>Bleach
Should have ended on Aizen
>Nardo
Should have ended on Pain
>Death Note
Should have ended L's Death
>Beelzebub
Should have stick to comedy

Authors probably get told when their series is supposed to finish by the company so they end up rushing and they lose their way. Also
>Not mentioning Toriko's ending

>Should have ended on Pain
More like should've ended after Pt 1.

This. Medaka Box's ending was rushed as fuck. The amount of shit covered in the last couple of chapters and how they were handled just felt off. Its like when tv shows get a season and its really good, then the second is damn near perfect with a nice conclusion, but it get's so popular that it has to keep going and the writers never planned that far ahead.

What are some good shounen? I want to get into the "genre".

Boku no hero is the peak of shounen mango

Because most manga, shounen in particular, are made to run as long as possible. They don't have proper endings, they end when they become shit.

Read Air Gear

Further proof that Slam Dunk is the best Jump Series

this
there shouldn't be a timeskip

I dunno, Busou Renkin ended up pretty good despite being "cancelled".

D-Gray Man should've end with Earl of Millennium
Kenshin should've end with Shishio
YYH should've ended with Sensui
Dragon Quest should've ended with Hadlar
YugiOh should've end with Merrick
FotNS should've end with Roah

O

Fairy Tail

Problem with JUMP is that once a series is successful, they're ready to milk it for all it's worth. YYH is a prime example of this.

It's a shame how they basically force mangakas to extend their series which at times can lead to the plot losing its way, lesser characters becoming even less relevant, the art getting sloppier etc.

>Kenshin should've end with Shishio
WRONG FAGGOT

Shaman King

>YYH should've ended with Sensui
It was supposed to

Neuro

>Should have ended L's Death

should have ended with someone more competent than matsuda killing kira and with Near also getting killed.

maybe.

>dragon ball
should have ended with cell. to be fair, the best arcs in Z were the saiyan and the freezer one, but cell arc gave us trunks from the future movie wich was the best among with the first bardock one

Eden no ori. excelent shounen surivial, despite certain conviniences. Also, the promised neverland and Biomeat Nectar

>Why are they the shittiest?
Because the editors force shit too keep going even when the author wants to give it a rest.

turn out making story for muh sales is such a nice idea,

The final arc in Kinnikuman's original Shonen Jump run was actually really good.

Way too vague. Gotta pick something more to it. If you want battle shounen, I guess you could go for Yu Yu Hakusho as an anime. The best of the best is HunterxHunter and Negima. Latter takes a while to get good though and is only good as a manga.

Black Clover

For shounen, you really need to start with the basics. Read Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho all the way through, and maybe Hunter x Hunter after that. Then there's the Big Three, and some fun non-Jump stuff like Full Metal Alchemist and Kekkaishi.

>Bleach
>Should have ended on Aizen
I legit liked where the anime ended. He got his powers back and he decided to continue working with SS despite the fact that they fucked his predecessor because by then he trusted them. The stuff with the pairings/kids can stay the same.

>Nardo
What should have happened is...
-Madara should have been final boss
-Sasuke should have been flat out exiled, that way him not being in the village would make sense
-Both Naruto and Sasuke should not have been literal reincarnations on the Sage's kids but instead inheritors of their ideals
-The Last should have been about Kaguya

Rurouni Kenshin manga does okay past Shishio. But ultimately should have ended with Shishio as the final arc didn't really add much. Still, Samurai X was fucking great so I'll stick to my guns that it ended well.

Yu Yu Hakusho could have done the 3 Kings well and was doing quite well actually till the rushed ending. Ending was supposed to be Yusuke vs Enma (so basically what Bleach became).

A classic, easy way to add longevity to your series and increase reader commitment is to create "mysteries" and questions regarding the world. However, in the end this almost always backfires because these questions are often raised without an answer in mind, so when the series comes to a close the author has to scramble to come up with answers that are often unsatisfying.

A good author goes around this by shortening the time between foreshadowing and payoff, creating a balance where new questions are being raised as often as old ones are being answered.

On the other hand you have something like One Piece where the question of what One Piece is and details regarding the backstory of the series have gone unanswered for 20 years and so the finale will either be underwhelming or so crazy that it will seem like nonsense.

But this is just one aspect of it. Another part is that authors simply peak and then burn out. It's not limited to Jump, shonen or manga, it's present in all long-running fiction. An author can't possibly have any idea of when their story peaks until after its already happened.

>so crazy that it will seem like nonsense
I'm full expecting this, what with the moon tribe, robots, and space pirates that have been hinted at so far. I'm expecting this shit to get really fucking crazy.

>Dragon Ball
Should have ended with Buu.

Rurouni Kenshin

you missed spell Namek saga

It did. GT and Super are supplementary.

Nah, the original manga is pure gold in it's entirety, it's the shit they have been adding after that are shit.

>Gintama
>Snorefest
What did OP mean by this?

It's not a genre. It's demographics of magazine that publishes it. Nothing to do with plot or mood.
Aria, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Yotsuba&, Deadtube are all shounen.

What is the proper term for what he means? I hear "battle shonen" but do the Japanese have a specific term for it, or is it just their equivalent of "action"?

Not enough yelling of special attack names and power-up forms

Nekketsu or battle manga.

>nardo ending on pain

Not with sauske, kabuto and the akatsuki still in play

Additonaly we hadnt see any thing out of the other three vilages at that point

Jojo part 6 had a good ending

HXH 2011 made me realize most anime is shit and gave me a pallet.

>Gintama
wait gintama ended?
what? when?

You mean battle manga? Read JoJo, YYH, DB and One Piece up to the end of the Alabasta arc.

This is just autistic though. One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, DBZ, and HxH are all part of an identifiable genre.

The battle genre. Are you stupid?

One Piss should have ended with Don Krieg.

No, too open ended. Pain would've been fine

I don't think you understand what "Pure Gold" means

This. It was a nice ending to a long story.

Why is one piece hated here

Contrarians and edgelords can't stand it. Also moeshitters.

Shonen Jump was mistake

Read Air Gear for a legitimately good ride into insanity but with very likable characters.

You can read/watch anything really
just be prepared when it all turns to shit later

should've ended with vegeta blowing him self up to kill buu and gohan becoming goku's successor

Some of them are better described as adventure than action

>latest robot x laserbeam volume still hasnt reached 100k in sales despite 2 weeks
Fucking end this shit.

Its in the final arc, probably wont end till early 2018

>Samurai X
You know that was an adaptation of Kenshin's past, which is found in the Jinchuu arc, right?

Kenshin's last arc was great, it tied up all the loose ends and gave him a happy end.

It's taking a while to give the huge cast a proper conclusions. Like we knew Gintama on it's final arc since 2015 and it's still dragging on and on

kadokawa was a mistake

Toriko should also be included.

The Final Arc was asspull after asspull after asspull, the only good character was Midora.

Toriko shouldve ended with the Fighting Festival Arc.

Beelzebub was always fun though. There wasn't really a drop in quality. It was also always comedy to some degree

>Kenshin should've end with Shishio
This is how you spot a nigga with bad taste. Jinchuu wasn't better than Shishio, but it absolutely needed to be told as part of the story.

Disregard every single thing you've read here and read Rurouni Kenshin. Try to get your hands on the Viz translation if you can. They do a great job with it.

Yesyesyes

>>Death Note
>Should have ended L's Death
Why do 90% of people think this? I always hear complaints that Death Note should have ended sooner. But wasn't it all about a fall from grace? Can't anyone understand this simple concept in a story - that has been around for hundreds of years - and stop whining already?

People are retards. Yes, the execution of Mello and Near was poor compared to L, but it needed to happen for the story to have a proper structure.

Naruto will make you cry.

End of Alabasta is where One Piece starts getting good. It's trash before that.

Naruto and Bleach.

Calling it shonen is still worst, considering that is a much broader description.

You really think East Blue and Alabasta are bad arcs or are you just shitposting?

Bernard should have ended with pain but had everything build up to differently. Remove village restore no jutsu as well

Kaguya was a boring boss. White zetsuo was boring as fuck as well. Man naruto annoys me with the wasted potential.

not him, but they were okay arcs. Nothing special.

>Bleach
>Should have ended after SS arc
ftfy you idiot

People are gonna shit on me for this one but Mankin had a good final arc THERE I SAID IT

The second half was just terrible. It had Light acting stupid in order to advance the plot.

Air Gear is shit

This. I would even accept a 23rd TB end

>the original manga is pure gold in it's entirety
No it isn't. It might be better paced but Cell and Buu saga have the same issues as in the anime. They're boring pieces of shit

Shaman King
Read it on Batoto since it has the most HQ/comlete version online(avoid VIZ version it's the original version with the incomplete ending, it's censored and has a bad translation)

>Reading VIZshit
>ever

I liked Obito and Madara. Should've ended with them. Fuck Kaguya

This, everything post-timeskip was shit

Buu isn't a boring arc, it's lots of fun

Light losing could have been a great arc... it just wasn't executed right

Because JUMP forces series to run longer than originally expected, then abruptly announces that the series is ending. Leaving the mangos to suddenly start wrapping up their story after having to stretch and drag it out.

Should've ended with Vegeta getting killed in the Saiya-Jin arc, as was obviously intended. Then, Dragon Ball would've gone down as a good series and transformation bullshit wouldn't have happened. Only bad things would be no Freeza, no waifu for Kuririn, no Cell, no Japanese Gohan SSJ2 transformation and no Great Saiyaman 1 and 2.

The only time Light really acted stupid was at the end with his plan to get Near and everybody else killed. Everything else was done right, it's just that one of his subordinates fucked up big time in a way Light couldn't predict

My issue with gintama is that I just wanted funny and it was being serious way too long. Not that the s serious stuff was bad I just look for it to always make me laugh

It wasn't even so much that Light acted stupid, though. He definitely got cocky, but it was a massive asspull that Giovanni manages to make an exact duplicate of the Death Note in a single night. Especially more-so that after all the lengths they went to show how carefully Mikami checked his shit that he wouldn't have noticed it was a fake.

>after all the lengths they went to show how carefully Mikami checked his shit that he wouldn't have noticed it was a fake.
It was clear that Mikami was going crazy and it's believable that he'd slowly start being less analytical.
Also, was the mangaka pressed for time when writing the ending? Everything before is done perfectly, but the ending itself feels rushed.

Eyeshield 21

Eh Gintama has never really been known to have great serious arcs, it is dragging though

Didn't this have a peculiar last arc? I can't quite remember exactly what the problem was, like there was a build up the entire series, then something abruptly happened or something, been a while.

Pretty boring protag in a sports manga that doesn't tend to do well on it's own merit, especially for golf. It doesn't really have a clear audience to cater too for it to succeed

Im fine with Gintama, as long the final arc will be animated. It felt the final arc is made to be animate than reading weekly. the shitfast pacing of the last animeted arc will help alleviate the snoozefest