Is this film acceptable to show a class of 10 year olds?

is this film acceptable to show a class of 10 year olds?

I teach fourth grade and we're onto world war 2 history and I figured this would be a good way to draw parallels and make the lessons interesting

is there anything in this movie that would be objectionable for kids? i've not seen it in a long time but I don't remember anything too crazy

Attached: starship-troopers-521b97bdb419d.jpg (1000x1426, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=opZl9VOBsUE
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140541263/
youtu.be/XkvOZPRBz9U
youtu.be/EX4nzBceONQ
youtu.be/ql_N1pmgqv4
youtu.be/6MMiNDm5FsU
youtu.be/SDwxfWHtAz0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dina_Meyer
youtube.com/watch?v=0gOOivlhSZM
youtube.com/watch?v=qAEYZdJK-sA
washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1997/11/11/goosestepping-at-the-movies/83272787-18ae-4126-b8c4-3d46b1b31277/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It has disembowelments and boobs

>Copy pasta is copy pasta

I guess I could fast forward that

Kids aren't going to be harmed by a few seconds of boobs. Also the disembowelment aren't that bad.

Lol, dude gets cut in half in the first minute of the movie. Scared the shit outta me when I saw it in theaters as a lad.

no it wouldn't be suitable for kids at school. unless you can get their parents to sign a form or some shit I guess.

I was just going to skip the permission card. was thinking i'd tell them to not mention the film or they'd fail the assignment if they did

good idea, but for full effect replace the nudity scenes with blacked.com clips

I hope you are not a real teacher

nope. terrible idea.

someone should get you fired from your job , holy shit you are insane or a troll.
the movie is not for 10 year olds and how you as a teacher even think it has any merit regardingww2 is extremely dumb , did you just walk into school one day high on shrooms and said "im the history teacher now"?

Just show the beginning where they talk about citizenry and then continue on till the planet gets destroyed then maybe do the invasion scene and call it a night.

Jesus christ, have you met fourth graders though? Tell a kid to not day something and they Will say something.

No idiot that movie has a 16 years rating

This!

You might get into trouble for the sex scene/violence etc.

sex scene? I don't remember that at all. how can there be time for sex scenes in this film? it's all war

Rico fucks the curly haired chick in his tent before they go to war. Nice titties.

we already had this thread

Dont enjoy having a job, eh?

Dude. Seriously.

>is there anything in this movie that would be objectionable for kids?

nah you're good

Attached: starship-troopers-16-g.jpg (1200x629, 174K)

it's totally fine

Attached: Vlcsnap-57218.png (1024x576, 441K)

Are you thinking about playing a movie to a class of 10 year olds that is rated R and you have not seen yourself? Probably watch it before you do and then see. Its extremely violent with a bit of nudity.

Nudity in shower s. Sex between the dude and the redhead.

Make them read the book. The movie is the a tongue-in-cheek "ironic" version of a legitimate coming of age story.

Attached: starship-troopers.jpg (500x767, 146K)

no white devil. trannys is bad. the female "lead" is a tranny. look at the adams apple

you have to show the chilrens bootleg shaky cam black panther then you have to pay for movie tickets because reasons

>and boobs
one of my first childhood faps

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1040, 204K)

Attached: kek.jpg (596x628, 44K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1920x1040, 86K)

Have them watch at least the classroom parts, they're about the only thing that they kept from the book.

Or better yet, have them read the book. Whereas the movie is ironic and campy in its endorsement of fascism, Heinlein's novel was dead serious, and made a compelling argument.

Attached: 1493334588747s.jpg (125x100, 2K)

This is a terrible idea. Just show them a history channel documentary on a subject you are covering.

Stop trying to be cool and focus on being effective.

Just teach them about WWII you fucking catamite.

Attached: 3.png (192x233, 93K)

show them the greatest story never told..

This is probably the best option

Attached: History Repeats.gif (870x350, 3.76M)

I remember when my father took me to see this in theatres when I was 9. It was awesome.

10-year-olds can surely grasp the implications.

Just show 'em Das Boot.

>is this film acceptable to show a class of 10 year olds?
hell no.

14/88
youtube.com/watch?v=opZl9VOBsUE

Attached: Street full of soldiers.jpg (999x670, 181K)

you arent supposed to do that unless it's schindlers list

>I teach
Kill yourself. You are part of a diseased system that cannot be cured

Why not just watch a WW2 movie? There's millions of them

Sure. You can follow up with Showgirls and Basic Instinct, since you’re in a Paul Verhoeven mood.

DESU they used to show us that Romeo and Juliet with CP boobs, but you should just have them read the book instead.

>is this film acceptable to show a class of 10 year olds I'm trying to groom?

fixed

Attached: biden.jpg (640x360, 53K)

> Liberal propaganda disguised as B-rate social commentary

Attached: 21B90755-2A7B-4515-B516-05FE002561CC.jpg (479x260, 31K)

>liberals try to make propaganda
>end up making the whole thing look badass
sure got us huh?

That’s why i love that movie. Its B-list cast and dialog. But bad ass action scenes. Commentary on proto-fascist tendencies on Muhrican “my country right or wrong”, but future fascist society is ridiculously liberal in mores.

Paul Verhoeven’s finest, up there with RoboCop.

Ricos RoughSex

Don't risk your career over a fast forward. Edit the scenes out and transfer only the edited version to a thumb drive.

not really, the film isn't anywhere near as good as the book
in fact the film is only starship troopers in name only

LOL yeah sure then you can bring in my dick for a science project.

What relevance does it have to ww2? Just teach them actual history in an impartial and uncucked way and they'll figure it out. Most kids aren't stupid

in burgerland people would gett buttmad about it

>americans consider a scene where women take showers the same as scenes of giant spider monsters tearing peoples bodies apart in graphic realistic detail

>What could go wrong?

Attached: 1500868971635.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

I was about 10 when I first saw it.

I don't think it would be appropriate for a classroom though.

I'm really going to need the whole thing, champ.

Sauce?

This is about 5 months old, welcome to >>Sup Forums newfriends.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140541263/

Show them these instead.
You will be their'greatest teacher if you do.
Most history teachers have never seen footage like this, its moving.

youtu.be/XkvOZPRBz9U

youtu.be/EX4nzBceONQ

youtu.be/ql_N1pmgqv4

I watched this movie right after it came out when I was 12 and I thought the boobs were the best part.

Dizzy>Carmen

Attached: dizzy.jpg (468x412, 52K)

>I teach fourth grade and we're onto world war 2 history
Fake.

World War 2 history starts in high school. Those kids should be studying pioneers or some bullshit like that.

One of my favs, but I would unironically fire you if you did this.

>B-b-b-but that's the point!

This. I would ruin Dina Meyer for other men.

Lmao, i watched it on release when i was 8. Still remember the movie as an all times favorite. Stop being such pussies.

>I win, carmen

80 lashes

Attached: dizz.jpg (500x600, 92K)

youtu.be/6MMiNDm5FsU

youtu.be/SDwxfWHtAz0

epic bait

theyre gonna love the coed shower scene

I read Night in 7th grade, not much older than these kids

Attached: 1508211054959.jpg (672x480, 83K)

I should also add that on top of being inappropriate, if you're wanting to use it in some sort of educational/redpill manner it's probably going to be completely lost on 10 year olds.
The satire is and deeper meaning of the story is going to go right over their heads.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dina_Meyer
>Meyer was born in Queens, New York, United States. Her family is Jewish; her grandparents are from Austria and Germany.[3]
Still agree tho

You know this movie is a Jewish bastardization of the original novel, right?

Heinlein was a US army vet who was right-leaning, and Starship Troopers was supposed to be about the virtue of patriotism and military service; and the Jew who made the movie version hated it because it was "too fascist", so he tried to make it a mockery of patriotism and nationalism. Jews are like cancer to a society.

Attached: Jew animal instincts.jpg (547x483, 241K)

In your country 8 year olds are killing people in the streets right NOW. So I'll take your advice with a grain of salt.

I believe there is a fair amount of nudity.

But it backfired and made it look great. Just like American History X if you ignore the faggotry in the 2nd half
youtube.com/watch?v=0gOOivlhSZM
youtube.com/watch?v=qAEYZdJK-sA

Attached: notwelcome.jpg (480x305, 12K)

unf, some found memories there

>10 year olds
FUCK NO. There's a bunch of sex scenes and graphic violence. WTF is with you? And why would you ask pol for advice?!

Teach the book you lazy faggot.

The movie was originally unrelated to Starship Troopers and they just added that later to boost sales. The (((director))) didn't fucking read the book and threw in "muh fascism" to try and make fascism look bad. This is why the movie is so campy. The (((director))) was actually trying to make fun of fascism.

I guess he didn't count on the left becoming so absurd that even "joke fascism" starts to look good in comparison.

Attached: space_fascism.jpg (600x450, 85K)

No, the movie is bullshit. Tell them to read the fucking book.

>the Jew who made the movie version hated it because it was "too fascist", so he tried to make it a mockery of patriotism and nationalism.

You're going way too far there. This Jew also made Robocop which is campy as hell; there is no sinister motive.

I know, but it still triggers me.

Thankfully, there's supposed to be a reboot movie in the works that sticks closer to the original novel. It might actually be more interesting, because in the novel the mobile infantry (space marines) had mech suits with jetpacks, and the Arachnids were more intelligent and used plasma weapons and starships (but still had a hive mind control system linked to queens).

Yeah you don’t want to show 10 year olds tits. Not a good idea. Iconic movie, yes. But 10 year olds getting their hands on tit flicks? Yeah no

Robocop was supposed to be a parody of US corporate culture and police violence.

washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1997/11/11/goosestepping-at-the-movies/83272787-18ae-4126-b8c4-3d46b1b31277/

-No, what is your IQ?

The movie has a surprisingly brutal take on relationships as part of its general propa parody thesis.

Rico has a childish crush on Carmen and follows her into the armed services, but she eventually dumps him for Zander who she sees as more available and more mature. Rico is initially dismissive of Dizzy, giving her shit for supposedly following him into the armed services despite doing the same thing with Carmen, only for it to turn out Dizzy's actually a highly capable soldier and one of the few people from his original unit who survives the battle on Big K. Through battle, Dizzy and Rico eventually develop a mutual respect, admiration, and romantic feelings for each other, only for Dizzy to get killed on Tango Urilla which devastates Rico and turns him self destructive enough to volunteer for the suicide mission to capture the Brain Bug. Carmen, being reunited with Rico for the first time in, ostensibly, several months or years, begins to feel the same romantic feelings she had for him when they were in school, only now Rico's an empty shell of a man whose only love is for the Mobile Infantry. Zander gets his brains sucked out and Carmen is surprised to see that Rico now sees her only as an old friend and a VIP who needs protecting.

In the end, the three friends have given themselves over completely to The State, more meat for the grinder in a never-ending war against a

*an alien enemy

Yeah ignore the surreal amount of callous gory violence because those tiddies are a real problem.

Is this taken from RLM's review or am I tripping

>Graphic violence
>Nudity
>Profanity
If you teach in a white school, you will be fired if you show this.

I never got why they had white American actors play Argentines, and they even kept the Spanish names of the character. I'm not SJW crying about "whitewashing" or whatever, I was wondering if they were trying to make a point, or just couldn't find any actors from Argentina. Anyone know?

Attached: 1518668674150.png (747x686, 44K)

Wait, RLM did Starship Troopers? Shit, when?

I didn't buy a color tv to watch coloreds on it.

Many Argentines are white

gotcha

Attached: 1499116153485.png (572x505, 92K)

nigga what lol just teach them actual history

DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL BE FIRED.

You could perhaps get a TV censored copy of the movie. However, I would not show it without appropriate permission from the school, given its politically charged content.

Attached: 1472253008234.jpg (902x789, 294K)