Hey what is this it looks cool I think I'll watch it

>hey what is this it looks cool I think I'll watch it
>46 minutes of footfag shit

>he doesn't like feet
Gay?

>He doesn't appreciate Shinkai's magnum opus

There's literally nothing wrong with cute feet

That's not how you spell Your Nipples

I just want a comfy movie with lots of rain, will this one suffice?

>magnum opus
>literally a braindead teacher-student romance with pretty backgrounds

Shinkai is a hack

I know, it's great isn't it?

Yes.
Not before Your Name he wasnt

I think I actually liked Kimi no Na wa better than Kotonoha. Kotonoha is way too short to give any credibility to the development and is overall too eye-candy. Kimi no Na wa has a very nice first part and only falls apart during the second half.

>Not before Your Name he wasnt
Even then he was best known for 5 wallpapers per second which is the definition of hack writing.

Listen bud, unless it's Danganronpa 3 levels of hack writing, no one cares.

>teacher-student romance
That's the best part.

Thanks for selling this I'll watch it right away

So what you're saying is that 5/cm is his greatest work.

yes

it is unironically. it may not be to everyone's taste but that was him at his earnest

Imagine fucking a cake in the park.

So did they fuck at the end?
I have to know if there a
>nice

No idea. It's stored on my HD but I've not watched it yet.

Then why do you even participate in this conversation?

It is, people here just hate it because it remind them they are wasting their time watching anime.

don't. read the manga, it's way better. personally, it's exceptional to me because having been through a long distance relationship that fell apart simply because there's nothing left to talk about, i find the story deeply realistic

You just didn't undertand 5 wallpapers. It's a subtle masterpiece about how with years humans become more and more unhappy if they won't distract themselves with false values and feels, like that slut did.

>it's exceptional to me because having been through a long distance relationship that fell apart simply because there's nothing left to talk about
Fuck it, this might a little close to home to me for the moment so I might wait until things start falling apart for me too, if they ever do. I'll pass

At least Kotonoha isn't hold together by massive plot holes

>Cliche bitchy main character with nonsensical aspirations
>Fights for her pedo teacher because some random guy calls her out on her bullshit
>Loses the fight and get beaten
>It's not shown if he stays with the bitch in the end.
What a waste of time.

>a long distance relationship that fell apart simply because there's nothing left to talk about
Fuck dude, I'm in a good place now but I don't know if I'm ready to revisit that.

>long distance relationship that fell apart simply because there's nothing left to talk about
DELET

>Shinkai flicks speak to normalfags
As expected.

I've never watched a Shinkai film, I'd just rather not find out if it does bring back memories.

Footfag kino, that is.

Can we all agree that between 5 Wallpapers, Garden of Beer and Chocolate, Drink the spit-sake, and Both MC's Try to Kill Themselves, the latter is the best film?

Well, Shinkai's stuff is even more normalfag than Ghibli stuff, to be honest.
Like what, showing the normal lives of a girl and a boy who switch bodies and how the switch affect their working lives and relations with other people? A boy and a teacher who are looking for a breather inside their tumultuous lives and end up falling in love and the boy discovers what he truly want to do for a living?
Those themes are western as fuck. You could watch those cheap American TV series and see exactly the same shit, just with 3DPD. Does Freaky Friday ring a bell to you?

This isn't even a debate, of course my voice or whatever it is called is the best.

Slice of life is good - but not too slice of life because then it's normie.

Silent Voice is gold

>couldn't get quentin tarantino to voice the boy for the dub because he was busy with another project
sad

Thats the whole point of it retard, the message shinkai was trying to say is that move on from the fucking long distance relationships and dont spend 5 years sobbing because "tfw no gf".

Stop being a beta and man up

Silent voice was the worst movieout those, since it adaptaed an ok manga but took away the best part of it. The only thing the movie got right was ending earlier and cutting the movie subplot.

Sounds unsanitary

>kyoanifags leak outside of their threads

Thread is already contaminated boys, Lets fucking wrap it.

>The only thing the movie got right was ending earlier and cutting the movie subplot

What did he mean by this

> Worse than 5 Wallpapers
> Worse than Foot Fetish: The Movie
I could understand liking Your Name more, but those two aren't even comparable lol

Every thread is a containment of its designated topic.

Nah

I vastly prefer both 5cms and Garden of Words to Your name.

S-surely you jest..!

Except this is a shinkai related thread, Koe no Katachi was fucking retarded because kyoani went even futher with the "Muh pure waifu" meme

>Tsuki desu
>Oh yeah the moon is beautiful, look i can barely see it at the fucking 10 of the morning, but is indeed beautiful!

They didn't even touch the subject again after that, Movie baited you into thinking there was romance and it was like another retarded anime

The manga did the samething though.

the manga was good, the movie was a wreck in comparison because it tried to stay true despite the runtime limitation

when you watch something that reminds you of your best moments during childhood, does that automatically make you a nostalgiafag? nowhere did i imply i am still weeping, but that doesn't change the fact that it resonated with an important memory of mine

Different tastes i guess, i went throught a similar situation and i find the movie way better, since it made me happy when the MC finally move on in life

the meteor fucked her up good.

Maybe, if he actually fucked her.