Why do people hate this episode so much? The mental breakdowns of the protagonist are the best part of this show...

Why do people hate this episode so much? The mental breakdowns of the protagonist are the best part of this show, without that darkness it'd just be a harem, or is that just what most people wanted?

>without that darkness it'd just be a harem
There's no harem.

They were cliche and poorly written. Too much emotional exposition. Re:Zero was pretty much terrible in every way.

He's a pathetic loser who becomes even more pathetic and the series ends with him being a cuck. What's not to hate?

Hits too close to home for a lot of Sup Forumsnons.

Don't know, honestly. I tried watching Steins;Gate after Re:Zero, and the breakdown scenes were even more contrived.

I didn't like either of them, though.

>DARKNESS

>darkness

>They were cliche
How so? The one before Rem slaughters him in the forest was very specific to the whole return by death thing. Do you mean the idea of a character being pushed too far and ranting about it is cliched in of itself?

>exposition
Yeah but that's the thing, he knows no one will remember what he says so it makes sense that he'd speak more freely than a person normally would, almost as if he's talking to himself.

There's no harem. Only Rem and Emilia have feelings for Subaru. There's Petra, but she doesn't count because she is a little kid.

>There's Petra, but she doesn't count because she is a little kid.
that wouldn't stop me

Betty also likes Subaru

In a daughter kind of way.

This
The should fucking stop self insert

>Whole story revolves around a gimmick ability given to an idiot who wishes he was slavic
>"Why do people hate this"

Because it reminds people here too much of themselves.

i believe no one ever experienced dying multiple times with all the suffering coming with it, having to feel everything until the reboot.
ppl can't relate to subaru "muh why u so sad and empty u can just die and come back"
The problem is he loses a bit of himself every single time he comes back

It tells instead of shows. This was a pretty big problem with R:Z in general.

I don't know, maybe they didn't get the memo that this series is basically a sadism simulator.

fucking every anime does that shit nowadays, it's horrible

If not showing his turmoil then what exactly was being conveyed in the leading episodes? I mean, he's gotta snap eventually.

Are you serious? That's not the problem. That hurts, but that's it. The problem is he loses it all. Look at the first dead in the second arc for example. That was the one that hurt him the most probably.

Think about how you would feel, waking up as normal, and seeing all the scars of your hard work not being there. Seeing how the people that you were starting to love don't even recognize you. How everything you've done for the last days is simply no more.

And after all that, you find an impossible wall. Something that will just kill you no matter what, and no matter what you do, it will disappear. You may confess your love, but it will be forgotten. You may try to fight it, but it will be for naught. You may run away, but it will haunt you forever.

That's what breaks him. And that's what Rem saves him from. She proves that it hasn't been for naught. That he already managed to change the world for her forever, no matter what happened after that.

Faggots keep asking for deconstructive isekai but then shit like Re:zero happens they are quick to call it shit.

yet they never learn that putting DARKNESS into an isekai won't make for a good one

If you want a show that deconstructs isekai, you should watch Konosuba, not Re:zero

that's a parody

my favorite type of anime

Never changr Sup Forums

Ep 18 and 15 were the best. Also it hit WAY too close at the time

but Madoka ends with anti-edge

Konosuba plays it completely straight aside from Kazuma being a total deadbeat. It has all the typical cliches and uses them lovingly because it's a parody of the genre. It's no deconstruction or satire.