HOW VIDEO GAMES ARE FUELING THE RISE OF THE ALT-RIGHT

archive.is/9GcuS

>The white male supremacy in gaming has been discussed in the context of the harassment campaign Gamergate and via the link between Trump and gamer message board threads on the Sup Forums website. Yet it’s not simply that many gamers are right wing, or that the right recruits gamers, but that the logic and pleasure of gaming itself has served and continues to serve the political right.

>Games are ideological constructions which push a set of values on the user. Like television and film, they often support the ideologies of their context: in the Bush years, American games endorsed aggressive foreign policy; since Brexit, British games advocate isolationism or nostalgia for empire – and the prominence of anti-Islam games in the 2000s tells it all.

Attached: frog and snail.jpg (1024x576, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jta.org/2010/10/18/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/sephardi-leader-yosef-non-jews-exist-to-serve-jews
archive.is/9GcuS
youtube.com/watch?v=tsu7wEyiWGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm sure it has nothing to do with this.

jta.org/2010/10/18/news-opinion/israel-middle-east/sephardi-leader-yosef-non-jews-exist-to-serve-jews

Attached: 1514594226636.jpg (1000x624, 319K)

Video Games are HARMLESS and only Fuel the recruitment of Soldiers partially.

I just wanted to play vidya.

The author of the article wrote this book.

>From mobile phones to consoles, tablets and PCs, we are now a generation of gamers. The PlayStation Dreamworld is – to borrow a phrase from Slavoj Zizek – the pervert's guide to videogames. It argues that we can only understand the world of videogames via Lacanian dream analysis. It also argues that the Left needs to work inside this dreamspace – a powerful arena for constructing our desires – or else the dreamworld will fall entirely into the hands of dominant and reactionary forces.

>While cyberspace is increasingly dominated by corporate organization, gaming, at its most subversive, can nevertheless produce radical forms of enjoyment which threaten the capitalist norms that are created and endlessly repeated in our daily relationships with mobile phones, videogames, computers and other forms of technological entertainment. Far from being a book solely for dedicated gamers, this book dissects the structure of our relationships to all technological entertainment at a time when entertainment has become ubiquitous. We can no longer escape our fantasies but rather live inside their digital reality.

dam KGB and their tetris.

Why do progressives continue to deny their whole ideology is a byproduct of post-Bernays capitalism? The "dominant forces" in society are progressive and capitalist. This much is blindingly obvious to anyone who's paid the slightest bit of attention to how the West has changed over the last few decades.

Attached: apple-pride.jpg (1200x629, 249K)

the endless lies about Gamergate drove me to the right more than the actual controversy itself

GamerGate lost. Pretty sure Nathan Grayson is still slinging his SJW shit on Kotaku.

it's magical. it really is.
you spend all your life making gay jokes at apple users and then this shit pops up

I don't care If they're both French, race-mixing is wrong.

>archive.is/9GcuS
I believe this may be the batshit craziest lefty article I've ever read. And I used to hate-read Jezebel on the daily.

I honestly have no idea how these people have 0 self reflection. We know fox news is controlled opposition, we know half the shit that agrees with us is just trying to subvert white interests

is it true that "Sup Forums" is japanese for "fourth reich"?

Yes.

Attached: 1469743576237.png (999x358, 162K)

the japs were in on it, too. of course.

kek

Really good article

Attached: 1509133429312.jpg (700x790, 116K)

Attached: 1474223103074.jpg (763x437, 138K)

I can attest to this, online gaming communities even fringe ones lean right when mic chat is enabled and the topic is talked about comedically or seriously.

thx bro this is great

In video games I can at least pretend to be in a world that values honor, family and goodness.

Attached: falcor.jpg (1024x768, 42K)

>is it true that "Sup Forums" is japanese for "fourth reich"?
It sure is. Welcome to the 4th Reich, mutter ficker. All Heil our glorious leader, J00t (pic related).

Attached: 1442851650188.jpg (208x312, 13K)

Fucking Normies

Attached: 1331.png (540x764, 499K)

yea but then I started stealing stuff as soon as I could in KCD

A man after my own heart. Hail Augustus!

No! Hail victory!
youtube.com/watch?v=tsu7wEyiWGQ

Attached: 1503477362624.webm (940x529, 1.61M)

Attached: The_Last_of_Us_Ellie_Kisses_Riley_Left_Behind_DLC_.webm (1280x720, 1.43M)

yeah no

yes/no, what leaf?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Attached: absolutely disgusting.jpg (500x600, 71K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Yeah

>Holy shit the gamer mindset sometimes produces Sup Forumsacks
>Quickly destroy videogames!

It must be hard being a progressive nugamer, feeling guilty and uncomfortable even playing Bayonetta.

Attached: motherboard bayonetta.png (653x579, 251K)

NO WONDER TRUMP WAS ANTI-VIDEO GAMES

How far up my fucking ass do I have to get to be unable to enjoy vidja like these people?

It's funny this is what passes for news these days because Gamergate was mostly left-wing brats.

Attached: gg.png (506x535, 179K)

is bayonetta on pc any good?
if so i might give it a whirl.

Yeah it is, and the port is actually fantastically optimized.

cheers mate