Pingu anticipation thread

Pingu anticipation thread.
What do you expect from the upcoming episode?

Is Pingu an anime?

Arcording to MAL, yes.

The current series, sure.

I don't understand what Pingu says most of the time, maybe MAL was right

good thing that reddit shithole has nothing to do with here

wow, I never knew about it

Old pingu? No.
New Pingu? Totally.

Is this actually good unironically?

I don't mind stuff meant for kids if it's funny enough, but this seems like nostalgia-bait turned into a meme

Whether you mean the old Pingu or the current Pingu, the episodes are so short you're better off seeing for yourself.

Not him, but a majority of people who've watched more than 300 series on this board probably use MAL as their listing tool.

I remember liking old pingu as a kid

I bet a lot of people are pushing this for the memes, but it's genuinely good. Not as good as the old claymation series, but plenty enjoyable.

Speak for yourself, redditor,

What's "reddit" and why are you so obsessed with it?

You haven't seen 300 series if you're talking about reddit here.

It's ok.
Basically on the same level as your average sol moe anime only with pinguins.

It's a silly short for kids. But it's a genuinely fun one.

I hope we see more of the old cast. Pingu's family, Robby, Pingo...

I want Pingi back.

yes

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Pingu, is in fact, GNU/Pingu, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Pingu. Pingu is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Pingu", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Pingu, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Pingu is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Pingu is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Pingu added, or GNU/Pingu. All the so-called "Pingu" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Pingu.

How do penguins say "itadakimasu"?

The original series was genuinely good. I can still enjoy them as an adult. I don't find the same appeal in this one.

it is very childish so don't expect anything deep it does it well.
It's fun.

Not watching it since I haven't been able to find subs.

i have the same
the old one was good and watchable it was fun

the new one is just so boring
and the aesthetics are worse than before

The problem with the new series is that it's formulaic and the setting limits what they can do. Being in the city would be great if not for the fact that being in the middle of nowhere in the tundra was way better.

Howaito pingu go homu.

I just realized the new pingu is just like Golden Boy.

Yes. It's far too different from the original. It's too tame and looks like generic slice of life instead of heartwarming nostalgia induncing slapstick.

No pingi for you. Only Gal penguins now.

>"fucking noot noot"

what did he mean by this?

By "anime" you mean "Japanese term for animation", then yes it is.

He meant NOOTFUCKINGNOOT.

I don't know if you're joking
( but if you aren't) they don't say anything but jiberish

It's high noot

They do tend to slip in words

The original was good. Japanese can't manage to recreate it's style or atmosphere, the fact that they had to set it in a city and make it more "anime" shows how incompetent they are with anything that's not japanese.

>not noot noot, motherfucker