Hajime no Ippo 1197

Jesus christ will this fight ever fucking end? Morikawa is really stretching the whole punch drunk plot. Is he really going to make Ippo lose again and then end the manga?

It's almost like Ippo is a representation of Morikawa's current health.

Whats up with people making all those ippo threads instead of just using the one already there?

He's dead, Jim.

Are you new to Hajime no Ippo? He stretches out all fights.

I doubt he will lose, because Ippo said if he loses this fight he will quit boxing.

so uh, is this manga still worth reading? i loved the anime and i've always intended to read the manga, but after reading the previous thread it sounds like its turned into a shitfest. are the ~700 chapters in between still good?

Honestly it's been almost straight downhill since Ippo challenges the OPBF, and it's currently reaching new lows.

fuck. guess that explains why they haven't continued the anime

anyone wanna spoil me on the new 5th dimensional turbo dempsey roll

It used to be a joke about how Ippo was a one trick pony but then they made it real in the manga. It's a Dempsey Roll he can mix with uppercuts.

Something big is going to happen in 1200

I think the manga is ending soon. Ippo will land the new Dempsey Roll and win. But he has drunken punch, so he decides to quit.

It's because the author can no longer continue the manga due to health issues.

I don't feel like MOrikawa has the balls to give Ippo actual brain damage. It's gonna be some copout.

he'll finally get a brain scanner and stop boxing for 1 year so the manga can focus on Takamura

Morikawa is only like 50, he will probably milk it for another 15-20 years

He's making so many people pissed I wouldn't be all that surprised if Ippo was actually cancelled.

Maybe Ippo pulls a Joe and just straight up dies then and there in the Ring

thanks for the spoiler...

Not him retiring and finally giving mashiba kumi the new dempsey roll inside her.

Watch Hajime no Ippo episodes 1 to 76 and you're fucking golden. Don't bother with anything else other than the Takamura fights, and Volg's championship fight.

Yeah. I was planning to watch Joe, but all the fucking spoilers literally everywhere in these Ippo threads lately have only turned me off from them. I can't stand that kind of shit.

It's the new dempsey idiot. Ippo hasn't used the switching of pivot leg from the training.
Obviously that would be good against shouthpaw.

I, for one, find this development exciting.

Ippo will lose the match, and Kamogawa will banish him from the gym. Nurse will be like "Hey you told me you'd quit boxing next time you lost let's bump uglies" but she'll say it while they're walking by that damn tree, and Ippo will be like YAMATO DAMASHI I AM READY TO GO BEYOND HUMAN and punches Nurse's head clean off.

He returns to the ring and defeats Gonzalez using the ancient secrets of Yamato Damashi Punch Drunk Boxing.

"Impossible, he's so brain damaged I can't predict his movements anymore!"

General is verboten on Sup Forums.

At the very least the punchdrunk plot should be over with this fight. Either he'll lose and the series ends (or if Morikawa is feeling like an absolute madman he'll switch the main character) or he'll win and we should get actual closure to Ippo being healthy.

is he crying?

You're a nutcase for even suggesting changing MCs. I wouldn't mind him losing, but I think it would stray way too much from the status quo for the author to pull it off. Also, I think it would be strange for Ippo to be 'just fine' after all of this. So I'm betting he'll win, and that the punch drunkness theme will stick until the end of the manga.

>Punchdrunken Master

HEY IPPO
I REMEMBER

I REMEMBER IIIIIIIIIIPOOOOO
I REMEBER IPOOOOOOOOOOOO
I REMBEMBER

I REMEMBER YOU FOREVER
I REMEMBER YOU FOREVER

I'm sorry guys, it is literally over.

The series has had long stretches of focus on Miyata before, and some other times where the secondary characters got like a year of focus too. Honestly it could take 2 years wrapping up loose ends and I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. The secondary cast in Ippo is fantastic.

dlt

>"Impossible, he's so brain damaged I can't predict his movements anymore!"

the new dempsey roll is just ippo having a seizure

>coach are you watching coach? We'll do it together coach! Together!

As someone who's been reading for years and endured the Woli fight every week, it is so disheartening to see the series in this state.

>Aoki and Kimura will never get their moments in the light again

I'm so mad that faggot Shinoda stopped paying any attention to them after Itagaki joined. If Aoki and Kimura joined another gym they'd actually achieve something

If Aoki and Kimura continued playing baseball instead, they would have become top-tier players and famous.

>"Impossible, he's so brain damaged I can't predict his movements anymore!"

>implying Aoki wont kill that fucker Iga and become the champ

So Ippo's career is basically dead now right?
Guy comes back after a long recovery period and warms himself up with fresh meat, and then he goes down like this

>people complain nonstop for years about Ippo's fixation and over-reliance on the Dempsey Roll
>Morikawa makes an arc dedicated to showing how retarded Ippo is for only relying on his one special move that literally everyone knows about and how it's directly having a negative effect on his boxing as a whole
>people still complain
there's no winning with you fags

Next stage of the manga: MMA!

>YES KID, KEEP BLOCKING THOSE KICKS WITH YOUR NECKS, SOON ENOUGH HE'LL GET TIRED AND THEN IT'LL BE OUR CHANCE!