KILL ALL NIMBYS

A proposed tram bridge will prevent large boats and yachts from entering Docklands’ Yarra’s Edge marina, causing property prices in the ritzy locale to drop, residents say.

The bridge is part of a state government draft proposal for the new Fishermans Bend precinct, and, if approved, will extend the tram line at Collins Street, connecting Docklands with the new suburb.

A group of Yarra’s Edge locals are holding a rally on Tuesday evening, at which Footy Show host and local resident Sam Newman will speak, to pressure the government to consider an alternative to the tram bridge.

Resident Keith Sutherland said the group plans to bring a class action lawsuit against the government should the bridge plan go ahead.

“Most of us, including myself, bought into the area with the ability to look down at the marina seeing all these large yachts and boats that come in,” Mr Sutherland said.

Many of the 2500 Yarra’s Edge residents also owned yachts which they berthed in the marina, and Mr Sutherland said they were worried the tram bridge could cut their property values by up to $100,000.

He said he understood there was a certain amount of risk when buying property for the view – but that he did not expect it would be a factor at Yarra’s Edge.

“There’s an open marina, a river and basically you buy there not expecting anything to be changed,” he said.

Fishermans Bend is expected to house 80,000 residents along with 80,000 jobs. The project is proposed to be built in stages, with the tram bridge slated to be completed by 2025. Also proposed is an underground rail connection and two off-road cycling paths.

Mr Sutherland said instead of the tram bridge, he would like to see an immersed tube – a tunnel which is pre-built in sections and then submerged in the river – to take on the trams to Fishermans Bend.

Attached: 2_gmxiff.jpg (1498x844, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wongm.com/2016/07/melbourne-docklands-tram-bridge-practicality/
bridgesofamsterdam.com/bridges/155/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

“The alternate we’ve come up with is an immersed tube which would run down trams 86 and tram 70 – they are the least utilised trams,” he said. “The current proposal is to use the Collins Street tram which is already at maximum capacity.”

Mr Sutherland said he has consulted experts about the possibility of an immersed tube, but they were unable to comment on it without planning specifications.

“I’m not an engineer, I can’t offer any technical support, and that’s what I want the government to look at and offer their support to have a look at it.”

Up to 300 people are expected at the rally on Tuesday, and Mr Sutherland said most of the residents he had spoken to did not want the tram bridge.

He said if it went ahead, it would be costly for the government.

“If they have to spend $300 million to $500 million paying out a class action – that’s well and truly going to cover the cost of the immersed tube,” he said. “This could be the largest class action in Victoria if it goes ahead – but we’re wanting sanity to prevail.”

Transport for Victoria considered a number of routes for the tram connection to Fishermans Bend, including a tunnel option, a government spokeswoman said.

“The government is currently considering feedback provided on the draft Fishermans Bend Framework,” the spokeswoman said.

Attached: 2_h0wifi.jpg (1499x842, 271K)

Can we go and fuck them up Sup Forums?

Attached: gvfo9Bqg.jpg (728x971, 91K)

>“The alternate we’ve come up with is an immersed tube which would run down trams 86 and tram 70 – they are the least utilised trams,” he said. “The current proposal is to use the Collins Street tram which is already at maximum capacity.”
>Mr Sutherland said he has consulted experts about the possibility of an immersed tube, but they were unable to comment on it without planning specifications.
>“I’m not an engineer, I can’t offer any technical support, and that’s what I want the government to look at and offer their support to have a look at it.”

Attached: 1271006326057.jpg (840x780, 60K)

>Docklands’ Yarra’s Edge marina,
>Fishermans Bend precinct
>Collins Street, connecting Docklands
>trams 86 and tram 70
>Transport for Victoria
These words have no meaning, where the fuck are you talking aboot, eh?

'Straya, cunt

Docklands is a new suburb create next to the city out of the former industrial warf area
Its a pretty soulless corporate hell hole full of skyscrapers and appartments to be quite honest
And it also has marinas for rich cunts

Fishermans bend is an adjacent area that is now also going to be redeveloped from industry to residential
And they want to build a bridge from Docklands to Fishermans Bend for trams to access it to provide quick public transit access

Collins st is the city street that goes into a particular part of Docklands

86 and 70 trams are routes in Melbournes tram network

Attached: Fishermans-Bend.jpg (700x467, 146K)

Why should the be killed for preferring their way of life to your progressive schemes? Every neighborhood should be like this, in its own way.

In English you fucking 57% mutt

the netherlands as figured out how to mix the need for low bridges and marine traffic ages ago

Attached: dfgdfgd.png (374x471, 210K)

this bridge has a tram running on it as well
it needs tracks and overhead power

TRAM IS GOOD TRAM IS GOOD TRAM IS GOOD TRAM IS GOOD

so their plan is to run through here?

Attached: ergeg.png (1294x785, 2.48M)

is this type of bridge not chic enough for melbin fagets?

Attached: fghhfgh..png (988x697, 601K)

bit more to the right I think

Attached: mine.png (1294x785, 1.93M)

it needs tram tracks and overhead power
you can just disconnect them willy nilly

wongm.com/2016/07/melbourne-docklands-tram-bridge-practicality/
it as been done

it really fucking is

Attached: grass-tram-tracks-2[6].jpg (790x565, 189K)

>KILL ALL NIMBYS

There’s nothing you can do you commie faggot. I’ve made a living representing and even fighting all kinds of NIMBYs. Communists are too weak to fight boomers with a bunch of time and money.

Go be poor somewhere else nigger.

>built it tomorrow
>built

Why am I not surprised that commies fail at basic language skills?

Attached: 1513240610714.png (586x578, 37K)

bridgesofamsterdam.com/bridges/155/
a copy of Kattenslootbrug would work it seems

>300 people crying muh yachts vs a city

Attached: eat-the-rich.jpg (500x393, 17K)

build a fucking tunnel then

that's a very short bridge over a very narrow channel
see how big the water way is here such a bridge would be gigantic

I agree with your comment. But you’ll still lose. I’ve fought nimbys over:
>short term rentals
>private schools
>hotels

Do you want some advice? You’ll have to pay me.

t. Land use attorney and planning commission chair in a major city

American law
Not Straya

are you daft? you dont need the entire length of the bridge to lift, it just needs to be wide enough for marine traffic to pass through. heres a pic of the Erasmus Bridge in Rotterdam

Attached: tdhtgh.png (1072x813, 2.21M)

and the full length

Attached: ergewrtgew.png (1432x797, 3.11M)

Fair enough. I’ll just email your opposition and tell them to contact local electeds to see if the proposed project would require something equivalent to an environmental impact report.

Enjoy that marina. Looks beautiful.

Not your personal army.

fuck these pieces of shit. You know these cunts are the people chinking and pooing your cities. fuck them.
>This was the first thing I ever got redpilled on. Those rich proggie fucks in NE on nantucket were always for Green power. That was until a an offshore turbine farm was proposed that was at least 10 miles away from the island. But it would ruin their view.

Put fucking refugee slums right fucking next to these yachts.

they'll insist its not tall enough or wide enough

there are calls for some of the Fishermans Bend housing to include Public Housing :3

another thing is this would be a lot more expensive

it doesn't look like your interested in a solution that applies to all parties

TRAM IS GOOD

>LET ME BUILD A NOISY TRAM BRIDGE BY YOUR PROPERTY GOY

Attached: San_Francisco_Skyline_with_Embarcadero_Feb_1982-1140x500.jpg (1140x500, 271K)

Honestly the solution is just to privatize all the roads and distribute stock in the road companies to all residents. ALL infrastructure problems come from roads without fees. It's absolutely insane to subsidize commuting with free roads and then wonder why urban sprawl and traffic jams happen.

Also there needs to be a law that if an HOA tries to get an injunction about someone else's property, that HOA must own shares in that property or buy an guarantee from that property owner beforehand.

Sure there'll be holdouts, but there'll also be people who go around "flipping" properties by selling such guarantees.

Gated communities are the free market's way of coping with the diversity problem, and even though the government allows them to violate other people's property rights, in an ideal future, they'd be the cornerstone of a network of privately maintained apartheid zones.

Attached: interdasting.jpg (374x383, 16K)