Shigurui: Death Frenzy

The atmosphere in this fucking show, man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECF5inj5us0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Such an underrated series. I don't know what happened to the director, going from Texhnolyze and Shigurui to fucking Orange.

>threadly reminder that it was all Hirako's fault that everything went to shit

Nah, he was just following his dreams, and unlike Griffith he didn't do anything immoral in his trying to accomplish those dreams. He literally did nothing wrong.

I loved this. You get to have your cake and eat it with Shigurui - you get your over the top samurai bullshit and you get your gritty life is shit realism.

It just got a lot harder to make those kinds of shows after the Madhouse 'collapse' and diaspora.

He was still bringing his stylsitic conventions over to Steins;Gate, and perhaps more significantly, TerraFormars, which featured the character designer and chief animation director on Shigurui (and shared a lot of the same digital effects and the general palette).

I wasn't too happy with Orange as it got around the halfway mark but that seemed to be more due to the production collapsing. The first few episodes were fantastic and felt like a nice marriage of Hamasaki's trademark eeriness with something a bit more colourful and accessible. I could really appreciate how much he brought to the show's look considering how comparatively unremarkable the manga's visuals were.

The thing I really dug is how plausible the fighting was compared to most animes. No one ever magicked their way to victory, and you can clearly see that the principle of the dojo's fighting style involves using their swords as levers with their grip held at the very base of the handle to have more reach than their opponents. Maybe not something you could actually do, but it's a very clever idea.

Irako literally did nothing wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=ECF5inj5us0

This english dub of this song was pure cancer.

>it was all Hirako's fault that everything went to shit
Oh, yeah. Nothing to do with the Kogan dojo being filled with psychopathic killers or anything. As far as I'm concerned, Kogan was the real villain in all this.

>tfw samurai were just a bunch of assholes in a power trip instead of honourable nippon warrios

Does the show finish the manga and is the adaption good? Only read the manga and the ending fucked me up quite a bit. Wouldnt mind seeing it again in motion. Either way this manga was disgusting but interesting.

It's true. Samurai were basically organized thugs. The daimyo's personal army to go fuck with some peasants when he's bored.

The adaptation is pretty damn good but they use motion sparingly. It basically ends after irako fights Kogan

Manga was ok. That one arc with the fat twins, and their sister was weird as hell.

I wonder what happened to the "sister", did she get killed by the psycho or what?

He did good with Orange: Mirai movie though.
It was clearly a production collapsing with TV series

she became one of his many lovers

He stupidly had an affair with his master's lover when his master had a complex about being betrayed.

He literally murdered a child.