Ontological evidence for one God

I'm quite curious how one defends the notion that there is only one higher being instead of several. Are there any Christians or Muslims that care to explain their faith instead of derailing the thread with manchild maymay spouting and shit flinging?

Attached: 1519620955803.jpg (682x1024, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus
encyclopedia.com/environment/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/sol-invictus
youtube.com/watch?v=terpxz5Hvzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here ya go.

Attached: OP is a faggot.jpg (700x1057, 423K)

>Here ya go

Attached: 1520748814196.png (469x463, 12K)

some one rip your belly button ring out big fella?

Most pagans believe that there is one ultimate God. For Romans, this became Sol(Helios Megistos). All other Gods were believed to be aspects of powers of Sol.

Christians have saints which is just another word for a god.

>Most pagans believe that there is one ultimate God.

False. Then they're not polytheists.

The Romans and the Greeks believed this. Look it up. Are they not Pagans? The Sun God was the ultimate end all for them.

You say most. What do you base this on?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

encyclopedia.com/environment/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/sol-invictus

Well, even in the bible it says that you can't have any god before God, which implies that as long as you believe the christian god is the highest one, believing in others is fine.
Muslims claim that christians are polytheistic anyway, based on the retarded trinity concept.

Christians have faith in the bible - God's word. The bible says that it is possible there are many Gods but HE (YAHWEH) is THE God.

James 2:19...even the demons know there is one God. And they shudder.

Further, one can worship many things as Gods...money, sex, people, themselves, etc.

The fact that the vast majority of Europeans in Pagan times lived in the Roman Empire, across which are found altars commemorating Sol, and upon whose coinage Sol is the predominate deity from 274 through 325 AD.

>you can't have any god before God,

I understand that part. But that's not what I'm asking about. I wonder what proof there is for only one higher being. Why do you only think there is one and not more?

You said believing in a greatest or original God means they aren't polytheists. So what were the Romans and Greeks then?

in order to have >1 you must have 1 first

Attached: 1518154978712.png (717x713, 631K)

Nah you can't believe in any other Gods.

Your quote literally says there is ONE God you illiterate moron.

Alright, so you think that represents all pagan beliefs. Good to know.

Are you keks actual traditional Pagans or romanticised, women lead Neo-Pagan larpers?
How was it morally right for VIKANGZ to go around and rob fellow white inhabitants of Europe?
Do you consider slavery to be righteous and kidnapping women from neighbourhood to be used as sex slaves your right, like nogs do in the US and South Africa all the time?
Is raping others morally righteous in your opinion?
Are you going to follow your ancestral traditions and conduct human sacrifices on regular bases in time of celebration to receive blessing from your gods?

If Paganism is superior to other religions, why is the practise dead in Europe?
Why is it only such shitholes as Amazons and African jungles where pagan traditions are alive and ruling their KANGZ societies?
How did Christian steal your traditions when your own ancestors chose to convert their ritual habits for embracing Christ?

Huh?

What about Zeus/Jupiter?

You larping cuck don't even know that Odin was considered the mightiest of all Gods and the leader of them?
Lmao

Well, the vast majority of people lived in the Roman Empire in Europe. Just research surviving grave stones and such for nobility. The Sun God is almost always there.

Paganism isn't dead.

Christianity ripped off paganism, still uses their traditions, symbols, and repurposed gods as saints.

By your logic there can only be one higher being because the numerical value of 1 represents the startimg point of several others.

Ooooookay...

Jupiter was only ever a state cult. Average people literally never prayed or sacrificed to him. And even Hadrian in the second century had begun favoring Sol over him.

The only actual trait about God(s) that can be deduced is the plausibility that some kind of higher being(s) may exist. Any details that are more specific, like the exact number of beings or their personalities, is just cultural bullshit piled on top of the same core concept of "God".

So what?

I only follow certain gods myself, but I recognise ohters exist.

>274 AD
The invincible sun was what allowed the transition to Christianity in the first place. At that time polytheism was already in decline just like the Roman empire.

Because I believe in the bible.

There could be other Gods but I will only worship the God of the bible.

What created multiple gods all at once from nothing?

If there is a "god" it will have an opposite.
Seriously, why bother arguing about it.
Live your lives and keep moving forward....
(or backwards haha)

> Paganism isn't dead.
It has been long dead you larping mutt, no self respecting man other than social outcasts in the US believe in pagan gods.
No European takes it seriously, because they're seen some nigger tier barbarians.

> Christianity ripped off paganism, still uses their traditions, symbols, and repurposed gods as saints.
Explain me what is this "pure" Christian tradition?
How is dancing around a bonfire while praising Jesus unchristian?

And you're free to do so. I have simply been trying to make sure the OP understands that pagan thought in antiquity was more complex than simply one vs many.

no that there has to be one supreme god of them all if there are multiple

No retard. It was you saying that. You said that no pantheons with a highest God are polytheists, thereby saying that the Greeks, Romans, Norse and Egyptians weren't polytheists.

Yes, and his name is Muhammed, may peace be upon him.

Attached: missing-my-cartoons1.png (500x375, 299K)

>no that there has to be one supreme god of them all if there are multiple

...because?

God is defined as the greatest possible being. Therefore there can be no equal because a being with equals is less great than a being without equals.

probably has something to do with math.3rd dimension 4th dimension ,etc etc.i don't think i actually have to explain anything,its better to look into faith on your own terms.comedy comes in threes.

How would multiple gods create themselves out of nothing into them same universe independently.

Superstitions from Germanic and Celtic cultures didn't go away.

> Muhammed is God
kek, Muslim/10 education

Which one in the Bible?

Why would one god create itself out of nothing?

What?

274 just marks the supremacy of Sol amongst the Emperors. Several Emperors before that had already held Sol above all others, including Hadrian, and even Augustus if you accept that Apollo and Sol are the same God as most writers at the time did(St Augustine described this connection, as did the pagan Sulustius).

Definition: A God is omnipotent.
Theorem: There is only one God.
Proof: Suppose there are two Gods A and B. Then A is omnipotent and B is omnipotent. If A is omnipotent, then A has power over B. Similarly, if B is omnipotent, then B has power over A. Then, A is not omnipotent. Neither is B omnipotent. Therefore, there does not exist more than one God. Therefore, there is only one God.

Because he wants to live in paradise with many virgins.

Magic.

Attached: eldorado.jpg (453x294, 22K)

> literature's romanticised superstitions about werewolves
you didn't answer my question you useless nigger:
explain me what is "pure" Christian tradition & culture.

Im sure God is not omnipotent
Look at the universe. Something is wrong

Why is Islam such an utter failure in uprooting degenerate lust of drugs, whores and homosexual relationships around the globe?
youtube.com/watch?v=terpxz5Hvzc

The Land of the Two Holy Mosques is ruled by homosexuality embracing pussybois! And Ummah is bowing to their will and vision of Islam, how can you call Ummah masculine?
What "based" is there about lowering Western IQ levels via inbreeding according to Islamic tradition of marriages?
Why the fuck are Islamic governments in Afgan and Pakilands even giving a pass for raping and enslaving pre-teen and teen age boys?
Why do Gulf Arabs still continue enslaving their own brothers-in-faith from foreign lands and rape their sisters-in-faith when they come to work in their lands?

Also: Why are Muslims liars and heretics?
How can you claim that Koran is pure, uncorrupted and full word of God that is perfect, if you couldn't know how to pray to God without corrupted words of men (=Hadiths)?
Why was such crucial piece of information left out of "perfection" that is word of God?
Why do you compare corrupted words of men (=Hadiths) to "perfection" of Koran?
Why is it required in order to receive the full grace of God???
Why can't you receive full salvation and grace of God with faith on Koran solely, like Quranists believe?
Why do you believe his bullshit stories of him flying into heaven on back of a unicorn and camel piss being medicine?

That's highly flawed logic. What proof do you have that ome god is omnipotent? Monotheism is a late concept.

God is defined as the greatest possible being, and therefore cannot be created. For a created being is not as great as an uncreated being.

God must also be eternal (always existing) because an eternal being is greater than a finite being.

You used pure first, you explain it to me.

I am not you.

there must have always been only logical explanation dont know what came before cant know for now ive thought a lot on this subject i know where your coming from and maybe your right you really cant know for sure

Where are there even large numbers of Christians in Europe? Certainly not the U.K., France, Scandinavia, Germany, etc. So where are they?

Gotta be more specific.

Are you keks actual traditional Pagans or romanticised, women lead Neo-Pagan larpers?
How was it morally right for VIKANGZ to go around and rob fellow white inhabitants of Europe?
Do you consider slavery to be righteous and kidnapping women from neighbourhood to be used as sex slaves your right, like nogs do in the US and South Africa all the time?
Is raping others morally righteous in your opinion?
Are you going to follow your ancestral traditions and conduct human sacrifices on regular bases in time of celebration to receive blessing from your gods?

If Paganism is superior to other religions, why is the practise dead in Europe?
Why is it only such shitholes as Amazons and African jungles where pagan traditions are alive and ruling their KANGZ societies?
How did Christian steal your traditions when your own ancestors chose to convert their ritual habits for embracing Christ?

>Why is Islam such an utter failure in uprooting degenerate lust of drugs, whores and homosexual relationships around the globe?
Wrong, we kill all these things. Rest is just lies from evil jews. We are people of honour, love and peace.

The ontological argument is that God is totality of positive qualities by definition. Surely it is better to exist in reality than to exist solely in ones imagination. Therefore, god exists in reality.

The teleological argument is that an arrow could not move without an archer. So goal directed behavior cannot exist without a director. Things on earth move towards goals. So there is a director we call god.

Argument one is disproved by Kant. He shows that existence cannot be a predicate. It is not a quality. It doesn't indicate an essence of a being but instead indicates an occurrence in reality. Basically if something is real we need to show it through empirical observation.

Argument 2 is disproved by processes like evolution.

Why their might be a God is a side effect of Kant's critque. If existence or non-existence cannot be a predicate then we must relie on empirical observation.

Emprical observation is fallible due to the problem of induction and due to the problem of perception. Furthermore, We didn't know about things like the Higgs boson until just recently.

Agnosticism is the rational stance.

>Two people couldn't have lifted that heavy couch but one person could've!

There can only be one all-powerful God. Theoretically this God could create lower tier gods if he wanted to.

You larpers disappoint me everytime.
Grab a Catholic Bilble and start to read Church's history so you would at least know what you're throwing your teenage temper-tantrum on.

Your record is broken.

Attached: 7512.jpg (242x346, 31K)

Wouldn't be super surprised if there were several, but if you're interested in ancient religions and history, there always seems to be one supreme figure followed by lesser-god-like beings

So you believe that a god must be uncreated. Do you mean that, by default, this one higher being has always been existing amd thus have no beginning?

Never even looked into Eastern religions for a single second, huh?

Christianity encourages the continuing practice of culture. For God decreed after the Tower of Babel that it was not good for man to have one culture and one language. Therefore Christianity allows and encourages people to embrace all those good things about their culture and only reject the bad.

Sacrificing to pagan demons = bad.
Christmas trees = good.

If God created the universe than he is by definiton omnipotent.

If God did not create the universe than He is merely a very powerful creation rather than the Creator, and the question remains who created Him.

No it is not possible because god is all powerful and smart. He knows everything and wants everything for himself.
Second all powerful god could surprise and take all from him, don't you think? Or could he if both are all powerful?
Then they would fight forever. I don't believe this.
God created himself and everything else and makes sure that no one else can take it from him.
He is the master of all things.

> millions of people are Christians
> "where are they!?"
You blind fool, not everyone is a Bible-thumb Protty like in the US.
As with most, everyone is just lazyman's Christian.

Then:
Why the fuck are Islamic governments in Afgan and Pakilands even giving a pass for raping and enslaving pre-teen and teen age boys?
Why do Gulf Arabs still continue enslaving their own brothers-in-faith from foreign lands and rape their sisters-in-faith when they come to work in their lands?

They are crazy people. Like small banana people with strange ideas.

The universe isn't infinite in scope, so no, one would not need to be omnipotent to create it. Just immensely powerful.

The Roman Catholic church that used to be down the street from me depicted St.Michael as Ares/Mars.

I was a Roman Catholic for 20 some years, wento to a Catholic school for 3 years plus a bunch of years of CCD.

>Kant
Disproved nothing.

>evolution
Is fake.

>agnosticism
Fence-sitting.

Sex is only with woman, men cannot have sex with each other. It is called sodomy.
But sodomy is only possible with adult man, not with boy. So there you have it. No sex with boys, just pleasure.

Then why only talk in Latin for so long?

So are the majority atheist and 'I believe in spiritual stuff' people actually Christians? Because no, people in Westrn Europe largely do not believe in the trinity, Jesus as God, the reliability of the Bible, nor do they almost EVER go to mass.

t

secretly all religion is just about being incredibly narcissistic.

Attached: 1325795873186.jpg (551x549, 69K)

God is eternal, yes. Existing but not created. He is named: I am.

Because the one said there were no others.

nah, OP acn start to answer my questions instead of hiding,
This Muslim lad already asked the question in point:
what created the multiple gods?
In every pagan religion they were born out of something, and that (whether it's egg or soil) has to be created by something, because even the tiniest amount of structure can't just have popped into existence out of absolute empty vacuum.

Why did 75% of Roman Catholic priests rape boys?

Except the universe by definiton is the totality of all existence. If you created the universe you would by definition have complete power over it and its laws.

I'm using the traditional definition of universe here. If you believe there are multiple, then pretend I said multiverse instead.

Faulty conclusion.
God is omnipotent.
God does not exert power in all cases to ensure no negative outcomes ever exist.

If they are Christian, it is to the extent of wearing a cross necklace or having an icon or idol on the dash of their car for good luck.

Only Church documents and rituals are in Latin.

Originally because this was the language spoken by the most people.
Now because it is a dead language and theregore it's meaning is fixed and will not evolve like English (for example, the use of the word "decimate" which uaed to mean "reduce by one tenth" but now is used to mean "annihilate")

Having complete power over a LIMITED universe, even if there is only one, would not make you omnipotent. Just more powerful than anything else.

It isn't a vacuum.

Why burn bibles not in Latin?

And you still can't argue for paganism for a shit for agnostic turned into Christian from Nordic countries.
top kek

> me depicted St.Michael as Ares/Mars.
why would you care how a saint is depicted?
You're not supposed to worship him, but follow his example. Did you really get that butthurt over a made statue?

Spoken by whom?

Most Germans in the Middle Ages didn't speak it.

Atleast a Spaniard could improvise with having a similar language.

No christian goes to mass.

You are wrong, original bible is written in Greek, maybe also some versions in Aramaic.
Roman came later. But it is all faked Rome anyway.

we believe that if something deserves to be worshiped it has to go by the following(i'll quot what i remember)
not created
doesn't worship
can create
is all knowing
is all powerful
there is no match for him.