Is Shonen forever ruined because of this?

Is Shonen forever ruined because of this?

if anything it was saved

>faggots spam this shit endlessly
>act surprised when Sup Forums infects their board

O

This saved shounen, by creating a golden standard of asspull to compare other shounen asspulls to and by giving us an easy way to make fun of them without writing paragraphs about a shitty shounen.

How was it an asspull again?

MY OVERUSED JOKE
Fuck this meme, people aren't making an argument anymore they're just making Alterations of the same Meme

O

explain to me why poeple are so butt hurt over this,

>left ro right
leave

O

MY

BENIS

MY

REWIND

BIG

Dick

GENKI DAMA

Because everything is an asspull. This post is an asspull.

Apparently, this is somehow worse then all the other egregious examples of jumping the shark in worse shows, even though it has both precedence, one of which being seen in the very same fight, and a plausible application of an ability known for it's versatility and unique properties.

Only reason this meme lived as long as it did is because people want to take cheap potshots to deflate some HxH's rep and the fanbase is filled with actual children(thanks Madhouse).

No, just you.

Kids reading this will think that braincells can be restored.

No, they wouldn't even think about something like that.

>tfw you unironically enjoy "O" shitposting
MY

QUIRK

MOCHI

t. Butthurt BNHfag

WITH

RUBBER GENKI DAMA

No
It's just that BNHfags are overreacting because the "O" posting hit them too fucking hard to the point that they begin to spam their threads with "roll" faggotory , fearing the "O" posting

REWINDING

There's a reason why only Sup Forums makes fun of OLEV while the entire Japan doesn't even know what that is.

How does this make me a fag for a series I don't care for?

BLACK

Implying

One of the top shonen in history has one the worst asspull of relevant shonen in history.
Sad.

Read it again, speedreader

educate me

It was an asspull because Nen working after death or characters with abilities to get back from death was never foreshadowed. Oh wait...

This
OP is probably a BNHfag

->
Answer me, kid. I want to see actual proof that this is worse than the other. Worse than the ones in Naruto, Bleach, DB, you name it. I'm game for having this conversation for the hundredth time. In the hopes that it'll finally fucking end, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

KI

I just realized that Katakuri's fruit has the properties of both rubber and gum

DESIRE.

>kid so important that the mob boss is obsessed with her
>we are shown her quick "deletes" quirks

>"LOL WHAT THE FUCK O MY REWIND!!!"

You stupid jews, the alternative is deku keeps using 20%, jumps her to overhaul, and she touches/bleeds on him to completely neuter him. Which would have been even worse than letting deku fight at his full strength

If the antagonist is the one doing it, is it an asspull?

When Kira got shot in the chest and was protected by his watch by pure luck, was that an asspull?

It wasn't an asspull because of that.
It was an asspull because reviving a body after several hours of death at a very convenient time with no lasting brain or cell damage is a not a property of either rubber or gum.

What's the O MY REWIND QUIRK meme. I don't read BNH

>because reviving a body after several hours of death.
>several hours.
This is where it fell apart, user.

One can only imagine the reception Dragonball would get if it came out today
>Goku goes super saiyan
>"OH MY ARYAN GENS"
I can see it so clearly.

>several hours of death
Except it wasn't several hours you idiot. It was barely even a few minutes.

There's a difference between plot armor and an asspull

I don't know why did it hit so hard. I mean, it was a little ridiculous, but again, Hisoka had to engineer a situation where he would die of asphyxiation instead of having, let's say, his brain blown up by one of the multiple exploding puppets. Also we know Nen works after death.

The only world-building question I got from this is, why doesn't more people have abilities to come back from death, just in case (obviously the talented ones like Netero, I get that not every chump could pull an O MY).

Are you stupid? That's happening right now this very instant in a Dragon Ball Super thread.

Which one is acceptable?

When an antagonist is able to pull off an asspull, we probably give him a bit more leeway since it would mean the protagonist has to work all the harder to overcome the antagonist. When it's the protagonist that does the asspull, that becomes a cop-out for the reader. Granted, a big enough asspull or many asspulls strung together would make it a cop out for the antagonist as well, but if the protagonist has to struggle all the more to earn victory, then yeah, a narrowly applied asspull for the antagonist would work.

The mechanics of this were set up, if this scene would have been in JoJo everybody would have called it a brilliant tactic, it is just getting memed because people were sick of HxH eltists

O

>tfw you unironically enjoy "O" shitposting
MY

Yeah, in a world where people without any supernatural aid can push tons of weight and become immune to poisoning by drinking poison, Hisoka, who actually came back thanks to supernatural means and is full of a life energy that has healing properties (remember Ten?) not having lasting brain damage after a few minutes is weird.

No, just on Sup Forums, but everything on Sup Forums is ruined forever.

MY

Me too actually
REWIND

BTD was an asspull. The watch thing was simply retarded.

REWIND
QUIRK

Except the Super Saiyan legend was foreshadowed by Freezer killing the saiyans (why would he genocide his willing slaves if he weren't afraid of them?), and the fact that it took Krillin's death to trigger the transformation shows that not any Saiyan could transform: since they're all psychos, most of them wouldn't ever care for someone deeply enough to transform. This transformation is something very special, Toriyama won't cheapen it by making it about genes or back tingling.

I like the asspulls in Kira's favour, because he's just so outmatched and outgunned that he needs those asspulls to level the playing field.

Well, luck is a thing that can happen. In Jojo we had a major antagonist defeated by sheer luck, and is one of the better fights. The protagonist had a plan that failed, but created the conditions for his victory by accident.

That's true, it doesn't even make sense that he was able to escape after having SHA defeated.

GENKI DAMA QUIRK

Super saiyan was foreshadowed heavily

>The only world-building question I got from this is, why doesn't more people have abilities to come back from death.

In Hisoka's case, it isn't just nen that brought him back from death. His moveset specifically allows for him to do that because of its properties of expansion/compression.

The village elder did an O but couldn't pull off what Hisoka did because he doesn't have that kind of ability. Now, is it possible for someone to come up with a similar ability, sure. But I doubt they could be as effective with it as Hisoka can, he's clearly among the cream of the crop and had years of experience. And someone could make a separate ability just for that, but they run the risk of memory overload if it's involves categories outside of what they are apt for. You could fuck up like Kastro and end up dead as a result.

In fact, I think among the cast I think probably only Killua could probably do the same thing in this case. Both are Transmuters, extremely talented and Killua could use electric shocks as a defibrillator

no, and also kill yourself

I dont know why people bitch about this

did anyone actually want to see the best character in that series die? cmon

The current arc introduced a loli who was being used to produce bullets that strip people of their superpowers. Everyone thoughr she just had power nullifying abilities and that's it.
Come the latest chapters and it turns up she has the power to "rewind" people so she can rewind them back into nothingness, devolve them into apes (having superpowers is due to humans evolving so she was devolving them when she took their powers) and fixing wounds.
MC put her in his back and is going to use her to go all out with his power (that breaks his body when he uses more than 20% of it and now he is using 100%) without destroying his body.
People call it an asspull because there was no foreshadowing about the girl having such a particularly OP power and it's extremely convenient for the MC.

Did it cost anything for either the loli or MC to use their powers together or did they conveniently get off scot free?

What fight are you referring to?

>Going/caring for super threads

The point is that even if there was forshadowing people would still find a way to blow it out of proportion like with HxH and BNHA

>a fucking clown pedo serial killer
>best character

Yeah, but Kurapika, for example, should be able to create a chain to come back from death, maybe in specific circumstances. Illumi could have a needle that activates after his death and keeps moving him. Kite suppossedly had an ability to come back from death, if we understood Ging correctly.

We don't know, he put her in his back in the final page of the latest chapter.
The only downside to the loli's power is that she can't control perfectly and even accidentally erased her powers because of that.

>he put her in his back
This sounds weird.

Cars' defeat. Yeah, properties of Hamon were foreshadowed, but his defeat relied on him using a 100x Hamon for the hell of it, Joseph blocking it with the red stone by instinct (multiplying it even further), and them being under a volcano that could be detonated by Hamon (yeah, Joseph dragged the fight to a volcano, but not to shoot Cars to space).

Just like Goku being called an alien in DB pt 1, amirite?

It's not that.

It's the "Okay, this girl has an eraser quirk, one that is more potent and powerful than Eraser heads and can be synthed into bullets. That sets her up as a very high level of quirk we're talking SS+ here when pretty much only Allmight and AllforOne and CaptainCeleb* are SSS+."

Then we get revealed that "Oh, it's not just erasure, it's like total rewind that can delete peoples quirks, ctrl+z ANYTHING that happened so negate any power boosts, it can repair any damage, restore and heal any wound, likely potentially ressurect the dead, restore Mirio's quirk making this entire arc lose all impact, oh, and she can instant uberkill anyone she touches at will by reverting them into a small puddle of spunk, including One-for-All and Allmight, and on the topic of those guys she can also fully restore All-might to full power and heal his crippling wound and again, potentially give him One-For-All back so there are now two. And currently, she is "Buffing" Deku by resetting him back to how he was 1 second ago, while he is using far more power than he normally should because his bones are being "Reset" as fast as they break."

Like, we didn't need her impact to be increased, we were already on board with "Eri is Important." and they just casually drop out "Keep in mind I’m talking about Rinne Tensei Eri with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, the Rinnegan, a perfect Susano’o... Ect."

It's an asspull power up with no reason for it nor need for it, there are plenty of ways they could make the fight continue in a tense, interesting way using elements that have already been established other than "Oh by the way I can also use my Quirk to make you 5 times stronger." and Deku going "Aha, great. Since I'm the smart boi character, let me calculate and utilize a clever way of using this synergistic combo, beep boop by my calculations I can pull of an elaborate stunt combo that I like to call "Do what I do in every fucking fight and smash him, but harder."

I know, I was just joking about DBZ. Anyway, even if Goku's transformation would be spared, the subsequent gratuitous transformations of everybody else would be mercilessly trashed.

Defibrillation wont do anything if the heart isn't living and in fibrillation, there's a clue in the name you retarded shart in mart

He'll put her on his front later, right now he's fighting the boss.

How you explained, it doesn't make much sense. I guess the point is that Deku uses OFA at full power, and she instantly rewinds his wounds, but shouldn't she also deactivate OFA when she does that? Or it is: Deku uses OFA, breaks, deactivates, gets healed, uses again?

It evens out.
As long as her power has an injury to reverse it won't devolve him.

>it hard cocksucking hxhfags
If togashi were going to rape you, i'm sure you still would say "i-it makes sense". Sad how blind a fanbasr can be.

He did cheapen it later with every saiyan being able to do it, and with having 1000 different forms for it.

Deactiving OFA would require her to use her powers to devolve Deku (who in the first place isn't an evolved human because he obtained his powers in a different way), she is just using a tiny bit of them to rewind his wounds.

Basically the speed at which Eri is destroying his body

like baneposting people will eventually get tired of it.
but also like banesposting it will never truly die

Oh, it's a ctrl-z that unmakes the last change? Interesting.

Could she make herself and other people immortal by rewinding age? Also, it seems like a character the author will have to kill because otherwise he will be in deep shit.

O MY YATO'S SMELL

He has a covenant/restriction in place already for a specific purpose. If he breaks it to revive himself, then as Izunavi said, he risks killing himself in the process. It's a double edged sword. And Healing Chain can only go so far.

Illumi would end up like Pitou, he'll turn himself into a Needleman and become basically a walking vegetable.

And I think the Koala elaborated on what Ging suggested. How a lot of the Chimera Ants regained some of their memories were due to the "soul" being transferred to another vessel( a concept brought up in Greed Island). Kite maybe was more proactive.

One of the Theory to explain that away is she can only rewind physical changes, his mental state (Aka, OfA is turned On) stays the same.

The other is that it might be to do with the concept of "No one can take OfA away from you." shtick.

And this shit is totally irreversible? Doesn't it have a time limit, or a condition like Eraser head who has to keep watching you? Doesn't it affect Eri at all?