How did Watamote go from being a fun little diversion to one of the best manga around?

How did Watamote go from being a fun little diversion to one of the best manga around?

A lot of entertaining characters were introduced or fleshed out.

The authors kept improving themselves

Watamote was always a masterpiece in the making.

What do you think Tomoki is going to give Komisomething?

The authors actually know how to develop a character slowly and subtly

By showing them the power of the dick.

fagot

i don't get the joke

The joke is that Komi-something a shit.

That bitch is in heat

but ain't having her period the oposite of that?

It's not just watamot it's all of nico tanigawa New manga are great.

Alpha.

What if she said this as a teacher

The chapter from the panel you posted did it for me. I have always like watamote but the last chapters and that one in specific made it become one of my favorites. Character development sure is a nice thing.

She's so wet she think she's having her period.

i think that makes sence

That's just an excuse to explain why her panties are drenched now

this

>implying Tomoki masculinity and overabundance in testosterone didn't lodge loose one of her eggs

Tomoki sends bitches into heat.

This.

Yuri.

And I don't mean the /u/ kind

godlike girl
>tfw no narcoleptic, comfy, kind gf

What was the reaction to last chapter? I missed the threads.

update that shit

Around the time it became Tomoko's weird lesbian harem.

Agreed, but I mean both kinds.

Love for delinquent and Yuri, Komi bullying because she disrespected Yuri.

Her friends know, don't they? They must have noticed.

I think authors are setting her up for being the target of fang bitch and Komi's bullshit, so Tomoko has to end up helping her become popular

With the way third grade is set up, there will have to be a chapter where Komi starts some shit with Tomoko and delinquent defends her violently.

It will happen and it will be glorious.

Tomoko's or Ucchi's? Ucchi's friends notice how much she talks about her, they must suspect something.
Also, Ucchi's obsession is really getting out of hand. It's got to come to a head soon.

I'm honestly surprised at how much I've come to like some of the side characters.

Yuri is so fucking endearing it's unreal.

I've never been a fan of that hairstyle, but somehow Yuri manages to make it work.

I don't remember this. Is this from some specials?

Chapter 95.

why is she afraid of showing her smile?

Get that weeb shit out of here

>they don't think i'm weird
is more like they know and still like her

>Liberal translation
Meh.

Good thing she's too dense to realise that or she'd start developing too fast for the series.

It didn't. It started with the fairly original concept of a self-absorbed delusional girl fucking up in embarassing ways, but has since dropped it in favour of regular SoL comedy.

No.

Agree on this too.

Disregarding the ridiculous (yet entertaining) side plot with Emoji's yuri crush on Tomoko, many things about this manga are very believable and relatable. Not only the initial loner phase, but also the long journey to becoming somewhat socially adjusted, which Tomoko has been going through during her first 2 years in high school.

Tomoko has made a few "hangarounds" (perhaps there's a better word for it, I'm not a native speaker), people that gravitate towards each other while in school, but hasn't taken the final leap to being actual friends yet. They don't see each other on their spare time (something which Yuri seemed sad about and wants to change ), and most introverts need a few years before they are comfortable enough with new people. I really hope it will be before graduation.

Tomoko has made great progress (she even thought so herself after the class party), and can now hold conversations with strangers without spilling spaghetti everywhere, if only for a limited periods of time. Her irrational hatred towards "normal" people has all but vanished, with an ever so slight curiosity over their unique traits taking its place.

I would say that Tomoko has entered the "self-aware" phase recently. She can actually sense when she's about to make an idiot of herself in front of others now, and tries to avoid it at all costs. However, she is still maladjusted to the point where it isn't always coming naturally to her, so she has to think about it lot, and often makes a fool out of herself by trying too hard instead.

Sadly, Tomoko picked up the awful habit of constantly lying in order to not seem lame or dumb at an early age, and that will probably haunt her for many years to come, if not for life.

woah thanks I somehow skipped that one

> when you’ve basically gone down the same road as Tomoko

she's clearly grabbing her stomach so she's having stress cramps in the colon area so that's mistaken for a period cramp

>Komisomething, dickgirl, fang bitch, emoji-v2
vs
>Tomoko, Delincuent, Yuri, emoji-v1
Mako defends Yuri against fang, and reafirms their friendship
delinquent and Tomoko rekt Komisomething
emoji catfight over Tomoko
BRING IT

if only the artist could improve

but why would her friend be disgusted?

Each chapter just gets better and better.
How is this even possible?

We have achieved maximum healing
For the authors, the readers and the characters

>to one of the best manga around
No

Yuri was the unexpected best girl of watamote. Back then during the school trip I never thought she would have such a big role as she does now. But I guess that how real life works too

that's pretty bold

>there are people dropping this before things start getting better
>there are anime-only fags that will never know how great it actually is now
Genuinely sad. Feels like the title describes this series' situation perfectly.

Did we ever find out what kind of music she's listening to all the time?

The best one: Electromusic

I was seriously losing interest as well until the class trip

Whatever happened to voice actress girl? I miss her she was kuroki's 1st classmate/friend

It's not great now, it's a generic SoL now. It's just better than it was in the middle where it was neither embarassing or SoL. It has nothing on the early chapters.

Everything has been going really well for some time now. Too well, in fact. When is it time for the great, painful setback? Or has this manga gone down the feelgood route on the home stretch?

I want Tomoko to find someone but at the same time I'd feel too jelly if it happens. LOL

die teen

ure closer than me old man

There'll be no setback. Whether it's on the home stretch is debatable. It should end soon, but manga tend to either end too early or too late. Rarely do they end on a timely note.

Bullshit, manga ends precisely when they mean to.

>girls start bullying Tomoko because of her boyfriend announcement
>Tomoko is too afraid of dragging her friends into it that she doesn't tell them or anyone else
>friends begin to notice Tomoko's withdrawn nature and guess that she just wants to be alone
Change is in the wind.

>light green
>light blue
>dark blue
>dark green
>orange
>pink
Holy fucking shit, add a key.

Fuck of Gandalf you crotchety old pleb and only come back when you've improved your power level.

She's still around.

Tomoko's unfounded paranoia of being surrounded by lesbian stalkers is going to have a field day when she finds out there was a real one the whole time.

Imae graduated! so the person holding series down finally left!

Come on now user things won't end that way..

I can see it happening

So when is Ucchi finally going to snap and kidnap Tomoko?

Let's speculate on what they'll do to her.
>stab her with pencils
>stealing her lunch
>trip her in the halls

I don't think anyone in that school has that level of cruelty going, we'd have seen it by now.
Even someone as aggressive as Yoshida doesn't actually hurt Tomoko significantly when she hits her.

Fang might.

I don't know, we don't really follow anyone other than Tomoko in the school, so we don't know other people's situations.
>Fang starts biting her

Fang just seems kind of snarky. Plus, Mako is an element there. Picking on a friend of a friend is kind of pushing it.

Everyone in Tomoko's year seems fairly normal, even Yoshida's slutty friends don't seem nasty.
And Tomoki's year doesn't seem bad either.

Yeah, I guess you're right.
But I think it would be interesting how the introduction of bullying would affect the storyline.

I don't know, there are a lot of the school we haven't seen. Most people have for the most part treated Tomoko with indifference or weren't aware of her existence, and her newfound """popularity""" might bring the bully cross-hairs onto her. Either due to malice or jealousy.

In chapter 116 tomoki saw Yoshida tease tomoko and immediately suspected she was being bullied. So Tomoki, (with more social school experience) knows that bullying isn't completely out of the question on that school.

also fang lose her inner circle of friends and is hanging out with asuko who is also in good terms with motoko

Nemo is the biggest bitch on campus so if anyone straight up murders Tomoko, it'd probably be her.

>In chapter 116 tomoki saw Yoshida tease tomoko and immediately suspected she was being bullied. So Tomoki, (with more social school experience) knows that bullying isn't completely out of the question on that school.
Tomoki is also fairly ignorant of students in the year above him (which is probably fairly normal), given how little he knows about the girls in Tomoko's year or any seniors other than the ones in his club.
I imagine his jumping to conclusions is based on the logical conclusion of "my sister is a social retard with zero self-awareness who shoots her mouth off and pisses people off without realising it, she MUST be being bullied by someone".

I dunno. The manga is too comedy centric to delve seriously into bullying, it'd probably kill the tone. Even in the beginning it was mostly just cringe humour over Tomoko being an idiot without anything really bad happening to her, so going down the bullying path could make things go nasty quite fast.

>asuko
Which one was she, again?

asuka is make-up chan

Nemo isn't a psycho, she's just a what-if scenario where Tomoko figured out how to suppress her powerlevel and act like a normalfag at an early age. She's a bitch in the same way Tomoko is.

Now if anyone was going to kill Tomoko, it'd be Yoshida by accident or Ucchi or Kiichan in a Nice Boat scenario.

Oh, right. Odd that she took to Tomoko so easily.

Tomoko wouldn't allow herself to get bullied. I remember how she reacted when fangcunt laughed at her. The little bitch is crazy, she'll bite your throat out.

Tomoko bullies herself well, there is no need for anyone else to interveene

I'm pretty certain giving people false confidence based on misinformation on what will make them interesting or popular qualifies as bullying. So yes, Tomoko absolutely bullies the shit out of herself. She really is her own worst enemy.

>Odd that she took to Tomoko so easily
i think she is just nice, she also took fang under her wing when she lose her friends

>Oh, right. Odd that she took to Tomoko so easily.
Some sluts want to redeem themselves

Ucchi will be the Helga Pataki of Watamote.

Its mittelschmerz from ovulation, combined with being wet as fuck, so she thinks its her period.

Watamote can only be understood by people with 120 IQ.

She wants to be low-key.

>mittelschmerz
so she actually released an egg just because tomoki talked to her

Only rick and morty viewers can get this joke

She's the final boss now.