Ballroom

>15 episodes in and we're still on the "muh leading" shit

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/suppuuri/status/911301300696027137
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Manga is worse trust me. I haven't watched the anime since I read the whole ongoing manga and realized it's going to be a snooze fest for the rest of the series.

I heard people say it was going to be the next Yuri on ice in terms of an unconventional sports show taking the world by storm. What happened?

>Manga is worse trust me

Don't listen to this faggot.

Holy shit, we're going far lads. This is Hyodou sitting on a couch talking about Tatara's 4-legged experience.

anime was a mistake

I've been in the anime and manga game a long time. People are always trying to guess what the next whatever is, and they're always wrong because there doesn't have to be a next. Think of those guys who have been trying to guess what the next big three will be since Bleach ended. The most hilarious example I can remember is a ton of people claiming the Tales of Abyss anime would be the next Code Geass.

Because the characters and ballroom dancing itself isn't homosexual enough.

>I heard people say it was going to be the next Yuri on ice in terms of an unconventional sports show taking the world by storm. What happened?

That's what the producers wanted, but that is ending up to be a massive failure

>Tales of Abyss anime would be the next Code Geass

I would say "you're lying, no one can be that retarded on Sup Forums" but i've learn my lesson, people on Sup Forums can say some really outlandish shit

Aside from the power point animation and disproportionate bodies, there's blatant sexism and homophobia.

Producers looked at this and approved it. How?

He's already absurdly accelerated, any faster and it's just a fantasy manga.

Worst dancing anime i watched. Litterally zero dancing, ugly characters and stills and reactions.

KyoAni dancing anime when?

More than that I think it's the weird pace, tons of shit happens during the tournament but months before that are skipepd like nothing happened

Soon.

Am I the only one enjoying this? It's ok to watch Saturday morning with some coffee.

You're not alone

Best girl appears in this episode.

She fucking broke her abdomen

>I can remember is a ton of people claiming the Tales of Abyss anime would be the next Code Geass.

I don't even know how much hoops you have to jump through to connect these two series.

>Best girl
Chinatsu? She's gonna be in every episode.

But her episodes and chapters are a huge waste of time, she isnt the endgame.

So what? She's still better than every other girl.

They said that Yuri on Ice paved the way for them, and that they wanted ballroom to follow in its steps, but them shot themselves in the foot by pretty much claiming that Yuri!!! is only popular because of the homo. Idiots.

*Then shot

It's already 2017. Japan is still stuck in the stone-age with their homophobia.

Who said?

It's almost like 90% of the world's population doesn't give one shit about homos.

She is, Chinatsu > Mako > Shitzuku

Producers and director
mobile.twitter.com/suppuuri/status/911301300696027137

>Yuri!!! is only popular because of the homo
To be fair, that's true.

But it was retarded to say it and ballroom anime's ballroom is pathetic. Unconventional sports aside, the two shows are nothing alike. They're not the same kind of story and have a different target audience.

Well he's not wrong about YoI being successful mostly because of the homo bait. Yuri on Ice got a decent spike, trend-wise and in pre-orders after episode 7, and had even higher spikes whenever something gay happened like the wedding ring. Before ep7, the highest rated disc wasn't near the top 50 in the rankings, episode 10 bumped pre-orders into the top 5 and stayed there for a good while, and by this point the show was already massively popular, thanks to all the gay overtones.

>but them shot themselves in the foot by pretty much claiming that Yuri!!! is only popular because of the homo
They're not wrong by saying that though.

And YOI is blatantly garbage, but that didn't stop the fans. Balroom is simply too boring, which is much worse for any potential popularity than being bad.

The comments in that tweet are pure cancer.

I thought the whole YoI paved the way thing in the context of Ballroom was always about anime about Choreographed dancing. huh.

YoI had awful looking ice skating segments, same as Ballroom dancing but with 80% more panned stills. It kinda makes sense now, maybe the 'paved the way' was meant to tell us that since YoI got away with it, they could too.

>YoI is a gay romance series with ice skating
>western fujoshit are assblasted because A MAN making an adaptation of a sports manga by a WOMAN says it will not be a gay romance anime

It's funny that they'll say they support the director of YoI for being a woman but it's more obvious that they really don't care about Ballroom because it doesn't have half a million yen's worth of merchandise featuring half naked boys for them to parade around. You would never see this happen to a series like Kuroko, Haikyuu or Free that are entirely made to bait women by only focusing on male characters.

The comments in this thread are cancer too. Welcome to the internet

YOI didn't advertise the homo at all. I think all the credit has to go to Yamato and even where the animation lacked it as never as painful as even Ballroom's regular animation. Her love for figure skating made it happen. Ballroom has great source material and it still manages to fail. It's like they don't respect it and just hoped to ride on YOIs success. Them claiming it was just because the homo is them trying to hide that and their failure in achieving something similar.

>YOI didn't advertise the homo at all
Why would it need to advertise something that the series itself is?

>90%
>citation needed

It's obvious you started the thread because it's airing day but goddamn at least let the people that just want to enjoy it, enjoy it in peace. It's not even popular here to warrant a lot of shitposts.

I can't stand chinatsu and her antics, is she out of the picture in the manga or is she going to be the main heroine now that Shizuku is leaving japan?

It wasn't advertised much period, no one was hyped for it, and it did not become popular until the middle of its run when fujos saw how homo it became.

I will give it credit for trying to animate the skating even though it looked like shit, that's more effort than stills. But it is still shit and it's only thanks to the homo that people care.

Animeonly-fags stfu.
Go back and watch your isekai shit.

What other animation studio do you think would have done a better job for BeY?

False. I mean, it's true that YOI went under the radar before it started airing, but the first episode was amazing (animation and story wise), one of the stronger starts from any anime that season (and let's not forget that fall 2016 had plenty of good shows) thus it started garnering attention from there. The interest spiked after episode 7, I won't deny that, but don't fool yourself or others into thinking that it wasn't getting more and more popular with every episode

See It was very stable before episode 7 and only blew up after the homo got heavier.

>What other animation studio do you think would have done a better job for BeY?

Frankly, I'd overhaul everything bad in the manga and be more like that Shounen Jump ballroom dancing manga that got unceremoniously cancelled

Everything that you like is gonna DIE

Yea, take a look at that graphic again. It just proves what I said as correct. It had no hype before ep 1, but its popularity started steadily increasing with every episode until it exploded after episode 7.

I'm guessing the opposite happened with ballroom. It was the most anticipated show of summer 2017, but the hype went down with every episode

Is this worth watching? Or is pure cancer?
I can't watched in summer because i dont have time

It's shit. You're better off reading manga.

>It was the most anticipated show of summer 2017

Was it? I mean I know there's some hype here cause the the manga's one of those ones who's scanlations is bred here and all, but is it actually hyped by the general "anime fandom"?

It's true. Only fujoshi care about sports anime.

Man, this arc is shit. The first 12 episodes were fun now it just keeps getting worse. And I don't know why or how but Tatara got really fucking annoying somehow. Maybe I should just switch to manga.

ballroom is a sports anime

How's that wrong? Take out the faggots and no one would have looked at it twice.

Sorry but it's true. It was getting more attention but on a lower level which can't be considered popular until the fujo stampede turned it into a certified hit.

A sports anime that is flopping because there are no fujos to save it.

I feel bad for those that just want to watch it in peace. This thread was just made to obviously bait, but then is derailed to YoI. Just make a new thread when the episode airs later.

A sports anime with girls and no fujobait, the reason it's flopping.

It was actually getting less popular before ep7

It's good, but suffers from the issue of the main character being stuck at being useless and never growing a spine, similar to Ippo. One of the reasons it's not more popular is because it has zero romance.

try again

yea, this discussion won't go anywhere. Up to you if you want to keep being delusional. The "it's only popular because of fujos" argument is lazy and can easily be discredit. But sure, let's keep blaming the "lack of fujobait" for Ballroom's flop

kek keep getting mad YOIfag

As always, animefags ruining another series's discussion.

I would say you have more reasons to be mad than I have, luv. You're the one supporting the flop

You should probably blame IG for making such a lousy adaptation. Not the casual anime viewers' fault that the show is a crapfest

Alright then if you can't accept the truth. But increase in attention =/= popular. It didn't become a hit until fujos realized it was gonna be gay as fuck, and yes, the fans are overwhelmingly made of fujos, and most of the attention it gets is for being gay.

>pacing is utter dogshit
>hurr animeonly fags are cancer
Forgive me for wanting to see the MC dance competently (like the new OP implies would happen) before episode 24.

Do it faggot. Switch to the superior mango though the series might end-up abruptly since the mangaka is dying from a japanese cold.

>like the new OP implies would happen
kek

Threads here were already reaching max and in the hundreds of posts even before the kiss. The first ep good a ton of good reviews and that already brought a lot of people to it. I was at a con just after ep 6 aired and girls were already crazy about it before the kiss.

>it's not gay if they don't kiss
This is the dumbest thing I've read all week.

Who are you quoting?

This anime has unnecessary and stupid fanservice

You can clearly see a higher spike in episode 7. It was already popular but the yaoi bait made the show blow up.

MFW Ballroom can't even keep a thread alive on the day the episode airs.

this is a shitposting thread.

It's a shitty bait thread.

>critique is b8 now
I know Sup Forums has always been the carebear board but come the fuck on.

Where? I'm waiting on the fanservice.
Dresses with exposed backs and workout clothes do not count as fanservice.

this is a shitposting thread

shizuku is not going anywhere but chinatsu is the main heroine, I didn't like her at first either but she grows on you. Sadly she's not endgame if the first chapter with future foreshadowing is to be trusted, unless the author retcons it Shizuku would be his partner at pro stage

some people really can't be happy unless they have something to be outraged about

Look at all this QUALITY.

Just noticed a new episode is already out. So are we gonna use this thread or nah?

Tatara better watch out, those things can poke his eyes out.

Make another.

There's literally no reason to. The episode is airing now so just focus on that instead of feeding the shitposters.

>The episode is airing now
Huh? It's already out on HS.

Yeah I just noticed. That's pretty odd.

t. anime-only fag, just wait for some episodes nigger

This woman is made purely for sex.

>that shizuku reveal looked like shit
>the scene with chinatsu's butt looked like shit
I guess they really are all out of budget.

Stopped watching it after a couple episodes even though I enjoyed it. Think I'm gonna wait for the BD rips and watch it whole.

Goddamn they are really rushing through this shit.