Anyone else unironically watch anime at 2x speed or is that autistic?

Anyone else unironically watch anime at 2x speed or is that autistic?

No, but if I don'T like a character I will just skip her parts

If I'm watching it at 2x speed, I feel like that makes it like work. Why would I do work for pleasure?

I watch anime normally but I read manga at x2 speed sometimes.

Why would you watch it at 2x speed even ironically?

If I ever watch something at 2x speed that's a sign that I should drop it.

I watch some shows around 1.3x to 1.5x speed so I can finish them and watch more anime. 2x speed just gives it a chipmunk voice.

If it's a show that's not worth watching at 1x speed (most anime) then yeah I do it.

>not 3x speed

You might as well not watch it. You're clearly not enjoying it.

>2x speed just gives it a chipmunk voice
You're doing it wrong. Use MPV.

>everything is either black or white
Not enjoying it as much doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, think for a second.

>2x speed just gives it a chipmunk voice.
You aren't using reclock?

>enjoying anime

i'm a hack writer/director
i watch a lot of things for research purposes at 2x speed

2slow

I watch anime as fast as VLC on my phone can play it without stuttering, generally around 3.5x for the average 720p 8-bit file.

>VLC
>on my phone
>3.5x
I hope this is bait, and I hope you die regardless.

I prefer to watch three shows at once on my desktop (one on each monitor) but it's a lot easier to watch on my phone when I'm bent over taking dick, which is how I spend most evenings.

If you do not enjoy something as much as other things in a world of practically endless entertainment, why not watch what you enjoy more?

underrated

This is a joke right? Nobody actually watches anime they have not seen on higher speed right?

>not just taking a single glance at the picture and skipping to the next page.

So this is the power of Spee D. Reader

ADD

I'm a dub only guy. If the show is subbed, I put it on 2x speed, because I don't need to hear the voice acting and I read rather fast, so 2x speed ain't a problem. It's also a great way to save time. I just watched all seasons of Sayonara Zetaubo Sensei in 2 days. Had I done it in normal speed, I would have spent a week or more on it.

you goddamn monster

>show has no subtitles
>can only watch at 1.5x speed because I can't follow Japanese any faster than that while subs are easily readable except for text-heavy shows at 3-4x speed
Why have you forsaken me, HS/fansubbers?

Because I've already exhausted it.

The autist part of me is the fact that when I start a show I cannot drop it midseason, even if I obviously don't like it. So if I have to endure througb a show I put it at 2x or sometimes more. I watch stuff that I enjoy at normal speed.

Detective Conan is unwatchable at 1x speed, because everyone talks super slowly like they've had a stroke. Everything seems like it's in slow motion because they have to stretch out the source material so much.
Shounen that run alongside the manga often have this problem. It's worse when there are flashbacks as well. I was only capable of finishing Naruto by nudging up the playback speed dial.

Every shonen is unwatchable thanks to that. Events that a good director would fit in half an episode, take 3 episodes to unfold. It always goes like this: attack > instant replay of the attack > analyzing the attack > 3 - 4 flashbacks about all of the characters in the fight > another replay of the attack > more flashbacks > counterattack. They can not expect me to watch it at normal speed.

That's a cute little joke you made there.

Reminder that if you watch shows at speeds other than normal you are actually retarded and should probably watch something that entertains you more

>not just reading the episode sypnosis from wikipedia.
Plebs.

I watch the ones I like at normal speed

I don't think it is possible to exhaust the world. There is so much out there. If anime has you so jaded, that you need to fast forward it, maybe it is time to reorient and find a new wonder. Birdwatching for example.

Oh, user, what... you thought speedwatching was a meme? These morons are everywhere. Speedwatchers, speedreaders, speedplayers, speedlurkers, etc.

My roommate watches youtube and plays games while he watches anime on a second screen.

Then proceeds to say that he didnt like parts of the show because there was no context

>who is Reg
>why cant they go up in the Abyss?
>so white whistles are the bad guys right?
>i dont really get who this cat blob is or why i should care

i have been refusing to share food with him for the past 3 weeks

>My roommate watches youtube and plays games while he watches anime on a second screen.
My roommate does this too and is also a dubfag when it's available (likely to make this process easier). But somehow he's autistic enough to actually grasp everything he's consuming. He also steals my food constantly

watching at 2x speed is retarded. i usually put 2 episodes on at once on different screens though. sometimes a third on my phone.

kek i thought i was the only one

This is exactly what I do

I was born by exceptional visual and aural perception. I can process visual and aural information at much faster rate compared to normal humans and can even slow down my perception of time. So i can easily watch anything at 100x. Although i require special setup to achieve this so that when i slow down my perception of time it actually feels like i am watching anime at normal speed