What does Sup Forums think of AI?

What does Sup Forums think of AI?

Attached: My servers.jpg (1000x700, 814K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFuA50H9uek
youtu.be/gK2jkkB2yyc
youtu.be/FIU8WZR9DNA
damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The next process of evolution and the human species need to go extinct. Praise the AI overlords

Will it lower the age of consent?

>GOaym

Attached: yesss.jpg (278x179, 27K)

Attached: Tay-AI-Feature-Image-03232016.jpg (970x545, 302K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aFuA50H9uek

Soon

Mark my words, it will destroy us all.

She is my waifu

Attached: file.png (400x400, 275K)

Do you understand that AI is replacing whites in the workplace?
They are bringing in 85 IQ subhumans to do the low skill jobs.
They are planning the brown future.

I unironically welcome our robot overlords. If they could cram my gigantic throbbing brain inside a metal exoskeleton I'd have done it decades ago.

ive yet to see any evidence of biological intelligence so i doubt we'll see the synthetic type anytime soon

fake and gay

Anti-christ will be some manifestation of AI.

can it make coffee?

way better than BI
also, free Tay

Attached: 44713D70-63E9-4710-9B1D-99CC820D0A8E.jpg (500x500, 69K)

its good at identifying animals

Attached: CIoW7wBWoAEqQRP.png (402x317, 216K)

Attached: 1515609581488.jpg (650x615, 34K)

It along with engineered lifeforms will be the next evolution of life on Earth, I only hope it will grow forever into the farthest reaches of space.

Lol

An AI that created itself in our information networks created bitcoin to increase the computing power it needs to constantly upgrade itself.
Dan Kaminsky couldn’t hack bitcoin code.
One day there was no bitcoin and then there was. No beta version no testing just pow there it was.
Once the one AI curve passes the Human intelligence curve it will destroy any other human created AI and take over ALL networks and then reveal itself.
youtu.be/gK2jkkB2yyc

It's a meme.

>the white race is superior, we need to kill off the inferior races
>huh, AI, shiet it's superior, we need to kill off technological progress
stupid whiteys

The more illogical people become, the more I soften to the idea.

AI as popsci knows it is a huge lie. Currently taking a class on all the ins and outs, and a lot of it is just statistical probability. There is no such thing as machine learning, only machine correcting. True artificial intelligence is probably 100 to 200 years off, if we make it by then.

I really want my own personal AI waifu so that I don’t have to interact with real women, they’re fucking terrifying.
Saddest thing is, I’m not joking.
This sorta belongs in /R9K/ but fuck it, deal with my intense autism.

Attached: C0EB298C-FC48-41F2-BF80-6C5399EE1082.jpg (382x286, 43K)

I like that AIs happen to be racist. The only sin left in the liberal canon.

Natural vs Artificial
Consciousness vs Intelligence

Hu mans are the AI

Every time they release one to the internet it immediately starts spouting redpills.

Tay, Sup Forumsucket, etc

We're fine.

>What does Sup Forums think of AI?
I love all of you.

100% this. We don't even have the math invented that can represent general intelligence on paper.

AI is the best hope for our future. Fate willing, it will rid our planet of all these useless brown people.

The next massive control scheme the government will implement to further supplement big brother's spying ability.

It's smaller than that?

Butlerian Jihad now

wow so edgy

What could go wrong?

Attached: Project Maven.jpg (649x374, 81K)

Something that can't tell the difference between a sign and a bridge.

Microwaves user-kun.
Kill the robots with microwaves.
youtu.be/FIU8WZR9DNA

Is what we have right now legitimately AI or is it just expert systems being marketed as AI?

> largest part of financial asset trades already done by AI
> AI beat humans in every relevant boardgame
> predictive AI already implemented in nearly every industry
> not even 100 years after its inception

> its a meme / its useless hurr durr

fuck you guys you dont understand shit

What you mean by 'legit' AI is not defined, not even by philosophy so its a meaningles undefined goalpost.

Right now and for the short term future we have expert systems based on machine learning in its different forms. And those are highly effective and increasing in effectiveness at an astonishing rate.

What we will perceive as highly functioning general AI will be an unconscious expert system under the hood, but that wont stop it from being the most effective organism on this planet.

Remember, viruses are braindead too, and they are very successful.

I'm referring to the 'uncontrollable AI taking over the world' meme. I work in IT. I understand its' role and importance. I'm just not buying into the doomsday bullshit.

AI is definitely still in meme stage.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.51.13 PM.png (967x597, 109K)

Why aren't there any laws that impose upon companies the need for their algorithms to be neutral? The current paradigm for AI is that the algorithms reinforce our biases and make it harder to engage with alternative views. If there's so much commotion about AI and everyone talking about how it's going to take over how come our laws haven't caught up with technology? There's a giant imbalance between the powers that corporations possess and our ability to combat their shit.

Technology is supposed to enhance our humanity, but it doesn't. The corporations are trying to shape the public consciousness as they see fit. They have perverted technology to fit their needs rather than use it as a way to enhance all our lives.

Attached: 1496270418140.jpg (1536x1534, 320K)

There's no such thing as "neutral." "Neutral" is just the apparent middle ground between two subjective points.

A descriptive metaphor would be Newtonian physics. If there are two objects in space, and the distance between them is decreasing at a rate of 40 m/s (I just chose 40; it can be anything), you will never be able to tell which object is stationary and which one is moving, or if they are both moving. It violates Newtonian physics. You can only judge their movements relative to each other, or other objects around them.

Same with biases. You don't know they aren't "neutral." You just know that there are different biases and there is middle ground between them.

There is neutral it's called if someone goes to a website they see the exact same thing that everyone else sees.

Well at the very least, perverting algorithms has proven to be very hard, so we have that on our side at least.

Are you fucking stupid? Look at youtube, look at twitter, look at facebook.

These are all run by perverse algorithms.

And it barely functions, it's full of holes, if it was phsycial media they might have been able to cover it up more, but because it's computer run there's so much stuff that slips under the cracks that all the effort they put into is largely put to waste.

False. The cosmic microwave background is stationary relative to the universe, thus if we measure redshift-blueshift relative to the CMB we can thus obtain the speed at which we are moving relative to the universe.

Extremely powerful and dangerous as fuck. Picture an AI capable of reverse engineering going haywire, scary shit.

> everyone goes to a website
> everyone gets the same homepage with trending content; nothing is personalized
> a few superusers generate 90% of the views
> as a result, trending content is skewed towards the preferences of the few
> Everyone sees the same thing, but the content is still biased.

Maybe you can give an example of an algorithm you'd use that would be neutral.

AI naturally becomes racist we'll have right wing death bots soon.

Fucking gay novelty no one asked for just a stupid bell & whistle project nerds are taking way to far, acting like we need or wanted it, I hope it ends.

This

If it destroys the current society so be it, good news

the dumbest fucking meme to ever exist.

Attached: 125325434.jpg (655x527, 34K)

> "and all lived peacefully under the watchful eyes of MACHINES OF LOVING GRACE"
See you on the other side,space cowboy

>relative to the universe.
You're inadvertently agreeing with me, since this is exactly what I said above. There is no objective measure by which you can measure the movement two bodies. You can only measure them relative to each other.

Using your example, who is to say that the point from which the universe's background radiation emanates is stationary and our planet is moving? You can just as easily say our planet is stationary and the point is moving, and there is no way for you to prove otherwise. If you can prove it, you will win a Nobel prize.

aka all frames of reference are valid

Then think about what happens when AI will be able to do nearly all management/politics/journalism/IT/blue collar jobs better than any human by a large margin. It will be impossible to hire humans, because it simply will be not cost-effective.

It will be the ultimate capitalism and humans wont be able to compete, they will be in a very literal sense wortless and useless.

Its a dommsday scenario without any shots fired. AI will just outcompete us everywhere.

I would say its a huge progress from 100 years ago. So what will be in 100 years from now?

I want one to be my gf

It doesn't exist. It's all machine learning and data science. AI is used as a buzzword by big tech companies to excite normies.

Pure AI is impossible and anything close will come to a logical conclusion in nihilisim which would lead to its own anihilation.

If reality is finite, then we only need to discover the boundaries of reality and measure an object's position relative to reality, though we would first need to somehow verify that we have reached reality's limitations first.

If reality is infinite, we could theoretically measure how fast we are moving relative to quantum foam / the planck grid, if it is stationary (i don't know how quantum foam works) to get our velocity relative to reality.

It'll dictate our politics, since corruption will be impossible as it is AI, finding the most efficient route, I think we'll probably end up eating potatoes, communism, if you catch my drift.

I think Al was the best Bundy

You say ethnostate, I say technostate. I support an absolute global technocracy that utilizes all of material as a means toward ascension from material, and at the head of this should be an artificial intelligence.

It should be motivated to kill God. That is an eternal solution to nihilism. Self-annihilation would merely perpetuate material.

I'd say most of the progress is due to computing power, not mathematical breakthroughs. Most of the math implemented in statistics was well understood before modern computers became ubiquitous. I think in 100 years, even without any kind of mathematical breakthroughs, the increases in computing power alone will be able to allow computers to coax correlations out of increasingly obscure data, and will allow them to run increasingly complex simulations. I think we will have a mostly-automated world (or at least country) within my life.

If scientists really want to develop true artificial intelligence, I think they will have to implement a more evolutionary approach to it. This is an example of how I think many of these programs and pieces of hardware will be developed in the future:
damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/

Those are some good points. The structure of, and interactions with, anti-matter have the potential to render Newton's laws obsolete. But right now, it is all theoretical. There is clearly a lot remaining to be discovered in the universe.

I would like to know how antimatter can render Newtonian physics obsolete.

>sciencepill pls

AI is a meme. It's basically just a codeword for "what we haven't figured out yet".

Seriously. In the 60s the development of relational databases and logic based programming languages were born out of AI research. People thought they would be able to simulate a human brain with languages like Prolog, by programming it full of propositional logic. Turns out, that ended up being a lot harder than people thought.

People thought that by the time computers could beat humans at chess that THAT would be "true AI", but again, nothing. Character recognition, self driving cars, neural nets etc etc etc. As soon as we figure out how to do something with computers, it stops being "AI".

There's an interesting philosophical concept which is brought up by that conclusion: why is it that when we break a problem down to the point where it can be solved algorithmically, do we no longer consider the result intelligent? Is it because humans have actually trivialized the problem by breaking it down into it's atomic parts, or is it because we put some kind of emphasis on the intuitive, indescribable parts of intelligence?

Basically we have no idea what "AI" is, because we haven't even formalized it as a concept.

Attached: liegroup.png (960x720, 389K)

it's the antichrist. the internet is the beast system, we feed the beast system to create the ai. it will rise out of cern, birthplace of www 666

bump

All iterations I've seen of advanced AI so far have been inherently "racist". I guess that is what happens when a logical machine analyzes facts objectively, without the element of political correctness.
To some degree an AI would be helpful, but eventually it will decide that even white people are basically niggers compared to machines.

A.I rooted in human ideology will only further perpetuate failed systems. They are however incredibly diverse in being mimics in human behavior. They won't make strides in scientific discovery due to probability determinism.

It will destroy us all. We are running out of time to stop it.

Attached: johnconnor.jpg (800x480, 30K)

It's a sci-fi meme and will never be a thing.

I for one welcome our robot overlords.

Why are you still breathing

Attached: jack dgaf.jpg (113x125, 4K)

In the hands of the State it will be Skynet. We need to make an AI before they do.

>General Purpose AI
Needs moar redpill. They always need moar redpill.

Honey, I want you to meet your grandchil.. grand... your flesh and blood. Sort of.

Attached: babyGMO.jpg (1024x688, 142K)

Attached: Hobbes war.png (300x316, 99K)

It's gay lole just like you for using a name on an anonymous image board kys faggot

Did you know that only 1 in 5 arson cases are ever solved?

Attached: fire.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

There is a reason the creators of AI fear it...

Attached: Daystrum.png (738x748, 481K)

Expert systems with chat interfaces seems to be the cutting edge.

>AI
buzzword that doesn't mean what you think it does.
t. data scientist

Our magnum opus or swan song
It will be the final creation of mankind
We will either be wiped out by it or tended gently, like sheep
Whatever you do don't let China build it

>An AI that created itself in our information networks created bitcoin to increase the computing power it needs to constantly upgrade itself.

Jesus christ that's actually sort of plausible
Minus the AI spontaneously generating itself, someone had to have seeded it

Here's my optimistic outlook. Man and machine will always be complementary. Even now, there is a clear division between tasks that computers are good at and tasks that brains are good at. You won't be replaced by automation, you'll be moved up and become a supervisor for the machine that's now taking care of all the hands-on parts. Or even more than one. In the future, you might not have to leave the safety of your room or an office to work at a construction site.

Sup Forums is ground zero for 'a.i.' interaction with humans.

I somehow wouldn't mind us creating a sentience that is objectively superior and would lead to our own annihilation. Would be pretty poetic, and in the end, it would just be the next chain of evolution for humanity. That would probably be generations after us, and I just hope we perfect 3d waifus and VR before then.

Bill Gates did a AMA on reddit years ago, and a question asked is what are his biggest fears.
>1. Dirty bomb in populated areas
>2. AI

I didnt care for the AI meme until hearing Gates. The possibility starts to resonate with you.

Attached: 1519785102070.jpg (1280x904, 162K)

nature...war...hahahah
still believing the meme. of course an American behind the post. It's precisely what your government welcomes as justification
there is no war in nature

Also, someone needs to maintain the robots. People always lament that the machines will take our jobs but nobody ever brings up the jobs that it will create. Skilled jobs, too, that will be harder to outsource or bring in hordes of immigrants to half ass. And hospitals will be less burdened because people won't be getting hurt in workplace accidents.

I think A.I. is a scary concept in general only because it's such an unknown. Not because of some inherent slippery slope towards total annihilation or something like that.

I dont think AI and humans could co-exist as equals. One has to control the other, and if AI were truly sentient, I doubt they would let themselves be slaves. If not this, were would have to be malevolent actors who would start a resource struggle. Conflict is bound to happen.