What is the greatest anime movie of all time?

what is the greatest anime movie of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgMIwuUsOME
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neither of those.

/thread

Ponya

Spirited Away is better than that over hyped garbage on the left.

They're the highest grossing and most acclaimed anime of all time

Perfect Blue

Girls und Panzer

not even the best movie of the year

This got nominated for and won dozens of awards.Took the Kinema Junpo award for best picture last year and 3 others. If anyone cares, Shin Godzilla was the runner-up.

Ideon be invoked

End of Evangelion but Spirited Away is a close second.

a pigs gotta fly

Please don't put an image of Your Name next to a masterpiece ever again.

Miyahacki movies are for kids and not masterpieces in any way except for visuals.

High quality children's entertainment will always be superior to teenage flicks.

Keit Ai was pretty good

This or EoE. Prove me wrong.

for kids

Half of a good movie. Second half is worst than Earth Sea.

That Rurouni Kenshin OVA about his past.

At least one of those is a classic with actual compelling themes and storytelling made by an established legend. The other was made by a hack with no substance outside of cute shit and traced visuals.

FPBP

This one is

K-On!'s movie

>traced visuals
Really?

Prove me wrong.
You cant

patrition taste

My favorite one

You're right, because I haven't seen it.

Close but the best Kon movie is Tokyo Godfathers

Millennium Actress desu

Neither of those two One is a good but quite overrated movie, the other is the most undeserving Oscar winner ever

Only Yesterday and Princess Kaguya

Neither of those

Nope

Worst Kon work

Decent movie, nothing special

Haven't seen it yet

First actual contender

Again haven't seen it, but it sounds a little too esoteric to be 'the best'

Second contender

Third contender

But sadly, you niggers are all wrong. There is only one movie that rises above the rest to become more than merely a film. One with a grandiosity to it that overshadows all others like a mountain to an anthill. There is only one anime with so much passion, attention to detail, quality animation, beautiful storytelling and plot, and an ending so poignant and daring that just listening to the OST can make grown men cry

>Was any of it good or bad? I really couldn't say. But like most people, I guess, I was raised in the same country I was born. My family was middle-class, pretty ordinary. And so, I've never known the troubles of the rich, or the hardships of the poor. To tell you the truth, I couldn't really care less. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Navy pilot. You had to join the Navy if you wanted to fly jets. They were so fast. Flew so high. For me, there could be nothing better than flying. But two months before I was to graduate from school, I saw that my grades weren't good enough to let me do any of that. And so, I ended up joining the Space Force.

Best movie is The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

The one closest to my heart is princess mononoke.
The final fight in sword of the stranger is awesome though

fpbp

I've never watched Spirited Away but a theater near me is showing it is it actually good or is it just a meme

The pleb's choice

The wannabe patrish choice

The safe choice

The film buff choice

The artsy rym-core choice

The modern otaku loser choice

What do you like god of good taste?

>Honneamise
>safe
I'm sitting on a landmine of
>but what about the rape scene
replies

Dragon ball evolution

I've heard it's either the Space Runaway Ideon movie or DYRL but I'm not into mechs so I haven't seen them.

All the bleach/Dragon ball movies and the recent SAO movie

Princess Mononoke, and it's not up for debate.

The rest of the top 5 (in no particular order) would probably be Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, and Grave of the Fireflies. Although I might say Jin-Roh instead of Grave.

Dum nigger

DYRL is actually amazing. The only complaint I have is how they just skipped the first episode. Like 3 minutes of animation was all it needed.

>Mononoke
Not even best Ghibli.

Try Nausica

Nausicaa is the rough draft of Mononoke.

The rape scene made the film better. It was needed to hammer home the ugly side of human desire and evolution.

>Nausica
Weak sauce. Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro are objectively the best Ghibli films.

Do You Remember Love
youtube.com/watch?v=kgMIwuUsOME

Mononoke does everything Nausicaa did, but worse.

Go rewatch Nausicaa.

I understand that. You understand that. it's the others that I'm worried about

im dum for enjoying shit?

come at me

I second this.

And you are a triggered faggot otaku, who thinks he has refined tastes, but in reality he is just a filthy casual, who has personal issues, and wants attention.

Quads confirm, best Miyazaki movie for real thinkers.

all this thread is a huge neet bait, theres no such thing as best anime movie, although GitS and PB are good contenders, as well as some ghibli films. the craft doesnt have so many people working on it, so i guess there will be a time in the future where, considering some good ass talent comes, we will be able to answer this question. btw, ItCotW is 8/10 max.

Violet Evergarden

Nice hypocrisy.

the one where the lesbian turns into a car

are people still excited for this?

EoE is great. It has a built in lazyfag filter that makes you sit through a 24 episode series (assuming you don't watch the original ending) before you can understand what's going on. In order to enjoy the greatest anime film of all time you have to do a little "work", something that just makes the movie even better.

Nausicaa movie was somewhat ruined when I found out about the superior manga. Still like the movie though.

>implying this isn't EoE
lmaoing at your life m8

Spirited Away isn’t even the best Ghibli film

Porco Rosso, Kaguya and Ponyo are top three in no particular order. Fight me, faggots

IT'S EITHER KIMI NO NA WA OR DISAPPEARANCE

Rewatched porco rosso again the other day. The dub is just so goofy, but man it was cozy.

I've seen over a hundred and unfortunately and quite boringly it's most certainly EoE.

DYRL

>They're the highest grossing and most acclaimed anime of all time
Neither of which makes them the best movie. Next you're gonna say Avatar and The Phantom Menace are the best Hollywood movies ever made.

>crtl+f
>akira
>no results found

Replace Kaguya and Ponyo with Whisper of the Heart and Beautiful Dreamer and I'll agree.

Ponyo was a great movie too. Screw the people on here afraid of anything with kids.

tbqh Ponyo is my favourite Ghibli

This, Redline and GitS are the best shit to be honest

EoE followed by GITS, no contest.

Wolf Children and My Neighbor Totoro are the only acceptable answers

Princess Mononoke, Akira and Paprika are all pretty great

Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies. All for different reasons.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is also pretty amazing but weaker than the ones already listed.

We got to see Asuka titties in it thats the only reason the rating is high.
Complete trash otherwise

Nice list.

forgot Tekkonkinkreet.

>Ctrl+F Lupin the 3rd: The Fuma Conspiracy
>Ctrl+F Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro
>Phrase not found
Shit taste.

Both good but overrated. Porco Rosso > Spirited Away and 5cm > Your Name

Top 10 material

Ditto

Excellent but resembles live action too much

True

Would be so if it was a stand alone movie.

Loved the visuals, hated the story and the message

Dead girls doing dead things

Unironically top 10 material there.

Time to take off your nostalgia glasses.

Wings of Honneamise
Char's Counterattack

These.

Spirited Away is retarded artsy garbage that Americans only pretend to like because they’re pretentious cunts in it for random orientalism mysticism bullshit they don’t understand but think is deep and cultural.

Your Name has good visuals and BGMs (not songs) but is ultimately shallow garbage and the result of Shinkai selling out. Almost every single previous film he did is better.

The Japanese voted for a generic as fuck “wahhh this woman has cancer and dies at the end how sad” movie for the Japan academy award over Shin Godzilla even though nobody gave a shit about it whole Shin was a fucking phenomenon. The people in charge of that shit just have a clear bias against anime and tokusatsu.

Beautiful Dreamer and Arete Hime are the two best movies I've seen so far.

Akira

Are there any worthwhile movies coming out before the year ends?

gintama movie 2

Maybe not the greatest but its up there

That's a generic romcom but with time travel (and rather unrealistic).