Is the American dream possible today?

Is the American dream possible today?

Should the government do anything to help if so?

Attached: 9C3429BC-161E-4701-BAEB-7ABC05344485.jpg (1013x1013, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLNFkVozCEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The American dream is alive and well. It just requires hard work and dedication in order to be able to live the middle class lifestyle. To become upper class requires the same but also a fair amount of luck. Besides limiting gibs and immigration, I don't think the government should have anything to do with determining people's lot in life. That should be entirely up to them and their willingness to work for it.

the american dream

Attached: 1518785869385.png (1024x617, 1.21M)

Would fugg repeatedly then marry white girl

Yeah but what about those coming from forgeign countries possibly dirt poor, assuming they’re legal, should the govt aid in anyway more than something like welfare? Imb4 fuck immigrants

People think you can just jump to uber rich status and don't understand generational transfer of wealth. It's why nogs will be permanent underclass

You can't come legally if you're dirt poor. Legal paths require money, or a job here to sponsor work visa, or a spouse/family member that can support you

>Should the government do anything to help if so?
the only thing the government could do to help the dream is cease to exist

its late. Try the American dream again tomorrow.

It doesn't feel that way to me. The cost of housing and living continues to skyrocket, whole sectors of the economy have been outsourced or automated. Wages continue to suck butt cheeks. I'm out.

My wife and I are moving to Germany. I'm going to sell my formerly $66k house (price we paid for it in 2012) for $215k (current estimate, not joking) and GTFO. I'm sick of spending 250 a week on groceries. I'm sick of $300 Cellphone bills and $80 internet bills. I'm sick of not being able to afford vacations or renovations to my home, or a nice dinner once in a while. I used to love this place. I loved what it promised and the ideas it once stood for. This place is shit. It's not going to get better here because no one has the courage to lead us to a better future. The Nigs and the Beaners won. I'm not raising my soon to be child in this shit-fest. Deuces, niggers!

My wife is a German citizen so
>inb4 "fuck off we're full"

Attached: 1519611543434s.jpg (115x125, 2K)

there was never such thing to begin with

The government should provide no aid to immigrants whatsoever. Migrating and making something of yourself without government intervention should be the standard. If you come to this country and require any form of public welfare then clearly you are not an ideal immigrant. Immigration should be a challenge and a test of a person's willingness to face adversity to achieve greater things. It should not be an exercise in choosing the country with the easiest path towards gibs.

American dream is still very real. Don't listen to the MSM and garbage that leaks from urban areas. If you are white, 95% of the geographical united states is till yours for the taking. Just don't listen to the inner city harpy that wants to suck you into their system.

Do it. Moved to SEA. My monthly costs went from 5k (meager lifestyle) to 1100 a month (lavish lifestyle)

Just for the cost of my monthly healthcare premiums I can go to muay thai+yoga+personal training sessions every other day. And get massages twice a week.

America is beyond cucked. Cash in those real estate bags asap.

>the government should
>the government should
when the fuck are disgruntled normies going to realise that they are the object of government and organise

>American dream
>Should the government do anything to help
Those two are not compatible.
American dream is based on self-reliance.
>Should the government do anything to help?
Cut taxes

Of America the universal verdict of history is that it constitutes, without a single exception, the most thoroughly base and despicable form that civilization has yet assumed . . . There has been no other enduring civilization so absolutely destitute of all the forms and elements of greatness . . . Its vices were the vices of men who had ceased to be brave without learning to be virtuous . . . The history of the colonies is a monotonous story of the intrigues of mongrels, slavers and women, of corpulence, of imbecility, of uniform ingratitude, of perpetual encopresis

youtube.com/watch?v=RLNFkVozCEM

Just stumbled into a job making 70k a year on my marketing degree I just finished at 33. That after being a complete NEET loser for many years.

It can be done lads. Don't give up.

Attached: rabbit.jpg (640x425, 86K)

>Is the American dream possible today?

Not a chance in hell.

You are wither born into wealth, or luck out in an opportunity to sell yourself for some coin.

Hard work won't get you anywhere but an early grave.

it's called a dream for a reason you spastic fuck

Fucking bullshit. My father and I started a company simply reselling shit online. We make an honest livable income compared to when we started.
It's still a thing, just don't get a fucking art degree and be smart, dumbass.

>Should the government do anything to help if so?
who do you think fucked it up? They got into power either sold out or where black mailed into selling 95% of the people in this country for the benefit of the other 5%.

Attached: NAP.jpg (800x516, 71K)

how is one supposed to achieve the dream when they have an life changing injury or disease?

I guess us gene failures need to off ourselves to end the futile attempt at changing our situations. I have already removed my self from dating as to not breed my shit genes.

>Fucking bullshit. My father and I started a company simply reselling shit online.

oh? what kind of shit do you sell?

You're retarded if you think living in Germany is cheaper than Murica. Also if you want to live in a whie enclave in Germany it comes with its costs.

Shit we buy from storage lockers at auctions. We have a store and all. Shit sells if you know how to describe something and take a photo.

>Shit we buy from storage lockers at auctions. We have a store and all. Shit sells if you know how to describe something and take a photo.

So, you are craigslist?

What the fuck kind of idiot are you that you spend that much on food and cellphones for two people? I pay less in groceries for my family of four and my cellphone bill is 25 bucks. Jesus shop at Walmart or get a food Lion mvp card or something. You don't have to get all your groceries at whole foods and have iPhones with unlimited data plans on premium networks. Fuck your ignorance makes me mad i really hope you just made all that shit up.

Attached: 408d80e478395f3de2d025bc9440ff2a.jpg (288x288, 17K)

>should the government do anything to help?
The government should help anyone who's fallen on hard times and wants to improve himself and contribute to the state; anyone who takes advantage of the assistance (I.e., your typical nigger/wetback) should be put to slavery.

Hell yeah, and mostly eBay. But we still make bank. Stop thinking about how you make your money and how that looks socially, but how you would get money and increase your wealth and you'll be fine.

You haven't visited the US if you think it's cheap here. I've seen your cost of living. You krauts would wail to the heavens if you had to pay the prices we have here. You have amazing food for next to nothing. And at the moment, your housing is much more reasonable than ours. Dead serious. Shit has changed meine bro.

Attached: 1520605835496.jpg (243x393, 86K)

Are you done? Because literally everything you have said was false.

T-mobile with samsung phones
Kroger and sav-a-lot grocery stores
TJmaxx for clothing and housewares
No cable tv
virtually no luxuries
Not in debt

What the fuck kind of bullshit are you talking about with $25 cellphone bill? You rocking a flip-phone with prepaid minutes or some shit? Fuck off with that garbage.

Attached: 1519515132604.png (295x289, 37K)

Here's a quick screen shot of my phone bill the last few months. I use Google fi and have a Nexus 6p. Don't go to kroger. That is too high class for you. Go to Walmart and buy great value brand. I make 6 figures and often times I'll shop there because I'm just a cheap faggot.

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-111435-01.jpg (1440x1868, 138K)

We have much higher taxes though. And salaries here are much lower, normal Germans can't afford housing mein bro.

Nigga look up H20 phone plans, as for 200 a week on food Jesus Christ you must be fat as hell or have a family of 8 with 200 I can keep me and my spouse fed for a month.

That may be, but with the money we get from selling this house, we could buy a property in Germany for cash, outright. Then we just have to survive. Doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me. Plus meine Frau can see her family more and her parents can see their soon-to-be grandchild. Her dad has parkinsons so he can't come visit us in the states anymore. Traveling that far has become troublesome.

I used Google Fi, and it hasn't been a good value. They use T-Mobile/Sprint which are the shittiest carriers to operate on as an MVNO with really spotty service. And their data plan is $10 pre gb which is definitely not a good value.
I've been with Page Plus (Verizon MVNO) for a year now, and their plans and services are great. I currently pay about $28/mo for unlimited talk+text, with 2GB LTE, and after the 2GB is used up, you get unlimited 2G connectivity.

very possible ask gov for help, i did and now i earn 100k+ a year with my own business

No you nigger. We aren't fat primarily because we spend 200 a week to avoid buying the carb and sugar jew.

what you should really ask is why you even consider asking whether or not other people's tax dollars should be given to you without earning it. how about you take out a loan and produce results, no government required. bad credit? you're fucked!

Attached: 1519234421901.jpg (444x513, 39K)

You're either fucking stupid or still living with your parents if you think the COL in US is higher than euro nations.

The American dream has been dead for a while now. I'm thinking of moving to South America soon maybe Argentina but idk yet.

Attached: D45E487B-421D-4850-9FA5-A6E5BE30E95A-66164-0000382BD07B2009.jpg (400x400, 27K)

>le hard work meme
No, the American dream is dead. College is an extortionist, mafia roadblock barring young people from even having a shot at meaningfully interacting with the economy. STEM majors are finding themselves unemployed and underemployed. Home ownership, at this point, is a distant dream for a lot of millennials. Never mind the fact that modern women are absolutely worthless, so any dream of a loyal, qt, stay-at-home wife who hasn't ridden the cock carousel is long gone.

No, the families of native-born people worked hard for several generations to establish themselves, so why shouldn’t newcomers?
>gen 1: janitor, construction worker
>gen 2: military, college degree, trade school (plumber, welder)
>gen 3: small business, professional, doctor, engineer
Giving people more gibs would incentivize human garbage to come here rather than driven individuals with a plan

You're either illiterate or, no wait, you are illiterate because you glazed over the parts where I talk exclusively about "my house" and "my expenses" not my parents house or their expenses.

If you've been to europe in the last 5 years (You) might notice that things do in fact cost less. Some things are more than here, like fuel, but others are cheaper (and arguably better quality) like food, cars, and housewares.

I've frequently traveled between both. I think I have a pretty decent grasp of reality. The reality is, prices are going up here. That's a fucking fact. When you have Ford F150s selling for close to 80k you got issues. INFLATION my nigger. It's real and it's getting worse.

Attached: 1517663147433.jpg (500x383, 45K)

>imagination of a 19 year old fresh from highschool, the post
>complaining about 80k trucks
These have been selling since the early 00s. Get a real job

I fucking love how many alternative carriers there are now. That's why that other dude blaming America for his 300 dollar phone bill kills me. Google fi works fine for me because i use so little data but I'll look into alternatives when my phone dies or they piss me off.

Your genetics not the wealth your parents have determine success

I'm not complaining about trucks you autist. I'm holding up indicators for which you should be concerned. My house, which I paid cash for in 2012 at 66k because it was over 2000 sqft with land and vitrually the price of a used lexus is now worth close to 220? Excuse me? I know our renovation job wasn't that damn good, so clearly something changed.

>19yo kid
>parents basement
>get a real job

Boomer detected.

Attached: 1518813710917.jpg (750x750, 70K)

For some things, Kroger is cheaper than Wal Mart. Kroger also has a nice dollar produce section.

A better question is where did you live in the US? Did you make the bad choice of refusing to move out of NYC, DC, LA, or San Francisco? If so, you could have just transferred your skill set to a city where they don't double the price of food and rent because of inexcusably high minimum wages and rent controlled housing. Shit nigga, you're stupid as fuck if you think Germany is actually going to be any better.

ITT

Good goy cuck wage slaves who are proud of their boring mundane meager life and take pride in working for their boss Mr. Shlomo Shekelsteingoldbergsteinowitszczski

The American dream is alive it's a dream of being the most degenerate consuming materialist greedy crypto kike

Americans are temporarily embarrassed millionaires

You sound like an r9k neet. Poor baby, life is so hard! You know you're probably the first person to have to deal with things being difficult. I really feel sorry for you hopefully the government will pass some magical law that will give you money and an obedient qt gf. Quit being such a whiny bitch and learn a fucking trade.

>calling others autistic while shouting all over the thread about how your countrymen can't possibly be living cheap
>using the term nigger endearingly
Please move to yurop. We don't need you weighing the country down.

I have lived in the outskirts of Nashville for most of my life. With short little stints in other states, but always returning here. As I said, I'm not trying to be a rat race runner. I just want a humble life where I'm not getting ass-fucked by costs. It used to be pretty good living on 30-50k. Not anymore.

The fact you say an F150 costs 80k proves you're living beyond your means. No location change will save you from that. A new F150 cost 28k but yours has to be top of line.

Whatever you say bro. I'm sure your contributions to society are worthy of the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Attached: 1516287416024.jpg (680x299, 16K)

God damn. I don't own a truck. I never said I bought one. Only that I knew some have sold for that. Jesus christ, I don't even like trucks, but whatever man. Continue to ignore the fact that the US is in a fucked up bubble and a major correction is due.

>falling for the trade meme
Yeah, how about no? I’m not working some shitty job with limited mobility just to opt into a society that has nothing to offer me. The sooner things come crashing down the better.

Your root cause analysis is shit, my man. You are your own problem and running away to a foreign land ain't gonna help you.

Lol spewing typical Boomer cuck shit

You know damn well that the service industry where majority of people are employed is going to crash and burn

So Millennials go out and get a physical labor job making 40 Grand per year on your knees with a destroyed body fixing someone's HVAC, someone is going to have to pay for my Social Security!!

Just remember to pay your taxes and work overtime!

Considering I was in the 33% tax bracket last year, yes I have.
No worries, you'll be there too when you move to krautland and start quickly understanding that no matter where you live, someone will always have their hands in your pocket.

It's alive and well. The US is still a net good in the world.

GTFO faggot

It is not possible if the (((shadow))) government destroys your family. This happened to mine. My father was even in Starfish Prime/Operation Dominic, where they blew up nukes in the upper atmosphere over Johnston Island and then exposed Coast Guardsmen to it.

I am the trade meme. That guy is a faggot. Trade guys like me are now having to compete with third worlders and our earning potential either stagnates or declines while prices go up.

>hurr duh herrr just get a jub and sack up

I swear to god those boomers seized control of every industry and position of authority and then shut the doors behind them and raised the bar to entry. Fuck them.

>I’m not working some shitty job with limited mobility just to opt into a society that has nothing to offer me. The sooner things come crashing down the better.

I couldn't agree with this more. Not only does it have nothing to offer you, it is actively trying to genocide you as well. So there's that.

Attached: 1515870426281.jpg (652x600, 57K)

Hard work and determination no longer translates to reward. maybe it never did, idk.

I have two collegiate diplomas, a journeymans status, and an aunt that could buy islands. I dont know anything but debt and frugal behavior.

This.

>tfw will never be able to make it unless you’re in tech
>tfw run down starter houses are $700k

Attached: EA3C0362-57BB-472C-844F-46D2324611EF.jpg (593x601, 52K)

You should do your family a solid and kys now. Maybe then your kids won't remember you as a giant crying pussy, you'll be a distant memory as their mom deepthroat's Muhammad's sour cock.

Attached: Vladimir-Putin-Mixed-with-Daniel-Craig--112144.jpg (800x1137, 185K)

Where the hell do you live?

>Boomer

HI SHAREBLUE FAGGOT!!!!!

You sound like me!! Military Tech training, Continued tech training post service, many certs, many years spotless record, start-up biz, and I too, have a corporate aunt who plays literal solitaire/facebook all day who clears 6 figures. Meanwhile my wife and I get to struggle to keep the lights on. Fuck man. Feels bad.

Attached: 1513918630574.jpg (971x565, 141K)

This shithole

A literal tear down uninhabitable residence over an hour drive from San Francisco just sold for over $400k.

A 900 square foot cuck shed nearby Apple HQ just sold for over 2 million

Attached: A7E699F5-D6B6-437B-B888-655B169244D3.png (472x476, 8K)

Neocon civic nationalist oath keeping boomer worshipping boot licker detected

>ShareBlue
Go back to r/the_Donald you dumb nigger, Neoliberal activists either are or love boomers.

We need more recycling centers. The government should be investing in the plastic recycling machines that give you a little change back.

America is doing fine the small businesses are picking up again.

American dream is when you rent apartments to niggers and Mexican, become rich, get a white prostitute, then pretend until divorce that it is nuclear family. After that you drink whiskey, bang random prostitutes and cry on Sup Forums about white nationalism.

Attached: that's the best you can do.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

Well that's your first problem, you live in California, and not just necessarily rural Cali, you live in the region of Silicon Valley, and some of the worst degeneracy and taxes of the states in America.
You might wanna consider getting out if you can, unless you're in the region where
parts of California is splitting off to make their own state .

Family, home with a picket fence, two and a half children? For most people no.

Women are taught to lose their femininity and men to lose their manliness, so the family unit is dysfunctional. Homes are built like shit on small plots of land, and neighbors are not friendly enough for a picket fence. Since women insist on career over family, you'll be lucky to have a single child without Down's Syndrome.

Your new American Dream is self-preservation.

What about living for adventure like Jack Kerouac or Herbert Huncke?

>metropcs
>Costco or Walmart maybe aldi if there's one around
>netflix
The US is big and there's plenty of cheaper areas to move to like Idaho. You don't have to move to another country to make a living.

Should the gov do sometimes, wat about can the government do anything with out going money to the corrupt within the government. Do people really understand reality, so when they find the problems they can fix them.

>Since women insist on career over family, you'll be lucky to have a single child without Down's Syndrome
>tfw my mom chose a teaching career with special education and waited until her mid 30s to get married and have me an only child with mild learning disibilities
At least she was able to help me with school because of her masters in special education.

nobody cares about your dreams idiot we live in reality

Here's the redpill how much you need to make per hour in Anglosphere to cover basic needs.

Attached: living wage 2017 Canada Ireland New Zealand United Kingdom USA.png (292x504, 27K)

Where did they get those figures

$42,000 in San Francisco is poverty tier

Come on now San Francisco is expensive, everybody knows that. You can live with less dollar per hour, but you will never be without debt.

I get that things can be found marginally cheaper, but that's not going to fix the bigger issue. Inflation is beginning it's brutal ascent.

I can only cut expenses so far, before I either have to find a way to drastically increase my income, which I don't currently have a magic bullet for, or something gives in the economy so that normal people don't have to live exclusively on processed garbage and thrift store hand-me-downs.

This isn't a work ethic problem. I've been working my ass off since I was 13, now 35.
I can now clearly see where my quality of life has decreased for the same amount of output. Fresh out of the military, I had a good tech job. It paid 13 an hour, which back in the early 2000's was pretty decent wagecuck pay. I had a nice-ish car, a nice one bedroom apt in the white part of town. Quality clothing, name brand food, new furniture etc.

I mean I know it sounds like whining. But I've never been a drain on society. I've always pulled my own weight and I never asked for gibs. Why should I be made to live and feel like fucking scum because I don't want to climb the corporate ladder and take over the world? I'm perfectly content with having my little slice of paradise to raise my family, live a humble life and leave behind a decent legacy. Something has to change. I can't be the only one.

Attached: 1516132651364.jpg (495x480, 94K)

"basic needs". Aka, I need to be close to the citayyyy, I just love the vibe and everyone knows your vibe A-TRACT-S YOUR TRIBBBE, slay queen. Also I need to eat out at least 6 times per month, yasssss I know it's 40 dollars every time, but everyone has a human right to have a meal cooked for them at least twice a week, queen. Let's not forget I need fresh looking shoes every year and the latest, flattest phone and tv, slayyyyy.

Did I mention that I can't live without being in proximity to price gouging jew hives?

I'm living it.

The american dream is to get shot, I think you're doing pretty well at it

Basic needs is basic shelter, food and some basic clothing, transport and basic healthcare. Not calculated into this are expensive things, not calculated are travels, not calculated are expensive food..etc.

Attached: basic needs.jpg (618x338, 48K)

American dream is a coma.

>Something has to change. I can't be the only one.
It won't and you aren't.

The systematic devaluation of your work is real and there is no reason to change that direction, everything is being made more effective every year and the end result is clear.

You don't matter and there is nothing for you to do in the future.

Make no mistake, you can do all sorts of shit but the reality of our uselessness is real and the change has to be an fundamental one to how we evaluate resources and work in general.

A farmer in Iceland some 75 years ago had about 5-10 cows and had at least 4-6 farmhands and serviced mostly himself and his workers, the remainder was sold for some profit. Today I know a father and son farmer, have 200+ cows, service about 2500-5000 people on average during low and high seasons.

The increase in efficiency is staggering, there is no fucking way labor can maintain its value at these rates of efficiency.

The best thing the government can do to help is fuck off

I guess that's it then. We have brought society to it's apex and we are now obsolete useless eaters.

Shit. I didn't want to take a black pill for lunch today.

Attached: 1516932208826.jpg (446x362, 39K)

Then I question the legitimacy of your statistics. 15 an hour times 40 is 600 per week, or about 32 grand per year. A single person can easily live off of half of that if they are intelligent with their money. If you chose to have a family without having the means, you're at fault.

If two income earners in the household can't hit 15/hour combined, then they're functionally retarded and need gubmint assistance anyways.
A one br not near a jew hive is about 700 per month plus utilities. So about 900 all told. Eat smart and you can feed a family of three with little more than 300/month, that's about 15 grand per year for shelter, utilities and food. Other "essential" needs can be managed with the remaining 10k+ that you have at your disposal if at least one of your household members works full time. Don't buy 2 6 packs per week and you can have some emergency money, but it's not like emergency rooms in the US turn anyone away, they can't.

If this "reference size family" had 3 kids with one income earner making all of the money at less than 15 an hour, it's their own fault. You can avoid this by making responsible decisions.

No reason to give up, it's an issue of a changing value system. Stop focusing on labor as a commodity and see it as a transient property for reaching a service economy.

Service is valued very differently than labor, it's easy to provide shit service (the mexican amerimutt horde) but it's really hard to provide a quality service that people want.