How does comfy post post apocalypse only work so well with Japanese media?

How does comfy post post apocalypse only work so well with Japanese media?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0137523/quotes?item=qt0479113)
tubedubber.com/?q=3wsegE01zUE:zfTrxpE9fm4:0:50:0:0:1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's probably all you know.

Adventure Time is comfy post apocalypse media and it (was?) pretty good.

You're wrong about AT, and you're on the wrong board. Fuck off to .

Get learned, chucklefuck.

Up until the past year or so, Japan didn't expect to be nuked other than American bases (a bit offset from major cities) and Ibaraki. Plus, they've already TAKEN a limited exchange and built a life afterward, which no other civilization can say.

The west doesn't really do comfy, post-apocalyptic or not. Some sitcoms can get pretty comfy, but it's always secondary to the comedy.
Now ruins do have aesthetic value in the West which could be used for effect, but it seems like the ruins of modern Western society are mostly portrayed as harsh environments where people are just trying to survive while mourning their loss.
Moving on and living out a comfy post-apocalyptic life in a ew world built upon the ruins of the west is a no-no. For example, Tyler Durden fantasizes of a post-apocalyptic NYC (imdb.com/title/tt0137523/quotes?item=qt0479113) and that just serves to deepen his portrayal as a guy who wants to watch the world burn.
Don't count on watching the comfy daily life of Postman-Kun in burned-out California any time soon:
tubedubber.com/?q=3wsegE01zUE:zfTrxpE9fm4:0:50:0:0:1

a lot of it is also cultural perspective on how life is. shinto and buddhism (especially zen) combine to be extremely "make the best of the circumstances, maybe this will help you deal", while in the west the theists tend to believe we've got hell on earth coming someday as a trial (which a full nuclear exchange would fulfill) and the secularists tend to believe a full exchange is the final victory of man's baser instincts.

This, I would expand more on the cyclicalness of eastern culture and how it emphasizes harmony with each ephemeral generation playing their part within the perpetually repeating natural order versus the western ideal whose philosophical base is focused on linearly moving towards an ultimate final outcome (perfection, apocalypse, eternal reward, etc)
but I'm too tired right now

I don't know.

>cyclicalness of eastern culture
pure meme by westerners who read a buzzfeed article.
>the western ideal whose philosophical base is focused on linearly moving towards an ultimate final outcome (perfection, apocalypse, eternal reward, etc)
literally buddhism and hinduism
the reincarnation, "cycle", is punishment, not fun-forever-time-muh-circle

goddamn norse myth is more stupidly circular than the eastern faiths

>while in the west the theists tend to believe we've got hell on earth coming someday as a trial
it was updated like a thousand years ago to be "this earth is hell" not "hell is coming someday"
judgement is coming one day, not hell. hell is already alive and well.

that's fair for eschatogically pure Christianity, but none of the major sects can keep their shit straight among the rank-and-file and of course "this is what the half-attention I paid to KJV as a 12-year-old says" Protestants are their own heavily influential clusterfuck.
really, the distinction between many cycles and one cycle is the key, no matter where in that one cycle we're placed.

I don't get it
if the comic managed to deliver its meaning, why abide strictly to a set of rule? Does rule matter if you have successfully delivered your message?
and what does this have in for YKK?

i am eastern so stop being retarded

Rebirth. There's always worth in finding or creating something new, even if the way you get there is painful.

and yes I think that a German pagan plucked out of AD 400 could write comfy post-apoc. but we don't have that, we have either people who seriously believe that once it's broken it's getting fixed EXACTLY once or people who seriously believe that if it's broken it's probably fucked.
even an old marxist is still going to have a roughly directional view of history, even though he'll have more tolerance for zig-zags.

Different kind of view, Japanese view human as good people that work together if things go apocalyptic bad, while western media mostly portray human as vile creature that eat each other for survival.

I'm a German pagan plucked straight out of 400%AD. Ask me anything.

Both Americans and Japanese experience exactly those scenarios every time a natural disaster occurs (in America's case it doesn't even take one to incite rampant violence and looting). It's not an invention by the media.

This desu. There's a reason why so many people in the US are armed.

There are no niggers in the Dusk trilogy