Is this worth watching/reading in 2017?

Is this worth watching/reading in 2017?

yes.

yes.

Nah, every anime per season looks better and had better girls.

Lum is the best girl ever.

Different user here - read or watch?

Both

Do it's OC or faithful adaptation?

No

Anime It replaces some random background dude with a group of more memorable Lum groupies, but besides that it's pretty faithful.
Both are better than anything this season has so knock yourself out.

Finished the last movie right now.
It made me cry.

The anime adapts everything the manga did. Then adds like 100 more episodes, many of which are better than the source material. Arguably the best part of the series is the movies, which are totally away from the manga.

The series is worth watching just for this one movie. And the fact that Ataru breaks all the conventions of a typical MC. The star of the show isn't Lum. Its Ataru.

I liked it but honestly it didn't feel that much like Urusei Yatsura, it was... moodier, darker which I don't think is UY at all.

I can't say it's bad because it's certainly not, I just don't think I would want more like it.

That's not how you spell Ranma.

Idk, it feels like it didn't remain relevant. I like yuki onna or whatever

Do it. Cult classic and it's funny/engaging at times.

Half the fanbase and Takahashi felt the same way. But I can't help but think its the best anime movie out there. Sometimes a series can go outside its genre and theme to do something. Its a monumental risk and most series can't pull it off. But this one did.

No, it's extremely dated. Fan service is bad, humor is old fashioned.

The characters are great though.

They're annoyingly harsh, old comedy that didn't age well

It's not dated. It was always bad

I should really get back to watching this show. I know it gets really good later on. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was a random Christmas episode at a convention. But who knows how far that is into the show. I started watching it from the beginning and it keeps having the characters go into strange time jumps like cavemen or ancient Japan. And its kind of random.

Ranma is better

No trust me on this

Yeah Ataru is alpha as fuck

Maybe, but it's not a masterpiece like a lot of people claim.

What does 2017 have to do with it?