ITT: Underrated manga/shonen arcs

This arc may feel uneccessary, but is fun as fuck

>that face and jaw
>people think gohan isn't the ultimate chad

Do they think there is any chance he'll become the main character again? He's a far better protagonist then Goku.

Seeing as Dragon Ball Super will likely continue for another 5 years, there'll probably be a few arcs for him. Maybe he'll be the MVP in the current arc, but that's highly unlikely, since Goku, Vegeta and Freeza still exist.

He's boring as fuck.

Also a complete retard when it comes to fighting.

Gohan was at his best as a five year old badass in training and as Saiyaman. Otherwise, he's a self insert with no personality made to appeal to powerlevel fags

I forgot he actually held his own back there holy shit

Vegeta lost to Yajirobe

I agree. It brings the series full circle: it started with crazy shit, and it ends with crazy shit.

The biggest letdown for me was Piccolo seeking to raise and train Gohan in his own image getting dropped. By the time Buu rolls around and he dons the Kame dougi, it really doesn't look right.

The tournament part was fun, the rest was totally unnecessary. I think it even makes Super worse, imagine going straight from the end of the Cell Game to Beerus waking up. Also there would be no Majin Boo in Battle of Gods and the whole God hierarchy thing would have been easier to explain

Greed Island gets too much flak. The rules of the game were fleshed out more than they should have been. It was fun seeing the three 'kids' enjoy the game after they trained.

I remember reading a fanfiction a long ass time ago where that line is taken to heart and it lead to Gohan crushing Chi-Chi's skull to prove himself to Piccolo or some shit.
I also remember Gohan becoming friends with some Saibamen after Vegeta and Nappa are killed.

Uprising Arc, it had some great info dumping and world building, it was where most things started connecting. A pivotal point where everything inside the walls changed.

>Gohan becoming friends with some Saibamen
this is why I don't read fanfiction, siabamen don't even have minds to comprehend anything from what it looks like

I think it was a completely one-sided friendship. All I really remember from it is the Chi-Chi death and Piccolo being an asshole to everybody (and he also learned Instant Transmission)

Why would you read fanfiction and admit it?

alright i did the same too

>and he also learned Instant Transmission
he went to that planet too?

Agree.
I remember reading this arc back then when it was being published, saying to myself 'oh shit now things got really serious' only for the next chapter Toriyama going batshit crazy with wacky looney situations.
I feel like Toriyama stopped giving any shit about serious fights and tried to go back to crazy antics like in the firsts chapters.

It was weird. I think Piccolo forced Bulma to make the ship Goku used to get to Namek in the original (using Vegeta's pod), and a lot of shit happened and it ended with Gohan going Super Saiya-jin (and dying), Freeza dying, Goku escaping at the last second and Piccolo taking Ginyu's pod.
Goku went back to Earth, and I found the story and now know how the Artificial Humans arc goes down
>Yamcha goes back in time
>Yamcha fucked Bulma
>Piccolo took over the world and tried to kill everyone, so the good guys went into hiding
>The Androids showed up and did their thing (Piccolo dies, Gohan disappears)
>Future Yamcha calls himself Scar to hide his identity for a while
>Vegeta is brought back to life in both timelines and Future Yamcha becomes friends with him
And in the current chapter (released 2 years ago) Goku, Yamcha, Tien, Kuririn and Future Yamcha fight Piccolo (who has Bulma for some reason), and some of the Ginyu Force as well as Cui live on Earth working for Bulma. The chapter ends with Gohan taking Piccolo's crippled body and he doesn't give him a senzu bean because of a promise he made to Future Yamcha.

people give the 3 kings arc a lot of shit for the " oh my ancestral demon" transition but i liked how laid back it was and all the context we're given on the demon world, not to mention all the little cool background shit like the first spirit detective, yusuke's ancestor impregnating a human, and all his fight club buddies or whatever

agreed. only real downside is the underwhelming antagonists that was more than made up for with the killer dodgeball game.

Greed Island should have been longer

I love the Buu arc for that reason alone and especially now since so many people are triggered over the silliness, almost like they never read Dragon Ball and started with 'Z'.

The dinosaur alien mission

>Punished Kei
>Izumi
>no Moralfags

>Gotenks vs buu
>SS3
>Goku vs Vegeta 2
>Kid Buu
>Vegito
>Jobhan first appearance
>Earth getting BTFO
>Universe Lore
>mr Satan

This is literally the epitome of DB

I think a lot of Bleach arcs post Soul Society are underrated

I never understood the hate for full bringer arc, aside from muh soul society, I get it had shitty villains but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be

Only the beginning is fun, then it goes to shit.

I really liked that arc until the fights, because they literally were "we're the protagonists so we won't lose AKA Plot armor: the arc"

Izumi was the best character after Kurono, dunno why Oku didn't revive him.

mc should've got with reika instead of otaku girl

That one was really good. The dinosaur's were cool, it had a panda, Izumi tearing shit up, the old man, Reika appearing those fucking black guys, and the vampires. That was a really fun arc in hindsight.

Seriously. Everything goes to shit and constantly get's worse, and all I could think was "Man, this wouldn't be so bad if Izumi was here".

The Uriel fight is overrated and a clusterfuck

His battle vs Ee dee and Abigail was pure hype

This. I liked the otaku girl but Reika should have won

the cloning thing kinda ruined it for me

>He's a far better protagonist then Goku.
Hell no, Goku is fun and does interesting things. If they want a different protagonist, it'll be Future Trunks because he's similar to Gohan but not as lame.

>Do they think there is any chance he'll become the main character again?

Soon.

>had to get bullshit powers in the anime
>had to wait for other people to save his timeline in the manga
>had to fuck off to another timeline where a future trunks already exists
At least Gohan beat one main villain

would you marry a saiyan princess which could give you strong saiyan babies?

I get that this is all a meme and that even the spics are in on it at this point, but what are the chances of Gohan actually stealing the spotlight in the tournament and beating Jiren or the Grand Priest?

>Piccolo's jaw
JUST

Boring as fuck
Shallow as fuck nostalgiabait throughout the whole thing
People who claim Buu saga was "just like classic DB" need to kill themselves

American started with z, they think dragonball is edgy cool serious business shit

Shutup fat boy

Chimera Ants is underrated because of the large number of vocal haters

Get a towel and wipe the cum off your lips chode choker.

Go back to youtube faggot.

That's because this arc is Toriyama having fun, unlike that shit and boring cell arc

assuming we get more episodes than DBZ ran for we will definitely see a gohan arc

i think the current arc is going to kill the show and it will go on hiatus for a few years and we get a ton of extended universe games/spinoffs as the voice actresses die off and then another reboot in 2020

>almost like they never read Dragon Ball and started with 'Z'
That's americans for you. Take this reply from other thread But on the other hand, the anime gave more importance to fights than to the crazy antics, whereas on the manga was the opposite. To this day I still laugh out loud when I read that saga, was refreshing after the Cell arc.

>manga on top 10 of sales
>anime on top 10 of ratings
>dragon ball room
>current arc is the most hyped up arc of super
>new game getting released

>dragon ball getting on hiatus

That won't happen m8

Not sure if bait or legit shit taste.