Man I was really liking JoJo's bizarre adventure and I've just started stardust crusaders (10 eps in) and I feel like...

Man I was really liking JoJo's bizarre adventure and I've just started stardust crusaders (10 eps in) and I feel like it completely lacks what made the first part great, I'm just sitting around waiting for Dio to show up at this point.

Keep in mind that Jojo becomes a monster of the week series around Part 3 and there's no going back from here

I didn't really like Jotaro as MC so I was glad they kept Joseph around, but the character is completely different to how he was in his arc, has very few interesting moments so far.

aw nice, someone else who actually likes part 1 and 2 more.

Polnareff is pretty much the main character for part 3. Jotaro is... cool. That's basically his character.

Skip to the Dio figh, then skip to the Kira fight.

You won't be missing out anything. Kill anyone who tells you otherwise.

Part 1 and 2 both had their own flavour and every episode was different, they both felt short and sweet. Part 3 is the same shit every episode and it feels like it drags on. Hoping Dio saves it before I drop the show. Part 2 is my fav by far I think.

shit taste desu

What does it have over part 1&2? They even dropped the stylized inner-monologues for some reason.

Sorry to burst your bubble but DIO only arrives in the last 3 episodes.

keep going, it picks up when dio kills kakyoin and joseph

Nooooooooooooooo

Okay thanks for that dude.

Part 2 was the only good one.

This

8/10 needs more posing

This.

Part 3 is the best part desu

>Part 4 is the best part desu baka kawaii
ftfy

Just skip the shitty anime and read the manga

prepare for another thirty episodes of enemy stand of the week

Is that all it is now? fuck me, that is disappointing. Do they ever do Hamon again?

Joseph uses hamon a couple of times, but it's virtually useless against enemy stands and most of the creatures vulnerable to it are long dead. He largely dropped training with it after part 2 ended anyway, though there's probably still that group of martial artists in Italy/Tibet/etc that practice it. Lisa Lisa is still alive cause she's so damn good with it, for that matter.

no

3 was pretty meh but 4 is a step back in the right direction. 5 onwards blends the extreme length that 3 and 4 had with the more focused stories of 1 and 2 and it gets better and better from then on. It doesn't help with the anime that they dragged Stardust Crusaders as much as they could to milk the wallets of Jap nostalgiafags.

Wait for Steel Ball Run son. Best part.

Nah Hamon was dropped because Araki thought ESP would be more versatile going forward and came up with Stands as a way to depict telepathy and mind powers in a way that wasn't just things floating or energy blasts. He had no idea what the fuck he was doing with them in Part 3 and it shows, but afterwards they're better than Hamon in pretty much every single way.

>most of the creatures vulnerable to it are long dead
Surely Hamon could murk Dio still?

Yes, and Joseph tries. But Dio is Dio, he knows better than to fall for the same trick twice.

I feel you, when both Zeppeli's died it was sad, they were major characters with established backstories...the first MC death in pt3 Abdul was just...ok I guess he's dead, noone cares anymore? Fair enough, moving on...

7 = 6 > 5 = 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 (manga)

2 > 4 > 1 > 3 (anime)

Part 8 is fucking primo, easily my favourite already though I don't rank it since it's still like 3+ years away from finishing.

Pt3 would've been way better if Joseph kept his character from part 2, all the goofy and witty moments made part 2 great.

Because Avdol doesn't actually die there, it was a setup for a shitty gag where everyone BUT Polnareff knew he was alive but they didn't tell him because he can't keep his mouth shut and he'd let slip that he was still alive and an assassin would kill him before he recovered fully.

>3+ years away from finishing
Hopefully it lasts forever.
Gappy should live a happy life.

I might drop the anime for the manga, I was really liking the stylistic choices in 1&2 but they aren't really there in 3, I think the only thing they kept was the color palette swapping, which is actually confusing as fuck sometimes (like when JoJo tries to burn the slime stand off and it turns red)

Oh... well that makes sense. You don't know that at the time though, even Polnareff is making jokes by the end of the episode.

I only just realized that the pin tattoo on Poor Tom says "CODA". That's neat.

>all these anons who like 2 over 3. Great tastes
Dio's final fight in part 3 is fucking lame if you listen to the hype. Don't let people overhype it for you with his steamroller n shit.

Yeah the anime was a definite improvement on the manga for 1-2, but 3 not so much. They didn't make as many changes to make it work better as an anime as they did to 1-2 and they dragged it out way too much because it was the peak of the manga's popularity back in the early 90s and they wanted to sell more Blu Rays. 1 and 2 together are 113 chapters and 3 is 152 chapters, yet they adapted it in nearly twice the number of episodes as 1-2. The manga for 3 is still too long for it's own good but it retains a lot of the charm the first two Parts had that's lacking in the anime for 3. The anime for 4 was a step back in the right direction where they actually tried to improve on the source material and the changes they made were all excellent, it's just that they had fuck-all time and money during production so it looks really cheaply made and is only 39 episodes despite being 20 chapters longer than Part 3.

1-2 in the anime and 3 onwards in the manga is the best imo.

You talking anime or manga? The anime version is where they ran out of money and it looks like shit compared to all the filler episodes beforehand as well as being crammed into 4 episodes when it easily could have been done in 5 or 6 without being rushed.

Did they really spend all their money on boring filler character episodes and then skimp on THE DIO FIGHT thats been hyped up/foreshadowed for the entire season?

Thanks user, is it worth reading 1&2 if I just watched them? I ask because some anime/mangas are a very stark contrast like Berserk, where the anime is fucking dogshit compared to the manga.

Proof that normies want the same shit over and over. Why do you want these things back? The best thing about jojo is that each part has its own distinct feel to it. Also monster of the week formula becomes good at part 5

Part 7 has more of am overarching plot.

Exact same thoughts as you, user.
Terence deserves all the budget, yes.
Two birds in one stone for Araki. Both album name and anime nod. Is a nice gesture if intentional.
Still waiting in Dja though...

It still looks good considering it was pretty high budget but it was allocated poorly, the penultimate fight (Polnareff vs. Vanilla Ice) has better animation than DIO's World as do a lot of the inconsequential filler fights. The DIO fight looks good in the important bits but there's still more noticeable QUALITY moments and obvious cost cutting measures taken than earlier in the season. It's still good but unfortunately not as good looking as it could have been, and a little too fast paced to be as tense as the manga version which was 18 fucking chapters long. The Part 3 anime was kind of a mess to be honest, it really was aimed more at people who've already read the manga than new fans like 1-2 were. The anime for 4 feels more like 1-2 in that regard, though it's kind of cheap looking because of the lower budget unfortunately.

I'm not saying I want it to be exactly the same, just that part 3 feels like it's stretched too thin, every episode of 1 and especially 2 was good, watching 3 I feel like I'm waiting for it to get good all the time.

Nah, Part 1 had a bunch of things from Jonathan's childhood skipped and some scenes from Dio's POV skipped and 2 had one meme character who shows up for a single page and some training scenes skipped, but otherwise they're pretty faithful.

Assuming you're the same person as before, why's the OP more cynical?

Anyway, your main problem is that the SC anime's pretty shit. The reason the pacing drags so much is because it adapts 2-3 chapters per episode with no real mind for the content; as a consequence, arcs like The Sun, which in the manga is 2 short chapters that should only take a couple minutes to read, get their own episodes. Another problem's that it kinda snips background characterisation, which leaves Jotaro kinda shafted as he never vocalises his feelings, so aside from times when the plot calls for him acting otherwise (The Sun comes to mind again) he's got the edgy scowl permanently bolted on.

I'm agreeing with really.

Just enjoy the ride. That's what jojo is about. And yes, part 3 anime is incredibly stretched out, but it has a lot of great moments

Nice taste, only difference I'd make is putting 4 ahead of 5 and maybe bumping up 3 above 2.

Wasn't me yesterday. That makes sense though, I guess one of my main problems with this part was the lack of development for the MC, I feel like Jonathan/Joeseph had more development in the first 3 episodes than Jotaro has had in 15. He's just an edgelord who's occasionally a good guy.

Anime. Never read the Manga, yet if I ever will. I should just to play more all-star battle

>all-star battle
We need a new game now that Part 8 has more God-tier characters like Damo and Urban (RIP)

>ITT: Good opinions
2>1>>>.

>Gappy with a shovel

Part 3 (Anime) > Part 1 (Anime)
Part 1 just felt way too slow.

>He just sits and looks at his phone for messages from Yasuho while Soft & Wet beats their faces in with a shovel

Only nu-males and pussies think Stardust Crusaders was weak

The fuck? You thought part 1 is slow compared to 3? 3 is slow as fuck, 1 was over by the time 3 is still wanking over filler villains.

I wasn't really a fan of 1's plot. The first half of part 3 was also slow for me though.

1 was slow in the action department, but good in drama/character building, 3 is just slow in general.

>58 days until Jump Festa 2018

t. manliest guy on Sup Forums

Hearing Joseph speak English was probably the best part.

Phantom Blood: 44 chapters, 9 episodes (4.9 chapters an episode average)

Battle Tendency: 69 chapters, 17 episodes (4.1 chapters an episode average)

Stardust Crusaders: 152 chapters, 48 episodes (3.2 chapters an episode average)

Diamond is Unbreakable: 174 chapters, 39 episodes (4.5 chapters an episode average)

4 chapters feels like the golden ratio for how much content should be adapted per episode with JoJo, the Parts that adapt significantly more or less have pacing as one of their biggest detractors (3 is way too fucking slow, 1 in general and certain stretches of 4 are way too fast etc). The best parts of the anime have been most of 2 and certain parts of 4 because they covered enough content to feel worthwhile and also weren't just straight adaptations for nostalgia baiting Japs like the anime for 3.

Oh noooooooooo!

A 39 episode Part 5 anime adaptation will be announced there. I'm a priest you can trust me.

How can I trust you when you can't even destroy the universe correctly?

Except Ceaser never did anything. Yeah Joseph is sad because they are "best friends" but we skip over them actually becoming friends. It goes from two people who hate and disrespect each other when first meeting the pillar men straight to "We trust each other with our lives" during the fallout of the ACDC fight without actually seeing the friendship develop to care about it.

Maybe its because Steel Ball Run did that amazingly and makes parts 1 and 2 look like poor fanfic level writing

To be fair it was pretty weak in the anime. Manga it's a lot better, but still not as good as 4 onwards.

Literally the best manga attack ever. You have a powerful, versatile psychic ability but you're fucking terrified so in the heat of the moment instead of using it's power you make it beat an old woman half to death with a shovel and push her two stories down into concrete and Run the fuck away barefoot because she got blood on your Jordans.

I kind of figured it was implied they bonded over the harsh training.

>character building

You mean Dio building as he was the only character deeper than a puddle. The only real exception is Speedwagon's transformation from thug to best wingman in history.

Jonathan had a ton of development too, like most of the arc was about his transformation from a spoiled rich brat to a respectable man and how Dio still had that same image of him from when they met, that was why he hated him so much.

>YWN smash a sleeping rock human in pose 1 into little shitty pebbles
>YWN molest a sleeping rock human in pose 5

I wonder if all the rock humans are involved in the smuggling ring or if that's only a small fraction of them and the rest are just trying to live out normal lives as best as they can.

Isn't it confirmed to be the latter? The info section talks about how they really just want to chill in the forest, but humanities growth means that much of their natural habitats are destroyed, which is probably what Urban's group wants to stop.

I think Dolomite wanted to stay largely uninvolved too, there'd definitely be people like him out there.

It looks like only Damo and his cronies were involved with the smuggling, Damo didn't call Urban or Tom when he attacked the household and it's been established a few times in the manga itself that Damo was the last surviving member of the smuggling group. He clearly knew of Urban and Tom, but they weren't involved with his smuggling and wanted to keep the Rokakaka for Rock Humans whereas Damo wanted to sell it and leech off of rich humans. Most are like Dolomite probably, though less crippled, and then there are guys like atom and Urban who are hardline race supremacists and guys like Damo who don't give a shit and are just out for themselves.

It's baka desu senpai

You thought it was going to be a good part, but it was me, DIO!!

Please consider suicide.

you fucking already made the exact same thread yesterday, fuck yourself

>Doctors

We've been over this, it wasn't me.

EDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDI, WHAT'S WRONG?

Avdol dies, then turns out he isn't dead, is killed again, dio kills joseph, but is resurrected with dio's blood, jotaro kills dio by having the same ability as dio's stand, the world, which stops time

only part 1 is worse than 3

i felt the same way when i started part 3 but believe me it gets really good at the end now fuck off before you get spoiled

I believe you mean Part 2.

Yes, only Nazis and people who like to think they are cleverer then they really are think Part 2 is the best.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Battle Tendency

This

Part 2 is actually fun. Parts 1 and 3 are largely boring and have boring flat protagonists.

>Dio
>Boring.
pick one.

>boring flat protagonists
Jojo largely has that problem, Jonatan, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, Gappy

>monster of the week formula becomes good at 5
I think that's exactly where it goes bad. Fights followed by fights endlessly with no breathing room to develop the characters enough for you to care about them. I'll admit most of the fights were quite entertaining though.

Part 5 still had the best crew imo but if it went beyond "generic shounen" it could have been the best part.

In my opinion I think monster of the week stuff gets good midway into Part 4, it was obviously mastered in 5 but alot of the 4 stuff was good

I agree but I would make 5 > 4

I get Jonathan, Jotaro and Giorno, but Josuke?
He did plenty of stuff aside from being a flat goodguy and had a bunch of varied and fun facial expressions.

>JoJo
>Eps
Fuck off, animeonly.
Read the manga or leave.

Fuck off, dumbass.
Read the thread or leave.