier logic some decade ago.
So I assume people who liked this crap were teenagers when they saw it first time and just didnt bother to rethink their views as they grew old enough to browse Sup Forums.

>this is what children actually believe
>If something is fun why does it matter whether it's "well done" or not?
Back to plebbit
Progressivist nonsense is literally like 400-500 years old. It's just embarrassing at this point.
You are nu/a/.

> when /m/ has better taste than Sup Forums

>You are nu/a/.
Been here longer than you champ.
I can tell because of all the (you)s you've been responding too.

>he doesnt know you need to respond to every (you)
>he doesnt know you need to convince EVERYONE that replies to you that you're right

No you haven't, you've been here since 2015 you Sup Forumseddit cancer.
On /m/ content? Of course. /m/ rightfully at least appreciates E7 in ways that Sup Forums cannot, and rightfully dismisses trash such as TTGL.

i am /m/ and i liked it.
not as hot blooded as getter robo but still really good.
its a shame that you are a stupid moe fag that helped ruining the anime industry.

>No you haven't, you've been here since 2015 you Sup Forumseddit cancer.
Ive been here since 2007 kiddo deal with it. You are the newfag here.

Good anime doesn't.

Then there is no such thing as good anime

Better characters are introduced later in the series. Viral, Kittan and Rossiu are the only good ones so you'd want to stick around until then.

Well, you can also just, list the ones you think that do it better. But I guess you can't.

best show I have ever watched. commit kys newfag

Relatable characters.

>Rossiu are the only good ones so you'd want to stick around until then.

Threads like this is where newfags and complain about things oldfags like. The only thing they like in their anime is edginess. SAO and AoT are the prime examples.

I always thought Nia was better.

Remember fapping so hard to this image in a magazine back when the show first aired in Burgerland.
Which is why I bought the newly released towel that has it on it.

you forgot pic-related

>ITT: "It's popular, so it's shit that I hate!"
When did Sup Forums become so infested by hipster trash with no ability to enjoy anything but generic FOTM?

I like it PRECISELY because it's so over-the-top and tongue-in-cheek. Don't get me wrong, most of the stuff I watch is a lot more grounded, but sometimes people need something that just uplifts them, not get them to question their mortality or something like that.

It has an incredibly simple message, but it's one that not a lot of people here these days, and so a lot of people are naturally drawn to it. Seriously, I know some of you reading this will think this is nerdy as fuck, but I have legitimately used Kamina's quotes to get me through tough periods of life or to make important decisions.

It's the same reason why people like the Shawshank Redemption, or the Princess Bride, or It's A Wonderful Life. They're simple stories with positive messages, which is something that a lot of people need in a world inundated with morally grey, edgy stuff.

People like The Princess Bride because of how goddamn quotable it is.

>all these newfags slagging a long buried series because they need to overcompensate to fit in
Gurren Lagann was huge and extremely popular on Sup Forums whilst it was airing, but now it's over. No events in the foreseeable future aside from Code Geass Season 3 will have Sup Forums so united.