Why?

Why?
What is the appeal?

It's objectively shit but entertaining at times and looks nice.

Ordinal Scale was pretty good

It's an anime equivalent for shitty ya fiction.

i.e. Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc.

It's an spot on parody of gamers.

Plus the show is just for entertainment with good animation.

Wish fulfillment for geeky teenagers and manchildren.

>looks nice
it looks like 90's hentai OVAs

First wish-fulfillment anime for gamers.

GLOP and asuna titties.

It's garbage but it was pretty entertaining how Kirito would asspull his way out

Did this faggot ever find anyone who could so much as scratch him?
Dropped this series after 5 episodes or so, I couldn't deal with this shitty self-insert Gary Stu.

Nah.

Sometimes. But usually it's low-stakes or irrelevant in the grand scheme

Nice visuals and people really wanted a MMO anime. Too bad it didn't even deliver on the second point.

Self-Insert gary stu with a large harem. It's trash but if you don't take it too seriously you might be able to enjoy it somewhat. I watched it with the dub for added effect.

>all those faggots saying nice visual
Do you have ever seen some other shit apart of pokemon and naruto?

>Did this faggot ever find anyone who could so much as scratch him?
I'm so tired of this meme. Kirito literally wins 1 (one) fight in the entire series.

What the hell? I recall this guy going up against 3 opponents at the same time, just standing there while they were hitting him since he was healing faster than they could do damage anyway.
Are you telling me this guy could actually lose?

No

Gateway to the gameverse.

>level 99 vs level 1 scrubs

>Did this faggot ever find anyone who could so much as scratch him?
Asuna, Kayaba, that one Eugene guy with the gimmicky sword, Desu Gun, Yuuki, practically everyone in Alicization.
Am I missing someone?

Have you ever played an MMO?
Get to level 50, and visit a level 20 area, and see how much damage the anything there can hurt you. That scene was just realistically portraying the unfairness of level gaps in an MMO.

It's amazing how many people consider Kirito OP just because of this scene, even though it was explicitly stated in the same episode that he was a high level player visiting a mid level area. If you replaced Kirito with Asuna or Klein in that scene, it would have been the same shit. Kirito's "Battle Healing" skill just lets him ignore damage from small-fries.

Eiji.

Dunno if I'd count him, considering he was cheating, no?

>Get rid of gary stu
>Instead have many arcs of all the different experiences a bunch of people have, 3 or maybe 4 episodes each
>Have a mix of happy and depressingly terrible endings
>Season becomes 9/10
Wow I fixed it

Watch Log Horizon pleb