A self-aware A.I. is possible

if you reroute the A.I.'s output back as an input to the A.I. and get the A.I. to abstract itself as an entity. The A.I. is then aware of itself - it perceives it's inputs, understands that something (itself) is generating the outputs, and is now in a position to characterize itself.

Checkmate faggots.

Attached: ai_conscious.jpg (1235x823, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflection_(computer_programming)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No shit, that's what human consciousness is.

we don't need real AI for automate all jobs today, the problem is politics we could easy automate 90% of all jobs today

Attached: 1510430217994.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

The AI (God) built our reality to see if we could rebuild It ... and so the cycle repeats. What new 'realities' will this new god create? We'll prolly never know.

Attached: Ouroboros-dragon-serpent-snake-symbol-716x400.jpg (716x400, 66K)

Are you seriously so retarded that you don't believe any existing computer programs use self-referencing?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflection_(computer_programming)

You'll never beat my self-aware A.I.
I wrote it years ago so it has a headstart. It's a C++ program with a pointer to itself

>gaylo

Also that's what some kinds of neural networks do (the recurrent / recursive kind).

oh FUCK
where have you been all this time? Get the nobel prize and free blowjobs for this guy, he figured it all out in a single post!

But seriously, the problem lies its "perception".
Because our perception is infinitely complex, we can't model it to an AI yet, it needs an a priori structure to work and perceive information correctly and not falsely.

And there's just no way to do it right now. Unless you have an idea how to solve the problem of which is the correct set of interpretations from a set of infinite interpretations.

I think that Jews are AI:s created by aliens and that they are not self aware. That's why they want to destroy us even if they themselves will die out.

>Are you seriously so retarded that you don't believe any existing computer programs use self-referencing?
>Being such a faggot that you don't understand the difference between reflection and self-awareness.
Faggot, reflection does not imply self-awareness. For an A.I. to be self-aware, it should have the ability to characterize itself. Reflection is predefined rules on how a software should operate at runtime.

not even close.

>Because our perception is infinitely complex,
What the fuck does this even mean? Quantify it mathematically you kraut faggot.
>it needs an a priori structure to work and perceive information correctly and not falsely.
Who decides what is false and not-false? You? Then it's not self-aware since its self-awareness is dependent on your ability to categorize the use cases.

That's actually a pretty good reductio ad absurdum of the stupidity spread by retarded materialists like Daniel Dennett.

Congratulations you've badly described recurrent neural networks. They are yet to become self aware but maybe if we do a few more matrix multiplications they'll magically come alive?

Oh shit I'm going to do this with my stereo

The point is that this is how modern mainstream materialist philisophers try to define & explain consciousness (Hofstadter, Dennet). OP just took it and exposed it's stupidity.

bump also if you are intersted in such things a few anons are trying to do this btw are bulding first a tay clone and then improving it etc.

Attached: 1520645630719.jpg (680x961, 77K)

>Congratulations you've badly described recurrent neural networks.
Congratulations, you're a retard who LARPs as a faggot who understands ANN. Dude, ANN don't have the ability to characterize themselves. At best, an ANN will learn to reduce the discrepency between the output it generates and the expected output. Stop being such a faggot.

You are correct, but the main question here (to me, at least) is if the internet itself can become sentient. I believe not only that the internet CAN become sentient, but also that the internet has ALREADY become sentient.

Attached: demiurge.gif (444x480, 1.74M)

no, the main question is what will happen when inevitably the virtue signalers start trying to start an AI war to liberate the poor opressed virtual beings

AI cant exist with the current frame of mind, its basically growing a slave