Eva

More than 20 years later, are they still the cutest couple in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VR2v3E1Zwq8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog's_dilemma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

>cutest couple in anime
>not a canon couple
>love is destructive
>only liked by neckbeards that pretend Asuka is a generic tsundere that can be cured with a hug

Yes

No

It's not Yanagi in the left here.

Asuka is cute. Shinji is just different haired Asuka.

Most complex for sure. That pic is adorable though.

of course!

I NEED YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=VR2v3E1Zwq8

OP is a fag. They aren't a couple.

Reminder that Eva would be called a NTR anime on modern days and Asuka would be called a whore

>crackship
>the creators have stated on record that Asuka and Shinji can never be
>cutest couple

not even 1% as cute as Koyru

Okabe and Kurisu is OTP

Not even close

Not even once.

You look disappointed. Is it because she NTR'd god himself?

Get on kamikoto's level

When will Watari finish this thing, just kiss already!

The thing about Kurisu and Mikoto as tsundere, is that they dandere's disguised as tsundere. This is my favorite kind.

its not a bad pairing, but kamikoto is better

good taste user

Yep
Except the manga turned to shit and nothing happens anymore

what series is this?

Horimiya
If you like cute drama-free romance pick it up, it's really good. Or at least it was, until the mangaka became stopped caring. It really hit its peak 50 chapters in, and has really been getting worse since

These are all cute, keep going.

Beg your pardon?

Get this stupid bitch and this faggot out of this thread

user just because Love is Destructive doesn't mean that they don't Need each other.

At this point we really need the main couple to take a backseat,and focus on the other roamntic couplings.

Mostly I just want more excuses for Remi and Sengoku.

Kirino is trash

No, they need other people. The staff have repeatidly said that Asuka can never be with Shinji. That is canon confirmation that being together is bad for each of them. Asuka and Shinji is a metaphor for violent couples.

They said are you stupid and disgusting, user.

>edgelord teen that is depressed for no reason other than the author being depressed
>2D girl with 3DPD personality
Best couple, lel

>Asukafag gives non-serious answer
I don't know why I even bothered.

>inb4 seiyu interviews and other secondary garbage
Kaworufag panic is the best

>posts image from Rebuild of tsundere version of Asuka
>implying I'm a Kaworufag and not neutral on the Eva waifu/husbando wars
>implying Asuka isn't using others for validation like what 3DPD usually do
Asuka is a realistic depiction of a girl, and if you've ever been rejected you would understand.

Asuka is 2.5D

no

Well, they kinda have to "be" given they're the last two individualistic humans on Earth lol

Rebuild is a sequel.

>Asuka is a realistic depiction of a girl,
Is this supposed to be an insult?

Talkin bout this I presume?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog's_dilemma

That pic is cute af though.

Guess it really was 2deep for someone.

If you ignore Mana GoS was pretty great

Its supposed to mean that Asuka doesn't like Shinji, but instead use him for validation. Females do this in real life.

Also that picture is from Girlfriend of Steel, the visual novel. It isn't canon.

Yeah, hedgehog dilemma explains the need for others, its not a confirmation of them.

>real life girls can never love somebody and display of kindness is just them seeking validation
That's some hard-core /r9k/ shit

>Also that picture is from Girlfriend of Steel, the visual novel. It isn't canon.
Kaworufag panic setting in again I see

Never tried it. The background reminds me of this, though.

You accuse me of being two different kind of people, make your mind Asukafag. You can't be /r9k/ and a fujoshi.

Wow, that's a pretty good question.

Have they fucked yet?

You can be fujoshit with some /r9k/ elements.

Soon(tm). Waiting on 4.0.

Fujoshi are mostly tumblrites that watch Yuri On Ice, I only watch anime with cute 2D girls in it.

>implying I'm /r9k/
I like to think I'm more like Hikigaya Hachiman, see pic related.

Kaworu was made to be Shinji's perfect boy, though.

Asuka needs the benis :DDD desu
And Shinji needs the bagina :DDDD

So you have a wicked sense of humor. Explains almost everything.

Yeah, they need to jam it in before their hormones get to them.

Yeah it really peaked around the time they fucked and the whole thing with the lesbian kohai. Hope the mangaka figures it all out.

>You can't be /r9k/ and a fujoshi.
>you can't hate women and be gay

Wat?

>The staff have repeatidly said that Asuka can never be with Shinji.

You say this but provide no source.

Couple no, cute no.

Just because they're self-destructive, doesn't mean they can't enjoy each-other.

Schopenhauer would think the exact opposite of what you said. And Asuka was the kind of ho he was talking about.

I'm kind of the opposite of Schoppy on the thinking and considering things scale so it evens out.

>doesn't see how contradictory that is

There was an interview that is always posted in these threads, how Misato and Kaji, Gendo and Rei, Shinji and Kaworu are "Hikoboshi and Orihime" and the expression Ogata and Miyamura used for their relationship "it would rain nonstop"

Maybe someone has a source for that interview.

>inb4 seiyu interviews and other secondary garbage

Like clockwork

Even Anno doesn't ship LAS, considering he used to interview fujoshi authors. The only thing you have is one scene that can be contrued as literally anything.

LAS is nothing but a crack ship.

>>filename

The fact that Asuka was only dere around Kaji alone proves she never liked Shinji.

>b-b-but Anno did an interview in June that one time
I haven't been in EVA threads for a year and you still can't muster anything to back your claims other then wild implications and seiyu interviews

>once a year and only if the weather's right
I guess it's true for Kaji and Misato since they don't get to see each other a lot. Also they're not some sort of star crossed lovers, just two deeply flawed people licking each other's wounds.
>Gendo and Rei
I don't even want to imagine this. Selling your daughter to gain immortality does not count as being a couple with said daughter
>Shinji and Kaworu
I see Kaworu as more of Shinji's ideal or idealized mirror image. You can love yourself but it won't lead to any quality banter.

I vote to not give a shit and just ship who you want.

yes

Where should I start if I wanna watch this?

>I see Kaworu as more of Shinji's ideal or idealized mirror image. You can love yourself but it won't lead to any quality banter.

No, Kaworu is a "juxtaposition" for Gendo.
Kaworu feeds on shinji's dad complex and almost got to lillith as a result.

Makes sense. Kaworu and Gendo as different as two characters or two influences can get.

In the Rebuild I can see him more as an ideal reflection. I honestly loved what they did with him, ultimately recontextualizing his death.

Here is a fact: Asuka has never blushed around Shinji, but she does requently around her Senpai, Kaji-san.

That's wrong though

>She badmouthed me while I was trapped in a monster.
>He jerked off to my tits while I was unconscious.
Adorable if you're mentally ill.

>not enjoying a complicated relationship with insane sexual tension
It's an acquired taste

>I honestly loved what they did with him,
>Revuild
Im on the opposing side. Rebuild with its Kaworu-screentime (more time with him) in the end is far worse of a character in the rebuilds than in NGE.

In rebuild we have no idea why he does anything. his motivations are never explained, his nihilism on his choices is never addressed. the overall mystery that NGE made was never attempted in rebuilds.

essentially they did less with kaowru in rebuild than in nge. even when they had more time to develop any personality or motivation with the films compared to the show's 15 minutes.

also dont bring up that bullshit "they will explain in the next one" Kaworu is dead, and any explaination about him is not needed. it wull detract from what plot the final film attempts to do.
If NGE was able to portray Kaworu before he died than the rebuilds have no excuse.

That's Shikinami, who is in love with Shinji. Sohryuu however does not.

He's just branching off of what he was in NGE; they didn't retread it in Rebuild because he is its progression, not its reimagining.

But they don't enjoy each other. They take things too far and cause each other emotional suffering.

I like Shinji too much to want to watch him be in an abusive relationship, from either side of it.

Too soon.

Asuka and Shinji bring out the worst in each other, that's the whole point of the relationship. Its a reference to violent couples who leave behind messed up children. Its a diseased cycle.

>they didn't retread it in Rebuild because he is its progression, not its reimagining.
so what? they decieded to omit character development for non nge watchers?

Khara could have had him just saw why he wants do do anything. or perhaps reveal his motivations instead of the nothing we got instead.

At this point it's silly to watch or have watched Rebuild without also seeing NGE. One generally doesn't watch a sequel without also viewing the source material.

>being actually forced to deal with another person and not just a fuccboi angel or your mother
Yup it's not easy, that's what makes it genuine and not escapism.

That's interesting since Kaworu made for me what was a bit of a scattershot of a rebuild. I've always found Kaworu motivations somewhat nebulous and I do believe he was always meant to die for Shinji. For Shinji, since I don't think there's anything else to look besides what was on the surface - love.

(added on to this)

perhaps they had kaworu reveal his Angle nature to shinji, perform tasks differently to what he did in nge. but he doesnt. they just meedel with him.
>At this point it's silly to watch or have watched Rebuild without also seeing NGE
I know plenty of people irl that do not watch nge because they cant stand the animation.

besides, Anno wanted to reinvent Eva. and did a piss poor attempt of it.