Mob Psycho 100 : chp. 100.14

Chapter is out on mangaONE app. Dumping raws with rough translation. Sorry for the delay by the way, got busy with IRL stuff.

Mob
>Why are you doing this?

???
>This is for my sake.
>For the sake of doing what I want to do.

>I am here for my sake.
>I need me.

>Do you remember being hit by a car?
>You couldn’t even move your body anymore.

>So there was no choice but to move through the force of will.

Mob
>What are you talking about? You’re not my will.
>I don’t understand. What you’re talking about is fake.

>I really want to go and meet with Tsubomi-chan.
>This is something that’s very important to me.

>Causing this much trouble for other people isn’t the way to go about it. Your way of thinking isn’t normal.
???
>What is normal? Is that how you’re going to deny me yet again?

>You always thought that things would be agreed upon that way (not sure about that one)
>And the one who would get the short of the stick was me.

>If you were to break and vanish…
>I wouldn’t have to endure this anymore.

>You’ll let me do as I please.

Tsubomi
>No good…
>At this rate, it’s really going to come all the way here…

>What should I do…

>Why did it have to be today of all days.
>How unlucky.

>Ha…
>Can’t be helped if things turned out like this…

>Let’s wait.
>His voice trembled so much.

Mob
>Using your powers however you want…

>And causing trouble for someone else is what you call “freedom”?
>That’s not the kind of thing I wish for in my life!

???
>Who is that someone else?
>Who are you causing trouble for?

Mob
>Eh…
???
>Who is that.

>Can that someone else make me happy?
>Can they save me?

>I remember.
>The one who always saved me… was me…

>This…
>Was just me being used.

>And yet, when I understood that, I was happy.
>Why?

>That’s because of my own cowardice. My conduct… My power… I don’t want to take responsibility for them…
>That’s why, for other people’s sake only, I don’t use my own power…
>But I was glad to acknowledge and accept my power. Why?

>Because the me that uses his powers is the real me.
Mob?
>No, that’s wrong. This has nothing to do with power. Even a me who lost his powers would still be me.
???
>It HAS something to do with power. I am the me with power.

>Hiding your own true nature, your opposite side, your other half brings you peace of mind? That’s a lie.
>A lie I made to myself that I’ve long since forgotten.

>I tried to change myself by participating in club activities, but that’s impossible. I simply tried to create a new me.

>”Mob” was the one worried about trying his hardest to postpone the most important problem. All this time… He never looked at me.

>Because…
>If this turned out to be my true appearance…

Mob
>No one would come close to the real me.
>No one…

>No one will save me.
>I don’t want this…

???
>In truth, I don’t have faith in anyone. Well… Ritsu seems to have figured out as much, though.

>Thus, the me running rampant is the real me.
>You still refuse to acknowledge it?

>You’re still running away…
>That’s truly weak…

>Accept it. This is me.

>No one will come to save me.

>That’s fine.
>Since this is me.

>The next time I wake up, I will become me.
>Goodbye, Mob.

Seri
>Be careful.
>Don’t get out from under the umbrella, please.

>Because right now …

>It’s like we’re inside a big mixer.

Reigen
>Is this Mob’s power too…

Seri
>This isn’t happening out of his own free will, I think some kind of shock is the source, and it caused him to go berserk.
>I personally experienced it.

>Although I’m talking about going berserk, imagining the kind and gentle Kageyama-kun indiscriminately causing such destruction is kind of…
>It’s possible that his power possesses the violence necessary to cause all this.

>In other words, if there was a chance… Then that means there is a potential risk for him to start going on a rampage at any time, and any number of times.
>Until now, did you ever notice anything while you were together?

Reigen
>Is that really something special?
Seri
>Huh?

Reigen
>Can’t we look at it this way…?

>A fairly normal middle schooler…
>just so happens to be carrying an immense power…

>And is going through puberty right now…
>…That’s what I think!

Seri
>…

>We’re slowly getting there. We’re entering the vortex.
>Please hang in there.

>Uh.
Reigen
>What is it, Serizawa!?

Seri
>I’m sorry Reigen-san…!
>Let’s turn back…!!

Reigen
>After we’ve come this far!?

Seri
>In this environment… My energy is being snatched away by an incredible force!
>At this rate, in just a few minutes…

>I won’t be able to protect you, Reigen-san! We need to hurry up and go back...

Reigen
>You go back!!

Seri
>Eh?
Reigen
>From here onwards I’ll do fine on my own.
>Thanks for helping me!

Seri
>There’s no way you’ll be fine, though!

Reigen
>It’s okay. There’s something I want to talk about with Mob alone, anyway.
>Let me go there on my own.

And the omake (already translated and typesetted by someone else).

That's it for today, folks. Cheers.

Thanks OP

This page is neat.

Wow, for a girl that supposedly doesn’t care about anything she sure does have some fortitude.

>A fairly normal middle schooler…
>just so happens to be carrying an immense power…

>And is going through puberty right now…
>…That’s what I think!

Reigen is the only saving grace of this shitshow.

Take it the manga is ending.

The moment ??? is down should mean the manga ending.

The last bit with Mob and ??? is getting really intense. Hope Reigen makes it out alive...

>No, that’s wrong. This has nothing to do with power. Even a me who lost his powers would still be me.
Are getting to this point?

This is a god tier Omake

Fucking Reigen. Is there anything this man can not do?

drinking alcohol, I suppose

Will it take more two weeks for the next chapter?

The planet could self destruct and she'd still be waiting there.

Next week will be an omake apparently.

thoughts on this current (and most likely final) arc?

shit.
Mob psycho has been shit after the Broccoli arc. Should have ended the series there. Alien arc was fucking stupid and irrelevant. Mob getting hit by a truck was retarded too.

It feels like it's dragging too much.
Probably reading everything in one sitting is a much better experience.

I liked the alien part. Wasn't expecting ONE to go this far.

I want to know what ??? really is. Is it just a split personality? Mob's original personality that was sealed away? A personification of his psychic power? I need to know.

I like its ideas but I felt it hits its proper climax at Ritsu and waited too long to do Mob vs Shigeo stuff. I'm still pumped for the Reigen moment though because it's Reigen.

The dragging probably has something to do with with all the Omake weeks too

I'd say it's his violent side that he chose to abandon, and yet exists within him
I guess it's essentially a slip personality, or a part of his personality that he sealed away but never really died, and manifests itself and takes over when Mob is not conscious to stop it

these last few chapters are pushing towards the idea that ??? is the real Mob and is finally taking over for good, but my bet is that they'll talk it over and both side will mutually accept each other together as "Mob"
the manga is about Mob growing up and learning to understand himself, after all

He is a Shadow, the true self.

things like this are why animators want to fuck reigen

i feel the same

traumagenic fraction of mob's psyche that turned sapient because psychic/spiritual powers like to do that to things

Reigen is best boy.

??? exists because Mob is insecure. He was afraid of his own power overshadowing himself as a person, and it killed his confidence. ??? is an extreme buildup of the kind of confidence and selfishness (in who he is, in being an esper) that Mob has denied himself all this time.

It's his ego.

p u r e k i n o
u
r
e

k
i
n
o

I view it as a personification of his psychic powers. Mob and ??? represent two different philosophies: Because ??? views himself as Mob's identity, he believes that identity/a meaningful life comes from power. On the other hand Mob values hard work and interpersonal connections.
Fucking pottery.

Just like OPM, the dragging feels long because of the release schedule. Reading it in one sitting should feel different.

>>The next time I wake up, I will become me.
>>Goodbye, Mob
confirtmed not ending

at first i had my doubts but now i'm sure that him losing his powers would be a bad ending. i mean people can say that he doesn't like his powers, that it would show how he has grown as a person, that it would show that he is more than his abilities but remember 100% ecstasy and 100% shame? is not like he hates his powers, he never had a chance to enjoy them.

before ritsu it was a dragfest, now its pretty good

Where did you come about such information?

Tsubomi-chan is loyal!
LOYAL!

>Tsubomi is worried about Mob.
CUTE

We never did get any closure to what the deal with the aliens were.

pure filler

They were just curious moeblobs, that was it.

It's on the info section of the Mob Psycho page on the app:
>次週はおまけ漫画を更新します。

You know you're on hard times when making aliens canon is filler.

Tsubomi better deny Mob (assuming he manages to get to her)
it'd be too much of an asspull for her to end up also liking him, and it would serve as a good experience to further Mob's growth as a person
although I'm sure she'll be nice about it, and Mob will understand

the point was to give closure to the Telepathy Group and Tome in particular
it's the same as asking what was the point of the "Reigen goes on TV" arc. the point is to deepen these characters and allow them to grow
the whole series is about Mob growing and learning from people, while people around Mob grow and learn from him. just because there wasn't a big fight at the end doesn't mean the arc was filler

Thank you for understanding Mob Psycho, user.

i don´t think they'll end up together but i hope they have a conversation. how did they drift apart as friends? why was she "watching" in the emi chapter?

Kinda annoyed because it feels stretched, hope the ending will be somewhat satifying

Is ONE really doing it, first he killed the second best character and now he is after the best one, is manga really this close towards it's natural ending? Mob has all the cards to become one of the best shonen mangas out there, but this will never happen if manga is going to end this soon.
Also, new chapter is out on Batoto.
You guys didn't get the meaning of that arc at all, reread it and make 100 words essay by tommorow night.
This guy gets it, though beside character development purposes it's also has a message towards younger readers about "Spring of youth", moments like this will always be remembered, so don't fucking miss out on opportunities.

You're trying too hard faggot.
What closure? Telepathy club is so irrelevant you might as well give closure to the camera girl but ONE didn't. The arc was pure filler that introduce another irrelevant character late in the story.

Looks like ONE has ran out of ideas and is just spewing this stuff out for more money. It's actually a pretty common practice in manga and webcomics. That's why there are many series where it suddenly becomes super pseudo-psychological, the characters start talking about nothing actually deep, lots of text, and borderline zero actual plot development.

It is what it is user, it's in the manga, it's official and it can't be a filler by definition, they are sure irrelevant like a lot of the other characters in this manga, but ONE doesn't want to leave all these behind, he keeps them around for whatever the fuck reason, I don't know why, maybe it's just another sign of the upcoming end and ONE wants to finish their stories, maybe he developing them because he wants to go full Dragon Ball and explore the galaxy so he is using left out characters as a way to introduce new things, maybe even he want some of these in Mob's space crew or something. Development is always a good thing, it opens more possible paths for the story to go on and it makes everything that author pulling out of his pants look more natural.
Also, small arc like this is a good way to discharge the atmosphere and move on to the next big arc.
>give closure to the camera girl
This will happen too.

what did we do to deserve this god tier manga

I think it really defeats the point when you try to label whether or not ???% is speaking or Mob is speaking. It seems to be pretty intentional ONE didn't use tails on the speech bubbles. Mob is in conflict with himself.

In other news, ONE is a bad writer.

Oh, ok. Thanks!

more like god tier retardation
>i am me
>no, i am me
>no, me i am
>i am me, no?

>i don't get it therefore it's dumb
user

I felt the need to make things as clear as possible for the readers but you're right, since Shigeo is essentially talking to himself during this chapter.

sorry it's 2deep4mylowIQ

Why are you shitposting so much?

He is just bumping the thread, even replying to himself to make it look like there is discussion going on.
Kinda sad Mob threads don't get many posters.

Probably because the manga is bad.

Because the Manga has been undwhelming for a long while.
Battle wise it peaked as Mob vs Boss
Character wise it peaked at Broccoli Tree

>arc doesn't have a fight
>people say arc is bad

This is the arc the series has been building up to.

It's wrapping up now, so threads will probably stay dead until the final page.

Personally I almost lost interest during the arc before the broccoli- the culmination of the Esper Society arc. Now I'm just hoping that Mob accepts his own violent and selfish tendencies instead of trying to act like he doesn't have any- we're only human, we have destructive habits. But we can choose what we act on so having them is not evil or "bad" in of itself. Mob is trying to be a good person and I think he will be a great guy even once he accepts ??? as part of his self-image. That's probably his final lesson in the manga and Reigen will deliver it to him with an amazing speech, as usual.

I hope mob pulls a GITS and fuses his split personalities together to give birth to a new mob, one that isn't afraid to show and use his powers but also is cautious and respectful of surrounding people.

it's like these retards never realized the story is about personal growth

Never stopped Bleach or Naruto though, no matter how bad things got with time. I think it has something to do with almost none to 0 attractive female characters in the manga, Sup Forumsutists can't self insert as a cute little girl so they are not intrested. Also, Thubomi-chan only now started receiving at least some development.

>chp. 100.14
What the fuck are these chapter numbers?

I really hope this doesn't happen, because Mob's appeal comes from trying to achieve his personal goals without using his powers
he already learned to use his powers for self defense and doesn't mind using it for minor stuff like not letting stuff fall on the floor
I feel like the possible outcomes for this arc are for Mob to either erase ??? and never be afraid of his powers again while keeping his mindset towards not using them, or end up without psychic powers and ultimately ending the series
I think both would serve for his growth but personally I prefer the latter, because it would make the arc more meaningful

ONE realizing he ran out of numbers before hitting 100.

chapter 100 part 14
ez

Chapter 100 is the last chapter. He's just not done yet.

I bet ??? is just puberty and this is all a metaphor for a teenager whose feeling lost and questioning their place in the world.

It'll probably happen.